IGNORED

I found a girl who looks so much like Jessa it's starting to make me wonder about a new scandal

meganlizzie

3 hours ago, elliha said:

You can look a lot like someone else. I have or have had a doppelganger. She looks enough like me for close friends to have said hello to her and when she didn't answer wonder why I would not answer back. Two different guys have come up to me and talked about when we went on dates and I have 100% not been on dates with them. They both told me stories of what I did and the creepy part is that while I know I have not been out with them what they say the girl did and said sounds like something I would do in the same situation. I found both guys good looking and friendly enough to go out with so we seem to have pretty similar taste in men too. We also seem to vote for the same party, about a handful of people have asked me if they have met me at meetings for the youth group of the party I vote for. I have never been to such meetings but miss Doppelganger seems to enjoy them. I get that it is possible that someone might look like me and it might even be a distant relative (I have relatives I do not know in this area) but it creeps me out that we seem to have similar style of dress, personality, views and manners to the point that one of the guys I told you above refused to believe me that I had never met him before. (He was really cute so I did end up going on a date with him anyway so NOW it is true)

Maybe there's a glitch in the matrix ;)

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lots of people have lookalikes. Rarely are the reasons scandalous.

The idea of posting facebook photos of one moderately well-known person who happens to look a bit like another moderately well-known person seems ludicrous to me.

Especially since there is enough actual, real stuff wrong in the fundie world to snark on.

As much as I think the Boob is a total sleaze, it seems unfair and creepy to question a stranger's paternity just because they resemble one of his children. And if I had those abs I would look smug, too!

Fun fact: In one of the videos on Youtube it is totally possible to see Michelle's stomach. Right in front of her entire family. NIKE!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k72myyREgnQ 

(at 2:30-2:45-ish. After that they remember to blurr it :P )

And they show "that's her little girl parts, right there!" on the ultrasound, with JB going pop-eyed and looking away instantly :pb_biggrin:

There's the old saying that everyone has a twin, & I've found that to be true. A supervisor @ work looks like he's JB's cousin or long-lost brother, for instance, & I also met someone who could be Todd Chrisley's twin.

7 minutes ago, LadyCrow1313 said:

There's the old saying that everyone has a twin, & I've found that to be true. A supervisor @ work looks like he's JB's cousin or long-lost brother, for instance, & I also met someone who could be Todd Chrisley's twin.

I was watching a documentary a few weeks ago about that and it was so so creepy, they showed people who were identical to others in different places of the planet, quite eerie. That being said, a lot of people say i'm a dead ringer to Alicia Keys.....:pb_eek: me thinks she's way cuter.

10 minutes ago, HermioneSparrow said:

I was watching a documentary a few weeks ago about that and it was so so creepy, they showed people who were identical to others in different places of the planet, quite eerie. That being said, a lot of people say i'm a dead ringer to Alicia Keys.....:pb_eek: me thinks she's way cuter.

Talk about one world, indeed. Crazy how genetics & humanity works, isn't it?

When I was about 19 and living in L.A. the kids down the street ran over to my Mom's house with a fashion catalog and told my mother that I was doing some modeling.  Nope. Not me. I was going to school and working as a cocktail waitress.  The girl in the catalog was a dead-ringer and even my mom thought it was me.

There was a recent news story about two guys seated next to each other on an airplane.  Everyone thought they were twins because they looked exactly alike but they were complete strangers.

I think I'm just really generic-looking, because I have a lot of doppelgangers. It's happened a number of times that people I meet to say I look like someone they know, and if they happen to have have pictures I generally agree with them that the person does look quite a bit like me. 

My most dramatic doppleganger experience was in high school when a friend abruptly started giving me the silent treatment. After about a day of refusing to speak to me, she finally told me she was angry that I had "ignored" her and walked away when she spoke to me at the grocery store, which had made her feel very hurt and embarrassed. I explained that I not only was not at the grocery store but could not have been because I was at physical therapy at the time, and she stopped being mad at me. Apparently whoever she talked to looked enough like me (and dressed similarly enough) to be mistaken for me at conversational distance by someone who knew me well 

So all this to say, it's an interesting coincidence that this girl looks like Jessa, but I don't think it's anything deeper than that.

Hi all, I posted this link last night immediately before the shutdown and it's not here now. I'm not sure if it was removed for cause (in which case I apologize) or if it didn't make it to the board. Anyway, I find this subject fascinating. Here's a link to photos of complete strangers who look alike:

http://emgn.com/entertainment/15-total-strangers-who-look-like-identical-twins-4-is-truly-unreal/

They certainly do have a resemblance to each other -esp the lips and air of smug :) 

That said, doppelgangers happen. I've been stalked by people with cameras and mobbed a couple of times by people who thought I was a certain famous actress who I have absolutely no connection to (once I had to flee through the back door of a store to escape a bus load of tourists - apparently the store staff thought I was her too, which was the only reason the helped me escape) It's mostly funny and I don't see there is that much resemblance - we don't even have the same hair colour, but it seems like a few similar features/bearing in a plausible context is enough for people to start seeing more resemblance than there is in reality. 

I have a friend who is a dead ringer for a young Robert DeNiro.  At his sister's wedding, we saw a carbon copy of David Bowie. We spent the rest of the wedding looking for more "famous" people, but no luck! :pb_razz:

7 hours ago, LadyCrow1313 said:

I would Love to see Todd have a chance to talk to the duggars haahahahahahahahahaha

I'm a Knicks season ticket holder who always ignores the "dancers" (who do very little actual dancing unless you consider strippers to be "dancers"). Now I'm going to actually have to pay attention to spot the Jessa look-alike.

12 hours ago, nickelodeon said:

I found Michelle's doppelganger too!!

Reveal hidden contents

tumblr_o0iid6BMeR1uwkjpao2_400.gif

From the 1970s band Sparks.

OMG I remember Sparks! I have to say though that he is prettier than Michelle...

Wow, what a resemblance!

I found someone who is not related to me, but looks just like me, how I do now, in my parents wedding photo. I asked my dad who she was. Apparently she is the sister of a family friend of ours who I haven't seen since I was tiny.

i find watching the dallas coyboy cheerleaders - reality show - hilarious 

the woman who leads it - is like hardcore - and they all have to follow her like a God

@nst I know, right? Kelli & Judy are hardcore about protecting the image of America's Sweethearts. Miss Kitty is a hoot! i love watching her critique the dancers. A friend of mine was a DCC back in the 90's, and she has lots of stories about the coaches and organization.

18 minutes ago, Geechee Girl said:

@nst I know, right? Kelli & Judy are hardcore about protecting the image of America's Sweethearts. Miss Kitty is a hoot! i love watching her critique the dancers. A friend of mine was a DCC back in the 90's, and she has lots of stories about the coaches and organization.

i bet she could tell us everything because that Kelli Finglas is so hardcore she scares me through the tv 

her and real coyote ugly lady - she had a reality show at one point 

these women are tough :D 

but to be them for a day and wield all that power and knowledge could  be fun 

Archived