IGNORED

A charming children's book, with SOTDRT poetry, too!

samira_catlover

http://wonkette.com/587678/sundays-with-the-christianists-heres-a-delightful-childrens-book-about-hell

Not broken because wonkette. INTERESTING art---who wants to see about submitting this for a Caldecott? A stirring message, with plenty of suspense! Poetry that would inspire Grifter John Shrader!

Oh, noooooo. I can't set you guys up for that. Here, you'll need this if you hit the site: :brainbleach:

Awww, I remember when the little fundie tykes next door were so excited to tell me I was going to hell after their lesson at Sunday school.  I told them I was pretty excited, too!   :pb_glasses:  This guy has quite the ebil imagination.  I laughed at the Wonkette author's observation:   He’ll leave the engineering problems of extending and retracting those walkways for another day...   Guess Mr. Ph.D., Th.D., didn't want to copy JK Rowling's moveable staircases.

Crazy.

Anyone check out another of the similar books, God Made Dad And Mom? Ew.

That is absolutely terrifying. I was such an anxious child that when my grandpa told me that the world would end in 2011, I was constantly frightened. Teaching kids to constantly live in fear of going to hell is absolutely disgusting. 

10 hours ago, GoldSteps72 said:

I was such an anxious child that when my grandpa told me that the world would end in 2011, I was constantly frightened. Teaching kids to constantly live in fear of going to hell is absolutely disgusting. 

At age of 6 or 7 I got extremely terrified by picture of angels standing around Mary's bed while she slept. Pretty sure that was not the effect authors of my "Illustrated Bible for Children" was hoping for.

No, the excellent news is that God killed his son for us, who is also God, and now we can get out of our cages!

You know when you put it like that Christianity sounds really twisted.  Not a story you would want to tell your son.

It does not matter how old you are: old people go to hell, middle age people go to hell, teenagers go to hell, and even little children can go to hell. Remember, little children are not too little to go hell.

But what about tiny babies, Mommy? Do tiny babies go to hell? That one’s left for parents to puzzle out on their own, which you’d think McMahon might have anticipated.

Yes, even the tiny babies go to hell.  The babies who are....over 3 months old, that's right.  4 months old and won't stay on the blanket? The Devil awaits you, my dear. 6 months old and knocked your cereal on the floor?  Straight into the flames of hell with you. 9 months old and ripped your headband off?  The fiery inferno awaits,  11 months old and didn't share your truck with your cousin?  God hates you and mocks you forever as you scream in torment for all eternity.

2 hours ago, Handmaiden of Dog said:

Yes, even the tiny babies go to hell.  The babies who are....over 3 months old, that's right.  4 months old and won't stay on the blanket? The Devil awaits you, my dear. 6 months old and knocked your cereal on the floor?  Straight into the flames of hell with you. 9 months old and ripped your headband off?  The fiery inferno awaits,  11 months old and didn't share your truck with your cousin?  God hates you and mocks you forever as you scream in torment for all eternity.

Only if they're not baptized. Just ask Michael Wigglesworth (cf. especially 181).

http://www.puritansermons.com/poetry/doom176.htm

Does God have a key for you?

Well, if this is a Calvinist site, isn't that the question?  And, isn't the answer, Maybe, maybe not. Doesn't it require that the little boy in the cage be predestined to receive salvation?  Just because his family and friends got the use of the key doesn't mean he will.  

5 hours ago, Mary C Doates said:

Is the book dedicated to Steve Maxwell, expert on DEATH and HELL? 

I don't know, but he's probably kicking himself for not making Sarah write it.

Archived