Jump to content
IGNORED

Happy 25th birthday, John Maxwell!


Justme
 Share

Recommended Posts

May you sneak off and enjoy a cold beer...... 25, Stevie's got to be pushing him to find a bride. 'Course, no one will know until AFTER the wedding takes place.... Though I wonder if it will need to be a double wedding with Jesse. (Can't have him in his own room.)

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

If there is anybody who is calling BS on his dad, I think it’s John. 

I’d love to believe he has a secret bank account and is slowly planning his escape, but somehow I think that every single penny is accountable to Steve. 

It seems his best hope is for a wife from a weak fundie family, who will easily be converted when John exposes to her that his dad’s idea of “keeping their hearts” was really more about “programming their minds”,  but that he somehow was able to block all attempts with an antii-stevevirus  program.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Of all the Maxwells, John seems to have the most freedom to do whatever the fuck he wants to do. He was always the difficult one and I don't think Steve was able to completely break his spirit when he was a child. 

  • Upvote 11
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If John had been betrothed to the woman that jilted Joseph, they could have caused Steve's empire some real damage. ;)

Happy birthday, John.  I hope you don't get your birthday cancelled  as punishment for all the fun you had last year!

25 years of rebellion.... and counting!

  • Upvote 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

"The woman that jilted Joseph" has a nice alliterative ring to it.

Happy Birthday, John.  I'm sad that Sarah omitted the little known facts about you this year.  I forget how you like your coffee.

  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Palimpsest said:

"The woman that jilted Joseph" has a nice alliterative ring to it.

Happy Birthday, John.  I'm sad that Sarah omitted the little known facts about you this year.  I forget how you like your coffee.

Strong, black and without sweetner as I recall. 

:coffee:

  • Upvote 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Quote

May it be another adventure-filled year!

Adventure. Uh, Sarah, I do not think that word means what you think it means.

  • Upvote 13
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Adventure means going to a new place with new people and no definite plans, seeing what happens and having FUN while it happens!  (Or having fun afterwards when you get to tell the story of how you survived.)

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Quote

Happy 25th Birthday, John! We are grateful for your love for the Lord, your family, in-laws, and nieces and nephews. We pray the Lord blesses you richly; may it be another adventure-filled year!

Interesting that Sarah had so little to say about him, just a few pictures.  She can blather on and on about dull topics when she wants to.  I wonder how the different family members perceive the various birthday wishes posted on the blog; if they ever feel slighted or charmed?  Has Sarah ever wished a happy birthday to anyone other than her brothers, sisters and parents?

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I wonder if Poor Sarah didn't write too much about Superman-John due to some resentment on the perceived  freedoms that he is getting.

This year he has missed several family and 'extended family' meals / Bible Time™s. Wasn't he absent from most of the dog and pony shows? He's been to trade shows in California, the 'what some would call a mission trip' vacation to the unknown country. He has his irrigation and estate agent business.... then the superman t-shirt.  

Maybe the time he spent with John-Marie made him see the light?

Has he already run, but for the sake of the family, tits2 and Stevie he makes the odd appearance to save Stevie's arse to the sheep?

  • Upvote 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

He may have left the farm, but more curiously he keeps RETURNING. Or maybe he has moved out and Sarah/Steve just hasn't let on in Tits2

  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Peas n carrots said:

He may have left the farm, but more curiously he keeps RETURNING. Or maybe he has moved out and Sarah/Steve just hasn't let on in Tits2

If he has he's either outside of Leavenworth county or (GASP) renting because a quick property search isn't showing him owning a house. As much as I'd like to believe that he moved out, I'm fairly sure he hasn't. Why would he? Free room and board and he seems to do what he pleases, at least compared to the others.

 

On a related note Steve, Nathan, and Joe all have their wives listed as co-owners of their respective houses. Chris is still trucking along with just his name on the deed. I wonder if that was his or Anna's choice.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, johnhugh said:

I wonder if Poor Sarah didn't write too much about Superman-John due to some resentment on the perceived  freedoms that he is getting.

This year he has missed several family and 'extended family' meals / Bible Time™s. Wasn't he absent from most of the dog and pony shows? He's been to trade shows in California, the 'what some would call a mission trip' vacation to the unknown country. He has his irrigation and estate agent business.... then the superman t-shirt.  

Maybe the time he spent with John-Marie made him see the light?

Has he already run, but for the sake of the family, tits2 and Stevie he makes the odd appearance to save Stevie's arse to the sheep?

Your mention of the California trips (he also drove Uriah out there solo) got me wondering so I did a quick search and a John Maxwell is getting married March 5 in Fresno to a 22-year old woman whose name I won't mention. John Maxwell is a common enough name, but it did get me wondering. The fact that he doesn't have a house yet (at least not in Leavenworth County) probably means that this isn't our JM. But just in case it is... :Bazinga:

  • Upvote 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Seven Severn said:

Your mention of the California trips (he also drove Uriah out there solo) got me wondering so I did a quick search and a John Maxwell is getting married March 5 in Fresno to a 22-year old woman whose name I won't mention. John Maxwell is a common enough name, but it did get me wondering. The fact that he doesn't have a house yet (at least not in Leavenworth County) probably means that this isn't our JM. But just in case it is... :Bazinga:

I found who you're talking about because I'm a creep, and it's not our John Maxwell. 100% sure, sadly! 

Also, when Joseph and Elissa got married, their registry was disguised. I believe it was just the first two or three letters of their names. I wouldn't be surprised if they did the same for John.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

We share a birthday and it makes me so sad to think of everything I am able to do and those poor kidults are trapped in what I would call hell. Happy Birthday John! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/13/2016 at 4:05 PM, Handmaiden of Dog said:

Interesting that Sarah had so little to say about him, just a few pictures.  She can blather on and on about dull topics when she wants to.  I wonder how the different family members perceive the various birthday wishes posted on the blog; if they ever feel slighted or charmed?  Has Sarah ever wished a happy birthday to anyone other than her brothers, sisters and parents?

For the most part, she does not. Once or twice there has been something about a neice or nephew, but that's it. Even the brothers that marry; they become extended family and they're birthdays aren't mentioned. 

As for John, I hope you find a nice, girl whose meek on the surface (to appease Daddy) but with a wild streak just waiting to be set loose (so you can have fun filled life together). 

Edited by anjulibai
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, singsingsing said:

I found who you're talking about because I'm a creep, and it's not our John Maxwell. 100% sure, sadly! 

Also, when Joseph and Elissa got married, their registry was disguised. I believe it was just the first two or three letters of their names. I wouldn't be surprised if they did the same for John.

Ah, rats. Thanks for the further research, Sing and Dru. It is best, though, that a woman isn't going to be dragged to the lifeless compound in Leavenworth.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think one of the brothers will get Gigi's house when the marry. I think Gigi will move to the Mothership. They can't take the chance that her house will sell to someone who wears bikini's while mowing the lawn..... Not when it is so close to the compound.

Thought if I'd won the powerball, it would have been so lovely to temp one of the neighbors away with a large check just have parties in the backyard. Play rock music, drink margarita's, wear shorts and tops with colored buttons.... I'd put in a pool. Entertain lots of young people with pizza and pepsi...

Edited by Justme
  • Upvote 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share



×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.