IGNORED

Anna Duggar and the M Kids - Part 5

Coconut Flan

7 minutes ago, DuggarsTheEndIsNear said:

Lol my college had a party week once a year and they'd always get at least 1 bounce house and 2 or 3 bouncy slides. They were always a huge hit. 

I got to go on one of those bouncy/blow up obstacle courses last year. It was so much fun! We raced through the thing and tumbled and fell and crashed. It was great. I wish they set those up during final exams week every semester haha. 

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, MakeItSo said:

I got to go on one of those bouncy/blow up obstacle courses last year. It was so much fun! We raced through the thing and tumbled and fell and crashed. It was great. I wish they set those up during final exams week every semester haha. 

Ours was 2 weeks before finals -- close enough to be a stress relief but far enough away that people weren't murdered for being obnoxious asshole drunks. Lol

Psssh, they don't do anything for their current kids. The treehouse is totally for future kids. "Have lots of grandbabies and live nearby so they can enjoy this lovely godly treehouse."

Fortunately, the current kids will enjoy most of the benefit. But I don't think the current kids are in JB and Mechelle's mind for it (though they probably are for others imvolved)

On 1/25/2016 at 4:35 PM, quiverofdoubt said:

I know their actual house has hidey holes and the like, but most are only big enough for very small children, and again, mostly for the cameras and the big kids are never really allowed out of sight. Especially not when they have visitors over, and a teen duggar could sneak off with a teen from a different family.

They do have those reading-lofts (I think they called them) above each children's dorm. A couple of kids were shown waving from the girl's one in the "moving in"-special, I think it was.
We've never seen any footage from there, so I always figured it was like an "I really don't want to be filmed today"-place.

9 minutes ago, DuggarsTheEndIsNear said:

Maybe it's for her reborn collection. 

my money is on JBoob's hairspray storage.

3 hours ago, ksgranola1 said:

It's Josh & Anna's new place.

Nah. It's too easy to sneak away from a treehouse. They're going to put him in a maximum security prison cell in one of their warehouses. 

4 hours ago, ksgranola1 said:

It's Josh & Anna's new place.

I can see them hauling up Meredith with some sort of pulley system. Maybe a fireman's pole to slide doen so they can quickly answer a summons from the TTH:tw_tounge_wink:

Popping back in to catch up on everyone.  Which reminds me -- before Thanksgiving my DH actually agreed to take me/go with me to visit that horrible RU place.  Said we'd make a little weekend road trip of it, if I really wanted to go.  When the supposition began that Josh had been sprung or relocated, I said "Thanks, but no thanks."  After New Year's a week or two, we actually had to be near the area for personal business.  And he offered again.

I told him I'd have to get my frumper look together to visit that church, and explained that meant a skirt.  And DH was quite excited that I'd wear my above-the-knee skirts in wintry weather.  I had to disappoint him and explain what the frumper outfit must look like.  And he asked why I'd spend $$ on ugly clothes I'd never wear again. 

Anyhoo .... how much longer will Joshley be an inmate at rehab?  Really don't wanna spend the time & effort if his greasy mug isn't there.  BUT - would have been fun to be there on visitation weekend and get a twofer...

Personally, I'm waiting for TLC and Smuggarville to announce the new episodes ... "Picking up the Pieces."
Whether that means mending the marriage ...or Joshley tries to resume picking up pieces of tail ....remains to be seen.

On 1/24/2016 at 0:11 PM, nokidsmom said:

To the bolded: this is very key.  Joshley has had a taste of freedom, being able to make choices, albeit unwise ones, without anyone looking over him, no accountability partners, not even to his wife.  I have serious doubts that he's going to last long under his father's thumb which he will no doubt be once he's released from his "rehab".  I suspect JB is not going to take chances on his former golden child messing up again, he's probably doubtful that even he has the full truth of Joshley's escapades, so he's going to watch him like a hawk for some time, maybe forever.    Joshley may come out of RU or wherever he's been holed up a supposedly changed man, but having had his taste of freedom especially as he did while in DC, he's going to chafe under his father's control pretty fast.  The genie is out of that particular bottle.  

My prediction is that Joshley will eventually leave Anna, not the other way around.  Most likely by messing up again only next time he might just bolt when caught rather than go through Jesus Jail and face down the wrath of his dad (again). 

So true. Duggar children are expected to grow up in one day: their wedding. 

On the day they're married they 

* Move away from hope for the first time

* Have their very first one-on-one relationship with a nonfamily member of the opposite gender

* Have their first kiss

* Have sex for the first time

* Live in their own home

* Start having kids. 

That isn't over a course of 10 years. Its in one day. When you go from toddler to father in one day, it's not surprising he's irresponsible and his life is a mess. All the Duggar kids, even the married grown up ones seem very childlike in many ways. They don't have the personal responsibility and independence you get from being a grown independent person with your own thoughts and interests. 

@TheSilverTongue 

"Move away from hope for the first time"

Typo?  I'd think they're maybe moving to hope for the first time, at least I'm still holding out for a few of them.

6 minutes ago, Mothership said:

@TheSilverTongue 

"Move away from hope for the first time"

Typo?  I'd think they're maybe moving to hope for the first time, at least I'm still holding out for a few of them.

Oops. I meant home. That was pretty morbid. 

Maybe they are moving away from hope. In the TTH they had hope of a Prince Charming and living happily ever after. Instead they got a wanderer and a pretend pastor. After the excitement of sex wears off, it must be a bit of a let down.

4 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

Maybe they are moving away from hope. In the TTH they had hope of a Prince Charming and living happily ever after. Instead they got a wanderer and a pretend pastor. After the excitement of sex wears off, it must be a bit of a let down.

Ah, but what did they imagine when they thought of Prince Charming?  A preacher with his own show? 

5 minutes ago, EmCatlyn said:

Ah, but what did they imagine when they thought of Prince Charming?  A preacher with his own show? 

I think Jessa imagines that if the show gets rebooted, it will be a launching pad for Ben's preaching career, and he'll be one of those "Young, Restless, and Reformed" megachurch pastors, while she gets to be "first lady" of the church and be the high school mean girl she was never allowed to be as a real teenager.

2 hours ago, Cleopatra7 said:

I think Jessa imagines that if the show gets rebooted, it will be a launching pad for Ben's preaching career, and he'll be one of those "Young, Restless, and Reformed" megachurch pastors, while she gets to be "first lady" of the church and be the high school mean girl she was never allowed to be as a real teenager.

So maybe Ben could be Prince Charming if we give him a chance?  (Too bad that the fairy godmother isn't around to give him charm --or Oz to give him brains.):kitty-wink:

8 hours ago, Cleopatra7 said:

and that is why Ben has the biggest grin - because he gets the life he signed up for instead of the deadbeat life 

On January 25, 2016 at 6:34 AM, quiverofdoubt said:

For one thing, I don't think he's truly believed it for a long time. He just got a long to get along, until he could start exploring the real world.  The gothard stuff didn't start till after mchelles miscarriage with his younger sibling, and probably didn't start in earnest till he was school age. They went down the rabbit hole slowly. So he has memories of non ati/non worship booklet life for one.  And like someone else said, they are not prepared for real life in any way. They have no internal self control or self discipline. Every form of discipline those kids know is external; from their parents or church. Once they are no longer under lock and key they have to follow all the rules on their own, because they want to, because it's intrinsically motivating to them.  Once Josh entered the real world and stopped having to follow mommy and daddy's rules, he no longer had a moral compass. None of those children are given a real moral compass: just "jesus" for everything. They have no sense of right and wrong, of how to treat others, or that others even deserve respect.  If he was no longer getting punished or praised for pleasing or displeasing Jesus, and never really believed the hogwash his parents were teaching, then no choices he made really mattered.  He could just please himself, which is all that ever really intrinsically motivated josh.

This really made me think. I have been trying to figure out how they can claim to be examples for jesus but are total assholes to people not like them. Since it seems that they equate their value and self worth to belief in Jesus, it kind of explains how they can be so unloving and hateful to people who don't believe what they do. Know Jesus, know worth. No Jesus, no worth.

11 hours ago, Cleopatra7 said:

That  has been the plan for sure. And she already starts to realize that Ben is not the guy she imagined. While I can imagine a good marriage for jill and dill I am sure Jesse and Ben is going to be a sad road of dealing with failed expectations and hopes. 

@vienna I completely agree. I think Jessa will start to regret her choice in a husband, if she hasn't already. I think Jessa is the one who would have loved to be married and get out from under her parents' thumb. Instead, she married someone who cannot, or will not, provide for his family, which keeps her stuck in Duggarland. I think at some point Derrick will feel the same way once he realizes he has given over his life to Jim Bob. At some point the gravy train will end and he will be back working as an accountant with ten undereducated kids and a wife who cannot talk about anything other than the Bible and what her father thinks.

Interestingly, I think Ben and Jill could be perfectly happy with it all. Ben doesn't have to work while pontificating on things he knows nothing about and Jill gets to be the submissive, yet secretly in control, wife. 

• Boogalou locked this topic

Archived