Jump to content
IGNORED

Anna Duggar and the M Kids - Part 5


Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, vienna said:

That  has been the plan for sure. And she already starts to realize that Ben is not the guy she imagined. While I can imagine a good marriage for jill and dill I am sure Jesse and Ben is going to be a sad road of dealing with failed expectations and hopes. 

This is one of the reasons I am starting to think that out of the current crop of kids who are really adults, it may be Jessa that leads the charge and rebellion against Dear Old Dad and his obsession with controlling them and their money. Surprisingly enough (or maybe not, I guess), Jessa's got all the qualities - good and bad - of a leader.  By the time Ben came along, I think Jessa wanted out.  Keeping sweet aside, she seemed sick of being a J'Slave, sick of no freedom, sick of her passive aggressive mom and sick of her overbearing dad, and marriage was her only way to get out from underneath it all. That's why she married a 19-year old, unemployed man that she figured she could control.  Like most immature people who get married so young to get away from their parents and for Teh Secks, she didn't think it all the way through.  

When the reality that she was still trapped dawned on her, Jessa seems to have taken the tools at her disposal and the enjoyment she got out of spewing shit on social media and started basically marketing herself for the only job she knows how to do - be right wing spokesperson/reality TV star.  That girl has been pushing to get herself back on TV and back in the spotlight because she knows that without access to the money and opportunities it affords her, she's never getting off of the compound.  And I give her props for that, even though I thoroughly detest her messages. She's shrewd and smart, even if not educated.    

Sooner or later, I'd lay odds that her ambition to get away is going to butt heads with Jim Bob's need to control everyone and everything around him.  When that happens, my money's on Jessa doing whatever she needs to do to force his hand and make sure that she's in control of her own life, not JB.  

  • Upvote 28
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • DuggarsTheEndIsNear

    52

  • quiverofdoubt

    41

  • ksgranola1

    19

  • Bad Wolf

    18

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I keep thinking about a moment from the episode when Anna was pregnant with Mac and had her first OB appointment.  Like all new patient appointments, the doctor's office asked her to arrive 15 minutes

I would like to think that there are so many other things that need to happen before Josh and Anna have sex (let alone have another child), you know like proper serious conversations about his behavio

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, Hera said:

This is one of the reasons I am starting to think that out of the current crop of kids who are really adults, it may be Jessa that leads the charge and rebellion against Dear Old Dad and his obsession with controlling them and their money. Surprisingly enough (or maybe not, I guess), Jessa's got all the qualities - good and bad - of a leader.  By the time Ben came along, I think Jessa wanted out.  Keeping sweet aside, she seemed sick of being a J'Slave, sick of no freedom, sick of her passive aggressive mom and sick of her overbearing dad, and marriage was her only way to get out from underneath it all. That's why she married a 19-year old, unemployed man that she figured she could control.  Like most immature people who get married so young to get away from their parents and for Teh Secks, she didn't think it all the way through.  

When the reality that she was still trapped dawned on her, Jessa seems to have taken the tools at her disposal and the enjoyment she got out of spewing shit on social media and started basically marketing herself for the only job she knows how to do - be right wing spokesperson/reality TV star.  That girl has been pushing to get herself back on TV and back in the spotlight because she knows that without access to the money and opportunities it affords her, she's never getting off of the compound.  And I give her props for that, even though I thoroughly detest her messages. She's shrewd and smart, even if not educated.    

Sooner or later, I'd lay odds that her ambition to get away is going to butt heads with Jim Bob's need to control everyone and everything around him.  When that happens, my money's on Jessa doing whatever she needs to do to force his hand and make sure that she's in control of her own life, not JB.  

I agree with your views on Jessa's personality. She has it in her to be a leader. Strong willed but for the wrong cause. I had this hopes for her breaking free but not anymore. The reasons why the quiverfull cult works so well is spelled out in 4 letters : Kids. It is one thing to come so far as to even allow yourself the idea that the whole cult thing might not be right, to want a different life. Hard enough for someone who has been trained all life to be a certain person. But to make this decision once you have kids you dearly love? Having to rip them apart from their dad (whom they love) and their entire social structure ? Women will suffer for the sake of their kids. Just like Anna does.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
ksgranola1

I can see Ben becoming restless & encouraging her escape. Together, they might pull it off. JB will pout, throw guilt, threaten; it would take a strong will to overcome all that & I think she's got that. If some big agent came along & offered her IDK; a contract,modeling, acting, shampoo commercials; I think she'd grab it.

Buh-bye, Daddy.

  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
MatthewDuggar
4 minutes ago, ksgranola1 said:

I can see Ben becoming restless & encouraging her escape. Together, they might pull it off. JB will pout, throw guilt, threaten; it would take a strong will to overcome all that & I think she's got that. If some big agent came along & offered her IDK; a contract,modeling, acting, shampoo commercials; I think she'd grab it.

Buh-bye, Daddy.

I agree, but it's probably going to be a while before that happens.  Ben seems too happy living off his allowance for cutting the grass while pretending to be a Christian white-boy rap-star.

  • Upvote 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ksgranola1 said:

I can see Ben becoming restless & encouraging her escape. Together, they might pull it off. JB will pout, throw guilt, threaten; it would take a strong will to overcome all that & I think she's got that. If some big agent came along & offered her IDK; a contract,modeling, acting, shampoo commercials; I think she'd grab it.

Buh-bye, Daddy.

I can see Ben becoming an actor in a christian theater group only because the edgy preacher stint isn't working as he hoped.  JB I think will use them as pawns and they will be used.  He will draw carrots and Jessa not knowing anything else will  compile.  She can't escape and he won't let her whatever she suggests.  I saw it. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, ksgranola1 said:

I can see Ben becoming restless & encouraging her escape. Together, they might pull it off. JB will pout, throw guilt, threaten; it would take a strong will to overcome all that & I think she's got that. If some big agent came along & offered her IDK; a contract,modeling, acting, shampoo commercials; I think she'd grab it.

Buh-bye, Daddy.

Yep. Unlike a lot of fundie men, Ben will follow her lead, and can even be a way for Jessa to outmaneuver JB when it comes to getting her share of the money, and, ultimately their own ministry, show, whatever.  I mean, if Jessa's headship thinks this or that is what they should do, well, she has to follow her headship, right?  And its like you said when we were growing up, Dad, it is all for Jesus, right? When she got married, I figured Jessa was fucked for life, but post-marriage, when I've been able to see her in action, I think she will be alright, now that TLC is back in the picture.  She's beautiful, outspoken, divisive and has drive.  Add drama and TLC will eat it up, even if it's largely behind the scenes at first.  Too bad she only knows how to promote hate.  

  • Upvote 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
CharlieScoop

 

On 1/25/2016 at 10:40 PM, DuggarsTheEndIsNear said:

page 29 has the mandated reporters for Arkansas. But short answer is no. http://www.ndaa.org/pdf/Mandatory%20Reporting%20of%20Child%20Abuse%20and%20Neglect-nov2012.pdf

sorry I think I need to clarify. The earlier discussions on this topic pointed out that their church elders are not clergy people. They're just other parents. And it's likely that the "elder" in question was either Jim Holt or another family friend. 

A clergy member is someone who is ordained in all religious matters. It's evident by the fact that none of the Duggars or Bates had a home wedding officiated by anyone in their home churches that no one in their home churches are ordained. In fact the home church movement doesn't have ordained people within their individual groups. They are part of a larger church for activities that need to be officiated, the purpose of the home church is to "create a close knit community of worship."

Basically to many kids to keep track of. If she would have had so many kids, she would not have been so busy to see what was going on. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
DuggarsTheEndIsNear
1 hour ago, CharlieScoop said:

 

Basically to many kids to keep track of. If she would have had so many kids, she would not have been so busy to see what was going on. 

What? How was that related to my post?

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
CharlieScoop
2 minutes ago, DuggarsTheEndIsNear said:

What? How was that related to my post?

Reading through this and basically knowing how these churches work. Many kids born into 1 family and become slaves for the parents. If you read ^, I am merely commenting on how all the chaos & problems rooted from this family come from to many children. sorry. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
DuggarsTheEndIsNear
7 hours ago, CharlieScoop said:

Reading through this and basically knowing how these churches work. Many kids born into 1 family and become slaves for the parents. If you read ^, I am merely commenting on how all the chaos & problems rooted from this family come from to many children. sorry. 

The comment you responded to was a response to a query about mandatory reporters. I'm not sure how that plays into the chaos/problems of multiple kids. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
nastyhobbitses
On 2/3/2016 at 1:01 AM, nst said:

I can see Ben becoming an actor in a christian theater group only because the edgy preacher stint isn't working as he hoped.  JB I think will use them as pawns and they will be used.  He will draw carrots and Jessa not knowing anything else will  compile.  She can't escape and he won't let her whatever she suggests.  I saw it. 

I could see him trying to use the Duggars' connection to Kirk Cameron to try to launch himself in those "only make money because churches bus their entire congregations to the theatre and buy tickets in bulk" schlocky Christian movies ol' Kirky Boy does. He and Jessa would be like the fundie version of Brangelina.

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3.2.2016 at 2:10 AM, Hera said:

Yep. Unlike a lot of fundie men, Ben will follow her lead, and can even be a way for Jessa to outmaneuver JB when it comes to getting her share of the money, and, ultimately their own ministry, show, whatever.  I mean, if Jessa's headship thinks this or that is what they should do, well, she has to follow her headship, right?  And its like you said when we were growing up, Dad, it is all for Jesus, right? When she got married, I figured Jessa was fucked for life, but post-marriage, when I've been able to see her in action, I think she will be alright, now that TLC is back in the picture.  She's beautiful, outspoken, divisive and has drive.  Add drama and TLC will eat it up, even if it's largely behind the scenes at first.  Too bad she only knows how to promote hate.  

I'm not really sure about that (bolded). Ben seems like a passive-agressive guy who thinks he is superiour, especially to women. And Jessa is being told by her mother that she needs to submit and play fundie helpmeet (remember when Michelle had to tell Jessa how to react when Ben did something "nice" for her). Also: The name Spurgeon seemed to be Ben's idea. I bet Jessa was against it and wanted the name Elliott or Quincy as his first name, I sensed some tension between them before the birth, I bet there were arguments, and Ben used the helplessness of Jessa after the difficult birth to pressure her into "Spurgeon".

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
quiversR4hunting

I have been away from the Duggar threads because they are boring*. I have skimmed the last couple pages of Anna's thread and Josh's almost out of rehab thread, so I am sorry if I didn't go back far enough to find my answer.

Q: Has Anna been spotted lately? The kids? Her IG is very, very quite.

Q: Any word on when Josh will actually get released? (I really miss the aviation thread to see when they have been to Rockford.) Any Josh sightings? (I assume not because I haven't seen that as a topic header.)

Edited by quiversR4hunting
*for clarification - the Duggars are boring not FJers.
  • Upvote 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
Ellimenopy
On 2/3/2016 at 6:49 PM, ksgranola1 said:

I can see Ben becoming restless & encouraging her escape. Together, they might pull it off. JB will pout, throw guilt, threaten; it would take a strong will to overcome all that & I think she's got that. If some big agent came along & offered her IDK; a contract,modeling, acting, shampoo commercials; I think she'd grab it.

Buh-bye, Daddy.

Yeah, I think this is a real possibility but I don't see it going down until they hit their thirties at least. It takes a while to get the self assurance and esteem needed to do this, and Jessa's behind. I still think if she breaks it's going to be the spectacular shit show that we've all secretly hoped for. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, quiversR4hunting said:

I have been away from the Duggar threads because they are boring. I have skimmed the last couple pages of Anna's thread and Josh's almost out of rehab thread, so I am sorry if I didn't go back far enough to find my answer.

Q: Has Anna been spotted lately? The kids? Her IG is very, very quite.

Q: Any word on when Josh will actually get released? (I really miss the aviation thread to see when they have been to Rockford.) Any Josh sightings? (I assume not because I haven't seen that as a topic header.)

I am also surprised he hasn't been released. 

her IG will be back up when Josh is released and she can go on her campaign for sinners equal forgiveness- more riveting- pictures of crosses with Josh as Jesus 

calling it 

  • Upvote 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Ellimenopy said:

Yeah, I think this is a real possibility but I don't see it going down until they hit their thirties at least. It takes a while to get the self assurance and esteem needed to do this, and Jessa's behind. I still think if she breaks it's going to be the spectacular shit show that we've all secretly hoped for. 

agree - Ben is only 20 - can imagine if thinks his folks made mistakes in his not so distant past - and just figured them out - they who knows the articles he will reveal when he is 30 - get ready for a shitstorm in 2026 :D 

Link to post
Share on other sites
DuggarsTheEndIsNear
43 minutes ago, quiversR4hunting said:

I have been away from the Duggar threads because they are boring*. I have skimmed the last couple pages of Anna's thread and Josh's almost out of rehab thread, so I am sorry if I didn't go back far enough to find my answer.

Q: Has Anna been spotted lately? The kids? Her IG is very, very quite.

Q: Any word on when Josh will actually get released? (I really miss the aviation thread to see when they have been to Rockford.) Any Josh sightings? (I assume not because I haven't seen that as a topic header.)

As far as I know, there has been no spotting of her or her kids outside of the specials.

As for Josh, I remember early in the discovery of his "rehab" program, someone figured out that it's a 6 month program. So, he shouldn't be out yet unless he's getting special privileges (or he never went).

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
JenniferJuniper
8 minutes ago, DuggarsTheEndIsNear said:

As far as I know, there has been no spotting of her or her kids outside of the specials.

As for Josh, I remember early in the discovery of his "rehab" program, someone figured out that it's a 6 month program. So, he shouldn't be out yet unless he's getting special privileges (or he never went).

Most people are out by 6 months; they don't necessarily stay the full 6 months.

I think its a fair guess that Josh is getting special privileges though.  He may even get the privilege to stay in hiding there longer than 6 months....

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2manyKidzzz

I thinnk he had to have gone to the rehab place for Jesus, because if not someone would certainly have seen him and taken a picture. I guess....

It is all so strange, if you think about it. He should be set free to go and behave as he wishes. Poor Anna, whom I really do like, and the Mkids who are sweet and innocent. If only she had studied some bookkeeping, or anything at all. Business, dental assistant. Whatever. But they can't do that in the Gothard world. Can they. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
quiversR4hunting
15 minutes ago, DuggarsTheEndIsNear said:

As far as I know, there has been no spotting of her or her kids outside of the specials.

As for Josh, I remember early in the discovery of his "rehab" program, someone figured out that it's a 6 month program. So, he shouldn't be out yet unless he's getting special privileges (or he never went).

I thought it had been 6 months. Looks like he went in about Aug 26. So at the end of this month we may hear from him. @nst good call on the IG account, when Josh gets out her IG account should start back up since then she (Anna) will be under proper headship again. :8U:

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
Gossamer1
On 2/1/2016 at 7:08 PM, ChickenettiLuvr said:

Personally, I'm waiting for TLC and Smuggarville to announce the new episodes ... "Picking up the Pieces."
Whether that means mending the marriage ...or Joshley tries to resume picking up pieces of tail ....remains to be seen.

Thanks for the laugh!

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
MoonFace
On 1/23/2016 at 10:01 PM, Dandruff said:

Sorry - can't get that quote off here and this has nothing to do with what Dandruff said!

.     I can see the new series:


X Scandals and Counting!    

  • Upvote 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
LittleSpouseOnThePrairie

Things Id prefer not return to television: Josh, JimBob, Michelle.

I don't want them to have another soundstage to continue justifying mistakes and explaining away their faults. I personally felt annoyed that they were given the opportunity to rehash joshgate 1.0 on television again in Counting On, and I was surprised that so much screentime was given to Joshgate 2.0. I admit it was interesting to hear from the siblings and Anna, but it just seemed like they were pained and reluctant to talk openly... And I'd hate for the vibe of a new show to just be more on how they are all coping and moving on from scandal. Even worse would be awkwardly pretending like nothing ever happened. If the Duggars go back on tv, they have to realize it will just never be the same as before, right? 

 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
EmCatlyn
14 hours ago, nst said:

I am also surprised he hasn't been released. 

her IG will be back up when Josh is released and she can go on her campaign for sinners equal forgiveness- more riveting- pictures of crosses with Josh as Jesus 

calling it 

I agree that we will know that Josh is back when Anna goes on electronic media again. In another thread I speculate that we may not know for sure when Josh gets out.  He may quietly go back to Arkansas and move into a house with Anna weeks before the public finds out.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Sweet Fellowship
2 hours ago, EmCatlyn said:

I agree that we will know that Josh is back when Anna goes on electronic media again. In another thread I speculate that we may not know for sure when Josh gets out.  He may quietly go back to Arkansas and move into a house with Anna weeks before the public finds out.

I think this will be attempted. JB will try to quietly have Josh and Anna settle somewhere until any announcement is made.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Boogalou locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.



  • Recent Status Updates

    • HermioneSparrow

      HermioneSparrow

      Please pray for me as I'm battling covid and not doing so well. 
      · 6 replies
    • WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo?

      WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo?

      A happy summer solstice to all northern hemisphere FJers! And a happy winter solstice to all southern hemisphere FJers! (I know it's already Monday is Australia, so I'm late for most of you.)

      ETA--Oh! I just checked, and the winter solstice is at 1:31 PM on Monday, June 21 in Eastern Australia Time. So, for once the time zones worked in my favor. I'm not late!
      · 0 replies
    • Bluebirdbluebell

      Bluebirdbluebell

      I'm so angry at the Bishops right now. Shit like this is why I left the Catholic church. They play politics so blatantly.  I hope this convinces more people to leave. 
      · 0 replies
    • Destiny

      Destiny

      I’m okay. I can do this. 
       
      (I’m not okay.)
      · 6 replies
    • Destiny

      Destiny

      I have an extremely stressful weekend coming up. If you can spare me and the kitties some good thoughts I’d appreciate it. 
      · 1 reply
    • Mrs Ms

      Mrs Ms

      One of my siblings has a work related thing coming up where they get to visit a fundie place. Has promised a detailed rundown of the encounter for me and another sibling via video chat. Not that I am jealous or anything….
      · 1 reply
    • BemusedByFundamentalism

      BemusedByFundamentalism

      My in-laws gifted me a hand crank Singer 127k family piece for my birthday. It's from 1926... whoaaahh I feel so loved! Any tips are welcome 😃
      · 4 replies
    • 47of74

      47of74

      They don't make movies like that anymore....
       
       
      And...oh yeah.  KHAAAANNNNNNNNNNNN!
      · 0 replies
    • HerNameIsBuffy

      HerNameIsBuffy

      My grandmother came from a town in Missouri of (now) population ~14,500 and 8 Baptist churches.  Not counting all the other denominations, that's just the Baptists.  
      MY grandfather came from Drimoleauge, Ireland which has a current population of ~450 people (not a typo) and 1 church and 5 pubs.  
      If I get a time machine take a wild guess which ancestors I'm going back to visit?  I'm not social, don't enjoy bars, and prefer to imbibe at home but sitting in a pub has to be better than being Godbothered to death by people pretending they don't drink.  
      Fun unrelated fact - Martin Luther spent so much time on the toilet he had a desk built so he could work there, and would take meetings while actively pooping.   He also wrote letters to people with vivid descriptions of his poops.   That should make everyone feel a little better about their work place and emails.
      · 2 replies
    • Chocolate Lover

      Chocolate Lover

      Dear FJ ladies of a certain age.  Did you know that joint pain can appear/increase with perimenopause and menopause?  No?  Me neither till my rheumatologist told me yesterday.  It's all down to the fall in (o)estrogen. 
      Looking online, it'll either settle down as your hormones adapt to their new levels OR you're stuck with it!  I don't fancy needing NSAIDs for the rest of my life.
      · 3 replies
  • Recent Blog Entries

×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.