IGNORED

Bowling

47of74

I've decided I'm going to get back in to bowling.  I used to do it occasionally when the opportunity presented itself and enjoyed it even though I'm not very good at it.  I found the one alley that's open relatively early in the morning so I can go in and get some practice in and not look like a complete weirdo for being there by myself.

On 1/8/2016 at 2:23 AM, iweartanktops6 said:

I love bowling! My fiancé and I go often! 

Went today to get some practice in.  First alley I stopped at had a tournament just starting when I got there so I went on to another one and got my three games in.

Didn't do too badly.  For the first time in my life I scored over 100.  Not bad for not having gone bowling in several years.

bowling.jpg

Not bad at all! Congrats! I broke 100 for the first time, several weeks ago! Exciting, right? 

On 1/9/2016 at 5:01 PM, iweartanktops6 said:

Not bad at all! Congrats! I broke 100 for the first time, several weeks ago! Exciting, right? 

Yes it felt really good to go over 100 for the first time.  I'm going to go to that first alley I mentioned Wednesday morning so I can get some more practice in.

On 1/12/2016 at 9:50 PM, iweartanktops6 said:

Sweet! Let me know how it goes! I might go on Thu! 

Yeah went this morning.  Didn't do quite so hot.  My high score was 78.  Not sure what it was - my stance or what.  I tried to relax and not force it.  Maybe the ball wasn't right for me.  Oh well, there's always next time.

On a plus note the alley was empty this morning, it was just me and a couple employees.  I think I like it - the alley is an old fashioned alley.  No one else was there until I was leaving.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/9/2016 at 5:01 PM, iweartanktops6 said:

And today I rolled 126!  To date my highest score ever!

today.jpg

I think something like 124 is my highest. I normally get in the 70's range, I think.

I love bowling. About 10 years ago, I bought my own ball since I am a weakling and could never find a light enough one. :) I also bought my own shoes.

We haven't gone in over two years though. The last time I went was during my pregnancy actually.

Pretty sure I'll need to have the holes redrilled on my ball before we ever go again. Stupid fat fingers.

Just now, ClaraOswin said:

I think something like 124 is my highest. I normally get in the 70's range, I think.

I love bowling. About 10 years ago, I bought my own ball since I am a weakling and could never find a light enough one. :) I also bought my own shoes.

We haven't gone in over two years though. The last time I went was during my pregnancy actually.

Pretty sure I'll need to have the holes redrilled on my ball before we ever go again. Stupid fat fingers.

Yeah I bought my own shoes too, I figured I might as well since shoe rental adds up after a while.

So far I've just been using house balls but I think I'll need to get my own ball too.

2 hours ago, 47of74 said:

And today I rolled 126!  To date my highest score ever!

today.jpg

Congratulations! This is awesome! :) I still haven't gone.  Hahaha 

And this morning a 134!

:my_biggrin:

1.png

• 4 weeks later...

Went and got my own ball today.  I have named this ball Roll Fizzlebeef.  I did some bowling today and noticed an improvement in the scores. 

rfb.png

• 2 weeks later...

I used to bowl a lot when I was in high school, but it has been many years between trips to the lanes since then.  I enjoyed it and usually averaged about 135-140.  I have broken 200 a handful of times.  I'm hoping to go again sometime soon.

• 3 weeks later...

And today I hit a 139!  Did a happy dance today at the lanes.

Dios mio, man.  I'll be rolling my way into the semis in no time if I keep this up.

Screen Shot 2016-03-24 at 4.33.08 PM.png

Archived