IGNORED

Radford Family

Apricot

9 hours ago, llucie said:

She is pregnant with 21, if the baby is born healthy it will be her 20 living child, surpasing the Duggars and Batesses.

I won’t lie, but it actually makes me kind of excited that someone other than the Duggars or Bates gets to claim that milestone. Sorry not sorry Michelle! :evil-laugh:

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 6
  • I Agree 1

On 5/30/2018 at 1:14 AM, The Wanderer said:

I won’t lie, but it actually makes me kind of excited that someone other than the Duggars or Bates gets to claim that milestone. Sorry not sorry Michelle! :evil-laugh:

I thought the same thing, Michelle and Kelly are probably jealous of Sue having more babies than them.

• Upvote 4

I've gotten a kick out of watching a few of their videos. They do seem fairly normal, at least.

Do you think that Kelly & Michelle would know about them? Would they (K & M, that is) research large families, or have one of the kids do the research for them?

Edited by LadyCrow1313
  • Upvote 2

I like these people. They are much more personable than fundies Lots of love I think. But her inability to stop having children when they seem to know they should is sad. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

• 5 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Sue is 44. It’s likely that this will be the last from a fertility point of view. She could possibly manage one more but it’s not certain.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 3

And If you don’t think she has left much of the actual childcare to her older children then I have a bridge to sell you ;)   They May say otherwise but come on.

• Upvote 5

I’m caught up on this thread. Their age at first pregnancy skeeves me out because when did they first have sex?? She got pregnant at 13, but he had been a friend of her brother’s from the age of 7. Yes, a 12 year old and a seven year old can be friends without anything being wrong, but knowing he knew her for six years before she became pregnant makes me wonder how much prior to 13 they were in a relationship - one that could NOT have been consensual on her part. I’m with @AmazonGrace on this one. There’s something wrong here, even if they appear healthy now. 

Edited by Giraffe
Correcting my grammar
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 4

14 minutes ago, Giraffe said:

I’m caught up on this thread. Their age at first pregnancy skeeves me out because when they first have sex?? She got pregnant at 13, but he had been a friend of her brother’s from the age of 7. Yes, a 12 year old and a seven year old can be friends without anything being wrong, but knowing he knew her for six years before she became pregnant makes me wonder how much prior to 13 they were in a relationship - one that could NOT have been consensual on her part. I’m with @AmazonGrace on this one. There’s something wrong here, even if they appear healthy now. 

Honestly that part is messed up! Everyone keeps looking over it like its nothing. Not sure what the age of consent is in the UK though. But still...

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 5

Echoing the disgust at a 17 year old taking advantage of a 13 year old like that.  13 year olds are just so young!!! I was probably just growing out of playing with Barbie at that age!

11 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

Sue is 44. It’s likely that this will be the last from a fertility point of view. She could possibly manage one more but it’s not certain.

Who freaking knows. She seems hyper fertile. Google says the oldest woman to naturally conceive was 56. Let’s hope Sue doesn’t come close to that record. 

All these pregnancies are going to catch up to her. Doesn’t Michelle have health issues now?

• Upvote 4

Michelle is a machine. She looks incredible. I have four and I look haggard and half dead. And I have all sorts of weird health niggles. And anxiety. Some women are just a little better at this than others !! 

• Upvote 1

I'm sorry to be cynical but I just don't believe two parents can functionaly parent 20 children. I just don't. More functional than Jim Bob and Michelle? Sure. I mean all you have to do is send your children to public school and encourage them to acquire a skill afterwards and that's it. I haven't even addressed patriarchy, homophobia, food insecurity, sister-moms, etc. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

15 minutes ago, bird said:

Michelle is a machine. She looks incredible. I have four and I look haggard and half dead. And I have all sorts of weird health niggles. And anxiety. Some women are just a little better at this than others !! 

(I was trying to be encouraging but this comes across as a bit depressing!)

Anxiety is not always seen externally.

We have no way of knowing what her/their mental health is like. All we know is what we can glean from what they show us. We also don’t know what their relationships are genuinely like with their older children. Again, all we can do is speculate and they still attempt to show a sparkly image of themselves. 

• Upvote 4
  • Love 2

1 minute ago, Giraffe said:

(I was trying to be encouraging but this comes across as a bit depressing!)

Anxiety is not always seen externally.

We have no way of knowing what her/their mental health is like. All we know is what we can glean from what they show us. We also don’t know what their relationships are genuinely like with their older children. Again, all we can do is speculate and they still attempt to show a sparkly image of themselves. 

True. But she does look fitter and healthier than I could- even with the desire to sparkle my life up and put on a show. I'd not swap with her though- for all the reasons you state.

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

59 minutes ago, bird said:

I take it you don't outsource the actual parenting to your older children? Because that is a huge part of it IMHO.  I very much doubt Michelle's the one getting up at 2am when someone's sick or had a nightmare or wet the bed. 

The age of consent in the UK is 16 (as stated upthread). As far as I can see it's an absolute  (so two 15 year olds having sex are technically both committing an offence - I would guess that that is not usually prosecuted here though.) A 19 year old having a child with a 14 year old should have been enough to get social services involved at the very least though.

• Upvote 8

8 hours ago, Ozlsn said:

I take it you don't outsource the actual parenting to your older children? Because that is a huge part of it IMHO.  I very much doubt Michelle's the one getting up at 2am when someone's sick or had a nightmare or wet the bed. 

The age of consent in the UK is 16 (as stated upthread). As far as I can see it's an absolute  (so two 15 year olds having sex are technically both committing an offence - I would guess that that is not usually prosecuted here though.) A 19 year old having a child with a 14 year old should have been enough to get social services involved at the very least though.

I do the parenting apart from the usual chores (just to get them ready for their own lives). 

I have only been in the UK 20 years so things may well have changed but I would assume social services would almost certainly been involved- even before the pregnancy as I think they were both in the system. I know from experience (fortunately my child was totally in the clear) that the police are involved even at photograph level. All parties are investigated. They do take all reported incidents seriously. I think lots of every day sexual contact between minors is just not reported therefore not investigated. 

I have also noticed in certain circles teen pregnancy is just not a big deal at all. It's almost expected. And everyone just gets on with it. That was quite a shock to me when I first arrived. I just assumed in a country like the UK the numbers would be lower. 

• Upvote 6

On 10/24/2019 at 8:08 AM, bird said:

I have only been in the UK 20 years so things may well have changed but I would assume social services would almost certainly been involved- even before the pregnancy as I think they were both in the system. I know from experience (fortunately my child was totally in the clear) that the police are involved even at photograph level. All parties are investigated. They do take all reported incidents seriously. I think lots of every day sexual contact between minors is just not reported therefore not investigated. 

I have also noticed in certain circles teen pregnancy is just not a big deal at all. It's almost expected. And everyone just gets on with it. That was quite a shock to me when I first arrived. I just assumed in a country like the UK the numbers would be lower. 

I think that reporting it or not depends on the situation but I hope that things like age differences are taken more seriously than when I was at school. 

Teenage pregnancy can be a weird one and I think it depends on the area and community you grow up in. In my appallingly snobbish hometown practically the only sex education we were given centred around not getting pregnant but I know that in some areas kids weren't even getting that message. Again, I hope things have improved now.

I honestly cannot imagine 22 kids in one place. Yes I know some of them are adults now but that's crazy. I remember watching a documentary about this family and one of the younger kids didn't seem so impressed with the huge number of siblings she had.

• Thank You 4

I remember watching the 17 Kids and Counting episode (that covered the loss of Alfie) which also had Chloe going off to university. There was a scene where Chloe was explaining to the next oldest daughter, Millie, about the chores she (Millie) would have to do once Chloe was gone. The boys weren’t mentioned, even though there are three boys between Chloe and Millie in the lineup (Chloe is the 3rd child and Millie is the 7th).

Also: they found out the baby’s gender this week and they’re telling the kids today I believe. 

• Upvote 3