IGNORED

Jill Duggar Dillard Part 11

Boogalou

lnavarro93@kristaann_vt dear, my intention has never post things to show how great we are and how much we give... This is my personal account where I only share what matters to me. If I gave him something or helped in some way I won't post it here. But thanks for being worry about him. There's many people in need I'm sure you'll find someone to help ☺️❤️

this seems quite the passive aggressive response 

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As far as I can see she is posting about how great she is for bringing JEBUS to this guy.  The only reason she won't post about giving him something or helping him is because she didn't.

Catholic Charities gives real things to real people, and is no respecter of persons so would assist fundies too if they asked. What about Catholic hospitals? I bet fundies go to those too. I am not Catholic, but they got this part right, as helping others in practical ways is a part of following Jesus. Kind of a big part.

Oh, and at least Catholic universities are respected and not considered second rate as many fundie colleges are (many, not all).

That is pretty darn smug, evangelizing in a Catholic church. So arrogant. So unnecesary. That man's privacy should not have been violated while he was in church or by photographing him. Gag

17 minutes ago, SilverBeach said:

Catholic Charities gives real things to real people, and is no respecter of persons so would assist fundies too if they asked. What about Catholic hospitals? I bet fundies go to those too. I am not Catholic, but they got this part right, as helping others in practical ways is a part of following Jesus. Kind of a big part.

Oh, and at least Catholic universities are respected and not considered second rate as many fundie colleges are (many, not all).

That is pretty darn smug, evangelizing in a Catholic church. So arrogant. So unnecesary. That man's privacy should not have been violated while he was in church or by photographing him. Gag

Totally agree. We have given through Catholic Relief Services for two causes overseas recently because I knew of their reputation, not because they were Catholic.

The bigger issue is the man's privacy. What a travesty. 

If I was praying in church and depressed, I don't think anyone talking about Jesus would cause me to convert. I'm in church, so presumably I already know about God and Jesus. Two strangers with (probably) broken Spanish are not going to wow me with their amazing take on Jesus. Maybe I just wanted someone to talk to, or maybe they were interrupting my conversation with God.

Yes, posting a picture of anyone without their permission ( except forD list celebrities) is a violation of their privacy.

There is no clever title, because the Dillards are boring. We're not getting anything good to snark on.

Maybe if they hadn't interrupted the man while he was praying, he would have found some solace...oh, that's right, Jesus and the Holy Spirit weren't in the church until these fools brought Them in. (Oh, wait, isn't God supposed to be everywhere? Or is it everywhere except Catholic churches?)

So the married-for-a-year Dillards are going to bring their vast knowledge of strengthening marriage to the no-nothing natives because that subject is neglected in the entire Latino world. And non-midwife, non-Spanish-speaking Jill is going to debunk all the stupid old-wives tales the stupid natives (who never have safely or successfully birthed children) believe. And Derrick who has no theological training and two weeks of Spanish classes is bringing the proper understanding of the Gospels to random Catholics he meets on the beach. And now they actually brag about going INSIDE a Catholic Church to redirect the thinking/spiritual life of a man who is at prayer.

Every time I think these people can't get more arrogant and disgusting they prove me wrong.

13 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

There is no clever title, because the Dillards are boring. We're not getting anything good to snark on.

well how about these 

-estamos aqui like por que ustedes believe in wrong dio 

-tu creer en wrong dio like tu sabes 

- Catholics are muy evil like 

- midwifery is like great thing 

- I cry a lot of tears 

- missionary during a holiday 

2 hours ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

Totally agree. We have given through Catholic Relief Services for two causes overseas recently because I knew of their reputation, not because they were Catholic.

The bigger issue is the man's privacy. What a travesty. 

I have been in the black hole this man in is. Considering suicide, overwhelmed and just tired of it all. I have no idea how I would have reacted to being approached in the solitude of a church, where I thought I could have peace for a moment and then they begin to preach to me. On top of that someone snaps a picture and posts it on the web. I do not think I would have reacted well and I do not think they would have improved my situation unless offering tangible help which they were not. They did not offer this man a way to get medical attention for his son, or food for his table or a lead to a job. They just preached to him about what would happen if he dies. So how is that helping a suicidal person? Maybe I am just too close to the situation to see the good they did. I think approaching people in churches besides your own is disgusting. Beyond disgusting. What will they do if a priest approaches and ask them if he can speak with his own parishioner? Argue with him?

Watching paint dry

Dull and Duller

Jill Dullard adventures in S/A

Saving the saved

Getting freaka with the Zika

It is a TTC  world after all

Clinging to Derrek with all she has

Setting back S/A USA relations one conversation at a time

Doing SFA

Jill the Thrill

the CDC's warning for travelers to the countries in which the Zika virus has been detected also mentions precautions for women who are TRYING to get pregnant.

So unless Jill is actively controlling pregnancy through abstinence or unGodly man-made birth control, I hope she's meeting with healthcare providers regularly as per CDC instructions.

http://www.cdc.gov/zika/pregnancy/question-answers.html

2 minutes ago, sophie10130 said:

the CDC's warning for travelers to the countries in which the Zika virus has been detected also mentions precautions for women who are TRYING to get pregnant.

So unless Jill is actively controlling pregnancy through abstinence or unGodly man-made birth control, I hope she's meeting with healthcare providers regularly as per CDC instructions.

http://www.cdc.gov/zika/pregnancy/question-answers.html

But the healthcare workers in Central America probably are just witch doctors who believe a bunch of old wives tales and aren't nearly as educated in modern medical techniques as Jill. Plus the Dullards have their pamphlets to protect them.

28 minutes ago, Valerie3kids said:

I have been in the black hole this man in is. Considering suicide, overwhelmed and just tired of it all. I have no idea how I would have reacted to being approached in the solitude of a church, where I thought I could have peace for a moment and then they begin to preach to me. On top of that someone snaps a picture and posts it on the web. I do not think I would have reacted well and I do not think they would have improved my situation unless offering tangible help which they were not. They did not offer this man a way to get medical attention for his son, or food for his table or a lead to a job. They just preached to him about what would happen if he dies. So how is that helping a suicidal person? Maybe I am just too close to the situation to see the good they did. I think approaching people in churches besides your own is disgusting. Beyond disgusting. What will they do if a priest approaches and ask them if he can speak with his own parishioner? Argue with him?

No. you're not too close. A lot of us have been there (hope you have found a way out and please PM me if you ever need to just vent--no Jesus talk, I promise!) And although of course people go to church by themselves to offer thanks, or just to check in or out of habit or routine, it's a pretty safe bet that an adult man praying in a church during what is "normally" a work day is experiencing some kind of crisis. These people can smell it.
If anything, it helped the man to have a human to talk to at that moment (and that's IF, because they chose an incredibly bad moment and bad place). Any port in a storm. They have no training in helping suicidal people and don't think they need any because 1) it's all about the proper religion and they just needed to point out to this man that he was in the wrong church, or, and more likely 2) they don't give a rat's ass about this man. Aside from everything else obnoxious that they did, they came in with a camera. It's about them showing the world (and their "financial partners") how godly they are.
As to if a priest, or a nun or a lay practitioner, walked in, no doubt they would have argued, probably arguing theology with the priest. Think of the kudos if they brought a Catholic priest to Jesus!

7 hours ago, QuiverDance said:

It is extremely presumptuous and insulting, but it's not anything new or surprising.  I am Roman Catholic, and I feel as though I can say this: Roman Catholics invented this ish, after all.  There wouldn't BE a Catholic Church in "Central America" but for Catholics swooping in and converting everyone and their dog during the colonial era.  Turnabout and all that.  

On the Catholics are not Christians schtick:

I grew up and lived in Southeast Louisiana until I was in my late 20's when I moved to Nashville.  SELA is predominantly Roman Catholic, and I had very little exposure to Protestant or non-denominational Christians until I moved here.  I found it absolutely shocking how intrusive and inquisitive people were about religion when I first moved to Nashville.  "Where do you go to Church?" was almost always one of the first questions a new acquaintance would ask me.  As I do not attend Church, I would simply answer, "I am Catholic."  Almost 100% of the time, the response was, "I am Christian."  As though there were a huge distinction.  I found it really strange and eye-opening!  WHO KNEW that most people don't think Catholics are "real" Christians!? I had no idea until living in a non-Catholic part of the country!

Isn't that an obnoxious question? I got that a lot when I lived in the south and "I don't" is, without fail, met with "well you should come join us this Sunday! I insist! I'll pick you up!" Ya, it's not that I don't know how to get to a church, it's that I don't want to because your churches are all filled to the brim with hypocrites, starting with the preachers. I ended up having to either be out of town or turn off my phone on Sunday's. I am amazed that people don't understand how crazy invasive and rude that is.

i get so frustrated with their "mission". I have seen many ,volunteered with some and been the recipient of some beautiful ministries and while they were all generous with their services - they usually never, ever shoved jesus down my throat. nor was it a part of my services when volunteering with the mission or with habitat for humanity to convert anyone. i was doing good works. period. now before a build, we would say a prayer as a group off to the side. anyone was welcome to join - or not. As a recipient, pamphlets were available and so was spiritual counseling if i so chose. but evangelizing wasn't the mission. it was always a service to the community first and foremost. i thought that was the point of ministry.  

okay.  i have vented.  apologies in advance for the poor grammar.

1 hour ago, Mrsaztx said:

Isn't that an obnoxious question? I got that a lot when I lived in the south and "I don't" is, without fail, met with "well you should come join us this Sunday! I insist! I'll pick you up!" Ya, it's not that I don't know how to get to a church, it's that I don't want to because your churches are all filled to the brim with hypocrites, starting with the preachers. I ended up having to either be out of town or turn off my phone on Sunday's. I am amazed that people don't understand how crazy invasive and rude that is.

I found this to be very true. I worked for one summer at OKstate ( an extension campus of Derrick's alumta) and every week I was asked something along these lines: if I believed in God, what church I attend, or would I like to attend their church. To an certain extent it was uncomfortable because those questions came from coworkers and superiors. I never once experience this level of nosiness until I move to the South. Also versuses having Mormons or 7th day adventes ( or door to door salesmen) we get a variety of different members of the Local Baptist churches going door to door to preach the  "good word" as well as papering the local businesses parking lot with flyers.

19 hours ago, Eatingintheprayercloset said:

Wow that girl Krista is a great example of Christ! This is my biggest peeve about the majority of Evangelical missionaries. Yes, the Gospel is important, but God isn't magic and isn't going to zap food to this man. They think the afterlife is important while neglecting physical life. 

Oh, they think their own physical life is important.  It is just they don't think much about the lives of others, just their "souls."

11 hours ago, Buzzard said:

I'm sorry, but approaching people who are IN A CHURCH and praying is not only bad form, but its really repugnant.  Didnt the Jillards deny that they were targeting catholics? This pretty much proves what we already know, that they are lying liars who lie. 

To be fair, the post is not from the Dillards but some other SOS fundies.  We can hope the Dillards won't actually go inside the church.

10 hours ago, QuiverDance said:

On the Catholics are not Christians schtick:

I grew up and lived in Southeast Louisiana until I was in my late 20's when I moved to Nashville.  SELA is predominantly Roman Catholic, and I had very little exposure to Protestant or non-denominational Christians until I moved here.  I found it absolutely shocking how intrusive and inquisitive people were about religion when I first moved to Nashville.  "Where do you go to Church?" was almost always one of the first questions a new acquaintance would ask me.  As I do not attend Church, I would simply answer, "I am Catholic."  Almost 100% of the time, the response was, "I am Christian."  As though there were a huge distinction.  I found it really strange and eye-opening!  WHO KNEW that most people don't think Catholics are "real" Christians!? I had no idea until living in a non-Catholic part of the country!

I had almost exactly the same experience, also in Nashville, after having lived in New Orleans before that.  And Nashville is a lot more "cosmopolitan" than a lot of other places in the Bible Belt, as I later found out. (My first year in Nashville I was in culture shock.)

In addition to "where do you go to church?" The invitations from near strangers to go to their church next Sunday were disconcerting.  And the people who would tell me that they would "pray for me," used to drive me nuts.  What do you say to something like that?  

I don't think that most people in the US fail to realize that Catholics are Christians.  It is only in the Bible Belt.  But it's annoying enough.

@EmCatlyn, a couple of years ago I met some new neighbors who were talking to another dear neighbor.  This couple had just moved into our neighborhood in South Carolina from Florida and admitted to us old-timers that they weren't religious at all!  Turns out that we were all heathens!  What a refreshing and unexpected thing in the South.

When I put the Instagram link it, it made it so the photo just showed up in our thread here. I can't edit my post now to make it just a link. Who should I PM so the photo doesn't show up here? 

4 hours ago, Chickenbutt said:

Now they think the Zika virus is causing a huge increase in the cases of Guillain-Barre Syndrome.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/22/world/americas/zika-virus-may-be-linked-to-surge-in-rare-syndrome-in-brazil.html?_r=0

Link for Guillain-Barre info

http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/gbs/detail_gbs.htm#3139_1

My cousin got this recently, but she's here in Aus.

4 hours ago, EmCatlyn said:

I had almost exactly the same experience, also in Nashville, after having lived in New Orleans before that.  And Nashville is a lot more "cosmopolitan" than a lot of other places in the Bible Belt, as I later found out. (My first year in Nashville I was in culture shock.)

In addition to "where do you go to church?" The invitations from near strangers to go to their church next Sunday were disconcerting.  And the people who would tell me that they would "pray for me," used to drive me nuts.  What do you say to something like that?  

I don't think that most people in the US fail to realize that Catholics are Christians.  It is only in the Bible Belt.  But it's annoying enough.

I have lived in Nashville for 3 years and have never been asked that.

I already said it here but I'll say it again: Jill, for me, is one of those sweet b*tches. Always being nice and kind and smiling on the outside but ultimately only caring for herself or the extensions of herself, always having an agenda and trying to look good for others and keeping a facade. With this comes an inherent arrogance and superiority and in Jill's case (because of the cult she's in)   a subtle, or not so subtle, racism.

After her braces came off she would have done well in high school and be at the top of the hacking order, I'm telling you.This "missionary trip" is now her high school experience except that she is in her mid 20's now.

And this is why I like Jessa more. Jessa can be mean, too, but she is not trying to hide it like Jill does. She is very direct with it which I like. At least then you know it is real! I would like to see Jill doing something negative that is direct and real. That would be a slight improvement at least.

• Boogalou locked this topic

Archived