IGNORED

Johnstons another gun-crazy quiverfull family MERGED

Paperplate

Even the Maxwell's tend to have a pop of color somewhere in their pictures.  Also, the father in this photo gives me the same "strong heterosexual male vibes" as the David Waller.  

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These people scare me. Can you imagine moving to the Columbus area (which isn't exactly backwoods) and having to pick a new doc from a list on your insurance webpage and ending up with this whackado?  

I perused the list of pro-life doctors for the states I've lived in and was really surprised to see a doctor if maternal and fetal medicine on there. If something goes wrong in your pregnancy - that's who you're sent to. That sucks. 

Our first baby was anencephalic (her brain never developed past her brain stem) and we found out at the 20 week sonogram. I went in hoping to just find out the gender but instead had my heart shattered. 

We were referred to a maternal and fetal medicine doctor who laid out every option for us. We made the heartbreaking choice of terminating the pregnancy. Our baby (that we planned for) had a condition that was incompatible with life. You could see on the u/s that most of her skull and brain was missing so there was no ambiguity. Additionally, because of the condition, there is nothing that tells the baby when it's ready to be born.  In some cases, the mom has stayed pregnant for over a year by which time it does some pretty bad damage to her (kidney failure, etc)  

We lived in Virginia at the time and it was required that I was shown pictures of aborted fetuses before the procedure. The nurse was lovely and told me to close my eyes...she had to show me but couldn't force me to look. 

I had amazing and compassionate care at one of the darkest times of my life.  I am forever grateful to each person who helped me during that time.  

Screw this guy and his views  

That's heartbreaking Hellogorgeous, I'm sorry that you had to go through all of that.

Thank you for sharing your story. 

Thank you for sharing, @Hellogorgeous. You are so strong!

The one good thing about the stupid "Association of Pro-Life Physicians" is that we have a registry of what dumbasses to avoid at all costs. That's got to count for something.

Thank you for sharing @Hellogorgeous. And thank you for sharing this in a public forum. I hope some anti-choicer reads about this. Anti-choicers often forget that it isn't just all about saving the babies.

19 hours ago, Hellogorgeous said:

These people scare me. Can you imagine moving to the Columbus area (which isn't exactly backwoods) and having to pick a new doc from a list on your insurance webpage and ending up with this whackado?  

I perused the list of pro-life doctors for the states I've lived in and was really surprised to see a doctor if maternal and fetal medicine on there. If something goes wrong in your pregnancy - that's who you're sent to. That sucks. 

Our first baby was anencephalic (her brain never developed past her brain stem) and we found out at the 20 week sonogram. I went in hoping to just find out the gender but instead had my heart shattered. 

We were referred to a maternal and fetal medicine doctor who laid out every option for us. We made the heartbreaking choice of terminating the pregnancy. Our baby (that we planned for) had a condition that was incompatible with life. You could see on the u/s that most of her skull and brain was missing so there was no ambiguity. Additionally, because of the condition, there is nothing that tells the baby when it's ready to be born.  In some cases, the mom has stayed pregnant for over a year by which time it does some pretty bad damage to her (kidney failure, etc)  

We lived in Virginia at the time and it was required that I was shown pictures of aborted fetuses before the procedure. The nurse was lovely and told me to close my eyes...she had to show me but couldn't force me to look. 

I had amazing and compassionate care at one of the darkest times of my life.  I am forever grateful to each person who helped me during that time.  

My heart goes out to you.  

On 15/01/2016 at 1:28 PM, Catey said:

For how many entries he has and all his long blown posts he has hardly even one personal leghumper..

Sexy PJ(s) just aint getting much fundy love.

:PLEURE:

Just spat water at the computer screen. The perfect measure of coolness in the fundie world.

"Well hello. I see you have a blog. How many leghumpers do you have?"

"Er, well, I have two, but, er... they also frequent other blogs."

"Oh, so they're not your personal leghumpers."

"Well, er, no, I...wait, come back!"

• 2 weeks later...

Here's their site http://www.johnstonfamilyministry.com/

Here's their about us:
Patrick and Elizabeth Johnston reside in central Ohio with their nine home-schooled children. Patrick Johnston is a family practice physician, the founder of the Association of Pro-life Physicians (www.ProLifePhysicians.org), and the director of Personhood Ohio (www.PersonhoodOhio.com).  Dr. Johnston is a popular conference speaker and author. He and his wife, Elizabeth, have a passion for strong families, restored marriages, Christian education, revival in the church, and a return to biblical thinking and practice.

It's a glorious rabbit hole, if you have something good to drink.

On 1/13/2016 at 4:09 PM, adidas said:

Yikes, what a frightening person. Some of the scariest crazies are the ones who have an over inflated opinion of their own intelligence.

:my_biggrin:

On 1/17/2016 at 0:52 PM, JillyO said:

Thank you for sharing, @Hellogorgeous. You are so strong!

The one good thing about the stupid "Association of Pro-Life Physicians" is that we have a registry of what dumbasses to avoid at all costs. That's got to count for something.

I had never heard of this organization before, so I immediately googled them and then searched for doctors in my state. I'm well past childbearing age, but an anti-choicer is also not going to let me choose death with dignity if and when that time comes. I was very relieved to have this come up:

Currently, there are no physicians from this State.

Their sons look like younger versions of David Waller.  

I looked at their instagram and they have a newborn daughter.  The headflowers they put her in make Allie Webster's look tame.  

Didn't read their website because as a Democrat, it boils my blood too much (and I do study the opposition).

Also how old are their older kids, and are they potential matches for any of the other fundies we follow?

41 minutes ago, 19 cats and counting said:

Their sons look like younger versions of David Waller.  

I looked at their instagram and they have a newborn daughter.  The headflowers they put her in make Allie Webster's look tame.  

Didn't read their website because as a Democrat, it boils my blood too much (and I do study the opposition).

Also how old are their older kids, and are they potential matches for any of the other fundies we follow?

I took one for the team and went through all of the Instagram posts for names and ages (they aren't listed on the blog).

Charity Ruth -- 17
Anna Cynthia -- 16
James -- about 15
Unknown Son -- about 13 (clearly not the favorite! Never mentioned, but one about this age in group shots)
Grace Elizabeth -- about 11
Faith Victoria -- about 8
Elijah -- about 6
Josiah -- 4
Haven -- 2
Eva Lively Rain -- newborn

On Sunday, January 17, 2016 at 11:37 PM, Hellogorgeous said:

This is sad. And it's fucking sadder that they make women watch that shit. I remember  a story about a woman going to have an abortion because she miscarried. You won't believe how rude antichoicers were. She even told them she had a miscarriage, they called her a liar and a baby killer. I'm so sorry you had to go through that.

3 hours ago, Mrsaztx said:

Page one he compares Trump to Hitler. gather the spelunking gear and go feed the rescue ferrets, it's going to be a long night.

Who is going to man the rescue ferrets?  Someone has to stay out of the rabbit hole to save all of us who are already down!

I'll gladly stay out of the rabbit hole with the ferrets. I'm already here with a headtorch on my head (not really) and I love looking after small creatures. I'm not a helpmeet but... can I help? :D

It feels like we'll need several ferrets so maybe several people to help....

He recently had a FB post advertising guns he was selling (they were described in a manner which you might use to describe a favorite family member--rather lovingly). Background checks? That would be un-American? Not sure if he took the post down after FB announced their new policies about advertising guns.

11 minutes ago, mango_fandango said:

I'll gladly stay out of the rabbit hole with the ferrets. I'm already here with a headtorch on my head (not really) and I love looking after small creatures. I'm not a helpmeet but... can I help? :D

It feels like we'll need several ferrets so maybe several people to help....

It might be best to have several above ground.  This is a messy hole I've gotten myself in.

Archived