IGNORED

People are putting balls of herbs into their vaginas to ‘detox’ their wombs

doggie

5 minutes ago, Cleopatra7 said:

the reactions to the Cleveland Steamer suggest that many people, even the sexually adventurous, have their limits

Not overly faint of heart, even dealt with the eww factor of stage one of Steaming, however stage 2 just gutted me.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, HeLa1 said:

Apart from the absurdity of these herbal pearls, one can actually make an organized study of essential oils (EOs).  The components in most of them are from certain chemical families and their biochemical properties are known.  So if you're wanting to make a counter spray with good anti microbial properties look for the ones with the component molecular structures that do that.  

It works the same way with scent and cosmetic properties.  There are biochemists who are working on generating and publishing these data.  

From a pharmaceutical standpoint however, data are very limited at this time.  That there could be an EO that could be validated in double blind clinical trials is plausible, based on the component biochemistry.  At that time for that purpose it would be called a medicine.  Until then the use of EOs can be a pleasant diversion and quality of life enhancement if done safely.

@HeLa1,  I just have to tell you that I love your screen name.

When I was born, the internet was blossoming. Two girls, one cup was the internet sensation when I was in upper elementary school. I have nothing to add, just that as a mid-90's baby, nothing in this topic has given me a reason to purchase brain bleach. My generation is too far gone for that. :kitty-shifty:

Seriously, y'all. Those...umm...after pictures are fake. They look like cut up latex and dental floss soaked with lotion and jelly. Those pictures don't even look remotely real.

Not only yuck and WTF!! Did you see the prices for these things?  $158-$420 for Endrometriosis, $135-$360 for Oviarian Cysts, $75-$180 for Monthly maintenance. Who pays that?  I wouldn't even accept payment of eleventy thousand dollars to stick one of those up my finger-hut, let alone pay someone to do it myself.

In all seriousness, though, I think the fact that these things are even being offered is a symptom of a bigger problem; patriarchal ideals telling us our vaginas are inherently disgusting, that we need to use douches, creams, all this shit on our vaginas. When THEY ARE SELF CLEANING, and putting products in them is actually more likely to fuck with your reproductive system.

And I have no patience for quacks who sell people this shit. Even seemingly harmless stuff (like homeopathy) are conning people out of their money and discouraging them from seeking real medical help from the evil "western" evidence-based medicine. 

I don't think these are all for cleaning the vagina, many seem to be aimed at actual gynecologic problems. Which is even worse! Endometriosis can completely disable women, it can cause a woman's organs to grow together, it can wreak havoc inside the body. I have friends who have undergone multiple surgeries, culminating in hysterectomies, for endometriosis. They need a real doctor, or even a team of doctors, who specialize in this disease, not a ball of herbs they bought from Etsy. Same thing with ovarian cysts, which can be cancerous. No amount of herbs stuffed up your hoo-ha is going to help with that.

And if you act right now, there's a Martin Luther King Day sale going on. Because he marched and preached and died for pricy, pointless, and dangerous womb bombs.

That site infuriates me. I know way more than I ever wanted to about endometriosis and uterine cysts, and also about the joys of chronic pelvic inflammatory disease (which would be one likely result of letting veggies rot in your vagina for a few days a month). This stuff is not trivial, and these dimwits are likely to get sued, with reason, for the consequences of their products.

Holy crap. I just went to the website that sells these things, and they're looking for distributors. I think this might be a multi level marketing company. Cannot. Stop. Laughing.

Also, they don't seem to have a disclaimer on their site. I poked around pretty extensively, did not find anything. They are just asking to be sued, in my opinion.

10 hours ago, RosyDaisy said:

Seriously, y'all. Those...umm...after pictures are fake. They look like cut up latex and dental floss soaked with lotion and jelly. Those pictures don't even look remotely real.

I don't know if those particular chunks are real, but I've seen very similar things come out of abscesses on many occasions, considering these things would, at least, likely lead to a wicked yeast infection, I could see them being real, a body does create those chunks when fighting off infections. Again, though, the smell. I can't get over what this smell must be like. It's mind boggling. 

@bea, are you saying you don't want to be a part of this? Why not? You could throw a party with all your closest friends, serve warm cheese Dips, tapioca, fondue, etc. then you'd bust out these photos of diseased vaginas and their refuse. your parties would be the talk of the town! You could get on Facebook looking for people to be your down line, and speak graphically about what you're doing. I see no downside

11 minutes ago, Mrsaztx said:

@bea, are you saying you don't want to be a part of this? Why not? You could throw a party with all your closest friends, serve warm cheese Dips, tapioca, fondue, etc. then you'd bust out these photos of diseased vaginas and their refuse. your parties would be the talk of the town! You could get on Facebook looking for people to be your down line, and speak graphically about what you're doing. I see no downside

I would like to take this moment to register my displeasure at the missing vomiting emoji. :brainbleach: :sci-fi-beamup:

@daisyd681 sorry, perhaps I should've put that behind a spoiler tag. "Spoiler: this will ruin everything. It will ruin Facebook, parties, delicious dips, friendships, probably just don't click on it"

11 hours ago, Skellington said:

When I was born, the internet was blossoming. Two girls, one cup was the internet sensation when I was in upper elementary school. I have nothing to add, just that as a mid-90's baby, nothing in this topic has given me a reason to purchase brain bleach. My generation is too far gone for that. :kitty-shifty:

And I feel really old...

36 minutes ago, nausicaa25 said:

And I feel really old...

I remember the reaction videos. And "The Scary Maze Game" where you went through a maze and, on something like the 3rd or 4th level, Regan from The Exorcist's face appeared- and the reaction videos for that too...

14 hours ago, ShepherdontheRock said:

In all seriousness, though, I think the fact that these things are even being offered is a symptom of a bigger problem; patriarchal ideals telling us our vaginas are inherently disgusting, that we need to use douches, creams, all this shit on our vaginas. When THEY ARE SELF CLEANING, and putting products in them is actually more likely to fuck with your reproductive system.

And I have no patience for quacks who sell people this shit. Even seemingly harmless stuff (like homeopathy) are conning people out of their money and discouraging them from seeking real medical help from the evil "western" evidence-based medicine. 

It seems like many, if not most, of these quack gynecological cures are being peddled by women, not men though. The Alternet article posted upthread noted that many men like the scent of vaginas in their natural state, and aren't interested in crazy douches or soaps that try to mask it. The people who most strictly police gender norms tend to be people of that gender themselves, and in this case, it's women telling other women that their vaginas are gross. It reminds me of a really old episode of Law and Order, where a female quack was on trial for hawking a fake breast cancer treatment, and the female DA was reluctant to prosecute, because she sympathized with women who wanted a cure that wouldn't be debilitating or disfiguring, and the male DA flat out told her that she wouldn't be so forgiving if a male doctor was selling the same snake oil and women were dying from it.

I have read parts of this thread to Mr. D. He told me that if a man doesn't like the smell, he may not be straight. The Lysol thing grossed him out. It should NOT smell lemon fresh. :pb_lol:

20 minutes ago, daisyd681 said:

I have read parts of this thread to Mr. D. He told me that if a man doesn't like the smell, he may not be straight. The Lysol thing grossed him out. It should NOT smell lemon fresh. :pb_lol:

Regular Lysol doesn't smell "lemon fresh".  It smells like phenol or at least it used to.  Lysol in the UK still contains clorophenol and in the US, the active ingredient is benzalkonium chloride.  There are formulations of Lysol that do smell lemon fresh though.

On 1/16/2016 at 5:06 PM, Loveday said:

I've learned so many new words for my lady parts today! :pb_smile:

Those old Lysol ads always make me cringe. Lysol. So named because there was LYE in it.

Gaahh.

I cannot imagine that it was deemed OK at any time in history to put Lysol, which is used to clean floors and toilets, into the vagina. Appalling. Penises are not viewed as dirty the way vaginas are. Women waste so much money on cleaning and fragrance products for their vaginas, none of which are necessary. Cotton underwater, and regular hygiene with mild soap and water is all that is needed for optimal vaginal health. Any smelly, copious discharges need to be evaluated by a health professional and not seen as evidence of a dirty vagina.

Rant over/off soapbox

29 minutes ago, SilverBeach said:

Penises are not viewed as dirty the way vaginas are. Women waste so much money on cleaning and fragrance products for their vaginas, none of which are necessary.

Back in the 70s I saw a drugstore product display advertising Foul Ball (I kid you not), a male hygiene product that came in several scented flavors. I remember one was called Cocky Lime.

Evidently it didn't catch on.

1 hour ago, doggie said:

if my wife's Hoo ha smelled like pumpkin pie I would run away.

Really? Seems like an overreaction. I mean if it were Bumble berry pie I would understand the revulsion, but Pumpkin seems rather benign...

:pb_lol: 

2 hours ago, Catey said:

Really? Seems like an overreaction. I mean if it were Bumble berry pie I would understand the revulsion, but Pumpkin seems rather benign...

:pb_lol: 

better then shoo fly pie

3 hours ago, SilverBeach said:

I cannot imagine that it was deemed OK at any time in history to put Lysol, which is used to clean floors and toilets, into the vagina. Appalling. Penises are not viewed as dirty the way vaginas are. Women waste so much money on cleaning and fragrance products for their vaginas, none of which are necessary. Cotton underwater, and regular hygiene with mild soap and water is all that is needed for optimal vaginal health. Any smelly, copious discharges need to be evaluated by a health professional and not seen as evidence of a dirty vagina.

Rant over/off soapbox

Oh, I think the US has plenty of issues with penises, too, depending on the "variety." I've heard an awful lot of particularly nasty comments re: intact penises -- there is an idea that removing the foreskin makes a penis "cleaner" and that intact penises are foul, smelly things. Then there's the whole obsession with pubic hair and labia size. It seems to me that Americans have serious issues with genitals in their natural states. 

*sigh*

8 minutes ago, Catey said:

Oh there is lots of Junk shaming going on..

Fading Labia?

http://www.amazon.com/My-New-Pink-Button-Bettie/dp/B002P0ST1K/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top?ie=UTF8#customerReviews

Best Product Reviews EVER

41o++Y2s-VL.jpg

My jaw is on the floor. I didn't even know this was a thing. There are so many layers of what the fuckery :my_sick:

Archived