Jump to content
IGNORED

Anna Duggar and the M Kids - Part 5


Recommended Posts

Cleopatra7
6 minutes ago, luv2laugh said:

Unfortunately, judging by the comments on this trending topic, the general public seems to have a lot of sympathy for Josh and completely seems to forget about the molestations.

Comments on Facebook or other online sources aren't an accurate gauge of public opinion. I'm sure the Danica dismissal brought out all the dudebros who think any man accused of assault by a woman is automatically innocent, as well as leghumpers who are inclined to think the best of the Duggars, but most people don't fall into either of those categories. Not assaulting Danica can't erase the scandals of the past year or the fact that the "wholesome Christian family" facade has been pulled away. Should the Duggars come back to TV, I don't see how Josh can be included, and even involving JB and Michelle will be difficult, given the way they mishandled the molestations. Yeah, it sucks to be the subject of a false lawsuit, but so is being molested by your brother and being forced to forgive him. Josh at least got justice and his day in court, which is more than his real victims can say. With so many kids and their dodgy financial practices, I think this won't be the last lawsuit the Duggars have to face. 

  • Upvote 16
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • DuggarsTheEndIsNear

    52

  • quiverofdoubt

    41

  • ksgranola1

    19

  • Bad Wolf

    18

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I keep thinking about a moment from the episode when Anna was pregnant with Mac and had her first OB appointment.  Like all new patient appointments, the doctor's office asked her to arrive 15 minutes

I would like to think that there are so many other things that need to happen before Josh and Anna have sex (let alone have another child), you know like proper serious conversations about his behavio

Posted Images

ksgranola1
16 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

Well, if he did go to school, I hope it would be a real one, not Clown. I would love to see Josh as a beautician. Pretty quick training if you put your mind to it, and good job opportunities when you're through. Don't know why, but that would make my day. :5624796c41285_DastardlyEviledevil:

 

If Josh goes to a real school, he's going to find out the world is older that 6,000 years old.

  • Upvote 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
Mothership

I agree with a poster upthread that many people have lost focus on the molestation scandal, which was the initial reason for the Duggars being dropped.

I think should they try to resurrect their speaking engagements or go full on family values, they'll get smacked down hard from those who do remember.  They will see the scandal resurrected and their poor response will be piled on this time.

I don't see any hope for speaking engagements unless they are either a "Breaking Duggar" or "I-was-a-lousy-pig-of-a-husband-but-Jesus-and-Anna-forgave-me-so-should-you". The latter will likely not be sincere.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, MoonFace said:

My bet is that he'll go back to selling used cars for daddy.  

Who would hire him in the outside world with all the scandals associated with him?    

School?   Not unless they have post GED classes at the SOTDT

Who would hire him except for JimBob? I think many religious groups would still hire him. Maybe Gothard or an FRC-like group with less power. Not on a Washington level, of course, but I can see him being politically active in Arkansas, and even be successful with it because he could go the route of "my sins made me stronger" "I learnt a lot and everyone has forgiven me, inclusind my wife, so should you". I can see many fundies still bowing down to him, creepy as it sounds.

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
MoonFace
1 hour ago, ambereyes said:

Who would hire him except for JimBob? I think many religious groups would still hire him. Maybe Gothard or an FRC-like group with less power. Not on a Washington level, of course, but I can see him being politically active in Arkansas, and even be successful with it because he could go the route of "my sins made me stronger" "I learnt a lot and everyone has forgiven me, inclusind my wife, so should you". I can see many fundies still bowing down to him, creepy as it sounds.

Exactly (bolded)   And maybe even selling used cars for daddy would be too public.   Big Jerk (BJ) Daddy will create a job for Joshy where he is not out in public to be seen, questioned or mocked.   

I think they will hide their chubby skeleton for a while until they are totally sure that he isn't poking his sacred penis where it doesn't belong.     It won't be until he has become a complete zombie spouting the 'party line' that they will let the little turd out in public without a leash.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
DuggarsTheEndIsNear
2 hours ago, ksgranola1 said:

If Josh goes to a real school, he's going to find out the world is older that 6,000 years old.

Not necessarily. There are a lot of christian schools. And, many majors don't require science.

Link to post
Share on other sites
DuggarsTheEndIsNear
23 minutes ago, MoonFace said:

Exactly (bolded)   And maybe even selling used cars for daddy would be too public.   Big Jerk (BJ) Daddy will create a job for Joshy where he is not out in public to be seen, questioned or mocked.   

I think they will hide their chubby skeleton for a while until they are totally sure that he isn't poking his sacred penis where it doesn't belong.     It won't be until he has become a complete zombie spouting the 'party line' that they will let the little turd out in public without a leash.  

You said exactly, but she was asking the question to pose a starting point for her answers....

That said, There are a lot of jobs Josh can get, public and not public. They may not be in his ideal field, but they're jobs nonetheless. He left FRC because they were looking for a positive (among christian fundamentalists/conservative) celebrity figurehead who espoused family values, which was something he no longer fulfilled. It's not like Josh was actually doing anything of importance there; if he had been, I'm sure they would have helped sweep it under the rug -- it's not like sex scandals are foreign to politicians, or that they ultimately hinder politicians.

It's not like he's not going to be able to find a job because he cheated on his wife. And, again, he's not a convicted sex offender. Not that it would truly matter, there are a lot of jobs that'll hire sex offenders. Sure, he wouldn't be able to get a job at a school or in a battered woman's shelter, but that hardly means he couldn't work anywhere.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
MoonFace

It's not that he can't get a job someplace.  In my thoughts, it's more of him being exposed to the world.   

Would you, as an employer, want a downgraded 'celebrity' coming in to your place of business, not to buy, but to catch a glimpse of this bozo?   How many from here would go in to that business just to get a chance to gawk and see how Joshy reacts to the world?    

I see him more as a quiet worker kept in the dark some place where he doesn't have contact with rubber neckers and where he can't get himself in to trouble with other staff members.    

So, that is why I see BJ Daddy creating a job for him. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
DuggarsTheEndIsNear
15 minutes ago, MoonFace said:

It's not that he can't get a job someplace.  In my thoughts, it's more of him being exposed to the world.   

Would you, as an employer, want a downgraded 'celebrity' coming in to your place of business, not to buy, but to catch a glimpse of this bozo?   How many from here would go in to that business just to get a chance to gawk and see how Joshy reacts to the world?    

I see him more as a quiet worker kept in the dark some place where he doesn't have contact with rubber neckers and where he can't get himself in to trouble with other staff members.    

So, that is why I see BJ Daddy creating a job for him. 

First, I doubt that many people would care THAT much about Josh to go stalk him. They didn't stalk him at the car lot. Second, it's not like retail is the only industry in the world.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
MoonFace
12 minutes ago, DuggarsTheEndIsNear said:

First, I doubt that many people would care THAT much about Josh to go stalk him. They didn't stalk him at the car lot. Second, it's not like retail is the only industry in the world.

Aaaah, but he wasn't (as far as anyone knew at the time) a molester and sexual celebrity at the time of the car lot.     

 

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
DuggarsTheEndIsNear
2 minutes ago, MoonFace said:

Aaaah, but he wasn't (as far as anyone knew at the time) a molester and sexual celebrity at the time of the car lot.     

 

 

No, instead, he was the oldest kid in a family that people idolized to the point of making pilgrimages to the family home.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
socalrules

I am sure Josh could find some type of job, that isn't the real issue. The issue is whether Josh can actually work a real 9-5 job where he is expected to show up on time, take orders from someone who maybe different or believe differently and work hard the entire day. He has never done that before. Is he willing to start at the bottom? He really isn't qualified or educated to do anything that will start him in a managerial role. Can he go to work and not turn everything into a political or religious issue? He won't be working in politics because he nothing to offer any politician. I am not even sure Josh would be comfortable in an environment where everyone is different  and his co-workers have the social skills to interact with those different from them without judgment but Josh does not. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, luv2laugh said:

Unfortunately, judging by the comments on this trending topic, the general public seems to have a lot of sympathy for Josh and completely seems to forget about the molestations.

What about  his own admission of cheating on Anna? His admission of molesting his sisters? And the now removed mention of his porn addiction? Danica Dillon's claim might be bogus, but Josh did frequent the Ashley Madison site and paid extra for a guarantee of an affair. Whether he cheated with a porn star and got rough with her on a certain date is immaterial to all the other things he has admitted he has done. People should not forget about all of the things that have been proven.

  • Upvote 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
DuggarsTheEndIsNear
36 minutes ago, socalrules said:

I am sure Josh could find some type of job, that isn't the real issue. The issue is whether Josh can actually work a real 9-5 job where he is expected to show up on time, take orders from someone who maybe different or believe differently and work hard the entire day. He has never done that before. Is he willing to start at the bottom? He really isn't qualified or educated to do anything that will start him in a managerial role. Can he go to work and not turn everything into a political or religious issue? He won't be working in politics because he nothing to offer any politician. I am not even sure Josh would be comfortable in an environment where everyone is different  and his co-workers have the social skills to interact with those different from them without judgment but Josh does not. 

Josh hasn't done any of those things because he hasn't HAD to do any of those things. He lives a different life now.

25 minutes ago, Letgo said:

What about  his own admission of cheating on Anna? His admission of molesting his sisters? And the now removed mention of his porn addiction? Danica Dillon's claim might be bogus, but Josh did frequent the Ashley Madison site and paid extra for a guarantee of an affair. Whether he cheated with a porn star and got rough with her on a certain date is immaterial to all the other things he has admitted he has done. People should not forget about all of the things that have been proven.

He admitted to cheating on his wife. He's not the first person to do that, nor will he be the last. And, it's hardly a reason not to hire someone for the vast majority of jobs in today's market.

As for molesting his sisters, he admitted to the truth in the police reports, which have been destroyed. He admitted to half the truth to the public, and he/his family assured everyone he got help and hasn't been a repeat offender since then. Like it or not, the vast majority of people will not hold what he did as a 15 year old against him, especially if they believe he got the help he needed, which a lot of people do since (as far as we all know) he hasn't repeated those actions, he's a father to 4, and his victims claim that it's all in the past.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
patsymae
2 hours ago, MoonFace said:

It's not that he can't get a job someplace.  In my thoughts, it's more of him being exposed to the world.   

Would you, as an employer, want a downgraded 'celebrity' coming in to your place of business, not to buy, but to catch a glimpse of this bozo?   How many from here would go in to that business just to get a chance to gawk and see how Joshy reacts to the world?    

I see him more as a quiet worker kept in the dark some place where he doesn't have contact with rubber neckers and where he can't get himself in to trouble with other staff members.    

So, that is why I see BJ Daddy creating a job for him. 

Celebrity Apprentice? Personal assistant to Kirk Cameron? Dress up like Jesus Man and visit schools like Willie Ames (I think) did? 

Edited by patsymae
  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
missegeno

I'm throwing my hat in for:

- There will be a big redemption tour after Josh has been out and in hiding for a bit. He and Anna will practice their lines and come up with a storyline while hiding out for a few months. Then, TLC will let small pieces of information leak to the tabloids, gauge viewer reaction until the general public loses energy being angry, then announce redemption specials.

- Josh will find work and ways to make money even if the speaking circuit dries up. I think we'll see them all (the Duggars, esp. Josh and JB) get a bit desperate, though. They have opportunities, but maybe no more Today Show sex jinder reveals or worldwide trips.

  • Upvote 9
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 cats and counting

Josh needs to find a job at a place like a call center, where he won't be seen and won't stand out.  Nobody cares if the guy on the other end of a 1800 number is a sexual deviant.  Most likely he's just a voice on the other end of the line.

  • Upvote 8
Link to post
Share on other sites
quiverofdoubt

I have a question: what kind of jobs are allowed gothard men? It's hard for me to imagine one working a 9-5 job, at least not outside the family business.  They like to start businesses or own properties, or get hired by family members who have done that. Or work for the ultra conservative political agenda in some way.  They seem to do this in the name of self sufficiency and independence, but the truth lies more in keeping themselves to themselves and lessening contact with the secular world. Generally, they don't want any of the members fraternizing with the outside world unless it's to further the agenda or convert people to jesus.  So it's hard for me to picture josh or any of the duggars really working a traditional secular type job.

Maybe the bates need another tree trimmer?

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
gustava
1 hour ago, 19 cats and counting said:

Josh needs to find a job at a place like a call center, where he won't be seen and won't stand out.  Nobody cares if the guy on the other end of a 1800 number is a sexual deviant.  Most likely he's just a voice on the other end of the line.

He could do phone sex.

  • Upvote 9
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 cats and counting
5 minutes ago, gustava said:

He could do phone sex.

The thought of phone sex with Josh Duggar is enough to make me abstain for the rest of my life.

 

  • Upvote 16
Link to post
Share on other sites
QuiverDance
40 minutes ago, quiverofdoubt said:

I have a question: what kind of jobs are allowed gothard men? It's hard for me to imagine one working a 9-5 job, at least not outside the family business.  They like to start businesses or own properties, or get hired by family members who have done that. Or work for the ultra conservative political agenda in some way.  They seem to do this in the name of self sufficiency and independence, but the truth lies more in keeping themselves to themselves and lessening contact with the secular world. Generally, they don't want any of the members fraternizing with the outside world unless it's to further the agenda or convert people to jesus.  So it's hard for me to picture josh or any of the duggars really working a traditional secular type job.

Maybe the bates need another tree trimmer?

Then how do they have doctors like Paine?  And lawyers like the dad of the guy who reps the ILBP Plaintiffs?  Are they grandfathered in because they were professionals first?  That is so unfair to the children.

  • Upvote 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
quiverofdoubt
7 minutes ago, QuiverDance said:

Then how do they have doctors like Paine?  And lawyers like the dad of the guy who reps the ILBP Plaintiffs?  Are they grandfathered in because they were professionals first?  That is so unfair to the children.

gothardism didn't really take hold till the 70's, so I think many came to it in adult hood.  There's lots of variance among ati/gothard families as well- some are like the duggars and super entrenched in the cult.  Others are more fringe riders and allow their kids to attend christian based schools.  Afterall, the cult members need to see doctors, need an occasional lawyer or professional to help them with their businesses etc.  They would much prefer to go to a christian who supports their beliefs over a common heathen. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, MatthewDuggar said:

I'm not sure if his correspondence law classes were on the show or a special, it might have been an article in a magazine or social media.   I seem to recall that the name of the place he was going through was known.  Damn, it's on the tip of my tongue...definitely not accredited...  an online school...

I thought I remembered something about Oak Brook College of Law. Their wikipedia page pretty much sounds like somewhere a Duggar would "go" to college. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oak_Brook_College_of_Law_and_Government_Policy

Link to post
Share on other sites
Coconut Flan

Josh talked about the correspondence law school, but I'm not sure he ever got any farther than that.  Oak Brook is Gothard's online law school.  That's the one Josh would have done if he'd tried.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
QuiverDance

He could never have any real freedom to practice law with a degree like that. His options would be so limited.  I know in my own state, there is an unaccredited law school, which produces some decent attorneys, but they can only ever hope to practice law in this state.  It seems like such a waste of time and money to get such a career-limiting degree.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Boogalou locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.



  • Recent Status Updates

    • HermioneSparrow

      HermioneSparrow

      Please pray for me as I'm battling covid and not doing so well. 
      · 6 replies
    • WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo?

      WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo?

      A happy summer solstice to all northern hemisphere FJers! And a happy winter solstice to all southern hemisphere FJers! (I know it's already Monday is Australia, so I'm late for most of you.)

      ETA--Oh! I just checked, and the winter solstice is at 1:31 PM on Monday, June 21 in Eastern Australia Time. So, for once the time zones worked in my favor. I'm not late!
      · 0 replies
    • Bluebirdbluebell

      Bluebirdbluebell

      I'm so angry at the Bishops right now. Shit like this is why I left the Catholic church. They play politics so blatantly.  I hope this convinces more people to leave. 
      · 0 replies
    • Destiny

      Destiny

      I’m okay. I can do this. 
       
      (I’m not okay.)
      · 6 replies
    • Destiny

      Destiny

      I have an extremely stressful weekend coming up. If you can spare me and the kitties some good thoughts I’d appreciate it. 
      · 1 reply
    • Mrs Ms

      Mrs Ms

      One of my siblings has a work related thing coming up where they get to visit a fundie place. Has promised a detailed rundown of the encounter for me and another sibling via video chat. Not that I am jealous or anything….
      · 1 reply
    • BemusedByFundamentalism

      BemusedByFundamentalism

      My in-laws gifted me a hand crank Singer 127k family piece for my birthday. It's from 1926... whoaaahh I feel so loved! Any tips are welcome 😃
      · 4 replies
    • 47of74

      47of74

      They don't make movies like that anymore....
       
       
      And...oh yeah.  KHAAAANNNNNNNNNNNN!
      · 0 replies
    • HerNameIsBuffy

      HerNameIsBuffy

      My grandmother came from a town in Missouri of (now) population ~14,500 and 8 Baptist churches.  Not counting all the other denominations, that's just the Baptists.  
      MY grandfather came from Drimoleauge, Ireland which has a current population of ~450 people (not a typo) and 1 church and 5 pubs.  
      If I get a time machine take a wild guess which ancestors I'm going back to visit?  I'm not social, don't enjoy bars, and prefer to imbibe at home but sitting in a pub has to be better than being Godbothered to death by people pretending they don't drink.  
      Fun unrelated fact - Martin Luther spent so much time on the toilet he had a desk built so he could work there, and would take meetings while actively pooping.   He also wrote letters to people with vivid descriptions of his poops.   That should make everyone feel a little better about their work place and emails.
      · 2 replies
    • Chocolate Lover

      Chocolate Lover

      Dear FJ ladies of a certain age.  Did you know that joint pain can appear/increase with perimenopause and menopause?  No?  Me neither till my rheumatologist told me yesterday.  It's all down to the fall in (o)estrogen. 
      Looking online, it'll either settle down as your hormones adapt to their new levels OR you're stuck with it!  I don't fancy needing NSAIDs for the rest of my life.
      · 3 replies
  • Recent Blog Entries

×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.