IGNORED

People are putting balls of herbs into their vaginas to ‘detox’ their wombs

doggie

essential oils can and do serve a purpose, for instance, compounds in eucalyptus oil and thyme oil are the active ingredients in Listerine, and PineSol uses diluted pine oil. the problem is that very rarely you will see essential oils with "FOR EXTERNAL USE ONLY" labels or instructions on how to dilute properly. also the industry is barely regulated, which makes matters so much worse.

anyways, don't soak your tampons in tea tree oil.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why do these homeopathic remedies always seem ridiculous?  Yup, shove a bundle of herbs up your vag and hold it in there for a few days. Here are some awful pictures to prove it works. 

After reading about the Lysol, my lady parts burn just thinking about it. 

nope-cat.jpg

3 hours ago, dpndetfarm said:

madturkey.jpg

rofl.gif

rofl.gif

rofl.gif

On 1/16/2016 at 10:53 AM, DarkAnts said:

Reminds me of the old Lysol adds. 

Reveal hidden contents

enhanced-buzz-21963-1378811765-1.jpg

Love that it starts off with a huge dose of shame. "Husband not interested lately? Don't blame him, it's probably YOUR FAULT!!!!" 

My first initial thought when I saw this on Facebook was that it was some sort of herbal tea or toxin. This looks so scary to stick into your nether regions.

1 hour ago, twinmama said:

Love that it starts off with a huge dose of shame. "Husband not interested lately? Don't blame him, it's probably YOUR FAULT!!!!" 

Could have been written by Lori Alexander herself!  

35 minutes ago, twinmama said:

I like how that particular ad for Lysol mentions "dainty" or "daintiness" no less than 3 times!  " Charm" and "dainty" were words frequently seen in magazine ads during WW II for feminine hygiene products and deodorants. Meds tampons (10 for 19 cents) had a "dainty" applicator, Mum and Arrid deodorants protected a girl's charm and wouldn't rot dresses or men's shirts. Kotex was perfect for those "trying" or "problem" days.  Many feminine hygiene products did offer an informative booklet though.  All a girl would need to do is send in a self-addressed stamped envelope -business sized, with a 3 cent stamp!  There is also an ad for the book Women's Personal Hygiene by Leona W Chambers who invented the first menstrual cup.  I wouldn't quite trust this ad for Adieu all-vegetable hair remover as far as it being "so safe that a baby can eat it".

"The more women at work, the sooner we'll win the war!"

Actually, every bottle of essential oil I have states on the label "not to be taken internally" at the very least.  You can guess that I don't buy DoTerra or Young Living stuff.

I may be wrong but wasn't the lysol douche a sort of "On the sly" contraceptive or home abortionethod like douching with "soapy water."

I heard that douchingwith coca cola after sex would work as a contraceptive when I was in jr high in the 70s and that rumor had to come from somewhere 

Btw the girl who told me this got pregnant freshman year

Actually, every bottle of essential oil I have states on the label "not to be taken internally" at the very least.  You can guess that I don't buy DoTerra or Young Living stuff.

yeah, I'm pretty sure Aura Cacia, NOW, and Whole Foods have a "for external use only" label, or something along those lines on the bottle. you know, the brands that are sold in stores and not by your next-door neighbor.

21 minutes ago, salex said:

I may be wrong but wasn't the lysol douche a sort of "On the sly" contraceptive or home abortionethod like douching with "soapy water."

I heard that douchingwith coca cola after sex would work as a contraceptive when I was in jr high in the 70s and that rumor had to come from somewhere 

Btw the girl who told me this got pregnant freshman year

This is why I am so thankful for my 7th grade Family Studies (home ec + sex ed) teacher. She seemed all prim and proper, but she seemed to know about any sex act, no matter how obscure or debauched (I'm pretty sure she just read Urban Dictionary, the Kama Sutra, and The Joy of Sex in case any smart alecks in class tried to ask her what Doggy Style or a Cleveland Steamer was, which they frequently did), made tables showing the pros and cons of different forms of contraception, and gave us a huge list of things that are NOT contraception and will NOT stop you from getting pregnant or getting an STD. The Coke one you mentioned was on there with a big note that said that it will probably give you a nasty yeast infection. No one in my class got pregnant (as far as I know; they may very well have been getting abortions left and right).

31 minutes ago, nastyhobbitses said:

This is why I am so thankful for my 7th grade Family Studies (home ec + sex ed) teacher. She seemed all prim and proper, but she seemed to know about any sex act, no matter how obscure or debauched (I'm pretty sure she just read Urban Dictionary, the Kama Sutra, and The Joy of Sex in case any smart alecks in class tried to ask her what Doggy Style or a Cleveland Steamer was, which they frequently did), made tables showing the pros and cons of different forms of contraception, and gave us a huge list of things that are NOT contraception and will NOT stop you from getting pregnant or getting an STD. The Coke one you mentioned was on there with a big note that said that it will probably give you a nasty yeast infection. No one in my class got pregnant (as far as I know; they may very well have been getting abortions left and right).

Off topic, but I'm trying to decide if I want to know what that is... 

1 hour ago, Catey said:

Just wanted to share, I am thinking of trying a cayenne satchel to spice things up for Valentines day.

you may set off the smoke detector cause you would be smoking hot.

And just when I was feeling pleasantly smug about the fact that I would never in a billion years be stupid enough to fall for this crap about freshening up the lady bits with a bag of vaginal pot pourri, somebody has to mention a Cleveland Steamer.    I know better than to look these things up.  I have been burned by   this sort of thing before (hello Dirty Sanchez !) A couple of posters even  warned of unpleasant consequences, and still, I couldn't resist  looking it up.

So now I know what a Cleveland Steamer is (what is WRONG with people? ) and I  realize that if I fall this easily for the allure of unknown slang terms, then I'm not quite as far above the vagina stuffers as I thought I was.  Still think it sounds gross and probably dangerous, but Imma gonna go wipe that smug look off my face now.  (Right after I finish with the brain bleach )

6 minutes ago, PreciousPantsofDoom said:

And just when I was feeling pleasantly smug about the fact that I would never in a billion years be stupid enough to fall for this crap about freshening up the lady bits with a bag of vaginal pot pourri, somebody has to mention a Cleveland Steamer.    I know better than to look these things up.  I have been burned by   this sort of thing before (hello Dirty Sanchez !) A couple of posters even  warned of unpleasant consequences, and still, I couldn't resist  looking it up.

So now I know what a Cleveland Steamer is (what is WRONG with people? ) and I  realize that if I fall this easily for the allure of unknown slang terms, then I'm not quite as far above the vagina stuffers as I thought I was.  Still think it sounds gross and probably dangerous, but Imma gonna go wipe that smug look off my face now.  (Right after I finish with the brain bleach )

Yeah, so far I've resisted the temptation to Google it. :my_angel:

7 minutes ago, iweartanktops6 said:

Yeah, so far I've resisted the temptation to Google it. :my_angel:

Me, too. I've succumbed to this sort of thing often enough in the past that I KNOW I'll regret this one!

16 minutes ago, Loveday said:

Me, too. I've succumbed to this sort of thing often enough in the past that I KNOW I'll regret this one!

Yep! I also didn't look at the photos of whatever discharge resulted from this shit. *barf* 

No, thank you! 

On January 16, 2016 at 1:45 PM, Catey said:

Maybe there are some herbal drops you could use to cleanse your eyes...

Or essential oils :P

So if Clevelamd Steamer didn't shock you (I will be twitching and eating my hair in the vanilla corner), I have a suggestion for how you should spend a fun evening.

;)

1. Buy shares in a brain bleach company.

2. Play this song over and over.

3. After it has become a firm earworm, allow yourself to wonder if 'Cosby Sweater' has a deeper meaning.

4. Make vague attempts to quell your curiosity.

5. Give in. Look up 'Cosby Sweater' at urban dictionary.

6. Use the profits from your investment in the brain bleach company to buy a brain/eye/body bleach cleanse.

7. Consider that it was my FATHER IN LAW who told me about Cosby Sweaters. He loved the song so much and was so upset when he found out what it really meant.

8. Repeat step 6.

:D

Archived