IGNORED

Jill Duggar Dillard Part 11

Boogalou

First point Why would Jill prevent pregnancy when she has faith and it is God's will for her to have eleventh children? #fundielogic

Concerning the church photo, What is it with these people? Do they photograph every "good" thing that they do? I bet the conversation went like this,

Person 1: Wow that guy over there looks like really sad.

Person 2: I wonder why

Person1 : He looks hungry

Person 1: I have an idea

Person 2:  We get him food?

Person 1: No way, he needs to know what God won't give him food because he serves the wrong God. Go stand in the corner and document my interaction with him via photo.

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Pupalup said:

I just can't get over how careless these two are. When someone is in such a vurnerable position the last thing they need is for some strangers to try to convert them and post a picture of them online! As someone whose been suicidal I know that when you are in that state of mind, anything that would normally just be annoying or a minor inconvenience can really upset you, make you feel hopeless, or set you over the edge. I remember literally bawling because I dropped food when I was in a bad place mentally, I can't imagine how upset I'd feel if someone had exploited my situation to show what great Christians they are and posted a picture of me on Instagram informing the entire world of my deeply personal struggles.

This also. At my lowest I may have taken them telling me what was going to happen to me after death was a reason enough to be dead. They have no idea what kind of emotions they are dealing with and how deep they can do. Anything can be that little push that puts you just "over the edge". They are not trained for this encounter in any way. Just disgusting. They are just so full of shit.

I have to note that Pickles did block out the man's face, caring more about his privacy than the original poster.

In addition to what everyone else has already said, I can't get over how JesusChrist is smooshed into one word without a space? Is there a reason for that that I'm missing?

7 hours ago, OyToTheVey said:

This doesn't just happen in churches either. My cousin just recently went thru a divorce and decided that she's going to be religious. So now I get crap from her how I'm not kosher, don't keep shabbat, and that I need to go to temple. I have nothing against it but I highly enjoy cheeseburgers and doing whatever the eff I want on Friday nights. Just my point of view. Life is too short to follow rules.

Oh, I agree.  Whenever people get over-religious they can be obnoxious.  My parents used to get pressure from my uncle and his wife who were very religious Catholics because we rarely went to mass and (at age 5) I wasn't learning any prayers.

The Protestant fundies don't have a monopoly. The thing is that in some regions, the pressure to be part of one religion or other is pretty intense even from strangers.  

12 hours ago, Pupalup said:

I just can't get over how careless these two are. When someone is in such a vurnerable position the last thing they need is for some strangers to try to convert them and post a picture of them online! As someone whose been suicidal I know that when you are in that state of mind, anything that would normally just be annoying or a minor inconvenience can really upset you, make you feel hopeless, or set you over the edge. I remember literally bawling because I dropped food when I was in a bad place mentally, I can't imagine how upset I'd feel if someone had exploited my situation to show what great Christians they are and posted a picture of me on Instagram informing the entire world of my deeply personal struggles.

I am hoping the poor man does not know his picture was taken and is posted on the Internet. But if he finds out, I hope he knows that in the U S you can sue. ;)

I do think they may have given him hope by inviting him to their mission where he may have been helped.  I don't think all the SOS missionaries are totally useless.

But the whole idea of these kids wandering inta Catholic Church to look for converts is offensive.

A question: if Jill were to fall pregnant in Central America, contract Zika virus from whatever source, and (heaven forbid) have a child with microcephaly or other serious birth defect, would she truly look after this child and accept it as her own? Would she genuinely give up her extended praycation in Central America to care for a disabled child? Would the Duggars consider such a child a sign that Jill has displeased God?

I really don't know what the Duggars would be likely to do. I honestly hope I don't find out.

36 minutes ago, Cactus said:

A question: if Jill were to fall pregnant in Central America, contract Zika virus from whatever source, and (heaven forbid) have a child with microcephaly or other serious birth defect, would she truly look after this child and accept it as her own? Would she genuinely give up her extended praycation in Central America to care for a disabled child? Would the Duggars consider such a child a sign that Jill has displeased God?

I really don't know what the Duggars would be likely to do. I honestly hope I don't find out.

I would like to seem them out of Central America for the sake of any possible future child of theirs, but also so that Jill-the-midwife can't pass on her terrible ideas on BC.With the Zika virus, it's bad enough that the Catholic Church is there; any added discouragement to BC is horrifying.

7 hours ago, Cactus said:

Since she can't really hide microcephaly, I could see her turning it into some holier than thou "I didn't abort him." statement. I mused about this before if Izzy  had some sort of ailment related to his long and dangerous labor and determined if she could "hide" it, she wouldn't' say anything, but many others thought she'd do this.  And in this case, I agree. 

The Duggars have been pushing their luck, having all these kids. No Autism, CP microcephaly, brain damage, etc;

They are going to get hit btw. the eyes one of these days, especially if they continue dangerous birthing practices.

On January 22, 2016 at 0:08 PM, HarleyQuinn said:

Another article today questioning the Duhlard's parenting approach

http://www.designntrend.com/articles/68737/20160121/19-kids-counting-jill-duggar-slammed-child-abuse-again-accusations.htm

Yes, kids get bumps and bruises, but It's good people ask questions. This is a family that has shown time and time again to be questionable when it comes to children's safety. 

I don't personally agree with fundie blanket training. There's a contraption that keeps kids safe in one place while they play called a PLAYPEN - and you don't have to beat the toddlers in order to implement it. Just sayin...

I think that at this point with the Zika virus situation, Jill and Derick need to make some tough decisions about whether they want to devote themselves to producing a mega-family or devote themselves to being missionaries. Up till now they've been able to get by trying to do both by being half-assed "missionaries" while focusing the vast majority of their time and energy on their own family, but that isn't going to work anymore if they have to decide between having a healthy family and staying where they are.

If they want to continue to work in Central America at this time, the responsible thing to do is to prevent pregnancy for the time being. If Jill isn't comfortable with the pill, that's fine - they can use a barrier method or combine a barrier with NFP. It's not fair to bring a child into the world when there's such a high risk of subjecting them to severe birth defects, and unlike many women living in the developing world, Jill has access to pregnancy prevention if she wants it. The Dillards can barely manage to get any work done with a single healthy toddler between the two of them; I can't even imagine how they would handle caring for a disabled second child, let alone contributing anything to the community at the same time. If they really want to be missionaries, their mission work needs to come first for awhile.

If they aren't willing to put their work first, they need to just admit it and go back to the United States.

i'm hoping jfer's in general don't agree with blanket training! Even the duggars are loathe to admit they do it, even they know it's considered bad by the outside world.

I'm thinking that most of their "converting" encounters on their missions are like this:

Fundie approaches person on the street (or in a church): starts spewing about knowing JesusChrist, is loud, in their faces and very bold/loud stereotypical american attitude

Person: nods, smiles.  thinking in spanish: wow, they are rude, they must be americans. How do I get them to go away? are they trying to speak spanish? just keep nodding and smiling, so I can get on with my life!

Fundie: returns to base camp, bragging about another convert they can tally.

Basically, I think they are just too thick to realize that 1)they are being rude and tacky and 2) the locals are probably a lot more subtle in their interactions with strangers. They may agree just to be polite, or get them to leave, but have no interest in these people's version of jebus.   In my experience people trying to convert you think in black and white: either they are told to fuck off, in a loud rude and obvious way= failure to convert, or any other reaction = success.

I hope all that makes sense- i'm preggo and off the real coffee

15 minutes ago, Mercer said:

I think that at this point with the Zika virus situation, Jill and Derick need to make some tough decisions about whether they want to devote themselves to producing a mega-family or devote themselves to being missionaries. Up till now they've been able to get by trying to do both by being half-assed "missionaries" while focusing the vast majority of their time and energy on their own family, but that isn't going to work anymore if they have to decide between having a healthy family and staying where they are.

If they want to continue to work in Central America at this time, the responsible thing to do is to prevent pregnancy for the time being. If Jill isn't comfortable with the pill, that's fine - they can use a barrier method or combine a barrier with NFP. It's not fair to bring a child into the world when there's such a high risk of subjecting them to severe birth defects, and unlike many women living in the developing world, Jill has access to pregnancy prevention if she wants it. The Dillards can barely manage to get any work done with a single healthy toddler between the two of them; I can't even imagine how they would handle caring for a disabled second child, let alone contributing anything to the community at the same time. If they really want to be missionaries, their mission work needs to come first for awhile.

If they aren't willing to put their work first, they need to just admit it and go back to the United States.

Well said.  And spoken like a sane, normal person who can analyze risk/consequence/reward.  Much unlike the Dillards.  They believe much too strongly in magical thinking.  They *know* that if they just follow their rules, to the letter, and do everything just as "god tells them" they will be safe. These kids were raised to believe that if they pray for something, and follow their strict rules, they will be rewarded with what they pray for.  Even things as trivial and material as a pink blanket. I'm sure they feel like they are protected from the virus by God, nothing bad could possibly happen to them or their future offspring, as long as they "do what god has put on their heart".  After all, it's worked so wonderfully for her parents!  I'm sure the dullards would never fear something as "beneath them" as a virus laden mosquito bite. If Jill has bothered to hear anything at all about the Zika virus that is.  

13 hours ago, Cactus said:

I'm sure that 'for the safety of the child and to have access to good health care' that they would send the kid to be looked after but Auntie Jana in the US.   

Problem solved. 

Then go back, get pregnant, rinse and repeat. 

23 hours ago, Hera said:

Ha!  We have that here in New Orleans, too.  The evangelicals send folks in each year to yell at people who are hanging out in the French Quarter for Mardi Gras. They literally stand around amongst us "heathens" drinking and partying and enjoying life and chant and yell and hold up big signs about how we're all going to burn in hell.  I always wonder if they have ever actually converted anyone.  The only time I ever saw anyone bother to acknowledge one of them it was to challenge him on the "drinkers go to hell" schtick with Jesus turning water into wine.  I'd say it was an entertaining conversation, but I got cold and bored and went to get more wine.  

I want to ask them why they aren't in church on a sunday but feel the need to yell at us 

14 hours ago, sawasdee said:

I would like to seem them out of Central America for the sake of any possible future child of theirs, but also so that Jill-the-midwife can't pass on her terrible ideas on BC.With the Zika virus, it's bad enough that the Catholic Church is there; any added discouragement to BC is horrifying.

At least the Catholic Church approves of Natural Family Planning/the rhythm method.  The Duggars don't, because it would mean denying the man sex when he was horny.

1 hour ago, ksgranola1 said:

Won't good ol' bug spray prevent getting bitten?

It reduces the likelihood, but the mosquitos sometimes bite anyway.

The best solution (besides waiting for a vaccine) is to tackle the mosquito population.  Yellow Fever (carried by the same mosquito) used to kill people right and left until insecticides (DDT, back then) sharply reduced the mosquito population.

The other thing that could be done is to isolate cases so mosquitos can't bite and spread the disease. 

By the way, this isn't just something that is happening "somewhere else."  We will have the disease in the warmer areas of the US this summer, unless we are very lucky.  Texas is getting ready (I know for a fact because a relative is an MD in Texas.) and people in Florida and Lousiana (where yellow fever was once a scourge and dengue is not unknown) are definitely worried.

Jill could come back and find Zika is making its way to Arkansas.

I hope we can tackle the mosquito population effectively.

15 hours ago, Cactus said:

I also never want to find out, but my guess is they would treat the child like her parents treat Josie. We'll pray real hard and pretend to get her the help she needs. Not that I think Josie really has any delays or whatnot, but from what I saw of how they treated their 25 weeker after she came home from the NICU... it was NOTHING like I treated my 29 weekers. And 29 weeks is a completely different ball game (like they spent no time on a ventilator and only 9 weeks in NICU with no complications). We did isolation from October to April their first two years to keep them safe from RSV/flu season. The Duggars didn't seem to do anything to protect Josie. Side note, if you want to know the perfect way to make someone who is borderline postpartum depression tip right into PPD, it's isolation for months on end with two refluxy infants.

Are there any examples of fundies who have had a child with a severe disability? I don't mean the serial adopters who "rescue" child after child with severe issues and basically neglect and collect them, but someone who had a child with an issue. I wonder what the standard reaction is.

38 minutes ago, twinmama said:

I also never want to find out, but my guess is they would treat the child like her parents treat Josie. We'll pray real hard and pretend to get her the help she needs. Not that I think Josie really has any delays or whatnot, but from what I saw of how they treated their 25 weeker after she came home from the NICU... it was NOTHING like I treated my 29 weekers. And 29 weeks is a completely different ball game (like they spent no time on a ventilator and only 9 weeks in NICU with no complications). We did isolation from October to April their first two years to keep them safe from RSV/flu season. The Duggars didn't seem to do anything to protect Josie. Side note, if you want to know the perfect way to make someone who is borderline postpartum depression tip right into PPD, it's isolation for months on end with two refluxy infants.

Are there any examples of fundies who have had a child with a severe disability? I don't mean the serial adopters who "rescue" child after child with severe issues and basically neglect and collect them, but someone who had a child with an issue. I wonder what the standard reaction is.

My daughter has had to be vigilant this year due to a small baby not as small a preemie but very close. She is very careful about who goes to their house, asks them if they have had their shots and if she takes her out it is only on a warm sunny day and she wears her (properly) so that others do not feel the need to touch etc. I feel for you having two to look after and dealing with PPD. PPD is no sunny day and reflux isn't either.

I have always wondered about the Duggars attitude. Even when Josie was first born, all those people in a NICU room. I am sorry but I do not believe anyone most likely washed their hands. I just do not see it happening in that family. Mechelle seemed to bring Josie home and hand her over as if she were a full term baby and went about her  business of getting pregnant again. I find is nauseating that she describes Josie's seizures as a "glitch". I also feel there are probably more issues with Josie than we will ever be told.  She isn't  a toy who has a battery malfunction. But, then I was enraged when they left Jana to deal with the seizure episode and JB tried to pull off some tears the next day about how lucky they were all was ok. Did either of you morons make an effort to get  your asses home? Not like you have a private plane or anything. My husband and I discussed what we would have done and decided it would have been find a way home, any way home and head that way asap.

Are most babies born with Rika virus born with microcephaly or anecephaly? Neither is a promising outcome. I am just curious. I have read there have been 2 reports in Florida this week. It is a very scary risk for young woman. I hope that all are aware and make rational decisions for both their babies and their health.

1 minute ago, Valerie3kids said:

My daughter has had to be vigilant this year due to a small baby not as small a preemie but very close. She is very careful about who goes to their house, asks them if they have had their shots and if she takes her out it is only on a warm sunny day and she wears her (properly) so that others do not feel the need to touch etc. I feel for you having two to look after and dealing with PPD. PPD is no sunny day and reflux isn't either.

I hope your daughter and her baby are well and continue to be well through the season! Hand washing is so so helpful and important. Agreed that I doubt the Duggars ever were vigilant about that. Josie is older than my boys so I wasn't a NICU mom yet when those episodes aired. I do remember a visit of all siblings there, though they were in a separate room. Our NICU allowed parents and 2 guests who had to be on an approved visitor list. And no one under 18 was allowed in the NICU, no exceptions for any reason, during cold/flu/RSV season. Our particular NICU had family rooms (tv, couch/bed, chairs) outside the actual NICU but inside the locked entrance if that makes sense, where if a baby was passing away all family members could gather.

My niece was in the NICU for quite a few weeks and she was only born 5 weeks early. We were able to go in and see her. But had to scrub like crazy before they let us in. We obviously didn't touch her or anything. My other niece was 2.5 at the time and she was NOT allowed in at all. I don't think anyone under 18 was allowed in the NICU. 

• Boogalou locked this topic

Archived