IGNORED

Country Victorian

formerlegalist

I searched the archives here and didn't find much in the way of references to her other than her connections to "Lady Lydia". 

http://countryvictorian.blogspot.com/

I actually knew her over 20 years ago. About twelve years ago, I attempted intelligent conversation with her and she had no interest in it (or any capacity to do anything but spout the same nonsense she thinks comes from the Bible). Eventually all she had left was "I knew your mother and she would be so ashamed of you" and banned me from any further interaction.

For best results, turn her site into a drinking game. Take a drink every time she refers to being a "Titus Two" woman (and I guarantee the entire reading experience will become much more entertaining quickly).  Double shot if you come across any reference to "Modest Tea".  

Apparently her idea of Victorianism is far different from the historical reality. For example, http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2602779/The-Victorian-Joy-Sex-Prudish-Far-it.html

Oooh, this looks fun! Thank you for the link, I'll enjoy being annoyed by her, I haven't got far yet, but the very conscious 'cuteness' and 'tweeness' are already grating, but I do love a good rabbit hole to jump in!

I clicked on the link and was greeted by a picture of Ava Gardner. Who was married 3 times and had affairs with many famous men and busted up more than one marriage. Who probably never did housework in her life but did clobber Hugh Hefner in the head with an ashtray and never married or submitted to him. The author keeps using this word "biblical". I do not think it means what she thinks it means if Ava Gardner is her idea of a role model for it.

Archived