IGNORED

March for life 2016

Toothfairy

2 hours ago, GeoBQn said:

We're getting ice storms in NC, so I am staying home.  I would be happy if it weren't for the fact that tech for the high school Shakespeare play I am directing got cancelled tomorrow and our show is next weekend.

Stay safe

Seriously  I hate the hats tho. Trying to find one where all them fell down in snow. Ugh. Still can't stand the igorance. But I love snarking on them. 

12622364_952864901487384_6845925616331633657_o.jpg

12553024_972027026209572_8220748336931654942_n.jpg

marchforlife44.jpg

12593461_551251001704790_6968776836678656575_o.png.jpg

12552724_177287762634124_2213221880200181099_n.jpg

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like, in the poorer communities where things like BC, breast and cervical cancer screening  and general gynaecological care are least likely to be covered by insurance for the residents? Like, where they're needed?

1 hour ago, Toothfairy said:

marchforlife44.jpg

I bet your kid will feel fan-fucking-tastic about themselves when they're older and find this picture.

1 hour ago, Toothfairy said:

12593461_551251001704790_6968776836678656575_o.png.jpg

They do realize that the process of birth and cutting the umbilical cord literally makes the difference between a fetus and an infant right? Oh wait, forgot who I was talking about for a minute.

This is what bothers me about a lot of the Pro-Life supporters, they don't support the baby once it is born. I read an article once, where a woman decided to have the baby, but she received no support when the baby came and was disappointed. There are so many children in foster care who need a good home. Maybe more Pro-Lifers should become foster parents and/or adopt these children who need a home. They need to put their money, time, etc where their mouth is. Actions speak louder than words. Maybe they should demand that insurance provide conceptions for free including implants. Look what happened in Colorado.

Over the past six years, Colorado has conducted one of the largest experiments with long-acting birth control. If teenagers and poor women were offered free intrauterine devices and implants that prevent pregnancy for years, state officials asked, would those women choose them?

They did in a big way, and the results were startling. The birthrate among teenagers across the state plunged by 40 percent from 2009 to 2013, while their rate of abortions fell by 42 percent, according to the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment. There was a similar decline in births for another group particularly vulnerable to unplanned pregnancies: unmarried women under 25 who have not finished high school.

In the long run this saves the government money and the number of abortions fall; it's a win-win. Instead of trying to stop all abortions, why not try to decrease the number of abortions by providing long-term birth control. It doesn't matter if abortions are illegal, women are going to try to end unwanted pregnancies.

36 minutes ago, accountingstar said:

This is what bothers me about a lot of the Pro-Life supporters, they don't support the baby once it is born. I read an article once, where a woman decided to have the baby, but she received no support when the baby came and was disappointed. There are so many children in foster care who need a good home. Maybe more Pro-Lifers should become foster parents and/or adopt these children who need a home. They need to put their money, time, etc where their mouth is. Actions speak louder than words. Maybe they should demand that insurance provide conceptions for free including implants. Look what happened in Colorado.

In the long run this saves the government money and the number of abortions fall; it's a win-win. Instead of trying to stop all abortions, why not try to decrease the number of abortions by providing long-term birth control. It doesn't matter if abortions are illegal, women are going to try to end unwanted pregnancies.

But many of the Pro-Lifers are also anti birth control....so they won't support something so eminently sensible.:my_sad:

So Carly was there in all her glory she said:

You can scream and throw condoms at me all day long,” Fiorina said, referring to Planned Parenthood supporters

Dumbass. You do get that condoms prevent pregnancy thus preventing the need for abortions.

How can you be prolife and not pro condom. You just HAVE to have complete control over other women and their reproduction.

Still a decent turnout... I guess though I wonder how much the kids in the  march really wanted to be there..

pro-choice-hanger-628x330.jpg

1 hour ago, FundiesInParis said:

I bet your kid will feel fan-fucking-tastic about themselves when they're older and find this picture.

I never get why people feel the need to tell their children about this.  Your child isn't there to assuage your guilt.  It makes me think of a Dear Prudence letter from a man who was dating his girlfriend for two months when she found out she was pregnant.  He tried to convince her to get an abortion, but she refused.  They ended up getting married and are happily together with two children.  However, he feels guilty that he once suggested aborting their now-9-year-old son.  He wanted to tell his son the truth about what happened.  Prudie told him to never tell his son under any circumstances.  If he feels the need to confess, that's what therapists are for.

If they're really anti-abortion, they should be rallying for every sexually active woman who doesn't want children (yet or ever) to use BC.  I realize that many who are against BC are using their own interpretations of the bible, and are also trying to force abstinence, but the fact remains:  If a woman isn't pregnant she isn't going to get an abortion.  And (IMO) if you're preventing women's access to BC, then you're indirectly causing abortions.  They should pull their heads out of...wherever...and figure that out.  By their own definition, deaths would be prevented.

2 hours ago, sawasdee said:

But many of the Pro-Lifers are also anti birth control....so they won't support something so eminently sensible.:my_sad:

Because, duh, that means women won't be punished face the natural consequences of their actions. [/sarcasm]

6 hours ago, accountingstar said:

Sorry, having trouble with snips.  You mean, like, "having daycare that covers the 3-11 shift, or the 11-7 shift, for marginalized workers who will take ANY job, if they can get the kids (whoops: bastards borne to whoresluts who need shaming) looked after?" Or "can we subsidize a car, insurance, and basic care for a worker or two, so they can actually get OFF to a job that's 30 miles away, and no public transit in sight?)

(Anybody who knows how to do strikeouts: please have at it. My computer is touchy.)

And, dearest Eternal (of your choosing, or not) help you, if the Kid In Question happens to end up with some INTERESTING medical issues. (Samaritan, I'm looking at you!)

I have a dream.  It involves having a BIG chunk of subsidized housing, right near a bus stop or Metro location. Anybody who doesn't have a GED ends up in some school classes, and some RealLifeFunctioning classes. There WILL be daycare available, 24/7 for working parents. (Folks who aren't in the employment market may end up co-opted to cover things.)  There will be one hell of a canteen/feeding station, open, say 0600-0005, to allow for solid, vitamin-loaded meals for everyone who is hungry---and on-the-job training for food service.

From my (admittedly limited) experience with SmallKids: It doesn't end with formula, diapers, and/or a car seat..

GRRRRRR. *trying not to chew up my keyboard, but it's tough*

10 hours ago, accountingstar said:

That's too much work for them. It's easier to make signs of miscarriages or babies who died shortly after birth then pretend it's an abortion and shame women for having sex. Fostering and adopting or actually caring requires real work. Thats too much for them. I also read that children already born like foster children should be thankful for life. They don't need people fighting for them because  they have a voice. The fetus doesn't. 

7 hours ago, smittykins said:

Because, duh, that means women won't be punished face the natural consequences of their actions. [/sarcasm]

Keep your legs closed. Don't have sex. If you have sex deal with the consequences. Remember  when birth control was only available  to married women. Can't have women enjoying sex now. 

Also if you read the child catchers. The prolife movement  being against birth control and being for adoption makes sense. They want more babies being born because they need babies born to make profit(sorry for anyone choosing or did infant adoption, not trying to offend) That's why these crises pregnancy  centers not only shame and try to prevent abortion but parenting as well. There are waiting list for couples trying to adopt a healthy baby. Specifically  white. Which is why you hear them say choose adoption not abortion. 

The majority of prolifers aka antichoicers  are christian. However Christians except for Catholics weren't always prolife. They claimed prolife which was a Catholic teaching in the 80s I believe. Please correct me if I'm wrong. 

As a foster parent the system could use more prolifers. There are 100,000 kids legally freed waiting for forever families. 

20,000 teens turn 18 or 21 in some states and age out. These youth face homelessness, drugs, prision, being a high school drop out, and repeating the cycle. 

There are 500,000 kids in foster care. Some of these kids sleep in shelters, group homes, or dhs offices. Because there aren't enough  foster homes to take them in. 

2% of foster youth graduate  from college

Teens have a 3%- 5% chance at adoption.  

According  to recent numbers, last year the March for life movement had over 200,000 attend. Gee that's 200,000 foster/adoption  homes right there. 

You would  think they would give up this 43 year fight. It's getting old. Abortion is legal, get over it. Even when it wasn't legal it was still going on. 

9 hours ago, Dandruff said:

If they're really anti-abortion, they should be rallying for every sexually active woman who doesn't want children (yet or ever) to use BC.  I realize that many who are against BC are using their own interpretations of the bible, and are also trying to force abstinence, but the fact remains:  If a woman isn't pregnant she isn't going to get an abortion.  And (IMO) if you're preventing women's access to BC, then you're indirectly causing abortions.  They should pull their heads out of...wherever...and figure that out.  By their own definition, deaths would be prevented.

I wish birth control was free. I mean why isn't it? Abortion should be free too. And add in free paid work leave. Many women go to work still bleeding  after childbirth because they can't afford to miss days. Sad. 

27 minutes ago, Toothfairy said:

The majority of prolifers aka antichoicers  are christian. However Christians except for Catholics weren't always prolife. They claimed prolife which was a Catholic teaching in the 80s I believe. Please correct me if I'm wrong. 

As a foster parent the system could use more prolifers. There are 100,000 kids legally freed waiting for forever families. 

20,000 teens turn 18 or 21 in some states and age out. These youth face homelessness, drugs, prision, being a high school drop out, and repeating the cycle. 

There are 500,000 kids in foster care. Some of these kids sleep in shelters, group homes, or dhs offices. Because there aren't enough  foster homes to take them in. 

According  to recent numbers, last year the March for life movement had over 200,000 attend. Gee that's 200,000 foster/adoption  homes right there. 

You would  think they would give up this 43 year fight. It's getting old. Abortion is legal, get over it. Even when it wasn't legal it was still going on. 

I wish birth control was free. I mean why isn't it? Abortion should be free too. And add in free paid work leave. Many women go to work still bleeding  after childbirth because they can't afford to miss days. Sad. 

Thank you for some excellent information - even if it makes me grit my teeth that they care so much more for the unborn than the real life kids.

In the UK, birth control is free - and has been as long as I can remember ( I am over 60). When I was young, you went to the Family Planning Clinic - now, your GP can also provide it. There is also a much wider availability for abortion, both through the National health Service and through private providers - in some instances, the NHS will pay for a termination at a private clinic. Over 50% of abortions are free at the point of need, and in some areas 90%.

Doctors are allowed to opt out of providing abortions for personal reasons, but must recommend another doctor who is willing to agree to the procedure. Two doctors must agree that the abortion is justified under UK law. Source http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Abortion/Pages/Introduction.aspx.

However, the anti -choice protesters are ramping up their demonstrations in the UK, but they do not seem to have much mainstream approval. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/womens-life/11243165/Jesus-Christ-would-be-ashamed-of-Christian-abortion-protestors. 

The last article is from a newspaper very much to the right of the political spectrum.

34 minutes ago, sawasdee said:

Doctors are allowed to opt out of providing abortions for personal reasons, but must recommend another doctor who is willing to agree to the procedure. Two doctors must agree that the abortion is justified under UK law. Source http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Abortion/Pages/Introduction.aspx.

Just to clarify the 2 doc thing for non UK people.  It's not onerous and doesn't involve an interrogation.  One doc is the one who refers the patient to an abortion provider, the  other is usually the one doing it.  There are specific justifications, one is such is that a pregnancy would cause more damage to physical or mental health then an abortion.  This justification can be used for nearly everyone without an interrogation.  If she wants an abortion, then forcing her to have a pregnancy will be more damaging to her mental health than an abortion.

3 hours ago, Toothfairy said:

You're correct there, if I'm remembering correctly they switched over during the height of Falwell's "moral majority" movement.

birth control in the states is technically free ($0 copay). You still need to pay for the doctors visit to get the script, but thanks to Obamacare we have free birth control, basically. WOO!!!!!

21 minutes ago, Alicja said:

birth control in the states is technically free ($0 copay). You still need to pay for the doctors visit to get the script, but thanks to Obamacare we have free birth control, basically. WOO!!!!!

I hate to say, but that is not my experience. With Humana, I did have a $0 copay for birth control, but not with Blue Cross Blue Shield. I had to pay a copay and it was expensive. It was a shock after it being $0 with Humana. Now I am on a different insurance plan, but I am guessing that I am going to have a copay again. I wish every insurance company had a $0 copay for birth control, but that is not the case.

ObamaCare covers one type of birth control per person from each of 18 FDA approved categories at no out-of-pocket cost, although some plans have exemptions. This page will tell you what kinds of birth control are covered, which health plans have exemptions, how to get free birth control under the Affordable Care Act, and how to get help even if you don’t have insurance.

Link to More Information: http://obamacarefacts.com/obamacare-birth-control/

I hate to say, but that is not my experience. With Humana, I did have a $0 copay for birth control, but not with Blue Cross Blue Shield. I had to pay a copay and it was expensive. It was a shock after it being $0 with Humana. Now I am on a different insurance plan, but I am guessing that I am going to have a copay again. I wish every insurance company had a $0 copay for birth control, but that is not the case.

ObamaCare covers one type of birth control per person from each of 18 FDA approved categories at no out-of-pocket cost, although some plans have exemptions. This page will tell you what kinds of birth control are covered, which health plans have exemptions, how to get free birth control under the Affordable Care Act, and how to get help even if you don’t have insurance.

well shit, that fucking sucks! I was under the impression that the pills at least were free because it's preventative care (that's what my gyno told me).

here's hoping that all medication will be free or have a very low copay.

My pills have been 0% copay, and I just had the BC implant placed- the implant itself was covered at 100%, though I haven't yet gotten the bill for the office visit- expecting to pay for that. 

55 minutes ago, accountingstar said:

My current insurance is BCBS too (through my employer) but I don't have a copay on mine. There seems to be a lot of variation depending on who you work for, whether you have an older or newer plan, whether you're able to use a generic, etc.

The local reich to life folks tried to beat the storm home by leaving last night and got stuck in Pennsylvania - about 100 miles east of Pittsburgh;

kwwl.com/story/31036029/2016/01/22/eastern-iowans-in-washington-dc-despite-blizzard

As of 11:30 Central time, they've been stuck for more than 15 hours.

Leon Jensen, board member of Dubuque County Right to Life says it could be another 10 hours before traffic gets moving again.

He says all people are accounted for, safe and warm.

Jensen also added the National Guard has dropped off water to those stranded.

20 hours ago, Dandruff said:
1 hour ago, 47of74 said:

The local reich to life folks tried to beat the storm home by leaving last night and got stuck in Pennsylvania - about 100 miles east of Pittsburgh;

kwwl.com/story/31036029/2016/01/22/eastern-iowans-in-washington-dc-despite-blizzard

Well, too bad they couldn't  be there for the fetuses. 

Okay I'm just gonna spit it out. Suddenly  the prolife movement whose made up of white evangelical  Christians care about black lives. Do they understand  black lives? Nope. Racist fucks. 

No prolifers aka antichoicers, the black womb isn't the most dangerous  place  for a fetus. Black women  don't have the most abortions. Black people do care about black lives. No abortion isn't black genocide in the black community. Stop using black lives matter, Martin Luther King Jr, Emmett Till, Mike Brown, and the black community  to push your agenda. It's fucking rude, false, and racist. If you want to help black people, understand the black community  and black issues. Poverty is often the cause for a black woman to abort. And a society  that shames a black single woman for getting  pregnant  than a white one. I hate how they're using the black community  in this then pretending  to care when they dont. All they do is make bullshit memes while not doing anything  for  black people. Why should I expect anything less of these fools. 

2 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Condoms are not free.

Yes they are. Where are you located at? In my state you can get free condoms at a health clinic or the health department 

Archived