IGNORED

Today's Dr. Phil - Prophet Woman Resurrecting Roadkill

Mela99

Today's Dr. Phil has a lady who claims to be a prophet for God, and parents are trying to get custody of her kids. 

Highlights include:

- Praying over roadkill to resurrect it

- Believing God wants her to marry a man named Jeff, and stalked over 5 of them

- Left an IT job, very well paid, to preach

Anybody else watch? I'll update more as the episode goes on. 

Apparently her grandfather was a cult leader... She approaches people on the street and claims God speaks to her and she has to pray with them.

She's healed people with leukemia. 

Her mother is delightfully sarcastic. "Well then go on down to the morgue and raise the dead, don't focus on frogs and chickens." 

A frog stared at her while she was in a hot tub so it definitely a friend of the squished frog that came back to life.

Not even a possibility that she's wrong or ill. 

Did get married ... to a Damien, and said she healed him. Of the sin of homosexuality. And he might be becoming a prophet too. 

Says that since her children are fed by the government it's no worry till she finds a job. Homeschools but really only biblical. 

Wrote to 29 churches in the area claiming a pastor was doing demonic works.

Has a YouTube channel.

2 minutes ago, cindyluvs24 said:

I thought you were studying for the bar....   :)

Yeeeah ... ? For July. I do have an existence outside of my textbooks. :) 

Never heard this word before but - Religiosity: usually entails extreme zeal outside of and beyond the norms of one's faith; can reflect one's individual beliefs more than those of the religious organization itself. See, fundies. 

Ooooh, i have it loaded up on DVR.  Tomorrow's guilty pleasure.  From previews, my impression is that Dr. Phil think she's crazy as a loon. 

17 minutes ago, Howl said:

Ooooh, i have it loaded up on DVR.  Tomorrow's guilty pleasure.  From previews, my impression is that Dr. Phil think she's crazy as a loon. 

He tore into her several times. It was beautiful..

And matched her tit for tat with scripture. She kept sputtering, "Well, I haven't read that yet! Nobody can understand the whole bible!" Someone oughta tell Stevie Maxwell that. 

This is one of those threads that I was just gonna scroll past but was like, "okay, I have to see wtf is going on" and scrolled back up, lol. I missed the episode, but will have to be on the lookout for a re-air.

I'd love to see that. We get good ole Dr Phil over here, but I have no idea how far behind the episodes are. Do they get put up on the net anywhere?

I wonder if Dr. Phil is on demand from my cable. I'd like to see that.

I didn't watch the episode so I can't judge whether she's faking or not, but I think people are being too hasty to jump on the "ebil fundie religious con artists" bandwagon. She could just be a paranoid schizophrenic. Delusions of grandeur and a sense of being "chosen" are classic symptoms. It has a strong genetic component, which would explain her grandfather. 

For a minute I thought the Naked Roast Sitter had diversified her...um, "unique talents". Clearly, "Dr." Phil's guest must be her kindred spirit.

It  doesn't sound like a religious con artist to me, more likely to be a legitimate, genuine mental health problem.  

7 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

It  doesn't sound like a religious con artist to me, more likely to be a legitimate, genuine mental health problem.  

That was brought up a lot actually. He did manage to convince her to go for testing but she was adamant there was no possibility of her being sick.

I thought Dr. Phil was remarkably compassionate with her.  Paternal grandfather was a cult leader (200 followers) who believed (til the end) he was God/Jesus; alas,  things with the cult devolved into sex/money issues.   The paternal grandmother was seriously mentally ill.  So, two seriously mentally ill grandparents on her father's side -- elements of schizophrenia in one or both. 

Yes, it was fairly obvious this woman was having auditory hallucinations (and perhaps other hallucinations as well)  that she assumed were real as real could be.  

When Dr. Phil was trying to talk her into being evaluated, her husband was definitely on board.  I think he said, "There have been events....."  (subtext: she's done some things outside the bounds of sanity) 

This would be the husband that says his wife released from the sin of homosexuality and he's very grateful for that. 

Archived