IGNORED

What is cuddly, fluffy and starts with an E? Sarah Maxwell Gets a Dog

albanuadh_1

10 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

The Maxwells had a dog?! :pb_eek:

Yes, a beautiful Golden Retriever. Steve had to pray about it, ask Teri's father about it (no word about whether he asked Teri, of course), be led by the Lord about it, but he finally got the kids a dog.

Steve doesn't appear to be an animal lover himself, but at least he let the kids get a dog.

Here's the Dad's Corner;

http://articles.titus2.com/a-man-and-his-dawg/

ETA:  I take it back, Steve DID ask Teri's advice on getting a dog according to that Dad's corner..  Still not sure he asked her opinion on getting his vasectomy reversed, but at least we know she had a say in the dog.

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don’t know about you, but I struggle greatly with selfishness. It is so easy for me to focus on my needs and myself. As long as my needs are being met, I can be very satisfied with how things are going at home.

Woof, maybe the truest thing Steve Maxwell has ever written. 

Oh what a cutie.  We have two Goldens (my avatar is our blonde Golden) and they are the best dogs.

I'll have to look up the difference between regular goldens and English Cream, but yes, glad Sarah has a friend.

Awww...okay, now that's an adorable puppy. I'm very happy for Sarah. :my_smile:

I'm not really a dog person, I'm a cat lady, but I do enjoy other people's dogs, and I love goldens. My daughter has one, coincidentally also named Ellie!

The dog is adorable. I love Golden's. I'm really happy for Sarah & I have to admit a little jealous I always wanted a Golden Retriever. 

I think it's wonderful that she got a dog! They are such good companions and Ellie will certainly bring a bit of joy and :pearlclutching: fun in her otherwise dull life.

Although I can't help but wonder if Steve only allowed a dog because they needed a substitute for the children Sarah might never get to have.

9 minutes ago, gustava said:

In lieu of a courtship.

That was my thought. She needs someone of her own in her life and this is about all she's getting.

Glad she is though - hope her puppy brings her a lot of joy. 

Just now, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Am I the only one not happy about another living creature being under Steve's controlling thumb?

I think of all the creatures under Stevehovas reign, the dog will have the best life. Unless Stevehova beats her, which I really hope he won't do. Otherwise, dogs usually don't mind a strict schedule and they have to be submissive to their people (if a dog thinks he's the boss, you have a problem) anyway. They will probably feed him properly and they like to go on long walks, so I don't think the dog will have a bad life at all.

3 minutes ago, Sundaymorning said:

I think of all the creatures under Stevehovas reign, the dog will have the best life. Unless Stevehova beats her, which I really hope he won't do. Otherwise, dogs usually don't mind a strict schedule and they have to be submissive to their people (if a dog thinks he's the boss, you have a problem) anyway. They will probably feed him properly and they like to go on long walks, so I don't think the dog will have a bad life at all.

I hope so - my concern wasn't neglect it was physical discipline...and I certainly hope that's would never be the case.  In other respects yeah - she won't be lonely because Lord knows no one ever leaves for work and yay walks.

I'm still stuck on this:

So you might wonder the background as in: “Why did Sarah decide to get a dog?”

:doh:what the fuck? 

1 minute ago, iweartanktops6 said:

I'm still stuck on this:

:doh:what the fuck? 

She didn't actually answer the question, either. 

16 minutes ago, gustava said:

In lieu of a courtship.

It seems odd for Sarah to have a personal pet, in a house where everything else is communal.  It is hard to see it as anything but a substitute for the marriage and kids that will never happen.

I feel really sad about this post.  It seems like confirmation that Sarah is staying single. 

1 minute ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I hope so - my concern wasn't neglect it was physical discipline...and I certainly hope that's would never be the case.  In other respects yeah - she won't be lonely because Lord knows no one ever leaves for work and yay walks.

I'm pretty sure the Maxwell daughters and grand-daughters will shower her with love and affection. It's not like Sarah and her sisters have any friends or *gasp* boyfriends they could hang out with, so the dog will be their main hobby.

1 minute ago, anjulibai said:

She didn't actually answer the question, either. 

But it doesn't make sense!! She can't write!! It really bothers me!! I'm having a bad day and Sarah Maxwell can't write! :angry-banghead:

Just now, iweartanktops6 said:

But it doesn't make sense!! She can't write!! It really bothers me!! I'm having a bad day and Sarah Maxwell can't write! :angry-banghead:

*pats head*

Just now, blessalessi said:

It seems odd for Sarah to have a personal pet, in a house where everything else is communal.  It is hard to see it as anything but a substitute for the marriage and kids that will never happen.

I feel really sad about this post.  It seems like confirmation that Sarah is staying single. 

On the other hand, maybe it's her strategy:  "Mom and Dad Dad and Mom, I know we just got back from a 20-mile hike up a 14er, done so early in the day that we didn't see another soul along the way, but, um, Ellie seems to need another walk, so we're just going to go out for a stroll" (thinks to self: downtown, to that coffee shop where that really cute barista works, and then maybe to the doggy park where all manner of young middle-aged men will be there with their dogs)

That is such an adorable puppy. I'm happy for the daughters that they finally have something that will bring some life into their otherwise dreary existence.

Just now, church_of_dog said:

On the other hand, maybe it's her strategy:  "Mom and Dad Dad and Mom, I know we just got back from a 20-mile hike up a 14er, done so early in the day that we didn't see another soul along the way, but, um, Ellie seems to need another walk, so we're just going to go out for a stroll" (thinks to self: downtown, to that coffee shop where that really cute barista works, and then maybe to the doggy park where all manner of young middle-aged men will be there with their dogs)

Ever the optimist, COD. :) 

1 minute ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Ever the optimist, COD. :) 

Dogs make all things possible.  That's Verse 1 in the Book of Dog :my_biggrin:

4 minutes ago, church_of_dog said:

Dogs make all things possible.  That's Verse 1 in the Book of Dog :my_biggrin:

Dog spelled backward is God. 

Archived