IGNORED

March for life 2016

Toothfairy

That last one links to this tumblr, which is pretty much just a regular midwestern white teen's blog, except with big honkin essays about how John Green or Dr. Who or their funko pop collection relate to anti-abortion and anti-death penalty issues, instead of how Kylo Ren's face in this gif gives them the feelz.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

WTF is going on in this picture?  That guy looks like he's about to smack someone's ass... and why are they dressed like mormon missionaries? 

spank.thumb.jpg.96a986e4b35e807583203ce6

That is one really weird picture. Is it a bunch of men dancing to celebrate being anti-choice? 

I can't take any of these folks slightly serious until their platform is supporting steps that actually lower abortion rates. Holding up signs and wearing t-shirts does shit in lowering abortion rates. This is just glorified slactivism. 

I'm impressed (not really) at their ability to share quotes about "meeting" people in reference to other people's embryos/fetuses.

And of course, no comprehension of situations where continuing the life of the fetus will end the life of the mother.

7 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

That is one really weird picture. Is it a bunch of men dancing to celebrate being anti-choice? 

I can't take any of these folks slightly serious until their platform is supporting steps that actually lower abortion rates. Holding up signs and wearing t-shirts does shit in lowering abortion rates. This is just glorified slactivism. 

Wait, you mean that maybe they should take all the money and volunteer hours they are spending on gathering in the midst of a snowstorm (sucking more law enforcement money) and apply it to education, contraception, and aid for women?  Thats crazy! God only approves of making big scenes and posting your actions for the world to see!

edited to separate two posts, they were merged. The second post is below

I'm putting this one behind a spoiler because I find it offensive.  If I find it offensive, It is likely highly offensive to anyone who has suffered a pregnancy after a rape.

Spoiler

rape.thumb.jpg.be2916b2d6a4298da926e5b88

Of course, they're quoting a man. 

48 minutes ago, nickelodeon said:

That last one links to this tumblr, which is pretty much just a regular midwestern white teen's blog, except with big honkin essays about how John Green or Dr. Who or their funko pop collection relate to anti-abortion and anti-death penalty issues, instead of how Kylo Ren's face in this gif gives them the feelz.

I'm sure it's hard to tell, but I spend a lot of time on tumblr and... It's hard to believe this person doesn't get ripped to shreds on there everyday. Tumblr is as left wing as Gothardites are right wing and this almost feels like a troll blog just to get attention. 

The meteorological models for the coming blizzard have gotten really serious in the last couple of hours, and a number of Catholic Dioceses are canceling their buses to the March.  The Mayor of DC has declared a State of Emergency already.

It will be delusional for the March organizers not to cancel.

NOAA is showing 10-14 inches Friday night. Why are they still going?? I don't know how much snow D.C. gets on the regular, but I don't think they're prepared for driving in this. 

Honestly they're putting the lives of all the kids that they're dragging to this senseless fucking hate-fest at risk and there's nothing "pro-life" about that at all. It's preposterous. 

35 minutes ago, Ofglen said:

NOAA is showing 10-14 inches Friday night. Why are they still going?? I don't know how much snow D.C. gets on the regular, but I don't think they're prepared for driving in this. 

Honestly they're putting the lives of all the kids that they're dragging to this senseless fucking hate-fest at risk and there's nothing "pro-life" about that at all. It's preposterous. 

The lives of the kids as well as law enforcement and other civilians.  They're going to have to put first responders along the route to make sure no one runs them over, and people trying to get home will be diverted to go around them.  Considering the weather all resources should be diverted to keeping key arteries clear and responding to 911 calls, not shepherding children through the streets holding signs. 

35 minutes ago, Ofglen said:

maybe they get extra wings in heaven for dying on their way to a pro-life march. :pb_rollseyes:

And I hope they're not planning on using the Metro 

1 hour ago, Ofglen said:

We got a 1ish inch clipper last night and this was the result 

And law enforcement is already telling people to stay home 

Based on social media chatter, I'm guessing that the marchers who haven't decided to stay home due to the storm have already come into town. If they're in DC proper, they won't need the aboveground portions of Metro, and I suspect they may just try to walk.  Considering what passes for sidewalk snow removal in DC, I wouldn't do that myself, but it looks like that is what some folks are planning.  

I'm not sure whether this will be entertaining or disastrous. Hopefully no one will get hurt. But I'm all for watching anti-choice losers fall over in 2 feet of snow!!!:popcorn2:

I SEVERELY encourage all of you to post funny pictures of frustrated marchers. 

31 minutes ago, purple_summer said:

The last time my area rec'd over a foot of snow (I live in a snow belt), everything closed- even non-essential state, county and court government. **And we have snow removal plans and lots of snow removal equipment.**  The government was closed for one day but some businesses stayed closed for about 36 hours to allow for snow removal.

I can't image 30 inches of snow in a 48 hour time period.

4 hours ago, Buzzard said:

NO.  Just NO.  You cannot quote YODA and Dr. Who to support your anti choice rhetoric.  Neither of these fictional characters went anywhere NEAR the topic of abortion. yoda.thumb.jpg.c4135265839de81439ff06d32

Reminds me of this gem.

Neville+source+imgur+subscribe+for+more_922aff_4947320.jpg

8 minutes ago, lilwriter85 said:

Using a fictional character's mother as an example is dumb. I bet someone will probably use Sarah Connor as an example too.

I thought Harry Potter books were verboten, anyway.  Arent they all 'magical' and devil worshiping? 

7 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I thought Harry Potter books were verboten, anyway.  Arent they all 'magical' and devil worshiping? 

Same here, I thought they weren't allowing their children to read those "evil" books.

I hope that the Mayor of DC  and local law enforcement respectfully request that the March be canceled for public safety reasons.

Although I was looking forward to that precious miracle baby Josie sighting.

18 minutes ago, ADoyle90815 said:

Same here, I thought they weren't allowing their children to read those "evil" books.

They have to be all hip and groovy to relate to Kids Today.

44 minutes ago, FundiesInParis said:

Reminds me of this gem.

Neville+source+imgur+subscribe+for+more_922aff_4947320.jpg

I wanted a sign to go next to that one that said "If Merope Gaunt had an abortion, how many lives could have been saved?"

Because of course, the theoretical baby that they save from abortion is always going to be the one who discovers the cure for cancer, not the next Hitler.

2 hours ago, Buzzard said:

The lives of the kids as well as law enforcement and other civilians.  They're going to have to put first responders along the route to make sure no one runs them over, and people trying to get home will be diverted to go around them.  Considering the weather all resources should be diverted to keeping key arteries clear and responding to 911 calls, not shepherding children through the streets holding signs. 

Who cares about the lives of law enforcement and civilians when there are babiez to be saved. Think of the fetuses!

40 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

I hope that the Mayor of DC  and local law enforcement respectfully request that the March be canceled for public safety reasons.

Although I was looking forward to that precious miracle baby Josie sighting.

Washington Post says it's still happening. 

They're insane. 

ETA: Metro bus is closing at 5 and what's left of rail is closing at 11pm tomorrow until the 24th at the earliest. They're worried about power outages, if that happen it'll be closed sooner/they'll be stuck underground somewhere.

Archived