• Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
grandmadugger

ALERT Helping with TX clean Up

salex

I do some work in Texas. 2 years ago ALERT had a exhibit booth at the  Texas Department of Emergency Management.  I stipped buy but no one was manning their booth.   Their trifold was rather generic and I didn't know why they were there unless to network to meet county and regional emergency managers  to get on volunteer lists. Volunteers who are trained and have specific equipment and skills are an asset if they are a known quantity.  The Texas Baptist Men have some very well trained and specific teams that are known and respected.  

I will be keeping my eyes open for ALERT again this year.

Howl
23 minutes ago, salex said:

I do some work in Texas. 2 years ago ALERT had a exhibit booth at the  Texas Department of Emergency Management.  I stipped buy but no one was manning their booth.   Their trifold was rather generic and I didn't know why they were there unless to network to meet county and regional emergency managers  to get on volunteer lists. Volunteers who are trained and have specific equipment and skills are an asset if they are a known quantity.  The Texas Baptist Men have some very well trained and specific teams that are known and respected.  

I will be keeping my eyes open for ALERT again this year.

I've heard that the Texas Baptist Men have an awesome and effective mobile food operation that can feed a lot of people/volunteers. 

grandmadugger

The Texas Baptist Men would bother me but you know ALERT/Gothard/IBLP all raise my suspicions and make me wonder what the real motive is.

iweartanktops

I wasn't sure where to post this , but I'm following a case of a 5 year old girl , Kayla , who was murdered recently. :( I was shocked when I saw in articles that ALERT helped with the search! It's still a disgusting, likely abusive , indoctrination Camp, but I guess they aren't completely useless. I rarely see fundies doing anything that actually helps others.