IGNORED

People are putting balls of herbs into their vaginas to ‘detox’ their wombs

doggie

1 minute ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Hilariously, these are the top ten trending words on Urban Dictionary right now:

Well then perhaps our work here is done?  :pb_lol:

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Whoosh said:

Well then perhaps our work here is done?  :pb_lol:

Just another day doing the Lord's work here on FJ! :my_angel:

On January 17, 2016 at 0:40 AM, bea said:

1 hour ago, elliha said:

It's called cleaning and means that the man pulls the foreskin up and washes his penis like he washes other parts of his body. I live in a country were almost all men are intact, it is not very complicated. I on the other hand have never had sex with someone without foreskin. 

There's a woman in my class who's a very crunchy, home birth-obsessed, anti-medical establishment type. Unsurprisingly, she's also very anti-circumcision. So we had a urology lecture recently in which the doctor said circumcision isn't necessary for good hygiene, but it is necessary that you teach toddler boys to pull up and clean the foreskin as part of potty training. She got all offended and claimed she heard that by potty-training age, the foreskin would have apoptosed sufficiently on its own to the point that pulling it back isn't necessary! :pb_rollseyes:

As an aside, I find it kind of annoying when people say the vagina is self-cleaning. I mean, technically it is and so is the rest of the body, but we still bathe because our bodies' self-cleaning properties aren't enough to keep us from getting gross. A little water never hurt anyone. 

6 minutes ago, herpderp said:

As an aside, I find it kind of annoying when people say the vagina is self-cleaning. I mean, technically it is and so is the rest of the body, but we still bathe because our bodies' self-cleaning properties aren't enough to keep us from getting gross. A little water never hurt anyone. 

It might be better to say "self-regulating" - generally, not messing with your vagina too much is the best option. 

9 hours ago, SilverBeach said:

Intact penises do require extra care to prevent secretions from accumulating and possibly causing odor. I am 60 and have never seen an intact penis, not that I've seen so many, ha-ha. I also do not see foreskin cleaning commercials every time I watch TV like I do for vaginal douches, vaginal sprays, etc. Not familiar with the labia size issue, not sure I want to be. IMO vaginas  get the brunt of the obsession.

Intact penises require no more care than intact vulvas. Yes, vulvas need to be cleaned, but I don't hear too many Americans saying we need to cut the labia off to make it easier or to eliminate the "extra" care involved with removing the secretions. Instead, we just browbeat women into buying assorted sprays, douches, deodorants, creams, etc. to "cover up" their natural scent, which is generally inoffensive anyway, as long as no infection is present (and if you have an infection, you don't need sprays, etc. but a doctor).

Americans have a twisted relationship with and perverse view of sex/genitals. 

22 minutes ago, herpderp said:

There's a woman in my class who's a very crunchy, home birth-obsessed, anti-medical establishment type. Unsurprisingly, she's also very anti-circumcision. So we had a urology lecture recently in which the doctor said circumcision isn't necessary for good hygiene, but it is necessary that you teach toddler boys to pull up and clean the foreskin as part of potty training. She got all offended and claimed she heard that by potty-training age, the foreskin would have apoptosed sufficiently on its own to the point that pulling it back isn't necessary! :pb_rollseyes:

Toddler boys aren't necessarily retracting on their own yet -- the foreskin can stay fused to the glans until 10 or so. Forcibly retracting it while it is still fused can cause more harm than good. http://www.kidshealth.org.nz/foreskin-care

I'd really like to hear from a man that was circumcised as an adult to hear his take on the pros/cons. I've seen lots of arguments about it, never heard from a sexually active adult in any of them. I feel like that's really the only way to answer the moral(?) questions involved. Although I don't suppose I'll find that person here. If that applies to anyone's husband, maybe ask? If it doesn't make me seem too much like Lori Alexander 

41 minutes ago, Mrsaztx said:

I'd really like to hear from a man that was circumcised as an adult to hear his take on the pros/cons. I've seen lots of arguments about it, never heard from a sexually active adult in any of them. I feel like that's really the only way to answer the moral(?) questions involved. Although I don't suppose I'll find that person here. If that applies to anyone's husband, maybe ask? If it doesn't make me seem too much like Lori Alexander 

I know someone. He seems pretty neutral about it. He said it really hurt afterwards and was a pain to take care of during the healing process, but he's not unhappy with it. 

ETA - he was a teenager

I knew a guy once who got a cut on his foreskin that was breaking open with every erection (so every day at least once, as he was in his early 20s). He seemed pretty terrified at the prospect of having to get circumcised, but we lost touch soon after. I have no idea if he had to get it done or not. Other than my nephews (and my son's before it was removed), his is the only foreskin I've seen. They look a bit strange to me, though I imagine that's simply due to exposure, not because it is weird in any way. 

5 hours ago, polecat said:

Intact penises require no more care than intact vulvas. Yes, vulvas need to be cleaned, but I don't hear too many Americans saying we need to cut the labia off to make it easier or to eliminate the "extra" care involved with removing the secretions. Instead, we just browbeat women into buying assorted sprays, douches, deodorants, creams, etc. to "cover up" their natural scent, which is generally inoffensive anyway, as long as no infection is present (and if you have an infection, you don't need sprays, etc. but a doctor).

Americans have a twisted relationship with and perverse view of sex/genitals. 

Toddler boys aren't necessarily retracting on their own yet -- the foreskin can stay fused to the glans until 10 or so. Forcibly retracting it while it is still fused can cause more harm than good. http://www.kidshealth.org.nz/foreskin-care

Google "smegma". I don't think labia are comparable to the foreskin. Otherwise, you are saying exactly what I am saying about vaginal sprays and the like.  They are unnecessary. And, the solution to smegma is simple soap and water, not a drugstore product. I used the term " extra attention" because circumsised men do not need to pull back the foreskin to clean under it to prevent the buildup of smegma. I really hope I am being clear, no more kerfuffles please! Not saying anything is wrong with an uncircumcised man! 

7 hours ago, elliha said:

It's called cleaning and means that the man pulls the foreskin up and washes his penis like he washes other parts of his body. I live in a country were almost all men are intact, it is not very complicated. I on the other hand have never had sex with someone without foreskin. 

That's all it is, cleaning. Circumcisions were routine here, so what we both have experienced was appropriate for our cultures. I will say it again but not in caps lest someone think I'm screaming: there absolutely nothing wrong with an intact penis, a circumsised penis is no better than am intact one and I did not say or imply such a thing. They are just different.

I always though I was a pretty good writer and communicator, but I've been apologizing and explaining a lot today. It is giving me a complex. Anybody out there afraid of posting because of fear of being misunderstood? I see why people just lurk.

Circumcision rates in the US have gone down quite a bit, so the younger crowd will encounter intact penises much more often. If you're a relatively recent parent, you probably know this, but for others, the AAP now recommends against routine circumcision as the benefits do not outweigh the risks. Among the recent moms I know, the only ones who have circumcised their sons did so for religious reasons.

On the mom forums, a few years ago, it seemed to trend that the less educated parents were still convinced that circumcision would save their son from a lifetime of other boys/men running in horror in locker rooms, or that it was very important for fathers and sons to have matching penises. That, however, is anecdata. I haven't looked at any real studies on the subject recently.

10 hours ago, polecat said:

Yup! Some boys retract very early, some are not retractable until puberty. A parent should not retract it, the boy who can feel if it hurts or not is the one to do it. A little boy normally just cleans the outside and even if he is retractable early they produce much less smegma than an adult so even if it can be moved it usually doesn't have to be done until puberty. It is the same with women, most start having more discharge around puberty as well.

3 hours ago, CrazyCatLady said:

Never seen an intact penis IRL..

They look very wrinkly when "hanging down"... ;-) I don't care much for their looks in either form but I don't find female genitalia good-looking either.

6 hours ago, SoybeanQueen said:

Circumcision rates in the US have gone down quite a bit, so the younger crowd will encounter intact penises much more often. If you're a relatively recent parent, you probably know this, but for others, the AAP now recommends against routine circumcision as the benefits do not outweigh the risks. Among the recent moms I know, the only ones who have circumcised their sons did so for religious reasons.

On the contrary, the AAP's most recent guidelines in 2012 strengthened its support of circumcision. The official position is that the benefits do indeed outweigh the risks, but not enough that parents should be encouraged to circumcise their sons. The CDC corroborated these findings in its 2014 guidelines. 

https://www.healthline.com/health-news/cdc-encourages-circumcision-120314#4

7 hours ago, SoybeanQueen said:

On the mom forums, a few years ago, it seemed to trend that the less educated parents were still convinced that circumcision would save their son from a lifetime of other boys/men running in horror in locker rooms, or that it was very important for fathers and sons to have matching penises. That, however, is anecdata. I haven't looked at any real studies on the subject recently.

My son is 6.  When he was born, I did not want to circumcise but was not extremely anti.  My ex husband, however, absolutely insisted upon it.  I didn't understand it, but I deferred to him on the decision.  I wonder how many other US mothers find themselves in similar disagreements with their partners.  I don't think it has harmed my son to be circumcised, but then again, it's not my wiener, and I still feel kind of guilty.  

10 hours ago, CrazyCatLady said:

Never seen an intact penis IRL..

When erect, there's not that much visible difference because the foreskin pulls back away from the glans although it can look a bit like an elephant trunk with the extra skin. There IS a noticeable difference during intercourse, however, and they definitely look different with the glans completely covered when not erect. 

On 1/16/2016 at 1:21 PM, 47of74 said:

They probably do but it doesn't stop people from trying.  They've found

(You're welcome)

Having been a cop for ten years...I don't even want to tell you how true these links are. Seen it. Seen it WAY WAY WAY too much. So... So glad I want in corrections. Pulling things out of peoples orrifices was never part of my  description.... I'm perfectly okay that the worst I ever had to do was hang out with what was left off someone who died with thier heater on... Months later. 

14 hours ago, SilverBeach said:

Google "smegma". I don't think labia are comparable to the foreskin. Otherwise, you are saying exactly what I am saying about vaginal sprays and the like.  They are unnecessary. And, the solution to smegma is simple soap and water, not a drugstore product. I used the term " extra attention" because circumsised men do not need to pull back the foreskin to clean under it to prevent the buildup of smegma. I really hope I am being clear, no more kerfuffles please! Not saying anything is wrong with an uncircumcised man! 

Kerfuffles? I'm sorry -- could you clarify what I said that came off as bitchy or aggressive? It wasn't intended. I was just addressing the common misconception that intact men are somehow less clean than those who are circumcised. Women get smegma, too, in between the folds of their labia and around the clitoral hood. It's a buildup of natural secretions and is easy to avoid with good hygiene in both women and men. So sure, intact men may be more likely to get smegma than circumcised men, but by that measure, I'd guess that intact women are also more likely to get smegma than circumcised women (shudder, and no, I'm not comparing female circumcision with male circumcision -- just the smegma, such a lovely word) and so require "extra attention." 

I don't care how others feel about sex with an intact man. My philosophy is "your body, your business." 

2 hours ago, Redandbluenights said:

Having been a cop for ten years...I don't even want to tell you how true these links are. Seen it. Seen it WAY WAY WAY too much. So... So glad I want in corrections. Pulling things out of peoples orrifices was never part of my  description.... I'm perfectly okay that the worst I ever had to do was hang out with what was left off someone who died with thier heater on... Months later. 

One of my first motions to suppress was a trafficking meth case where the narcotics were recovered by EMS... She had on a sundress with no pockets, she made use of her own. 

31 minutes ago, polecat said:

Kerfuffles? I'm sorry -- could you clarify what I said that came off as bitchy or aggressive? It wasn't intended. I was just addressing the common misconception that intact men are somehow less clean than those who are circumcised. Women get smegma, too, in between the folds of their labia and around the clitoral hood. It's a buildup of natural secretions and is easy to avoid with good hygiene in both women and men. So sure, intact men may be more likely to get smegma than circumcised men, but by that measure, I'd guess that intact women are also more likely to get smegma than circumcised women (shudder, and no, I'm not comparing female circumcision with male circumcision -- just the smegma, such a lovely word) and so require "extra attention." 

I don't care how others feel about sex with an intact man. My philosophy is "your body, your business." 

Yesterday was a bad day for me. I felt some kind of way about the first sentence of your post that I responded to.  It's OK. Just semantics really. Sometimes words read differently and feel differently to different people, obscuring the writers intent.

Smegma...such an inelegant word. I never meant to imply that intact men are less clean. I have some..er...folds that I must take "extra effort" to clean. I am just as clean as anyone else, but I have to carefully wash these fat folds. So an intact man washes under the foreskin. No big deal. And yes, the  labia should be washed too, or secretions will build up there too. We are not disagreeing about anything here.

I never commented about sex with an intact man. Circumcision was so common in my age group that I never had the opportunity. 

I don't think we are saying different things. It's interesting that circumcision practices are changing. I only have a daughter so no experience with this.

I hope I have explained myself adequately.

2 minutes ago, SilverBeach said:

Yesterday was a bad day for me. I felt some kind of way about the first sentence of your post that I responded to.  It's OK. Just semantics really. Sometimes words read differently and feel differently to different people, obscuring the writers intent.

Smegma...such an inelegant word. I never meant to imply that intact men are less clean. I have some..er...folds that I must take "extra effort" to clean. I am just as clean as anyone else, but I have to carefully wash these fat folds. So an intact man washes under the foreskin. No big deal. And yes, the  labia should be washed too, or secretions will build up there too. We are not disagreeing about anything her.

I never commented about sex with an intact man. Circumcision was so common in my age group that I never had the opportunity. 

I don't think we are saying different things. It's interesting that circumcision practices are changing. I only have a daughter so no experience with this.

No, we're definitely not disagreeing. :)

3 hours ago, QuiverDance said:

My son is 6.  When he was born, I did not want to circumcise but was not extremely anti.  My ex husband, however, absolutely insisted upon it.  I didn't understand it, but I deferred to him on the decision.  I wonder how many other US mothers find themselves in similar disagreements with their partners.  I don't think it has harmed my son to be circumcised, but then again, it's not my wiener, and I still feel kind of guilty.  

My son is 7. When the dr bought it up I actually never thought about it. I asked my husband if he care either way, asked the doctor if he felt strongly either way, both said no, so he is intact.

On 1/18/2016 at 5:28 PM, Mrsaztx said:

At my high school all the students had laptops and they had really crude site blocks in place (once we were doing a nutrition worksheet and no one could finish it because we were unable to look up the nutritional facts for "grilled chicken breast"), in the particularly boring classes there were always students that would see how many things they could come up with to yield a dirty image on Google. These included things like "Prince Albert", the aforementioned "head shot" and various other phrases of that ilk. Who googles "breast" looking for dirty images anyway, site blocker? Come on. 

Ha, my coworker and I used to play a game where we'd do a google image search of a completely innocent word and count how many pages it took before the images were pornographic. Fun times. It was never very many pages, no matter what you googled.

On 1/20/2016 at 10:46 PM, Catey said:

You mean the Babypod.

Music is life people!

http://www.babypod.net/en/

Well that is just trampy.

:naughty:

I was pregnant just 4 years ago and we put the headphones on my belly to play music for the babies. Guess we were doing it wrong.

On 1/20/2016 at 7:45 AM, SilverBeach said:

Intact penises do require extra care to prevent secretions from accumulating and possibly causing odor. I am 60 and have never seen an intact penis, not that I've seen so many, ha-ha. I also do not see foreskin cleaning commercials every time I watch TV like I do for vaginal douches, vaginal sprays, etc. Not familiar with the labia size issue, not sure I want to be. IMO vaginas  get the brunt of the obsession.

Perhaps that is something that comes after puberty, but we were told that you clean a penis like you clean a finger. In 4 years I have never done anything but wipe it with a washcloth while I bathe my guys and they are just fine. But, they are just 4 years old. Thinking about it, the docs told us that when the foreskin is retractable and the kid is older, mild soap and warm water is all you need. No special cleaning necessary, like there is no need to clean inside your vagina! Clean your exteriors only people.

4 hours ago, herpderp said:

On the contrary, the AAP's most recent guidelines in 2012 strengthened its support of circumcision. The official position is that the benefits do indeed outweigh the risks, but not enough that parents should be encouraged to circumcise their sons. The CDC corroborated these findings in its 2014 guidelines. 

https://www.healthline.com/health-news/cdc-encourages-circumcision-120314#4

I find this one funny because to me it's like an appendix. It doesn't really do much, but I'm not getting rid of it without a reason to. I can't help it, but whenever I see someone changing a diaper of a circ-ed kid, I feel bad for them. I never, ever say anything of course. My brother and his wife are having a baby boy and I'm actually anxious about whether or not they will circ, it seems insane to me. But again, I would never, ever say anything to them. Won't even ask about it.

Archived