IGNORED

Jill Duggar Dillard Part 11

Boogalou

7 minutes ago, jcanglin991 said:

My last rheumatologist told me the same. I asked her when I was supposed to fit that in around being my bedridden mother's caregiver and the fact that the rare times any of my siblings gave me a break was after they did all the things they absolutely had to do, you know, like going out to eat and trips out of town each every week for one of them. The other simply refused to help.   It's hard to muster up energy for exercise at nine p.m. when you've been up all day and most of the night. I hate to say this because I miss her so much but it was a blessing for both of us when Mama died because she hated being confined to the bed with a catheter and on  a feeding tube. Plus she had the cognitive problems that go along with advanced parkinsons in the elderly, so it wasn't a good life. This was a woman who was an RN till she was 75 and having to be dependent on someone else  for everything was really upsetting. Writing this upsetting too so I'll sign off.

Hugs to you. That is a terrible situation for all. I have taken care of my parents and it is a very tough road but those memories I would not trade for anything. Not much help either from the siblings for me. Plus, I was the only one with children at the time.

I am sure you did a very good job and made your mother's last days as comfortable as possible. That is something that shows your inner strength as not all can do it. Or will do it. So be kind to yourself and do not battle the grief. I always looked at it as it meant I was lucky enough to have parents to care about me and that I cared about. Hugs.

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Valerie3kids said:

Hugs to you. That is a terrible situation for all. I have taken care of my parents and it is a very tough road but those memories I would not trade for anything. Not much help either from the siblings for me. Plus, I was the only one with children at the time.

I am sure you did a very good job and made your mother's last days as comfortable as possible. That is something that shows your inner strength as not all can do it. Or will do it. So be kind to yourself and do not battle the grief. I always looked at it as it meant I was lucky enough to have parents to care about me and that I cared about. Hugs.

Thank you for your response. I had great parents. We always knew they would be there for us and I was happy to be  able to take care of both of them. Mama was the enforcer and Daddy was the goofball but they were supersmart and took great care of us.  Daddy was in bad shape while Mama was bedridden so he couldn't help. Once she died he went further downhill and I took care of him too. They deserved everything I could do for them.

29 minutes ago, jcanglin991 said:

Thank you for your response. I had great parents. We always knew they would be there for us and I was happy to be  able to take care of both of them. Mama was the enforcer and Daddy was the goofball but they were supersmart and took great care of us.  Daddy was in bad shape while Mama was bedridden so he couldn't help. Once she died he went further downhill and I took care of him too. They deserved everything I could do for them.

Your situation sounds so similar to mine it is scary. My dad just never got over the loss of my mother. Period. He died two years later. I have never witnessed anyone mourn the way he did but it firmly cleared up any ideas I may have ever had about the way they felt about each other. He loved her with all of his heart. I promised her I would take care of him and I did. The hardest things I ever did but also the best things I have ever done. Looking back I would not have changed a thing except to still have them with me.

Hugs!

• Boogalou locked this topic

Archived