IGNORED

In which Abigail the Martyr harasses a man at Goodwill

singsingsing

3 hours ago, singsingsing said:

Oh, it was even better. They got rid of their full sized fridge when they moved in, for reasons unknown. They replaced it with a mini fridge, which, as you say, would be way too small for a family of 8. This necessitated her grocery shopping on a much more frequent basis, but it's not like she lived around the corner from a store or a farmer's market, so she needlessly complicated her life. BUT THEN - they ended up getting rid of the mini fridge, and replacing it with another full sized fridge! Yeah, they're really poor.

I believe the original full sized fridge stuck out awkwardly into the kitchen area, took up too much room, and didn't go with the decor. #CarmelitePriorities

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jill and Abigail in WV. I am sorry to my family and friends who still resides in the state and hope they never have to cross paths with them.

Abigail can whine poverty all she wants. She is just fine compared to many others in the state. Also, she lives in the Martinsburg area, which is one of the wealthiest parts of the state. Many people in the region/county live there and commute to DC a couple hours away. It is cheaper for them than the surrounding areas of MD and VA, but the pricing for homes and such are rather pricey by WV standards. 

3 hours ago, nausicaa25 said:

Damnit. Did anyone else think to screenshot the post?

It was also very weird, and unfair, how she thought the guy would get violent with her when all he did was keep his back turned to her and answer her questions with terse answers. Not exactly someone seems to want to escalate the situation. 

She mentions he kept his back to her so many times I think she was really offended that he didn't shower all his attention on her scintillating Catholic presence.

After marathon all the discarded/unclaimed running gear along the route is donated to non profits, here is AZ a lot of it goes to Goodwill. About a week after the race I go to certain Goodwill to buy it, last year I made it in time and selection was great. So I am picking through it and putting in my cart out of my eye I saw a couple kids start taking it out and running away with it, so after two times I followed them and there was a mother with another 6 kids looking through the kids clothing so I approached her and told what was happening and requested the clothing back. She gave me a look that could kill and explained that by my dress I did not need to shop there and she deserved the clothing more than me. I decided at the point that there was no reason to explain to her that teaching her kids to stealing things out of other people carts was wrong.  So I just picked up the stolen items and went to the check out, about this time the manager came up to me and asked about the situation because she complained to her explained the situation, she just shook her head and walked away.

Regarding the Hooter plate-I have one in my house my grand daughter loves Owls and she found one and had to have it, she eats off it when she comes over. Count one time used and she explained to him that it was hers, she took it and walked into the kitchen and washed and put it away. He never did that again when she is around. She will rule the world.

1 hour ago, formergothardite said:

I would love to hear this story from the view of the guy buying the puzzle. 

I was thinking this, too! I think one of my wishes is for one of these ridiculous interactions with Jill or Abigail to be with someone on FJ. Then the FJ member can post their own blog to compare with the drama queen blog post! :dance:

Ha ha! We had this puzzle 20 years ago. I've put it together and I am not Catholic, nor have I seen the cathedral in person. I had recently read The Hunchback of Note Dame though (the closest I got to the Disney movie that came out about that time). Be jealous Abigail!

15 hours ago, Grimalkin said:

Yeah, I was just listening to a podcast about being kinder and one of the things mentioned was when most people encounter a person begging, if they are not going to give money, they avoid eye contact. Not because they don't care but because they do care. They are uncomfortable. I know it's true for me. This man didn't look at her because he was uncomfortable.

Or perhaps he was trying to get away from the children "dancing around the cart". Very often, other people's children (opc) are annoying as shit.

3 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

She mentions he kept his back to her so many times I think she was really offended that he didn't shower all his attention on her scintillating Catholic presence.

Yes, she wants attention. Attention for having kids, attention for being poor, attention for being a lawyer, attention for being pro-life, attention for being a woman, attention for having a religion, and on and on. It's exhausting. You know how when you're a kid, your mom tells you you're special? Abigail REALLY took that to heart. :my_confused:

35 minutes ago, Artemesia said:

Or perhaps he was trying to get away from the children "dancing around the cart". Very often, other people's children (opc) are annoying as shit.

THIS. I dislike crowds of people and kids take up psychic space way out of proportion with their physical selves.

It's funny that you mentioned physical space. I am always very conscious of the amount of space my kids take up - they're six and eight. When we have to make an emergency grocery run, and they don't get left behind (the way they normally do), they are required to stay either behind me, or with one next to me and one next to the cart. They are also required to immediately get into single file with the cart if there is someone coming towards us, or if someone needs to pass us. I am amazed at how many people do not teach their children the basics of sharing physical space, like grocery store aisles, with groups of other people.

Then again, Abigail is 40 years old, and she hasn't quite learned about the fact that some people will own things that you will want, and that does not mean you are entitled to them.

Maybe, if we're lucky, Abigail will post something about how she has prayed about the puzzle and how God has had a chat with her to explain that it doesn't matter about the really cool 3d puzzle of Notre Dame, the really important thing is that she prayed for the guy. Even though he made her mad. Not, you know, that perhaps Abigail ought to sit down and have a long meditation on her entitlement issues. God never talks to her about those.

I also don't think people would find families with lots of kids annoying, at least in my area, except the parents enter the store and all 5 or 8 offspring immediately explode outwards going in different directions.

( if anyone has noticed, I almost always edit my posts. That's because I use a speech to text program that occasionally makes me sound like I have had a stroke, or am in the midst of one, and I have to go in and clean up the wrong words.)

Maybe I spent wayyyy too much time with our local AmishFolk, and with the IHM nuns where I took my first degree: but a Great BIG honking refrigerator is an absolute invitation to see just how much of perishable goodies you can stuff inside, to share with others in need.  (Sorry, Grammar Nazis: think a few phrases got murdered back there---just follow the tune, if not the lyrics.) 

YMMV, but every food bank (not to mention shelters for homeless folk, and/or domestic violence survivors) in my area is begging for fresh veggies/fruit (which can live nicely in a Big Refrig). Big Appliances are an open invitation to PLEASE do something to help out....

For the sake of the Dear Eternal (pick your label, if fussy): can we all agree that peeps need healthy nourishing food, and that kids/adults need lots of mind-stretching stuff (like books), and sharing extra resources is a lovely, kindly, Deity-honoring thingie-to-do?

Ah, so much envy, greed and pride in that Catholic woman.

Luckily there's Harry Potter and Hooters to distract her from these minor flaws.

Very late to the party, but I wanted to add this:

I OWN A PAPER MODEL OF NOTRE DAME. And I have been there several times (and I know it was the real because it was en Paris!). And I'm not Catholic. At all.

How unfair is that?

Nothing like framing her bizarre jealousy as righteous indignation and projecting her own wrath onto an innocent man who dared to find a cool puzzle at Goodwill before a blizzard.

5 hours ago, Paperplate said:

Very late to the party, but I wanted to add this:

I OWN A PAPER MODEL OF NOTRE DAME. And I have been there several times (and I know it was the real because it was en Paris!). And I'm not Catholic. At all.

How unfair is that?

OMG!  Me too.  My parents lived in Paris for a year and so I went a lot.  And you know what???  They let non-Catholics in!  To Notre Dame!!  And I have a feeling they don't care if non-Catholics put together 3D puzzles of the building either.

So, I'm picturing a modern day Mary out shopping with Jesus and the rest of the crew (sibs or cousins depending on your reading of the NT) when she sees a puzzle she thinks young Jesus would like in someone else's cart.  What do you think she'd do?

This is what kills me, if Abigail is such an ardent Catholic and is so sure that everyone on earth should also be an orthodox Catholic, she should have been thrilled that this dude was getting the puzzle. If he truly was an evil heathen sinner, maybe the power of the Notre Dame puzzle would've converted him! Maybe he would've sat there during the blizzard, helping his wife put the puzzle together, and the beauty of it would have inspired him, and he and his wife would have started to have a conversation about faith, and about how maybe they should try going to church, and  - etc. 

23 hours ago, Leftitinmysnood said:

Ha ha! We had this puzzle 20 years ago. I've put it together and I am not Catholic, nor have I seen the cathedral in person. I had recently read The Hunchback of Note Dame though (the closest I got to the Disney movie that came out about that time). Be jealous Abigail!

I am certain the puzzle had a lot to do with the way you are and had a massive positive impact on your life weather you recognize it or not.

13 hours ago, bea said:

It's funny that you mentioned physical space. I am always very conscious of the amount of space my kids take up - they're six and eight. When we have to make an emergency grocery run, and they don't get left behind (the way they normally do), they are required to stay either behind me, or with one next to me and one next to the cart. They are also required to immediately get into single file with the cart if there is someone coming towards us, or if someone needs to pass us. I am amazed at how many people do not teach their children the basics of sharing physical space, like grocery store aisles, with groups of other people.

Then again, Abigail is 40 years old, and she hasn't quite learned about the fact that some people will own things that you will want, and that does not mean you are entitled to them.

Maybe, if we're lucky, Abigail will post something about how she has prayed about the puzzle and how God has had a chat with her to explain that it doesn't matter about the really cool 3d puzzle of Notre Dame, the really important thing is that she prayed for the guy. Even though he made her mad. Not, you know, that perhaps Abigail ought to sit down and have a long meditation on her entitlement issues. God never talks to her about those.

I also don't think people would find families with lots of kids annoying, at least in my area, except the parents enter the store and all 5 or 8 offspring immediately explode outwards going in different directions.

( if anyone has noticed, I almost always edit my posts. That's because I use a speech to text program that occasionally makes me sound like I have had a stroke, or am in the midst of one, and I have to go in and clean up the wrong words.)

I do the same, and my mom did that too.I was just thinking about this yesterday because I took my mom shopping. She has Alzheimer's and kept blocking the aisle I caught myself wanting to snap at her not block off people. I ended up just taking control of the cart if it was parked in the way. It was a strange role reversal.

She said she'd pay double for the puzzle but I wonder how high she'd go? It's a fucking puzzle and who's to say there weren't pieces missing. It's too bad she didn't find a box of condoms because clearly she doesn't need any more children.

I have been busy and I haven't checked here too much. I just read the latest Abigail drama. The cache is still up. She is crazy. I wonder if she would be envious of my Catholic mom who has that Norte Dame puzzle. My mom got into collecting 3D puzzles back in the 90s and the first one she bought was the White House. My Catholic mom also has the St. Peter's Basilica 3d puzzle, be envious  Abigail.

28 minutes ago, lilwriter85 said:

My Catholic mom also has the St. Peter's Basilica 3d puzzle, be envious  Abigail.

Ah, but is she Catholic enough to really appreciate it?

2 hours ago, docmom said:

Ah, but is she Catholic enough to really appreciate it?

Yeah, Abigail would hate my mom. My mom is pro-gay rights and pro-choice. Very bad liberal "Catholic, my mom is.

Hey guess what Abigail, I've been to Notre Dame (the one in Paris!) -- and I'm an atheist! My husband and kids were with me, and they're atheists, too.

We even went (gasp) inside! Are you going to come to my house and delete all of my pictures? Because I took a bunch. It's a beautiful building.

On January 27, 2016 at 7:00 PM, ViolaSebastian said:

I have nothing of worth to add (other than the patron saint smiley of FJ, the :pb_confused:), but "Deserves a 3D Puzzle of Notre Dame" or "Liberating a 3D Puzzle" desperately need to be a post ranking.

I'm trying to decide how to word a new post count title, because this absolutely warrants one. I'll post here tomorrow when I get a chance to do it.

When I figure out how this custom title purchase thingy goes I want mine to be "Going to hell for Hooters & Harry"

'So Catholic deserve Notre Dame de Paris jigsaw puzzles.'

'Protected by female citizens at Goodwill.'

'Sweetly not escalating interactions with tense-shouldered men.'

it's bedtime 

Archived