IGNORED

Johnstons another gun-crazy quiverfull family MERGED

Paperplate

7 minutes ago, 16strong said:

It seems I'm late to the game, but that nude strippers letter is the finest piece of literature written by any fundie. Pure gold.

Oh, you're not late. We're just getting started. :popcorn2:

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It has been so long since I've had a pet fundie (they keep going private)! I love-hate this vile hyperbolic lot already. I'm horribly tempted to read his "novel" (wish fulfillment fantasy). I wonder if he and his wife role-play the characters. :my_confused:

13 hours ago, NeverQuivered said:

Well, they support Huckabee, so enough said. 

But Wait!  Huckabee is fat, therefore he doesn't love God.  How could they possibly support him?

That nude stripper bit is something. When the say successful outreach do they mean they converted patrons of the club, or scared them away because they didn't want to be preached at when they go? They don't seem to understand that free speech goes both ways. The you tube video is a bit dramatic it seemed more like they cared for the strippers, even offered to help them financially. The blog states hatred toward them. Hypocrites. Posted a screenshot of the bulk of the article. I know they would love the attention they get here. That man will be creaming his pants when he finds us and wrestling the heck out of his kids.image.thumb.png.e6f56f40096a48637d4605d8

On January 13, 2016 at 11:11 AM, Catey said:

I think that he is suggesting that since mentally ill people have access to guns you would have to be crazy yourself to not get one to protect yourself from the hoards of mentally ill people roaming the streets with guns....

My first ex got himself a whole legal arsenal of firearms, before he was diagnosed as mentally ill. Funny how he didn't miraculously lose access to them the instant his diagnosis came through. (It took a near standoff with the cops before they were taken away. Fortunately we were long divorced by then.)

3 minutes ago, Grimalkin said:

That nude stripper bit is something. When the say successful outreach do they mean they converted patrons of the club, or scared them away because they didn't want to be preached at when they go? They don't seem to understand that free speech goes both ways. The you tube video is a bit dramatic it seemed more like they cared for the strippers, even offered to help them financially. The blog states hatred toward them. Hypocrites. Posted a screenshot of the bulk of the article. I know they would love the attention they get here. That man will be creaming his pants when he finds us and wrestling the heck out of his kids.

Someone will definitely tell him about us if he doesn't find out on his own. I kind of can't wait to see the resulting tirade. Will he mention us by name, or will he simply refer to us as "a group of heathen lesbians which is attacking our Godly family"? Inquiring minds must know. 

Bet he has bibles all over his medical office and has to network extensively to get new patients.  His writing kind of reminds me of Mike Seewald's.

Wonder if his malpractice insurer is aware of some of his treatment philosophies.

I thought this was about the semi-fundy Johnstons/Johnsons I know of, up here in ye olde Canuckville. They don't really dress fundie (the ones I know of) but they are quite fundie otherwise. One of their kids (daughter) is named Jubilee. They travel in a bus and do "children's ministry" and sing and homeschool and "make movies" and all sorts of other things.

These Johnstons, in the OP - they are whackafriggingdoo.

It seems I'm late to the game, but that nude strippers letter is the finest piece of literature written by any fundie. Pure gold.

Truly. The crazy really comes out in his writings. I loved the part where the non-church-going kids started riding their bikes to the church just to see real live boobies. Good job, Dr. Johnston, ushering those kids straight to hell!

He admits that they did drive business away by picketing the club (very politely, I'm sure.) Strippers live off tips, so no doubt they were pissed. I wonder if they brought the kids to the strip club picket. I wonder if he brings them to the many gay pride events he has attended from coast to coast.

Why not, they feel the person best suited to talk with another pregnant teenager at an abortion clinic is one of their teen daughters so I doubt there is much that they would not stoop to.

They suck.

10 hours ago, Handmaiden of Dog said:

But Wait!  Huckabee is fat, therefore he doesn't love God.  How could they possibly support him?

Lol. Have you seen Jim Bob lately?

12 hours ago, 16strong said:

I laughed 'til I cried.  It was that awesome.  And now I want to end every story I tell with the following: "Well, when winter came and the strippers went back inside, the outrage dwindled."  Or maybe, "The police department who arrested three topless lesbians was ordered to pay each lesbian $5,000. However, Ohio law remains unchanged."

On Wednesday, January 13, 2016 at 5:03 PM, Anonymousguest said:

This is from the gun article, the first line is the anti gun argument, the second is his refutation:

2. Mentally ill people can get guns.
Response: Which is why only a mentally ill person wouldn't want one.

What? I can't figure out what he's meaning to say here. Only mentally ill persons don't want guns because they can get them? 

A logical reasoning indeed! I'm not so sure he is smarter than a toddler...

Wooooowwwww. If he hadn't been posting under his name all over the internet for so long and didn't verifiably exist, I would think this was an exceptionally well-executed long-con troll.

For how many entries he has and all his long blown posts he has hardly even one personal leghumper..

Sexy PJ(s) just aint getting much fundy love.

:PLEURE:

Physicians like this are why when I was pregnant years ago in a new city, my husband and I scheduled extra time in my initial visit to the OBGYN to interview him about "if this happened how would you respond". THis was after I had asked the several doctors offices I contacted if the Physician in question was pro choice. Now that I live in a state where doctors  are more or less allowed and encouraged to lie about test results if they think the woman  might abort, i would find it even more important now. 

d.   

Remember, Dr. Mercola, Lori's go to expert is a DO-- anti vaccine, pro black salve.

They seem exceptionally smug. I bet they are just so fun to hang out with in person. His article on anxiety and depression has a couple valid points buried in the old tune of not loving/trusting/believing God enough blah blah blah. 

6 hours ago, salex said:

Physicians like this are why when I was pregnant years ago in a new city, my husband and I scheduled extra time in my initial visit to the OBGYN to interview him about "if this happened how would you respond". THis was after I had asked the several doctors offices I contacted if the Physician in question was pro choice. Now that I live in a state where doctors  are more or less allowed and encouraged to lie about test results if they think the woman  might abort, i would find it even more important now. 

d.   

Remember, Dr. Mercola, Lori's go to expert is a DO-- anti vaccine, pro black salve.

I definitely misread the bolded part and was very confused for a moment :pb_eek:

What sort of test results do you mean? Like lying to the woman that the fetus doesn't have an abnormality or something? I've only heard about the laws in some states making women wait a few days before getting an abortion, or having to have the ultrasound explained to them. 

It doesn't sound like he had a particularly religious childhood.  I wonder if growing up with what sounds like filth hoarders for parents made him turn to religion.

On the watchers page, it says his parents were both nurses who were working to become medical missionaries, so who knows, maybe they were religious. Maybe not. His stories about the state of their home are pretty outrageous, but given his comments on ectopic pregnancy, I would not put it past him to lie.

I would definitely think that he grew up in a religious household. Like @clarinetpower says, his parents were (studying to become) medical missionaries, and he went to Christian school. But still, if his home life was really like he describes it, it might have made him turn towards fundamentalism. Not that I would take anything that guy says at face value.

13 hours ago, December said:

I definitely misread the bolded part and was very confused for a moment :pb_eek:

What sort of test results do you mean? Like lying to the woman that the fetus doesn't have an abnormality or something? I've only heard about the laws in some states making women wait a few days before getting an abortion, or having to have the ultrasound explained to them. 

Yes.  The original was a bit more blatant, but here is what passed in KS, I believe...

Be it enacted by the Legislature of the State of Kansas: New Section 1. (a) No civil action may be commenced in any court for a claim of wrongful life or wrongful birth, and no damages may be recovered in any civil action for any physical condition of a minor that existed at the time of such minor's birth if the damages sought arise out of a claim that a person's action or omission contributed to such minor's mother not obtaining an abortion. (b) Nothing in this section shall be deemed to create any new cause of action, nor preclude any otherwise proper cause of action based on a claim that, but for a person's wrongful action or omission, the death or physical injury of the mother would not have occurred, or the handicap, disease or disability of an individual prior to birth would have been prevented, cured or ameliorated in a manner that preserved the health and life of such individual.

Basically, if an anti abortion doctor thinks his/her patient would abort if she learned the tests were bad, and she finds out the doctor knew and didn't tell her, she can't sue the doctor for this action or omission.  Apparently, Kansas is not alone in this.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/03/14/the-legal-claims-of-wrongful-birth-vs-the-right-to-lie-over-abortion.html

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2015/05/10/scott-walker-doctors-can-lie-to-pregnant-women-so-they-wont-get-abortions/  

Oh, and any woman who goes to have an abortion in Kansas must be told having an abortion will make her more likely to get breast cancer.... which has been debunked scientifically, but is what the legislature has decided must be done.

Wow, I am sad I didn't check out this post until now. What crazies. They actually scare me.

I did lol at the description of their children's book starting with 

Touch the rusty musket

but I have a dirty mind

Great. Another mega-family that people will get snowed by because they're generally good-looking with shiny, bright smiles and so-so-so gleamingly *white*. :roll:

And another family that cheerfully beats its children (per their Fifth Commandment of disciplining children). While I'm against physical punishment of any kind, I would be much more likely to have at least some sympathy for a mother who loses it in utter frustration and deals out a slap than to have any sympathy whatsoever for someone who pre-meditatively beats a child.

Probably with that Stepford-Wife robotic, chicklet, gleaming smile plastered to her face (per the attached picture), with the high-pitched and manic J'chelle-like Xanax voice explaining why the beating is being doled out.

That's some cold, cold shit right there, and I have precisely zero understanding/sympathy for that.

I wish for once the appearance of these families would be ugly like their beliefs and practices, so they're not snaring in the credulous who think, "Oh, well they *look* good, and they sing so nicely, they have to be good people."

569af43c1f673_chickletfamily.thumb.jpg.1

Archived