IGNORED

Anna Duggar and the M Kids - Part 5

Coconut Flan

56 minutes ago, MrsYoungie said:

Has Josh been tested for STDs?  If I were Anna, I wouldn't be welcoming him until he had passed a strict physical.  Or does she even know about STDs?  Is that topic covered in the SOTDRT?

I feel like I remember Michelle saying some about diseases when they were talking about why their kids have such strict courtships....  

I may be wrong but I can here her voice saying it...?

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Because everyone knows you can catch horrible things if you hold hands before you're engaged. Especially if you try to sneak by holding hands during prayers.

15 hours ago, LovelyLuna said:

Guys this isn’t real rehab, Is a Jesus rehab. I’m sure they got the green light after the first 45 days, or whatever, and was aloud visitors.  They could have everyone stand on their head for ten minuets everyday and call it therapy. 

EXACTLY! This isn't anything like a legitimate rehab place. In real treatment, they'd be expecting Josh to own his choices, they'd examine his earlier life and make him reexamine some of his attitudes and there would probably be counseling for Anna where somebody would tell Anna "This isn't your fault. These were your husband's choices. You have every right to feel whatever you want, and it is NORMAL to feel hurt and even angry from such a betrayal".

JB would never send Josh to a legitimate rehab because the counselors might shine a light on how messed up the cult he grew up in is, and Josh and Anna might actually start doing some critical thinking with their own brains for a change.

16 hours ago, Loki said:

Can we have 'there's no salvation in masturbation' as a post count please?! Also it rhymes nicely, hats off to Vixen Toast!

:Yes:

1 hour ago, MyMilkshake said:

JB would never send Josh to a legitimate rehab because the counselors might shine a light on how messed up the cult he grew up in is, and Josh and Anna might actually start doing some critical thinking with their own brains for a change.

Just as JB and J'celle didn't get proper help for their son when he confessed to molesting.   Real counseling would have not just involved Josh but the entire family and no way would JB abide being told that he was wrong.  Or having his kids possibly get a clue that things were fucked up.   I really do think that was at the heart of it.  I suspect deep down many family members know that something is not right within their wonderful Christian family.

I don't believe anything on Inquisitr since I saw a writer there using Facebook group fans as inside sources for articles about another reality show. 

6 hours ago, MrsYoungie said:

Has Josh been tested for STDs?  If I were Anna, I wouldn't be welcoming him until he had passed a strict physical.  Or does she even know about STDs?  Is that topic covered in the SOTDRT?

Another "family insider" on some tabloid report (back in October, I think) claimed that Anna had been tested for STDs.  Assuming that is true, I would guess Josh was tested also.

But who knows the truth? The "family insider" quotes are particularly unreliable.

There are either a whole bunch of "family insiders" out there who are pathological liars or some/all of the "family insiders" are figments of the tabloid writers' imagination.

As it is the Inquisitr, I'll hold out for a considerably more reliable source.   The "family insider" for the tabloids is such a low bar.  The author him/herself could be considered a "family insider" because they write so often about the family.   

Sadly, that probably makes all of us here at FJ, family insiders!

:special-snowflake1:

2 minutes ago, Mothership said:

As it is the Inquisitr, I'll hold out for a considerably more reliable source.   The "family insider" for the tabloids is such a low bar.  The author him/herself could be considered a "family insider" because they write so often about the family.   

We're probably better at speculating.

I wonder if RU requires/gave Josh a physical when he entered the facility? I know, I know.....I am thinking of a "real" medical rehab facility with real doctors/therapists/counselors. Oh wait.....silly me......the elders at RU are eminently qualified to assess and treat real medical problems with help from above.

5 hours ago, Mothership said:

Well, grandmaduggar was already used as a "family insider" back with the Jana/Tim Tebow thing (I think that's the one they quoted her in).

Well, grandmaduggar was already used as a "family insider" back with the Jana/Tim Tebow thing (I think that's the one they quoted her in).

OMG I remember that. It was hilarious. Moral of the story: don't confuse real names with screen names unless you want to look like a fool.

I would like to think that there are so many other things that need to happen before Josh and Anna have sex (let alone have another child), you know like proper serious conversations about his behaviour and their marriage and trust and respect.

I would like to think that he seriously didn't expect that she'd rock up after months apart and expect her to lie back and think of Arkansas.

I would like to think that he could put her needs first and accept that sex is off the table for as long as she says so.

I would like to think they are getting proper couples counselling (and not of the "follow your headship" variety)

I would like to think that she isn't being conditioned by his parents (and her parents) to think that somehow it must be her fault and she must forgive him and continue with the marriage because that is what 'God' wants.

I would like to think that she isn't going to stay with him because of the vows she said when he's already broken his.

I would like to think she isn't drowning in KoolAid.

I would like to think that she is going to take the kids, run and never look back.

I would like to think that.......... but I don't.

While I originally hoped Anna would run from the marriage when the scandal broke, after a time I realised it was quite unlikely and in some ways, I could understand her staying put with her circumstances in life. But the thought of her and Josh getting back to baby making business again kinda shocked me, and had me wondering just how much kool aid is that poor girl drinking!

I am sure it was part of his so called 'counselling' and treatment to get back with Anna, and not extra martial affairs again.

I hope Anna is not pregnant yet, or anytime soon. One baby for now is enough - a baby Josh has had very little time knowing or interacting with. And the real work in fixing their marriage will start when is he home again living with her and kids. No need to bring more kids into this, until the mess is fixed. If only ...

The only reason I think this issue has merit is that we know from the past that Anna is "crazee for babeez". So I can totally see her using her conjugal visit with Josh to try for that redemption baby.

What Doesn't ring true is the "think she's pregnant" part. This is the family who starts pregnancy testing the day after they have sex, after all. She either knows she's pregnant, or she doesn't. There is no think. 

Had the article said, "hope she's pregnant", I could have bought that.

On 1/17/2016 at 6:39 PM, Loki said:

The Inqisitr quotes Anna as saying that she "believes the baby to be a sign that god has forgiven Josh for his many sins " as though their god hasn't got enough to do, what with natural disasters, wars etc, it must be nice to feel that important! 

So, if she didn't get pregnant is that a sign that God didn't forgive him and it's ok to kick his ass to the curb? 

Anna has made a few trips up to see him right? (or at least it seems as though she's been there more than once?) I'm on the "sex could be part of treatment" train, I wouldn't be surprised if part of his whole "treatment" is to learn to redirect his desires and accept the fact that Godly babies will come and there's nothing he's should ever try to do about it.  As far as there being yet another curtain climber...eh.  If she isn't now...she will be before long. 

Thinking it over, I feel Anna deserves some privacy on this one. Unless she comes out with the news herself, I find it slightly creepy to discuss the details of what she and Josh may have done during her visits. What if she was never intimate with him and is not planning on it any time soon? But the whole world assumes that they know what you did and where and when, and think you're nuts for it?

I would be so embarassed.

It is bad enough when you leave your wedding party and every one is silently speculating about what you are going to do the following hours. This is worse. 

11 minutes ago, foreign fundie said:

Thinking it over, I feel Anna deserves some privacy on this one. Unless she comes out with the news herself, I find it slightly creepy to discuss the details of what she and Josh may have done during her visits. What if she was never intimate with him and is not planning on it any time soon? But the whole world assumes that they know what you did and where and when, and think you're nuts for it?

I just don't see that as a realistic possibility, given everything we know about the cult, and the fact that she has made it very clear that she's staying in it.

They're the ones shouting from the hilltops about how a wife always being sexually available to her husband regardless of her feelings is the One True Way to do things, so all that's being done here is people are taking her at her word.

...and don't forget her statement that being w/him was "the happiest 3 days of my life."

Gag.

A lot of people have a great deal of sympathy for Anna.

People are quick to defend her and explain all the circumstances in her life that lead her to the unfortunate situation that she is in.

While I do have some serious empathy for her pubic humiliation and personal heartbreak I also believe in a healthy dose of personal responsibility.

I really hope that there is no baby.

While she had no control over her asshole husbands choices and she has every right in the world to deal with him as she sees fit, including forgiving him she is also a Mother.

At some point her responsibility reverts to that role, and in my opinion that includes raising her children in a happy, heathy home.

Sorry but I think that a Quiverfull philosophy does not bode well for the children. It just creates another generation of young ladies sent out into domestic servitude roles. At some point her upbringing and marriage are no longer good enough excuses  to continue to have children at a heady pace.

All the other dead eyed quivering stepford wives are fair game and if she continues to try to create her own team of intolerant, homeschooled, excessively sheltered mega family then my sympathy meter runs empty.

3 hours ago, Catey said:

A lot of people have a great deal of sympathy for Anna.

People are quick to defend her and explain all the circumstances in her life that lead her to the unfortunate situation that she is in.

While I do have some serious empathy for her pubic humiliation and personal heartbreak I also believe in a healthy dose of personal responsibility.

I really hope that there is no baby.

While she had no control over her asshole husbands choices and she has every right in the world to deal with him as she sees fit, including forgiving him she is also a Mother.

At some point her responsibility reverts to that role, and in my opinion that includes raising her children in a happy, heathy home.

Sorry but I think that a Quiverfull philosophy does not bode well for the children. It just creates another generation of young ladies sent out into domestic servitude roles. At some point her upbringing and marriage are no longer good enough excuses  to continue to have children at a heady pace.

All the other dead eyed quivering stepford wives are fair game and if she continues to try to create her own team of intolerant, homeschooled, excessively sheltered mega family then my sympathy meter runs empty.

I think it's unfair to really decide one way or the other how Anna's life overall will pan out from this point. Even if she takes Josh back and there's no future sex scandal, it doesn't mean her life is forever going to revolve around him. All of us here are lucky. We were either raised outside the cult or were exposed to people who helped lead them out of the cult. Anna is in a situation right now where she could very well have been ready to leave the cult, but the outside world pushed her towards her parents and in-laws because her personal life is considered a public matter since she was on a reality TV show. Sure, she has family that wants her out of the cult, but they put her on the defensive and added to the public humiliation. Anna probably looks at her life and sees two options right now: live in the folds of the cult and passively accept it despite the shit she's gone through, or leave and have to actively fight against everyone in her view of the world either attacking her or invading her privacy even more. 

At this point in her life, Anna needs privacy, and the best she can get is being with her parents or in-laws. She isn't like most people, where she can leave and only those closest to her will care. She's a "public figure," which waived her right to the privacy she needs. 

Unfortunately, being forced to stay within the cult will likely result in her suppressing her anger and pain, "choosing" to continue being the "perfect wife." But, it could also result in resentment. Resentment is a powerful emotion. It might not seem powerful in the short term, but the longer it festers, the more it'll impact. It's very possible that, in a few years time when we've all moved on from the Duggars, Anna decides to say "fuck it all," grab her kids and flee (rather like Katie Holmes). 

I hope, for Anna's sake, that if she does leave, it'll be at a point when the press doesn't care so much about the Duggars. Otherwise, I can see them driving her to a Britney Spears 2007 type breakdown. Anna doesn't have ANY of the skills necessary to really deal with the press outside of being a fluff piece. Even during these scandals, she's been sheltered and protected. If they swarmed her and/or her kids, I can see it being even more damaging than her remaining in the cult. 

JB and Michelle really screwed everyone in that family over when they decided to do the show, even if it did save them financially. 

I feel like these stories were probably put out by the duggars/media to get the public used to the idea of Anna getting pregnant again while Josh is away, or soon after his return. Without getting people used to the idea first, no doubt there would be a strong negative reaction. This is probably just to avoid future negative publicity.

9 hours ago, ksgranola1 said:

...and don't forget her statement that being w/him was "the happiest 3 days of my life."

Gag.

Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't this another tabloid quote from 'a source close to the family'?

10 hours ago, Coy Koi said:

I just don't see that as a realistic possibility, given everything we know about the cult, and the fact that she has made it very clear that she's staying in it.

They're the ones shouting from the hilltops about how a wife always being sexually available to her husband regardless of her feelings is the One True Way to do things, so all that's being done here is people are taking her at her word.

I know they don't deserve privacy based on how they chose to put marital sex on the agenda. I am pleading on grounds of common descretion. It is just such a dark and sad situation.

When they married and spoke about the great sex they would have, of course people speculated. Then at least  the context was positive. A young naive couple going for it and expecting great things. Now there is a betrayed and humiliated young mum visiting her creepy husband in fundie prison while the world is watching her plane and wondering if they did some more succesful victim-making. If I was in her place it would make me too embaressed to even go.

3 hours ago, Ofglen said:

I feel like these stories were probably put out by the duggars/media to get the public used to the idea of Anna getting pregnant again while Josh is away, or soon after his return. Without getting people used to the idea first, no doubt there would be a strong negative reaction. This is probably just to avoid future negative publicity.

I could see this as a possibility. We are being groomed to get used to a level of creepiness that people would not have though possible five months ago.

Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't this another tabloid quote from 'a source close to the family'?

I believe she said it in one of the 3 specials. The Duggars, for all their modesty & faining purity, do not seem the least bit embarrassed by sex or talk of it. Example; the mini golf humping. The chart of M'lle's cycle on the fridge; no doubt "disappearing" in the middle of the day. Telling the engaged daughters to "always be available." ick.

I wonder what they're going to say when we have a woman president.

• Boogalou locked this topic

Archived