IGNORED

Anna Duggar and the M Kids - Part 5

Coconut Flan

31 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:

Josh talked about the correspondence law school, but I'm not sure he ever got any farther than that.  Oak Brook is Gothard's online law school.  That's the one Josh would have done if he'd tried.

That school is worthless:

http://www.obcl.edu/accreditation/

The only reason Josh wanted a law degree is that he wanted to seek political office like Jim Bob.  That's what he wanted to do since he was a child and went with his father when Jim Bob was in the Arkansas House of Representatives.  Josh could never be a politician now and probably couldn't even work as a volunteer on a campaign.  

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, quiverofdoubt said:

gothardism didn't really take hold till the 70's, so I think many came to it in adult hood.  There's lots of variance among ati/gothard families as well- some are like the duggars and super entrenched in the cult.  Others are more fringe riders and allow their kids to attend christian based schools.  Afterall, the cult members need to see doctors, need an occasional lawyer or professional to help them with their businesses etc.  They would much prefer to go to a christian who supports their beliefs over a common heathen. 

Yeah. I was raised in the Seventh Day Adventist church and there was some variation there too. We went to SDA schools. Most members in the 70s were vegetarian but we were allowed to eat beef in our house.  No pork. My dad liked steaks.  :/

All of my family works in the medical field except me. SDAs are known for that. They had to have taken science classes in college... but they went to SDA colleges. IDK how that went. I escaped at 17 so I was spared that experience.

I don't see why Josh couldn't get a job, even with his limited education. At least where I live, there are several manufacturing businesses that will hire just about anyone with a GED at entry level that can pass a drug test. The customers do not see the people actually making and working on the product. Would it be as glamorous as his job in D.C.? Well no, but it's a job that he could potentially move up in or they could pay for him to go to school to further his skills and training etc. It's not like he doesn't have options, they just might not seem that appealing to someone who grew up in front of the cameras.  

1 hour ago, gustava said:

He could do phone sex.

I think most consumers of paid phone sex are men. This could be a problem for bigoted Joshyboy.

I think phone sex is out. Judging by his am account he's....not sophisticated enough for that. He would have to use a lot of scripts. Plus I can't see him making it his work to pleasure women, or men, over the phone. And now I need to scour my brain of images....

Remember, Gothard men don't have "jobs" they have "Callings".  He could easily get any mundane mindless job that requires just a ged, he could smarm his way in anywhere.  But he's been taught to do "what jesus puts on his heart" to do.  for women that= have lots of babies.  for men it = have lots of babies and find a way to serve Jesus.  Remember the duggar's number one rule: Jesus first.  Jesus comes before work or family.  Which means of course that work and family have to be saturated in jesus all the time.

(my mom and grandma always said smarm. is that not a word now?)

5 minutes ago, JesSky03 said:

I don't see why Josh couldn't get a job, even with his limited education. At least where I live, there are several manufacturing businesses that will hire just about anyone with a GED at entry level that can pass a drug test. The customers do not see the people actually making and working on the product. Would it be as glamorous as his job in D.C.? Well no, but it's a job that he could potentially move up in or they could pay for him to go to school to further his skills and training etc. It's not like he doesn't have options, they just might not seem that appealing to someone who grew up in front of the cameras.  

The problem that Josh faces is that without family connections, he will need to rely on his qualifications....which don't go far.  Certainly he would be qualified for a variety of entry level jobs and could work his way up over the years, but he has to support 4 kids and a wife debt free on his income....very few entry level positions will allow for that.  That's not what an entry level position is designed for.  I have nearly 5 years of experience and steady upward mobility in my career, and even on my current salary it would be tight to support a family of that size. My friend is able to support a family of that size on a single income, but it is tight and he has 20 years experience in a union job.  

That's the problem with the QF/ATI/SODRT marrying young model:  it works (sort of) if the breadwinner continually advances.  However, if the breadwinner EVER falls behind, has to take a leave of absence, or change careers....they are hosed.  

2 hours ago, quiverofdoubt said:

I have a question: what kind of jobs are allowed gothard men? It's hard for me to imagine one working a 9-5 job, at least not outside the family business.  They like to start businesses or own properties, or get hired by family members who have done that. Or work for the ultra conservative political agenda in some way.  They seem to do this in the name of self sufficiency and independence, but the truth lies more in keeping themselves to themselves and lessening contact with the secular world. Generally, they don't want any of the members fraternizing with the outside world unless it's to further the agenda or convert people to jesus.  So it's hard for me to picture josh or any of the duggars really working a traditional secular type job.

Maybe the bates need another tree trimmer?

I was under the impression that Gothard BOYS can do whatever the hell they want, its the girls who are limited in their prospects to jobs from home, helping the husband with his job, and working in a profession where your supervisors would only be women.

6 minutes ago, quiverofdoubt said:

I think phone sex is out. Judging by his am account he's....not sophisticated enough for that. He would have to use a lot of scripts. Plus I can't see him making it his work to pleasure women, or men, over the phone. And now I need to scour my brain of images....

Remember, Gothard men don't have "jobs" they have "Callings".  He could easily get any mundane mindless job that requires just a ged, he could smarm his way in anywhere.  But he's been taught to do "what jesus puts on his heart" to do.  for women that= have lots of babies.  for men it = have lots of babies and find a way to serve Jesus.  Remember the duggar's number one rule: Jesus first.  Jesus comes before work or family.  Which means of course that work and family have to be saturated in jesus all the time.

(my mom and grandma always said smarm. is that not a word now?)

The phone sex thing reminds me of that scene from the 1990s cartoon Rocko's Modern Life, where Rocko gets fired from his regular job at a comic book store and takes a job as a "specialty phone operator" (the sign behind him says 'REMEMBER: Be Hot, Be Naughty, Be Courteous.'). He says in a flat voice, "Oh baby" three times, until he realizes it's his neighbor Mrs. Bighead, and they both hang up the phone in horror. I'm still trying to figure out how that show got so much sexual innuendo past the censors on a show that was ostensibly for children.

Anyway, Josh could get any number of low-paying menial jobs, but I've always gotten the impression that he doesn't like manual labor. Since JB and Michelle have horrible work ethics that they have passed onto their children, Josh probably still thinks that he should just get paid for being himself and doing nothing. He also has four kids and a wife who can't work because of the nutty cult they belong to. Working in an Amazon warehouse or something like that won't support all these dependents and the inevitable future M-kids. Plus, Gothard doesn't like the idea of working for "the man," which means it's up to JB to somehow provide employment Josh. My idea is that JB could open a "Christian convenience store" that doesn't sell alcohol, lottery tickets, synthetic marijuana, or any other objectionable content, and employ all the J-boys and Josh as workers. It's as good as any at this point.

13 minutes ago, Georgiana said:

The problem that Josh faces is that without family connections, he will need to rely on his qualifications....which don't go far.  Certainly he would be qualified for a variety of entry level jobs and could work his way up over the years, but he has to support 4 kids and a wife debt free on his income....very few entry level positions will allow for that.  That's not what an entry level position is designed for.  I have nearly 5 years of experience and steady upward mobility in my career, and even on my current salary it would be tight to support a family of that size. My friend is able to support a family of that size on a single income, but it is tight and he has 20 years experience in a union job.  

That's the problem with the QF/ATI/SODRT marrying young model:  it works (sort of) if the breadwinner continually advances.  However, if the breadwinner EVER falls behind, has to take a leave of absence, or change careers....they are hosed.  

Valid point, it would be hard to raise a family on that salary. Heaven forbid Anna would actually have to get out in the real world and get a job to help support the family. We married young (20) (are now 24/25) and my husband lost his job twice in the last year and a half but thanks to my well paying stable job we landed on our feet both times. I grew up in a working class home- had to get a job at age 16 if I ever wanted my license, car, phone etc. and the idea of not working is just so foreign to me. It's not like they are lacking people to watch their children while they are away at work all or part of the day.

2 minutes ago, Cleopatra7 said:

The phone sex thing reminds me of that scene from the 1990s cartoon Rocko's Modern Life, where Rocko gets fired from his regular job at a comic book store and takes a job as a "specialty phone operator" (the sign behind him says 'REMEMBER: Be Hot, Be Naughty, Be Courteous.'). He says in a flat voice, "Oh baby" three times, until he realizes it's his neighbor Mrs. Bighead, and they both hang up the phone in horror. I'm still trying to figure out how that show got so much sexual innuendo past the censors on a show that was ostensibly for children.

Anyway, Josh could get any number of low-paying menial jobs, but I've always gotten the impression that he doesn't like manual labor. Since JB and Michelle have horrible work ethics that they have passed onto their children, Josh probably still thinks that he should just get paid for being himself and doing nothing. He also has four kids and a wife who can't work because of the nutty cult they belong to. Working in an Amazon warehouse or something like that won't support all these dependents and the inevitable future M-kids. Plus, Gothard doesn't like the idea of working for "the man," which means it's up to JB to somehow provide employment Josh. My idea is that JB could open a "Christian convenience store" that doesn't sell alcohol, lottery tickets, synthetic marijuana, or any other objectionable content, and employ all the J-boys and Josh as workers. It's as good as any at this point.

I don't remember that specific episode. I think I must have missed a lot of the sex content on that show, but not all of it. I sure did love it, but it had a short run.  Ren and stempy was pretty bad for that too.

four for now. that is likely to change if he continues with the duggar/gothard life. there will be more and more.....

The man. Totally what I was trying to get across.

And last: JB and michelle had a convenience store around the time they were switching to gothardism.  they stopped selling alcohol and cigarettes in their store after "praying about it". There was also a long story about an expensive sign that jb bought for the store. I guess he broke gothard rules and didn't discuss the purchase with god or his wife. a few days after dropping 10 grand on the store front sign it blew over and was destroyed, or something.  This was early on the cult life mind.  according to their book "they now always pray over big decisions"   Long story short, a convenience store that they self own is very much in the rules

Josh's problem isn't that he won't be able to get a job, it is that he won't be able to keep one where his boss isn't Jim Bob Duggar. This cult does not promote a strong work ethic.  Although, I suspect that after a few weeks of being monitored 24/7, that bus driver or truck driver job @SassyPants mentioned might start looking real good to Josh.  

doesn't JD have a towing business? Maybe Josh could drive for him? I'd love to see him work for a younger sibling. Might be enough to keep the ol smug grin off his face for a while.

1 minute ago, MakeItSo said:

doesn't JD have a towing business? Maybe Josh could drive for him? I'd love to see him work for a younger sibling. Might be enough to keep the ol smug grin off his face for a while.

I'm not sure JD would be okay with that. If I remember correctly, JD admitted to flat out telling Josh that he couldn't even respect him anymore when he found out about AM.

2 hours ago, gustava said:

He could do phone sex.

He'd be as good at it as Meg Griffin was.  

Spoiler

Just now, DuggarsTheEndIsNear said:

I'm not sure JD would be okay with that. If I remember correctly, JD admitted to flat out telling Josh that he couldn't even respect him anymore when he found out about AM.

I think any future position with Duggar, Inc. would require Josh to be absent not just from the public, but apart from his siblings. They will probably have to have a united "stay sweet" front in public, but I bet that Josh will get plenty of abuse behind closed doors once he leaves Jesus Rehab. However, I bet JD will be forced to forgive Josh whether he wants to or not, because that's how this cult operates.  

My prediction: they will all pray. and pray. ask jesus. and god. and pray some more.  Josh will come home and spend time with this family. aka r&r time, while he lives off his parents. Living with his parents will mean virtually zero personal expenses.  Then, after an appropriate period of time (in which the public has lost it's angry energy, and jb has greased the right wheels) Josh will announce that "jesus has put it on his heart to work for the Uncommen movement. Or some similar position. In the mean time the show will be getting back in the works and his appearances will start paying his real salary. His or his wife's and children's.  There may be an inbetween episode where he "helps" a family member with a business or something, to redeem himself, while he's waiting for jesus to do the heart laying.

4 hours ago, 19 cats and counting said:

Josh needs to find a job at a place like a call center, where he won't be seen and won't stand out.  Nobody cares if the guy on the other end of a 1800 number is a sexual deviant.  Most likely he's just a voice on the other end of the line.

Or....he could be the call taker ON a sex line.

Sorry, I see someone already suggested this. Maybe I should read further before commenting.

Maybe Josh, Anna and the M's will head to So America (?), Central America (?), where ever Jill and Derrick are, and join them on their "mission".

10 minutes ago, Chickenbutt said:

Maybe Josh, Anna and the M's will head to So America (?), Central America (?), where ever Jill and Derrick are, and join them on their "mission".

I think it's more likely that they're shipped off to Big Sandy to help the Wallers fix up their house.

• Boogalou locked this topic

Archived