IGNORED

If it's January, it must be time for some "Rigorous Men's Discipleship"

meda

I've always thought of it as the Scott Brown Matchmaking Service. Six months of unpaid slave labor, a daily pushup show, writing "position papers" a la Bradrick!, and then - if the young lads are really good - perhaps an introduction to the godly young maidens in Scotty's church network. And voila, there's his crop of paying participant$ in next year's marriage workshop$ and NCFIC conference$. Lather, rinse, repeat, and follow the money.

Oh come on, do they write this with a straight face?

Our prayer is that the deposits made in these young men will help launch a new generation of church leaders and elders.

We have seen men grow, stretched, convicted, and transformed. Our goal is to send out young men who are sharpened, hardened, and prepared for the challenges of the 21st century.

4 minutes ago, OodOnTheLoo said:

I was just about to post that very same quote!  :pb_lol:

Seriously, do these people not realize how they sound?!

5 hours ago, Elegant Mess said:

I was just about to post that very same quote!  :pb_lol:

Seriously, do these people not realize how they sound?!

No.  ::Joins the dirty minded gigglers::

I'm surprised Scotty isn't charging tuition for the privilege of being an intern and worshipping at his feet.  They do get a rent-free "Spartan" apartment and 3 meals a week provided by church members.

2 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

No.  ::Joins the dirty minded gigglers::

I'm surprised Scotty isn't charging tuition for the privilege of being an intern and worshipping at his feet.  They do get a rent-free "Spartan" apartment and 3 meals a week provided by church members.

Well, at least that keeps them away from vulnerable, underage girls. *cough*DougWilson*cough*

I know I've said it before, but 6 months is a long time to be an unpaid minion. And of course they time it so that it doesn't mesh with a traditional college schedule, on the off-chance that an appropriately fundie young man would be going to a traditional college. Mostly, I just don't see how this would benefit anyone. If you actually wanted to go into ministry, surely there would be myriad opportunities to learn and serve in your own community.

The living conditions seem a bit rough too. 6 guys who don't know each other are going to be stuck in a 2 bedroom apt with only 1 full bathroom, and expected to follow a daily itinerary that begins with a 5:30 workout and ends with a 10:30 curfew. They work a full-time schedule that includes "cheerfully accepting" literally any job that Scott Brown comes up with, plus spend Saturdays serving the community and must attend church, prayer meeting, bible study and NCFIC events.

The apt is across the street from a brewery though...I can only hope they take advantage :pb_lol:

1 hour ago, slickcat79 said:

I know I've said it before, but 6 months is a long time to be an unpaid minion. And of course they time it so that it doesn't mesh with a traditional college schedule, on the off-chance that an appropriately fundie young man would be going to a traditional college. Mostly, I just don't see how this would benefit anyone. If you actually wanted to go into ministry, surely there would be myriad opportunities to learn and serve in your own community.

<sarcasm> But, but, but ... the ad says they'll be stretched, convicted, transformed, sharpened, and hardened for JESUS!  What young Christian man wouldn't want that deposited in him!    </sarcasm>

11 hours ago, OodOnTheLoo said:

It's good to see Scott Brown hired Doug (Phillips who is a tool)'s interns to carry on writing this stuff. Hi, interns! 

Archived