IGNORED

Christina Maxwell video.

Justme

No idea.

Love how Christina just walks off when Nathan asks if there's anything else she wants to share. 

This Young Presenters thing is all kinds of WTF. Christina is a spitfire but stop pimping out your kids to sell...whatever is you're trying to sell. Got it, Maxwells? 

These are the kinds of videos you share on a private blog or Facebook for family to see. But considering all Maxwell family is right there all the time it's totally unnecessary.

The fact that they've given these videos a title, Young Presenters Series, leads me to think there's much more to it than just showing off their cute kids.  Who gives their videos of cute kids titles like that?

I'm wondering if they're going to try to develop and sell some kind of homeschool curriculum. 

I think it's similar to the debate thing that Chris Jeub is super into with his kids. In fact it's his main job. He travels around the child debate circuit having his kids give speeches and he is also a judge. Cynthia Jeub has mentioned that debate was really the only education the Jeub kids were given in the past. I think it feeds Chris's ego to have his kids give speeches and possibly win awards while other kids are in some boring school earning some boring piece of paper that says they received an education. I guess the younger generation of Maxwells are joining in. Maybe they want the littlest kids ready to present at conferences. A Maxwell can never be too young to present their "life verse" to a crowd and pass around the offering plate. 

It's definitely a public speaking/debate thing. The Shupes do it, or at least have had it scheduled in the past.

I've never seen kids who participated in anything like this. I know some kids who do Bible Bowl - a quiz competition - but the Maxwell kids would never be allowed to do that, would they?

If they are trying to teach them formal presentation, they could, even for this young age, do things to make it a little more structured.

When I taught Sunday school it was, of course, common to give the kids a memory verse.  I noticed the kids were much more excited to stand up and say their verse and they tried to be very sophisticated in their own little first-grade way.  I had a man at church make a tiny  wooden lectern at which they could stand.  The kids LOVED it. I let them say their Bible verse and then would ask them "Is there anything you'd like to tell us about your week?" They really enjoyed having a "grown-up" place to stand as they shared the littlest details of their week.  Something about that lectern seemed to give them confidence. They stood still a little better, they had a place to rest their hands, they felt grown-up and they tried to mimic the adults they'd seen giving presentations.   

I'm sure many of the Maxwell men folk have the talent to make something like this for them. I think the kids would love it. 

5 hours ago, Justme said:

She is adorable. But what are they trying to sell????

They are trying to sell the fiction that all Maxwell offspring are growing up completely normal, fully socialized, and able to hold their own and present themselves favorably out in the big wide world. All credit, of course, to the patented SteveandTeri Maxwell system of sheltering, homeschooling, and rigid scheduling, all administered in a fetid atmosphere of religious scrupulosity coupled with untreated depression. 

The first-generation male Maxwell offspring are marrying, thereby morphing into "extended family," while their adult female siblings seem destined to live out their lives as dutifully smiling, "servant's heart" SAHDs. Thus, we have arrived at the marketing and monetizing of the next generation of cutely lisping young'uns. In Maxhell, it's really all about sales

Well, we see that the Maxwells are making sure that the kids grow up around cameras!  :pb_lol:

2 hours ago, Elegant Mess said:

Well, we see that the Maxwells are making sure that the kids grow up around cameras!  :pb_lol:

This is EXACTLY what I think this is all about. At the moment, Tina isn't able to do much proselytizing on her own recognizance, but she can be cute and winsome for the camera. The long-term goal is surely to have the girls pimping Maxwank at the conferences or online. For now, I think they are just trying to get them used to being filmed, and refine the "product" through these little blog sessions.

The cutesy, plinking piano music track they picked for the background sends the message that this is supposed to be "adorable" and not taken seriously for content. 

Typical Steve response to someone's comment:

A post explaining what Young Presenters is would be helpful.

See A, B, and Cs’ post from November.

Which of course was this post http://blog.titus2.com/2015/11/16/a-surprise-from-abigail-bethany-and-christina-maxwell/

Which also had people asking for more explanation about what exactly it was about, since while the kids talk about doing presentations on Friday nights, the where/why/etc. was lacking then too.

Two things going on here:

1. Everyone who's interested has already bought their organisation-stuff and heard them speak, so they are trying to come up with the next shtick. 

2. The Maxies dont do anything if they can't put a title to it or pretend it is for a greater cause, so children and parents can't just have fun making homevideos without creating a box for it. 

The video is cute, but in an irritating way, like when people try to make you look at their holiday photos.  It is just a home movie that obviously is of much more value to them than anyone else.  There is no sense of "presentation" and it is ridiculous to call it that. It is just a little girl talking to her dad about her drawing.

It doesn't warm me towards Maxhell, it just makes me wonder how bleak Sarah's childhood must have been, for her to think that chattering with dad on a Friday night is a special new thing.

Whatever it is they are selling, I am not buying it.

Everything in their life must have one purpose ----> to praise God and get them into heaven.  The intensity to which they focus on this goal is so acute that there is no place for FUN and barely enough time to enjoy things like eating, friendship, hobbies, or learning.  We know that this can't just be a conversation with Grandpa because if it is posted on their blog then it must either be a source of financial support or a way to show how their lifestyle is superior or both.  I believe that the adorable ABC girls are purposefully used to drive traffic to their blog, so while this may not be a sales pitch per se, you can be sure it was not posted thoughtlessly. No doubt they hope that people watching the video will be so charmed that they will want to know more about how to raise children the Maxwell Way.

Archived