Jump to content
  • Sky
  • Blueberry
  • Slate
  • Blackcurrant
  • Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Orange
  • Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
SPHASH

Remember the Maxwell "friends" the Corrals?

Recommended Posts

Waffle Time
mango_fandango

According to that photo endorsing Making Great Conversationalists, being shy is basically selfish.

Fucking asshats.

Edited by mango_fandango

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jana814
3 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

According to that photo endorsing Making Great Conversationalists, being shy is basically selfish.

Fucking asshats.

I don't understand why they think that being shy is wrong.  Many kids are, their is nothing wrong with that. Many kids come out of shyness but some don't.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Happy
PennySycamore
7 hours ago, Jana814 said:

I don't understand why they think that being shy is wrong.  Many kids are, their is nothing wrong with that. Many kids come out of shyness but some don't.  

Being shy is a personality trait, not a character flaw or a sin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
uber frau

Personality is a sin to these ppl. Children should have personality beaten out of them starting from birth and should be well programmed robots by the age of 5. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jana814
7 hours ago, uber frau said:

Personality is a sin to these ppl. Children should have personality beaten out of them starting from birth and should be well programmed robots by the age of 5. 

Fundie's want their kids to all be the same. They want them to love Jesus and make sure others do as well.  I honestly think that is the only thing they care about. 

Edited by Jana814

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Foudeb
19 hours ago, Jana814 said:

I don't understand why they think that being shy is wrong.  Many kids are, their is nothing wrong with that. Many kids come out of shyness but some don't.  

I understand how shyness can be a problem - you have to be able to approach and speak to new people if you want a successful career and even education. For the Maxhellions however, who get neither...  less so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Waffle Time
mango_fandango
4 hours ago, Foudeb said:

I understand how shyness can be a problem - you have to be able to approach and speak to new people if you want a successful career and even education. For the Maxhellions however, who get neither...  less so.

Yeah. There's the first example given in MGC about the shy five year old not talking to the old lady. I wouldn't be feeling embarrassed like the book suggests. The kid's only five FFS. The old lady wouldn't be judging me or my kid. The Maxwells sure have a warped sense of reality.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DaffyDill

My cousin's little girl is painfully shy. So shy that she only speaks to her mother and father and little brother, and a few other adults she is comfortable with, such as her grandparents. 

She socialises within a large group of the family, but just doesn't speak - only shakes her head or nods, and neither does she speak at Playgroup. My cousin and his wife are really quite worried as they think she may have Selective Mutism, an anxiety-based condition. Fortunately though, they are taking her to a child psychiatrist, to try and get her speaking more and try to solve the problem before she starts school.

I can't help thinking of her in a Maxwell setting, where she would receive no outside assistance at all probably. Then again, she'd never associate with anyone outside her family, so maybe it would happen, or be picked up on.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Foudeb

I wonder if this is just the Maxwells guilting people into buying their stuff. "What, your 5yo doesn't start conversations with passers-by? you fail at parenting. Fortunately we've got the cure - buy our stuff!"

Bullshit of course, but if it worked for the chore packs it could work with anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jana814
6 hours ago, DaffyDill said:

My cousin's little girl is painfully shy. So shy that she only speaks to her mother and father and little brother, and a few other adults she is comfortable with, such as her grandparents. 

She socialises within a large group of the family, but just doesn't speak - only shakes her head or nods, and neither does she speak at Playgroup. My cousin and his wife are really quite worried as they think she may have Selective Mutism, an anxiety-based condition. Fortunately though, they are taking her to a child psychiatrist, to try and get her speaking more and try to solve the problem before she starts school.

I can't help thinking of her in a Maxwell setting, where she would receive no outside assistance at all probably. Then again, she'd never associate with anyone outside her family, so maybe it would happen, or be picked up on.

 

Your cousin and his wife are doing that right thing!!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Casserole
On April 23, 2016 at 4:25 PM, Jana814 said:

I don't understand why they think that being shy is wrong.  Many kids are, their is nothing wrong with that. Many kids come out of shyness but some don't.  

 

Aside from the abuse and brainwashing and all that jazz, I absolutely could not survive in these families as an introvert. As a child it was SEVERE and I talked to no one except my mom for a while. As an adult, I've developed the ability to be social and outgoing for work and then retreat to my quiet house with my four legged, non-speaking, non-mentally draining, furry children to regain my mental sanity. 

 

If I was expected to be outgoing, social, and smiling 24/7 I'd end up institutionalized. Or in these cults, beaten to death. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
uber frau

Is that Mary in the bottom pic? Her skirt is sluttily short for a Maxwell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kpmom
3 hours ago, uber frau said:

Is that Mary in the bottom pic? Her skirt is sluttily short for a Maxwell.

My goodness, I think that's the most skin we've ever seen on any of the adult (well, adult in name at least) Maxwells!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Melissa1977

That horrible sitting room is at Maxwell's or Corral's house?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Eternalbluepearl
7 minutes ago, Melissa1977 said:

That horrible sitting room is at Maxwell's or Corral's house?

That is the Maxwell's house. Although they misspelled STEVE on the wall. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Unimpressed
CyborgKin

They seem to have made an idol of the huge metal JESUS lettering.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jana814
1 hour ago, CyborgKin said:

They seem to have made an idol of the huge metal JESUS lettering.

I think Jesus is the only one they can make an idol. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kitcae
On 4/25/2016 at 1:11 AM, DaffyDill said:

My cousin's little girl is painfully shy. So shy that she only speaks to her mother and father and little brother, and a few other adults she is comfortable with, such as her grandparents. 

She socialises within a large group of the family, but just doesn't speak - only shakes her head or nods, and neither does she speak at Playgroup. My cousin and his wife are really quite worried as they think she may have Selective Mutism, an anxiety-based condition. Fortunately though, they are taking her to a child psychiatrist, to try and get her speaking more and try to solve the problem before she starts school.

I can't help thinking of her in a Maxwell setting, where she would receive no outside assistance at all probably. Then again, she'd never associate with anyone outside her family, so maybe it would happen, or be picked up on.

 

Oops, I wrote a post and then realized you meant your cousin's daughter doesn't associate with anyone outside her family. I thought you meant the Maxwells don't associate with anyone outside their family (which they do). True though, if your cousin's daughter was in a Maxwell setting, she probably wouldn't get any outside assistance. 

Edited by Kitcae

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Howl

 

11 hours ago, uber frau said:

Is that Mary in the bottom pic? Her skirt is sluttily short for a Maxwell.

I know, right!  HER CALVES ARE SHOWING!  It's shocking.  And defrauding.....But, looks like it's just girls, so OK. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Unimpressed
CyborgKin
Quote

If your story involves difficulties and suffering–may I encourage you?

Weird punctuation, Steve.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SPHASH
4 hours ago, Eternalbluepearl said:

That is the Maxwell's house. Although they misspelled STEVE on the wall. 

You win thre interney today!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
uber frau
3 hours ago, Howl said:

 

I know, right!  HER CALVES ARE SHOWING!  It's shocking.  And defrauding.....But, looks like it's just girls, so OK. 

Except that they posted it on the Internet for everyone to see.

Mary's lower calves wouldn't warrent a passing thought from ne except that the Maxwells have made such a big deal abt keeping them covered so as to prevent them causing anyone to sin.

Does that mean the Maxwells are guilty of being a stumbling block?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Eternalbluepearl
8 hours ago, uber frau said:

Does that mean the Maxwells are guilty of being a stumbling block?

It must. I definitely heard the stumbling block alarm going off somewhere...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LaParisienne
On 08/05/2016 at 9:50 PM, NotALoserLikeYou said:

The little girl in the middle looks worried .. I don't know, I had a weird feeling about it last time I saw this photo. And the strange feeling is still here today. Am I the only one who feel this way ? I know this is only a photo, but still, my instinct tells me something is off .. Epecially when you know what her parents believe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×