IGNORED

In which Abigail the Martyr harasses a man at Goodwill

singsingsing

"I'll pay double for a Notre Dame puzzle" or "I've been to Paris, I deserve it"

I was going to mention that it is unusual for her to go a whole blog post without mentioning that she is a lawyer, but now I see she did slip it in. Good for you, Abigail. Good. For. You.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

'I'll pay double for that puzzle."

Tell me about that poverty thing again, Abigail.

Here's a clue. If you want to get something off your chest, your supposed to write it out, come back the next day and then delete it. You don't write it out, press send, and THEN delete after get your ass (rightly) handed to you. It doesn't disappear like you think it will and you'll still look like an idiot.

2 hours ago, singsingsing said:

Please don't be ashamed of Catholics on her behalf, the vast majority of Catholics are nothing like her.

I'm not so much ashamed of them as for them. 

https://www.yahoo.com/news/happened-one-best-friends-blogged-170000294.html

i just ran across this article on yahoo, the gist being this woman had a childhood friend who she found out had been talking massive shit about her on the friend's blog. Before religion was even mentioned I thought "bet this hateful blogger is fundie now". And by the end "excessively religious" was heavily implied. Interesting how "hateful, shit-talking blog filled with superiority and poor writing" immediately makes me think "must be blogging for Jesus"

Google often caches websites for a couple days. She may have deleted it, but it's still there:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:YsnGpMjJR4IJ:www.abigailbenjamin.net/abigailsblog/2016/1/25/how-i-almost-went-to-jail-over-a-puzzle+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=safari

Remember fundies, THE INTERNET IS FOREVER!

And FJ is watching.

:my_biggrin:

It looks like the screenshots are a mess. Sorry about that! My husband was talking to me while I was franticly scrolling and taking screenshots. I had a very strong urge to do it as fast as I could, and it seems I'm lucky I did because she took it off moments after I was done. It's almost as if the Holy Spirit himself layed it upon my heart.

Now that I think about it she has some nerve to judge that man's marriage. The first thing I do when filled with self righteous fury is discuss it with my husband. If I told that story to my husband he would tell me I was an asshole, and rightly so. He would probably be upset if my kids were there to witness it. And if I told him about the man almost assaulting me he might suggest I go to a therapist. Not because he has authority over me but because it would be true. I would do the same to him and I have. My husband is really involved in our community (and I'm not at the moment) and it's a smallish town. In fact when I was scrolling and snapping away he was discussing some things with me and I was telling him not to react to something. That's what we do we discuss things. And quite frankly my marriage is going through a rough patch. So either she doesn't talk to him about things, or he doesn't listen to her, or he just has completely given up. Like "whatever, I'm so done with this crap"

1 hour ago, singsingsing said:

She's like this all the time, so her kids must be used to it. I believe she's 40.

I think so, too.  Her Facebook page says she graduated high school in 1993, which happens to be the year I graduated.  I turned 41 back in September.  So unless she skipped a grade (or more), or was held back, she should be 40-41.

And here's the cached version of another post she for some reason deleted a few days ago, about homeschooling on a snow day:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:http://www.abigailbenjamin.net/abigailsblog/2016/1/23/emergency-homeschooling-during-a-blizzard

In this post we're treated to Abigail's educational method of choice:

I find teaching to be pretty easy. Find a subject that is innately interesting to your kids. Then use your own brain to make their questions mildly academic. Finally, let your kids surprise you to see how far they can take science, math, and social studies with 5 minutes of you typing in their questions into Wikipedia."

6 minutes ago, Grimalkin said:

It looks like the screenshots are a mess. Sorry about that! My husband was talking to me while I was franticly scrolling and taking screenshots. I had a very strong urge to do it as fast as I could, and it seems I'm lucky I did because she took it off moments after I was done. It's almost as if the Holy Spirit himself layed it upon my heart.

Now that I think about it she has some nerve to judge that man's marriage. The first thing I do when filled with self righteous fury is discuss it with my husband. If I told that story to my husband he would tell me I was an asshole, and rightly so. He would probably be upset if my kids were there to witness it. And if I told him about the man almost assaulting me he might suggest I go to a therapist. Not because he has authority over me but because it would be true. I would do the same to him and I have. My husband is really involved in our community (and I'm not at the moment) and it's a smallish town. In fact when I was scrolling and snapping away he was discussing some things with me and I was telling him not to react to something. That's what we do we discuss things. And quite frankly my marriage is going through a rough patch. So either she doesn't talk to him about things, or he doesn't listen to her, or he just has completely given up. Like "whatever, I'm so done with this crap"

Oh, Abigail's husband is a complete enabler, and just as deluded as she is. I wouldn't be surprised if he encouraged her to write that post.

I'll make sure I pray the rosary for Abigail's surely beaten-down-by-the-crazy husband.

22 minutes ago, Eternalbluepearl said:

I'll make sure I pray the rosary for Abigail's surely beaten-down-by-the-crazy husband.

I will pray for St. Monica's intercession. She is most known for being the mother of Augustine, and revered for persistence in prayer, but she also was in an unhappy and by some acounts abusive marriage and often a patron saint for people who suffer in their marriage.

I think Abigail's husband is almost as bad as she is. He told Abigail to refuse money from her parents because it hurt his fee-fees for people to think that he couldn't provide for his family (even though he couldn't). Plus he keeps getting her pregnant despite her miscarriage drama and the fact that they can't afford more children. He aids and abets her WAY too much.

...showing your kid Wild Kratts an education does not make. As much as I love those brothers, that's what I did for, you know, fun, not school as a kid. I can be both but I came home from school to watch such shows, such shows didn't constitute a lesson at school. 

Also, I'm not sure giving your child that hates to write shorter writing assignments than is appropriate is really helping. Maybe...one paragraph at a time or something? 

I got the feeling the women gathered around her to protect the man from the crazy lady.

He was probably not all that mad at her, but tired and pissed at the fact that  used T shirts were costing as much as T Shirts in the clearance rack at KMart.

What is it with wacko fundies and thrift stores? First we have Jill, whose practically perfect in every way offspring were SEVERELY chastised for thinking candles were candies or some such, by a mean old cashier WHO SMOKED. And now we've got Abigail who almost went to jail after she caused a man to go into a rage because he wouldn't give her his puzzle, not to mention a BLIND cashier who was BLIND... Maybe they all need to start shopping by mail because clearly god is sending them a message to stay home.

Come to think of it, don't Abigail and Jill both live in West Virginia? Can you imagine if the two of them got together? It would be the Martyrdom Olympics. 

3 minutes ago, BlackberryGirl said:

I got the feeling the women gathered around her to protect the man from the crazy lady.

He was probably not all that mad at her, but tired and pissed at the fact that  used T shirts were costing as much as T Shirts in the clearance rack at KMart.

Or he was tired of standing in line with this yahoo woman and her litter of unruly kids. Then this harpy starts haranguing him about him not being worthy of a puzzle and he really isn't feeling her nonsense 

1 hour ago, Eternalbluepearl said:

I'll do a puzzle for both their souls (and minds).

Wtf?????  Both those posts are unreal.  It's blowing my mind to think a real human being wrote these.  It's already 11:30pm and I've spent several late nights recently discovering the scary scary worlds of Erika Shrupe and the Nauglers, so I'm going to exercise restraint and not dive down this rabbit hole.  But I doubt I'll be able to stay away.  

I doubt the man was angry, probably just very uncomfortable.  And I'm sure the "female citizens" were just taking pity on the man and trying to distract Abigail.  And why is she calling people "female citizens"?

Oh he was really calm. I would have slipped a few pieces out and then sold it to her. As  I was driving away in the parking lot I would have waved bye to her, pieces in hand.

14 minutes ago, AbandonAllHope said:

I doubt the man was angry, probably just very uncomfortable.  And I'm sure the "female citizens" were just taking pity on the man and trying to distract Abigail.  And why is she calling people "female citizens"?

Yeah, I was just listening to a podcast about being kinder and one of the things mentioned was when most people encounter a person begging, if they are not going to give money, they avoid eye contact. Not because they don't care but because they do care. They are uncomfortable. I know it's true for me. This man didn't look at her because he was uncomfortable.

What do you want to bet that she was doing her "praying for him" out loud, to annoy him, or was loudly discussing to her children how much he didn't deserve that puzzle.  That is the only reason I can see for "his shoulders getting tighter and tighter", or whatever.  It says a ton that those other women gathered around her to distract her.  They were doing it to rescue the man from a lunatic, and to maybe shield those kids from their mother for even a short time.

If psycho bitch had tried that shit with me I would have gone Cuban nuclear on her complete with flying chanclas. 

5 hours ago, sparkles said:

Come to think of it, don't Abigail and Jill both live in West Virginia? Can you imagine if the two of them got together? It would be the Martyrdom Olympics. 

Can you see the sponsor list?

Now I'm imagining a few possible events (and this is tongue in cheek: KNOW I'm so going to Heck):

• 400-meter cross dragging
  • Bowling for Pagans
  • High-speed arrow catching 

Archived