IGNORED

Political Cartoonage

SpoonfulOSugar

Thanks to the mods for starting this forum!  I like politics in small doses, but I also like them contained.

I've been thinking for some time we need a thread for political cartooning.  I'm not fussy about party - anything that makes a point, I believe it's fair game.

I'll start off with this one:

174376_600.jpg

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This 1916 political cartoon appeared as the nation debated new restrictions on immigration. (source: Library of Congress)

56a6e0b3b94c3_Immigrationcartoon1916.jpg

The leading Republican candidate is advocating a religious test.  I feel like jumping into this cartoon, announcing to the class ...   "Stand Back, I'm going to try SCIENCE"

56a6e10a3c2df_creationismtextbooks.jpg.f

I give up, I can't edit out the duplicate image (below)...I blame Trump.

Immigration cartoon 1916.jpg

@ALM7  Both so appropriate!

I had an image that wouldn't die a couple months ago.  I tried everything - cleared my cache, rebooted, deleted and re-deleted.  I finally had to beg Curious to use her magical powers - I couldn't beat the glitch.

Don't know how many people remember the famous Bloom County - but Berke Breathed is sharing his wizardry on FB these days.  I love that he can comment almost in real time name.

(And boy, does he.)

12592331_1120000384697380_28060704708563

On 1/24/2016 at 7:04 AM, SpoonfulOSugar said:

Thanks to the mods for starting this forum!  I like politics in small doses, but I also like them contained.

Funny! I like them politics contained, too.

But I also like talking about them, so, hurray! Politics forum!

Political cartoons are a great way to express views (meaningful, ironic, humorous, etc) of politics in a funny way. And some people post the funnest such. I've seen some comics & posts that are right on point. I thought the readers of Free Jinger would like these.

d0d25a3c36a276d433078c4a4885e791.jpg

12694850_10153907993689805_7112151627730

PS - Please share other political cartoons and funny posts you find on this tread. Everybody could use a laugh. Especially this political cycle! 

I just saw another thread like this one. Can the mods please combine.  

• 3 weeks later...

Archived