Jump to content
  • Sky
  • Blueberry
  • Slate
  • Blackcurrant
  • Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Orange
  • Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Toothfairy

March for life 2016

Recommended Posts

Toothfairy

The 42nd annual March for life is soon. I'm wondering if our favorite fundies are going. Maybe Josh will come out of hiding to attend with Anna. Will a Maxwell be there? Bates? Rodriguez? The adoptive fundie families who shouldn't be adopting. Or maybe that crazy ass doctor husband with his crazy family. 

Edited by OnceUponATime
adding tags

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47of74

I know the local reich to life people here are planning to attend.  Including the one crazy lady who runs the show around here who basically doubled down for Todd Akin when he started in on his legitimate rape horse manure and then later denied doing so.  One of the most liberating things about leaving the Catholic church was not having to pretend I liked those people anymore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FloraKitty35

Hopefully, one of those nutbags makes up a sign that says something about "fetal" and they spell it "fecal".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hane
22 hours ago, 47of74 said:

I know the local reich to life people here are planning to attend.  Including the one crazy lady who runs the show around here who basically doubled down for Todd Akin when he started in on his legitimate rape horse manure and then later denied doing so.  One of the most liberating things about leaving the Catholic church was not having to pretend I liked those people anymore.

One day, I went to Mass with my rosary-saying devout Catholic sister. I could tell that she was praying that I, the former Catholic UU, would be struck with desire to rejoin the Church. Then, at the end of Mass, a couple from Right to Life got up to encourage us to attend a "peaceful prayer demonstration" at a women's clinic, and she could see the HELL NO in my eyes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HereticHick
23 hours ago, 47of74 said:

I know the local reich to life people here are planning to attend.  Including the one crazy lady who runs the show around here who basically doubled down for Todd Akin when he started in on his legitimate rape horse manure and then later denied doing so.  One of the most liberating things about leaving the Catholic church was not having to pretend I liked those people anymore.

"Reich To Life"?

Was that a typo or a Freudian slip. : )

The Rally is this Friday January 22. http://marchforlife.org/mfl-2016/rally-march-info/

No Duggars or Bates on the schedule this year.

  As always, Please ask the Flying Spaghetti Monster or your deity of choice for sleet & freezing temperatures.

I work on Capitol Hill, and it is all I can do to get through the day without clubbing several smug Catholic school kids to death with their bloody fetus posters that they leave littered all over the place. 

I predict some Duggarlings & Bateseseses will attend as always.  Probably Josiah,  Joseph, Joy, Nathan, Lawson, Carlin. I bet Nathan Bates's sweetie Ashley will come down from New York City to join him.

Edited by HereticHick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47of74
52 minutes ago, Hane said:

One day, I went to Mass with my rosary-saying devout Catholic sister. I could tell that she was praying that I, the former Catholic UU, would be struck with desire to rejoin the Church. Then, at the end of Mass, a couple from Right to Life got up to encourage us to attend a "peaceful prayer demonstration" at a women's clinic, and she could see the HELL NO in my eyes.

The priest who did my great-uncle's funeral is pretty deep in my doghouse.  He made sure to turn the homily at my great-uncle's funeral mass into a thing on taking communion means one agrees 110% with Rome - which I'm sure was a jab at his children, like myself not all of whom remained Catholic.  And he was wearing "pro-life" buttons when we went to the cemetery.  My mom was complaining about him later too - that he was a jerk.  The priest who did my Grandparents funerals was a much nicer gentleman, and kept the BS on the down low.

24 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

"Reich To Life"?

Was that a typo or a Freudian slip. : )

The Rally is the Friday January 22. http://marchforlife.org/mfl-2016/rally-march-info/

No Duggars or Bates on the schedule this year.

  As always, Please ask the Flying Spaghetti Monster or your deity of choice for sleet & freezing temperatures.

I work on Capitol Hill, and it is all I can do to get through the day without clubbing several smug Catholic school kids to death with their bloody fetus posters that they leave littered all over the place. 

I predict some Duggarlings & Bateseseses will attend as always.  Probably Josiah,  Joseph, Joy, Nathan, Lawson, Carlin. I bet Nathan Bates's sweetie Ashley will come down from New York City to join him.

LOL.  Yes.  Yes it was a Freudian slip.

I wonder how many of these high school students are truly committed to the cause or are doing this to get a discounted trip to DC?  And I wonder how many of these students will still be in the reich to life camp ten years later?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dandruff

What, no FRC speaker?

The weather forecast for the DC area on Friday looks bad.  Possible major snowstorm or rain/snow mix. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
blackkatya
26 minutes ago, 47of74 said:

The priest who did my great-uncle's funeral is pretty deep in my doghouse.  He made sure to turn the homily at my great-uncle's funeral mass into a thing on taking communion means one agrees 110% with Rome - which I'm sure was a jab at his children, like myself not all of whom remained Catholic.  And he was wearing "pro-life" buttons when we went to the cemetery.  My mom was complaining about him later too - that he was a jerk.  The priest who did my Grandparents funerals was a much nicer gentleman, and kept the BS on the down low.

LOL.  Yes.  Yes it was a Freudian slip.

I wonder how many of these high school students are truly committed to the cause or are doing this to get a discounted trip to DC?  And I wonder how many of these students will still be in the reich to life camp ten years later?

I always wonder upon seeing a group of young PLers how many have actually had abortions...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rachel333

I happened to be in DC during the March last year. I saw several Duggars, including Josh in the VIP area. I'm guessing he won't be there this year!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47of74
7 minutes ago, blackkatya said:

I always wonder upon seeing a group of young PLers how many have actually had abortions...

Reminded me of this story about how a young anti-abortion activist changed her mind after going to college.

alternet.org/story/42888/the_rhetoric_of_abortion%3A_reflections_from_a_former_pro-life_activist

Quote

By the end of college, my former certainty about abortion had completely deserted me. I had arrived at a place where I couldn't identify myself as pro-life any longer. I now believed in choice, but without advocating abortion. I still believed a fetus was a life--but I had come to understand there were other issues at stake, too. Was mine a pro-choice position? None of the pro-choice rhetoric with which I was familiar led me to believe it was; having once been a true believer in the pro-life movement, I found nothing in the rhetoric of the pro-choice movement that appealed to me or adequately stated my position.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dianapavelovna
1 hour ago, HereticHick said:

The Rally is this Friday January 22. http://marchforlife.org/mfl-2016/rally-march-info/

No Duggars or Bates on the schedule this year.

Weird that they list Fiorina only as a "pro-life businesswoman" and don't mention her presidential campaign at all in her bio. :my_huh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FundiesInParis
1 hour ago, Dandruff said:

The weather forecast for the DC area on Friday looks bad.  Possible major snowstorm or rain/snow mix. 

I hope they get a blizzard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cats B4 Quivers

Pro-Lifers are a tedious bunch. I had to walk past a group of them protesting on my university campus years ago and the memory still makes me scowl. I was stuck next to a clutch of them while waiting for the traffic light to change when two of the pro-lifers talked about how "sluts" needed to have their "bastards" to learn some life lessons. As a bastard, my slut mother was a great and flawed woman who raised two kids by herself while my father did diddly squat to help. In fact, he looked for ways to help even less when he cried poverty because child support meant he could not buy a Mercedes. True story. I told the pro-lifers that their humanity was lacking and I thought they were the worst waste of human flesh. Lots of clucking after that but who cares, I was off to class. 

I hope the rally is smothered in ten feet of snow. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
roddma

Its easy to lump all pro-life together and polarize the issue. Not all of them are Fundie. The radicals tend to be pro-natalist than pro-life.. No gray area exists. Pro-birth groups holler pro-choice are baby killer and pro-choice holler pro-birthers are woman hater. You can't win.
ETA I ran across an interesting letter to Dear Prudence. A couple's 18 yr old mentally disabled daughter became pregnant obviously from sexual assault they think. They like the idea of being grandparents, but think it best for her to get an abortion since they render her incapable of making such choices and considering the possibility of a child with the same condition and cost . However the young lady is already talking about her baby.Should choice to keep the child be hers? Mentally disabled people It's one of those tough situations.
http://www.slate.com/articles/life/dear_prudence/2016/01/dear_prudence_should_my_mentally_disabled_daughter_have_an_abortion.html

Edited by roddma

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GeoBQn

I don't think anything will top that glorious year we found the young protestor who was mad at an overweight protestor for "photobombing" her picture.  She came here and got in quite the argument.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HereticHick
3 hours ago, Dandruff said:

What, no FRC speaker?

The weather forecast for the DC area on Friday looks bad.  Possible major snowstorm or rain/snow mix. 

I also noticed the lack of Family Research Council speakers in the lineup.  Does the stench of Joshley Madison still linger on the FRC?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
nickelodeon

The March for Life is like the Fundie Golden Globes, all our faves coming out to be seen and flaunt a bit.

(The Fundie Academy Awards would be, what, Big Sandy??)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
samurai_sarah
2 hours ago, roddma said:

Its easy to lump all pro-life together and polarize the issue. Not all of them are Fundie. The radicals tend to be pro-natalist than pro-life.. No gray area exists. Pro-birth groups holler pro-choice are baby killer and pro-choice holler pro-birthers are woman hater. You can't win.
ETA I ran across an interesting letter to Dear Prudence. A couple's 18 yr old mentally disabled daughter became pregnant obviously from sexual assault they think. They like the idea of being grandparents, but think it best for her to get an abortion since they render her incapable of making such choices and considering the possibility of a child with the same condition and cost . However the young lady is already talking about her baby.Should choice to keep the child be hers? Mentally disabled people It's one of those tough situations.
http://www.slate.com/articles/life/dear_prudence/2016/01/dear_prudence_should_my_mentally_disabled_daughter_have_an_abortion.html

It isn't about winning. No one gets a medal. "Pro-choice" just means keeping it safe and legal for women to terminate. Or not. That's it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47of74
5 hours ago, Cats B4 Quivers said:

Pro-Lifers are a tedious bunch. I had to walk past a group of them protesting on my university campus years ago and the memory still makes me scowl. I was stuck next to a clutch of them while waiting for the traffic light to change when two of the pro-lifers talked about how "sluts" needed to have their "bastards" to learn some life lessons. As a bastard, my slut mother was a great and flawed woman who raised two kids by herself while my father did diddly squat to help. In fact, he looked for ways to help even less when he cried poverty because child support meant he could not buy a Mercedes. True story. I told the pro-lifers that their humanity was lacking and I thought they were the worst waste of human flesh. Lots of clucking after that but who cares, I was off to class. 

Yeah it seems to be a job requirement as it were that that male RTLers be misogynistic pieces of cattle dung.  We have one here where I live who would boast about what a bigwig he and his wife were with the local RTL organization and not even five minutes later would be acting like a total ass towards women.  And I've seen plenty of other examples of male RTL people who have no respect for women or even most men.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Emme
20 hours ago, Cats B4 Quivers said:

Pro-Lifers are a tedious bunch. I had to walk past a group of them protesting on my university campus years ago and the memory still makes me scowl. I was stuck next to a clutch of them while waiting for the traffic light to change when two of the pro-lifers talked about how "sluts" needed to have their "bastards" to learn some life lessons. As a bastard, my slut mother was a great and flawed woman who raised two kids by herself while my father did diddly squat to help. In fact, he looked for ways to help even less when he cried poverty because child support meant he could not buy a Mercedes. True story. I told the pro-lifers that their humanity was lacking and I thought they were the worst waste of human flesh. Lots of clucking after that but who cares, I was off to class. 

I hope the rally is smothered in ten feet of snow. 

This sort of rhetoric makes me livid. So they want women to carry pregnancies to term so they can shame them and mock them? Fuck that shit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Toothfairy
23 hours ago, HereticHick said:

"Reich To Life"?

Was that a typo or a Freudian slip. : )

The Rally is this Friday January 22. http://marchforlife.org/mfl-2016/rally-march-info/

No Duggars or Bates on the schedule this year.

  As always, Please ask the Flying Spaghetti Monster or your deity of choice for sleet & freezing temperatures.

I work on Capitol Hill, and it is all I can do to get through the day without clubbing several smug Catholic school kids to death with their bloody fetus posters that they leave littered all over the place. 

I predict some Duggarlings & Bateseseses will attend as always.  Probably Josiah,  Joseph, Joy, Nathan, Lawson, Carlin. I bet Nathan Bates's sweetie Ashley will come down from New York 

22 hours ago, blackkatya said:

I always wonder upon seeing a group of young PLers how many have actually had abortions...

A lot. The only acceptable abortion  is my abortion. Even protesters go inside the clinic they're protesting have an abortion  then ho back to protesting.

18 hours ago, nickelodeon said:

The March for Life is like the Fundie Golden Globes, all our faves coming out to be seen and flaunt a bit.

(The Fundie Academy Awards would be, what, Big Sandy??)

I can't wait. Whose the best dressed? Best sign? Best asshole

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Toothfairy
22 hours ago, Rachel333 said:

I happened to be in DC during the March last year. I saw several Duggars, including Josh in the VIP area. I'm guessing he won't be there this year!

Sucks they won't be there. Come on Duggars those fetuses  need you. 

22 hours ago, dianapavelovna said:

Weird that they list Fiorina only as a "pro-life businesswoman" and don't mention her presidential campaign at all in her bio. :my_huh:

Russell  moore? Ugh

22 hours ago, FundiesInParis said:

I hope they get a blizzard.

Please let the temperature  drop below zero

1 hour ago, Emme said:

This sort of rhetoric makes me livid. So they want women to carry pregnancies to term so they can shame them and mock them? Fuck that shit. 

Too bad they don't provide services for young women  and families. Or heck help a foster kid. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Shouldabeenacowboy

Hope they won't clog the streets/increase traffic too much for us commuters! 

By the way, there is a crazy guy driving a red van up and down the National Mall in DC, long beard, thin, looks a fright, and the van is plastered with "doom & gloom" posters à la Westboro Baptist Church. I saw the van multiple times while driving down the street, but never actually talked to the guy/ saw him face to face. He looks like a first class Wacko with capital W.

Edited by Shouldabeenacowboy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JesusCampSongs

I find right-to-life protesters totally infuriating, and the meaner side of me gloats every January when they have to stand outside in freezing cold and various quantities of snow and/or ice and/or freezing rain. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HereticHick

Snowstorm is headed DC's way! Please, flying spaghetti monster, have it hurry up & arrive Friday instead of Saturday!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.