IGNORED

Anna Duggar and the M Kids - Part 5

Coconut Flan

10 hours ago, EmCatlyn said:

I agree that we will know that Josh is back when Anna goes on electronic media again. In another thread I speculate that we may not know for sure when Josh gets out.  He may quietly go back to Arkansas and move into a house with Anna weeks before the public finds out.

I think it'll probably be months before we hear that he's out. When he does resurface, I think that it'll be after he's gotten a job or gone to school; something that makes it seem like he's not a deadbeat dad.

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, DuggarsTheEndIsNear said:

I think it'll probably be months before we hear that he's out. When he does resurface, I think that it'll be after he's gotten a job or gone to school; something that makes it seem like he's not a deadbeat dad.

My bet is that he'll go back to selling used cars for daddy.  

Who would hire him in the outside world with all the scandals associated with him?    

School?   Not unless they have post GED classes at the SOTDT

Just now, MoonFace said:

My bet is that he'll go back to selling used cars for daddy.  

Who would hire him in the outside world with all the scandals associated with him?    

School?   Not unless they have post GED classes at the SOTDT

They sold the lot, as far as I know.

And, a lot of people would hire him. He's not a convicted sex offender (never will be for the crimes he committed as a teenager), and cheating on your spouse is hardly something people don't get hired for. Plus, very few people actually pay attention to the Duggars, which means that very few people will give a rats ass about the scandals, regardless of how upset anyone on here is.

As for school, I actually think they'd do it. They need to make his image one of promise again, and what better way than to say "he's not only being an attentive husband and father now that his rehab is done, but he's getting a degree!"

Well, if he did go to school, I hope it would be a real one, not Clown. I would love to see Josh as a beautician. Pretty quick training if you put your mind to it, and good job opportunities when you're through. Don't know why, but that would make my day. :5624796c41285_DastardlyEviledevil:

Too many opportunities to interact with women. Though it would be amusing. Maybe he could be an oil technician at a place like Mr. Lube, down in the pit away from customers. 

Hell, I wouldn't buy a used car from him.

And I'm betting enough ppl in that town have enough skeletons of their own in the family closet, that they're not going to throw stones at him. JB prob has influence around town & no one wants to cross him.

I can't imagine that they would allow him a mainstream school.   Too much time being spent looking at his shoes (NIKE!)   Can't imagine clown school would want him - too much scandal - unless they want to make an example of how forgiving they are.    Perhaps another correspondence school course?   

I do imagine he's now had some experience with giving 'lube jobs'.   :brainbleach:

Before he was married he was said to be taking correspondence courses to become a lawyer (!)  Perhaps he can pick that back up.  I also think he might go full-force into the fundi-speaking circuit to try and clear his name.

21 minutes ago, TeaGrannie said:

Too many opportunities to interact with women. Though it would be amusing. Maybe he could be an oil technician at a place like Mr. Lube, down in the pit away from customers. 

There are all boys schools.

4 minutes ago, MatthewDuggar said:

Before he was married he was said to be taking correspondence courses to become a lawyer (!)  Perhaps he can pick that back up.  I also think he might go full-force into the fundi-speaking circuit to try and clear his name.

I'm fairly certain that was unaccredited, if it happened at all.

19 minutes ago, MatthewDuggar said:

I don't think that was "classes" he was taking, unless it was Ashley Madison University.

52 minutes ago, TeaGrannie said:

:Bazinga:

4 minutes ago, ksgranola1 said:

I don't think that was "classes" he was taking, unless it was Ashley Madison University.

I think this is referring to one of the specials, not the show. So, very much before AM

11 minutes ago, DuggarsTheEndIsNear said:

I think this is referring to one of the specials, not the show. So, very much before AM

I'm not sure if his correspondence law classes were on the show or a special, it might have been an article in a magazine or social media.   I seem to recall that the name of the place he was going through was known.  Damn, it's on the tip of my tongue...definitely not accredited...  an online school...

44 minutes ago, MatthewDuggar said:

I also think he might go full-force into the fundi-speaking circuit to try and clear his name.

No way.  Nobody in the family – including Jim Bob, Michelle, Jill and Jessa – can get speaking engagements since the child molestations were revealed in May.    

Was Josh doing College Plus? Some of the other kids were. A community college would have been a good alternative, and given them something accredited at the end. Of course, they would have had to have an accountability buddy along.

3 minutes ago, DuggarWatch said:

No way.  Nobody in the family – including Jim Bob, Michelle, Jill and Jessa – can get speaking engagements since the child molestations were revealed in May.    

Well Jessa did speak at the Southern Women's conferences and JB & J'chelle were booking into a future gig at a Canadian Homeschooling conference until complaints forced them out.  I agree that any even partially mainstream organization will stay far away from them.  I'm thinking there must certainly be several ATI-loving fundy church communities that will allow him to speak.

6 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

Was Josh doing College Plus? Some of the other kids were. A community college would have been a good alternative, and given them something accredited at the end. Of course, they would have had to have an accountability buddy along.

That was it - thank you.

Just now, MatthewDuggar said:

Well Jessa did speak at the Southern Women's conferences and JB & J'chelle were booking into a future gig at a Canadian Homeschooling conference until complaints forced them out.  I agree that any even partially mainstream organization will stay far away from them.  I'm thinking there must certainly be several ATI-loving fundy church communities that will allow him to speak.

Jessa was booked before the scandal surfaced in May.  She had a binding contract.  The Southern Women's conference got so much flak for her appearance they had to delete hundreds of negative comments from their Facebook page.  When her contract expired, she was not booked again.

The only places that will book anyone in this family are Gothard organizations, like the ALERT Academy.  

26 minutes ago, DuggarWatch said:

Didn't Jessa go to a speaking engagement during the "Counting On" specials? IIRC Ben and Jessa were on a stage talking. 

4 minutes ago, JasonAldeanMG said:

Didn't Jessa go to a speaking engagement during the "Counting On" specials? IIRC Ben and Jessa were on a stage talking. 

That was the Southern Women's Conference referenced upthread.

Especially with how many supporters he is gaining from the Danica Dillon situation, he will get hired by someone without a doubt. It will be most likely a conservative big shot who feels Josh has been treated unfairly by the media and by the Danica Dillon case. People are out there feeling horrible that his name  has been dragged through the mud and slandered by "the liberals" and "Danica Dillon case", mainly, as Huckabee put it, because of "Christian persecution". "The Liberals have delighted in feasting on this Christian carcass!" I would not be surprised if he joins a business owned by a conservative and eventually becomes a partner. These scandals will be water under the bridge for religious conservatives in 3-5 years, mainly because of the Danica Dillon case. The Danica Dillon case was the best thing that ever happened to Josh because it has made his a** look sweeter than Mother Theresa.

11 minutes ago, luv2laugh said:

Especially with how many supporters he is gaining from the Danica Dillon situation, he will get hired by someone without a doubt. It will be most likely a conservative big shot who feels Josh has been treated unfairly by the media and by the Danica Dillon case. People are out there feeling horrible that his name  has been dragged through the mud and slandered by "the liberals" and "Danica Dillon case", mainly, as Huckabee put it, because of "Christian persecution". "The Liberals have delighted in feasting on this Christian carcass!" I would not be surprised if he joins a business owned by a conservative and eventually becomes a partner.

I don't think so.  This family used to make a ton of money appearing at campaign events for Republicans.  Now, in a presidential election year, nobody wants any of them at a fund raiser.  And, the reason is not the Danica allegations.  The reason is the confirmed sexual molestations within the Duggar family.  That revelation is when the speaking engagements ceased and TLC canceled their reality show.  That's when the public perception became that Josh is a pervert and Jim Bob and Michelle are fraudulent parental role models without real 'family values.'

11 minutes ago, luv2laugh said:

Especially with how many supporters he is gaining from the Danica Dillon situation, he will get hired by someone without a doubt. It will be most likely a conservative big shot who feels Josh has been treated unfairly by the media and by the Danica Dillon case. People are out there feeling horrible that his name  has been dragged through the mud and slandered by "the liberals" and "Danica Dillon case", mainly, as Huckabee put it, because of "Christian persecution". "The Liberals have delighted in feasting on this Christian carcass!" I would not be surprised if he joins a business owned by a conservative and eventually becomes a partner. These scandals will be water under the bridge for religious conservatives in 3-5 years, mainly because of the Danica Dillon case. The Danica Dillon case was the best thing that ever happened to Josh because it has made his a** look sweeter than Mother Theresa.

I wouldn't hire any Duggar in 1 million years.

Especially not Josh or JB.

3 minutes ago, DuggarWatch said:

I don't think so.  This family used to make a ton of money appearing at campaign events for Republicans.  Now, in a presidential election year, nobody wants any of them at a fund raiser.  And, the reason is not the Danica allegations.  The reason is the confirmed sexual molestations within the Duggar family.  That revelation is when the speaking engagements ceased and TLC canceled their reality show.  That's when the public perception became that Josh is a pervert and Jim Bob and Michelle are fraudulent parental role models without real 'family values.'

Unfortunately, judging by the comments on this trending topic, the general public seems to have a lot of sympathy for Josh and completely seems to forget about the molestations.

53 minutes ago, MatthewDuggar said:

I'm not sure if his correspondence law classes were on the show or a special, it might have been an article in a magazine or social media.   I seem to recall that the name of the place he was going through was known.  Damn, it's on the tip of my tongue...definitely not accredited...  an online school...

Lionel Hutz School of Law or the Dewey, Cheatem, and Howe Legal Correspondence School?

16 minutes ago, luv2laugh said:

Wait, there are supporters because of Danica Dillon? I haven't even heard of the two of them outside of this website.

1 minute ago, luv2laugh said:

Unfortunately, judging by the comments on this trending topic, the general public seems to have a lot of sympathy for Josh and completely seems to forget about the molestations.

I'm pretty sure that the general public either didn't know about the molestations or didn't care. The fb and twitter trends were like a blip at best.

• Boogalou locked this topic

Archived