IGNORED

In which Abigail the Martyr harasses a man at Goodwill

singsingsing

OMG, I can't believe she took it down! HAHAHAHA! There had been a second comment from someone agreeing with me, I'm guessing there a ton of negative comments she didn't allow to be seen. This is just hilarious!

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She's deleted controversial posts before, I'm guessing usually when the scorn starts flowing in to her comment inbox. I'm kind of surprised she did it so fast this time, I thought she'd at least let her husband have a go at defending her honour, but nope.

7 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Surprise, surprise - the post has now disappeared! I wish I'd thought to take a screen grab, but - it's gone. It's been replaced by a blog post about her involvement in a clean water conference, which seems like a very worthy endeavour.

The post is a bit weird - it really looks like she copied and pasted a news article that someone else wrote. But when I paste the text into google, nothing comes up. So I can't figure out if she lifted the article from somewhere else, or if she composed it herself and is writing about herself in the third person.

I did! I snatched that batshit crazy post the second I read it! 

Abigail could be an example of "When Keeping It Real Goes Wrong".  If she had been arrested and acted like that in jail she'd just get the shit knocked out of her.

32 minutes ago, Terrie said:

She manages to make me ashamed that my grandmother was Catholic. But, mainly, I'm embarrassed for my grandmother, who I suspect was a saint, and I'm agnostic. Ms "Mommy Mary" doesn't deserve to exist in the same world as my grandmother.

Same here, she also makes me ashamed that my grandparents were Catholic.

Is this the same Abigail Benjamin who's an environmental activist?  Apparently, she been working on the contaminated water in West Virginia, and that is definitely worth fighting about.

Please don't be ashamed of Catholics on her behalf, the vast majority of Catholics are nothing like her.

So glad I saw it before she deleted it, but at least it's screen capped!

Abigail is probably my favorite fundy (tend to lurk nowadays but will definitely come out of the woodwork for her), but this is extreme even for her IMO. It reads like pure satire.

I'm going to have to go over it to make sure I got it all in the right order. I need to pick up my daughter and run a few errands first.

How did she know the man was t, himself, a devout Catholic?

He never made eye contact nor spoke angrily. Why do his squared shoulders indicate rising aggression?

What really caused two unidentified  women to "close ranks protectively" around Abigail?

I'd enjoy hearing the episode from the man's POV. Something along these lines, I'm guessing:

"The wife and I are taking in a half dozen kids for the duration of the storm whose folks won't likely get home til midnight. We agreed that puzzles and popular children's lit would be good for amusing them, and an armful of t shirts for layering on if the furnace blows, or if they get messy. We're having a wings and the Hooters plate is going to be funny to serve on. .  So I'm checking out at Bllls  register  and he and I had just visited at yesterday's Knights of Columbus meeting. Anyhow, this woman starts shouting at me to give up the one 3-D puzzle because she's Catholic  I'm so embarrassed, I try not to make eye contact but I see Sister Mary Felicia and her friend trying to get between me and the crazy woman,  who was acting like she was going to grab the damn puzzle out my cart.  No wonder people who don't know many of us  think we Catholics are weird. Hope that nutcase never goes to Mass when I do!"

Is this the same Abigail Benjamin who's an environmental activist?  Apparently, she been working on the contaminated water in West Virginia, and that is definitely worth fighting about.

Goodness, no. This Abigail homeschools her children badly, is obsessed with puzzles at Goodwill and plays at poverty. She's too wrapped up in her own relationship with God and Mary and the Saints to think about silly things like other people having clean drinking water.

Yes, 'environmental activist' is her newest label/hobby. Prior to this she was a lay Carmelite (I think she still is, but she went from totally obsessive to barely mentioning it), an aspiring cellist, owner of a start-up advertising company, missionary to the Girl Scouts, taking fencing lessons... per her website, she's also 'an artist'. 

One of the best things about Abigail is that she does actually appear to care about the community she lives in. She just gets totally swamped by her self-absorption and self-pity, and it's really a shame. She's not a dumb woman, and she does have a heart, but she's got so many issues that she won't or can't address.

My most jarring memory of Abigail is when she miscarried Leo and the epic amount of posts about laying him to rest and choosing his headstone and on and on and on. She bought a tv because she was supposed to need it to watch while breast-feeding Leo. Then she miscarried him and now what was she supposed to do with the tv? No one understands but her and her priest. I can't imagine the amount of head-shaking her priest does after their conversations. 

1 hour ago, singsingsing said:

Please don't be ashamed of Catholics on her behalf, the vast majority of Catholics are nothing like her.

Yes, the majority of us practice our religion in a way that is much less Puzzle-based

4 minutes ago, Georgiana said:

Yes, the majority of us practice our religion in a way that is much less Puzzle-based

Well that must just be because you haven't been to Paris and seen that church! ;) 

I have nothing of worth to add (other than the patron saint smiley of FJ, the :pb_confused:), but "Deserves a 3D Puzzle of Notre Dame" or "Liberating a 3D Puzzle" desperately need to be a post ranking.

5 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

I have nothing of worth to add (other than the patron saint smiley of FJ, the :pb_confused:), but "Deserves a 3D Puzzle of Notre Dame" or "Liberating a 3D Puzzle" desperately need to be a post ranking.

"Picking fights for puzzles"?

How old is she? Sounds like something a middle schooler might come up with for a creative writing assignment. The page was down, so thanks Grimalkin. Her 11 year old son must have been mortified.

2 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

How old is she? Sounds like something a middle schooler might come up with for a creative writing assignment. The page was down, so thanks Grimalkin. Her 11 year old son must have been mortified.

She's like this all the time, so her kids must be used to it. I believe she's 40.

I personally like 'Jesus Gives Blogging Advice' but I'm biased because I came up with it.

Or maybe 'Jesus Made Me Do It'

Okay, I'm done now.

Archived