IGNORED

Anna Duggar and the M Kids - Part 5

Coconut Flan

Thank you both. Seems to me to be a huge loophole in the system. ANY adult that knows of abuse should be a mandated reporter. *shrug*

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Although, one has to wonder how much the church elders knew at the time, as well. I know the claim from the letter to Oprah was that they knew everything. But, I don't know if they really did. I mean, did JB and Josh tell them that Josh inappropriately touched girls including his sisters and detail the ways right down to skin on skin contact, or was it "Josh has been tempted by girls, including his sisters, but the touch was minimal."

15 hours ago, quiverofdoubt said:

I have no doubt TLC payed for it, and for them that's a negligible cost.  But I've been researching. There are essentially two types of treehouses- the diy, mom and pop fort style, which i'm sure is what they're going for and 2) the professional, you can live in it house.  The lowest pricing I could find for the professionals to come in and build a stellar house was 3,000- and that includes supplies.  Other than an article about a cool tree house built for 300$, and yahoo answers that said a diy tree house generally costs 150-300 in lumber, I couldn't find what people usually pay for a diy treehouse.  So I hit the lowes site to price out lumber.  

If this tree house is cedar, and the highest quality fancy boards out there, than maybe, maybe i can see spending that much for a mega tree house.  However, if they purchased run of the mill spruce, pine, or fir, which is a lot more duggar style, than 3,000 could have easily bought them 1700 boards.  I'm leaving 500 off for hardware stuff.  THAT is a big tree house.  I kind of want to see this monster they are building for 3500.  Because you can easily build a normal sized kids treehouse fort for a few hundred bucks, if your labor is free.

They may have bought three or four times the lumber they need so that they can have a "real" treehouse built by a professional and two or three in-progress tree houses for different scenes representing each stage of the building. (I know this is done in cooking shows.)

Or maybe they will be making a forest of tree houses so each of the Littles can have his or her own. ;)

17 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

When Josh went to DC, he was seen wearing shorts, along with the boys. Anna and Mack, of course, were still in dresses. I remember JB saying that they didn't wear shorts, because Jebus, and they ran a race in a movie in jeans.

A small break away from daddy's teaching, but lighting didn't strike. Although, the AM account started when he was still in AR, so scratch that idea. I don't know why he strayed so far from his teaching. I wonder if he does. Doubt that he'd be able to explore that at RU.

For one thing, I don't think he's truly believed it for a long time. He just got a long to get along, until he could start exploring the real world.  The gothard stuff didn't start till after mchelles miscarriage with his younger sibling, and probably didn't start in earnest till he was school age. They went down the rabbit hole slowly. So he has memories of non ati/non worship booklet life for one.  And like someone else said, they are not prepared for real life in any way. They have no internal self control or self discipline. Every form of discipline those kids know is external; from their parents or church. Once they are no longer under lock and key they have to follow all the rules on their own, because they want to, because it's intrinsically motivating to them.  Once Josh entered the real world and stopped having to follow mommy and daddy's rules, he no longer had a moral compass. None of those children are given a real moral compass: just "jesus" for everything. They have no sense of right and wrong, of how to treat others, or that others even deserve respect.  If he was no longer getting punished or praised for pleasing or displeasing Jesus, and never really believed the hogwash his parents were teaching, then no choices he made really mattered.  He could just please himself, which is all that ever really intrinsically motivated josh.

Since the boys & girls are never allowed to be alone together, according to JB, then how are they going to work a treehouse. Boys on M,W & Fri, girls t, th & Saturday? And if there is NO such arrangement, then we know it's all bullshit.

I wish they would show us, after all these years, how they cook for a large family. I mean really cook say,  2 giant meatloaves, fresh carrots & 5lbs of potatoes for mashing. They own a peeler just like I have, it would knock off a 5# bag of potatoes in a flash. I was reading the "Do they ever really cook" thread and there are so many ways they could save. Like making their own spaghetti sauce & canning it. They have all the equipment. A package of frozen carrots to feed 4 would run about 2.69. If they bought fresh carrots, over a year, they would save hundreds. Some fresh vegetables are ridiculously expensive but there are ways to save there. Remember the article about the show they put on for M&JB? The girls didn't even know how to buy a steak. It must have been chuck. Very sad.

41 minutes ago, ksgranola1 said:

Since the boys & girls are never allowed to be alone together, according to JB, then how are they going to work a treehouse. Boys on M,W & Fri, girls t, th & Saturday? And if there is NO such arrangement, then we know it's all bullshit.

I wish they would show us, after all these years, how they cook for a large family. I mean really cook say,  2 giant meatloaves, fresh carrots & 5lbs of potatoes for mashing. They own a peeler just like I have, it would knock off a 5# bag of potatoes in a flash. I was reading the "Do they ever really cook" thread and there are so many ways they could save. Like making their own spaghetti sauce & canning it. They have all the equipment. A package of frozen carrots to feed 4 would run about 2.69. If they bought fresh carrots, over a year, they would save hundreds. Some fresh vegetables are ridiculously expensive but there are ways to save there. Remember the article about the show they put on for M&JB? The girls didn't even know how to buy a steak. It must have been chuck. Very sad.

Unless there is only one girl and one boy working on the treehouse, I'm not sure what your argument is. 

43 minutes ago, ksgranola1 said:

They will be surrounded by film crew, with parents over seeing. After that, the houses may or may not ever get finished (like the fruit trees, vege garden and many other tlc inspired plot lines).  And my guess is these won't be complete tree houses, more like platforms with rope ladders and such. A true tree house with walls and privacy would make jb way too itchy, who knows what could go on in there.  I know their actual house has hidey holes and the like, but most are only big enough for very small children, and again, mostly for the cameras and the big kids are never really allowed out of sight. Especially not when they have visitors over, and a teen duggar could sneak off with a teen from a different family.

22 hours ago, picklepizzas said:

did we ever have a confirmed timeline on that? i know it was listed with the  AR address, but maybe he didn't want to give his real address and used the old one instead. maybe with a credit card that he never updated the address on, just in case 

The earliest reported Ashley Madison account activity for Joshley was February of 2013.  I couldn't recall when, exactly, Josh dragged Anna and the M kids to DC, but the Washington Post has a story from June 2013 announcing the hiring.  And we know they moved very soon after Marcus was born, and his birthday is 6/2/2013.  So, it stands to reason, that Josh was working the Ashley Madison angle for months before they left Arkansas.

Regarding the chatter a few pages back about Anna looking older, I don't necessarily think she looks older, but her obvious weight loss has thinned her face, which makes her look less childlike.  A less extreme version of what I've seen happen to folks who have had weight loss surgery, or otherwise lost a ton of weight--as their faces thin, their wrinkles show a bit more, and they may not look as youthful.

2 hours ago, NeverAFundie said:

Regarding the chatter a few pages back about Anna looking older, I don't necessarily think she looks older, but her obvious weight loss has thinned her face, which makes her look less childlike.  A less extreme version of what I've seen happen to folks who have had weight loss surgery, or otherwise lost a ton of weight--as their faces thin, their wrinkles show a bit more, and they may not look as youthful.

That, plus she has a much better hairstyle, got her teeth straightened and dresses a bit more classier.  

On 24/01/2016 at 8:50 AM, quiverofdoubt said:

don't forget the sex shack for jb and m.  If the tree's a rockin, don't come a knockin.

but in all seriousness, i doubt they will allow them to be full houses. platforms, maybe with a roof. They would never allow that much privacy, where private talks between sibs, or shenanigans could take place, would they? JB and m demand a lot of control over their children's personal lives.

Or they could just do what the did in the TTH - put CCTV cameras up...

29 minutes ago, Kittikatz said:

Or they could just do what the did in the TTH - put CCTV cameras up...

Shudder.  As if the total lack of any privacy and the intrusiveness of a reality show wasn't bad enough for the kids.

On ‎1‎/‎20‎/‎2016 at 10:52 AM, Kate11 said:

Just imagine Anna saying, "Old Testament law says the consequence of adultery is stoning, so that's why I have this bag of rocks."

LOLOL!:my_biggrin:

Well clearly this rag mag isn't getting their speculation from FJ :)

"Josh must feel like he’s the luckiest man on earth. Not only does he reportedly have a new baby on the way, but his wife has also forgiven him for betraying her."

This has already been discussed several times in this thread.

Are they "building" this treehouse in anticipation for future (and current) grandchildren?

After all, the youngest Duggar immediate family member is 6...

23 minutes ago, CorruptionInc. said:

Are they "building" this treehouse in anticipation for future (and current) grandchildren?

After all, the youngest Duggar immediate family member is 6...

I'm pretty sure the prime age for treehouse use is 8-12. There are plenty of current kids who can use that. 

3 minutes ago, DuggarsTheEndIsNear said:

I'm pretty sure the prime age for treehouse use is 8-12. There are plenty of current kids who can use that. 

I'll be done with university soon and *I* would get lots of use out of a treehouse myself! I could hide in it and read books etc. Sounds awesome!

Just now, MakeItSo said:

I'll be done with university soon and *I* would get lots of use out of a treehouse myself! I could hide in it and read books etc. Sounds awesome!

Truth! When I get my own house one day, I'm totally building myself a treehouse. My future kids will have to build their own or bribe me if they want to have treehouse privileges. 

46 minutes ago, DuggarsTheEndIsNear said:

Truth! When I get my own house one day, I'm totally building myself a treehouse. My future kids will have to build their own or bribe me if they want to have treehouse privileges. 

haha yes! one of my buddies just celebrated his 25th birthday last weekend and he rented a giant bouncy castle thing. I have never seen so many university aged "kids" go nuts and have fun. I thought I was the only one who gets excited about those, or ball pits, or treehouses haha :) y

50 minutes ago, MakeItSo said:

haha yes! one of my buddies just celebrated his 25th birthday last weekend and he rented a giant bouncy castle thing. I have never seen so many university aged "kids" go nuts and have fun. I thought I was the only one who gets excited about those, or ball pits, or treehouses haha :) y

Lol my college had a party week once a year and they'd always get at least 1 bounce house and 2 or 3 bouncy slides. They were always a huge hit. 

• Boogalou locked this topic

Archived