IGNORED

Candy Gives Up Going To Church

Florita

After a year of videos about planners and her fascination with them, Candy (formerly Joyful Christian Homemaker now Eyes 2 Jesus) has come out with a vlog on why they have quit attending "church" in quotation marks. 

January 1, 2016: http://www.eyes2jesus.blogspot.com/

She says she was kicked out of two different churches (one IFB, one FIC). Not her fault, of course, she's an aspie. She says at the beginning of the vlog that this is not a rant but it starts to sound like a rant around the 13:58 mark. Sad stories of being blocked on FB and threats to call the police if she shows up at the church. She's decided she has had enough of the "churches" celebrating pagan hell-o-days like advent and x-mess. So Candy and wunder-hubby are doing home-church but she calls it ecclesia assembly, because "church" is carnal.

Let's hope Candy has finally found the non-church she's been looking for all these years - one that agrees with her on all things.

She's quit church before after confronting pastors who disagreed with her. Tantrum, drama, oh, wait, now she has found the perfect church. 

It's just another way for them to continue feeling special and like the only true Christians and blah, blah, blah. It's also a way to further isolate themselves and their children from people who don't think as they do. I'm waiting for the day they begin living in a cave in the woods, far away from other human beings who might disagree with them and then the deep end will be reached and they'll do some crazy gun shoot out or worse. She is not mentally healthy and neither is her husband. They are screwing up their kids along the way. Nothing good came come of them or their life or their erratic choices,

Well, them going off by themselves might be better than them meeting up with people who believe like they do....also, if you have a vlog over about 3 to 5 minutes, it's a rant. 

Is she the gal with the truly bizzar modest swim wear video? Where she was batting her eyelashes at the camera as ahe awkwardly "glided" around a ymca pool in her swimwear. 

40 minutes ago, Grimalkin said:

Is she the gal with the truly bizzar modest swim wear video? Where she was batting her eyelashes at the camera as ahe awkwardly "glided" around a ymca pool in her swimwear. 

That's Candy! She also had a video of her preparing a snake for her family to eat.  It really was something!  

I don't know that Candy knows a language other than rant.  It's her native tongue.  This is why she is so misunderstood and thus at.... home church.  

18 minutes ago, bionicmlle said:

That's Candy! She also had a video of her preparing a snake for her family to eat.  It really was something!  

I don't know that Candy knows a language other than rant.  It's her native tongue.  This is why she is so misunderstood and thus at.... home church.  

She sure loves to articulate each of her words.

She doesn’t mean to be blunt, but she just can’t be all sweet and fluffy, and not teach you the truth about the evil denominations and divisions of “churches"

She’s overstepping her authority though. She’s only suppossed to teach us little women, how to be good wives, mommies and keeper’s of homes. 

She’s clearly usurping the authority of our headships with her rant on churches.

I'm guessing a lady like Candy continually questioning the Pastor at an IFB church went over like a lead balloon. In my experience, the Pastor will tell the congregation they welcome questions on the sermons, as "the Pastor isn't infallible, only the Bible is", but in reality, if you ask the wrong kind of questions, it's not tolerated for long.

Some of the points she raised, for example, certain denominational baptisms not qualifying one for membership in the local IFB church, would crop up as an issue in our church, too. There were several long-term church goers that were not okay with getting baptized again, and they were refused membership and "The Lord's Supper".

Having said that, she came off as a bit... unsteady... to me in the video, too. :my_confused:

1 hour ago, SledCat said:

I'm guessing a lady like Candy continually questioning the Pastor at an IFB church went over like a lead balloon. In my experience, the Pastor will tell the congregation they welcome questions on the sermons, as "the Pastor isn't infallible, only the Bible is", but in reality, if you ask the wrong kind of questions, it's not tolerated for long.

So kudos to Candy for being a rebel. Not many fundie wives get their whole family kicked out of 2 churches and ostracized from who-knows-how-many others. Doesn't she know her role in the church is to have babies, make sammiches, sit down & stfu? No one wants wimmin arguing about mid-trib rapture.

There's something so butch about Candy. I can so easily imagine her, topless and in suspender-ed dungarees, working the land with a pick ax in a separatist lesbian commune. Like, if she had to leave the radical Right, it wouldn't be that hard for her to transition to the radical Left. As long as it was radical. 

9 hours ago, SledCat said:

Some of the points she raised, for example, certain denominational baptisms not qualifying one for membership in the local IFB church, would crop up as an issue in our church, too. There were several long-term church goers that were not okay with getting baptized again, and they were refused membership and "The Lord's Supper".

Having said that, she came off as a bit... unsteady... to me in the video, too. :my_confused:

She’s totally missing the scripture where it tells her to be silent in the church and if she has a question to go home and ask her husband about it.

I seem to recall reading on her site where she tells women that their husbands, not their pastors, not other people’s husbands, are their only authority, but in the next she’s telling them in this video how she got kicked out of  church for fellowshipping a bit too much with the men, since the women don’t want to talk about the bible. I can just imagine the tongue wagging of those men, their wives and the other women that took place to get her kicked out.

Her husband must be the meek one in this relationship, and she’s clearly skipping over several verses to justify all her actions.

3 hours ago, keepsweet said:

I seem to recall reading on her site where she tells women that their husbands, not their pastors, not other people’s husbands, are their only authority, but in the next she’s telling them in this video how she got kicked out of  church for fellowshipping a bit too much with the men, since the women don’t want to talk about the bible. I can just imagine the tongue wagging of those men, their wives and the other women that took place to get her kicked out.

Oooh. I must have skipped over that part of the video. :D Adult bible studies usually have pretty strict gender divisions (at least, they did when I was going to church). I wonder if Candy caused a ruckus by showing up to a men's bible study or something. I agree with you that "fellowship" with the men, even if solely for Bible study purposes, would be problematic for a woman (even a married one), in an IFB church. How sad.

Candy didn't just argue with her pastors, she would write and print pamphlets to carry with her so that she could hand them out to anyone who disagreed with her.

27 minutes ago, spud said:

Candy didn't just argue with her pastors, she would write and print pamphlets to carry with her so that she could hand them out to anyone who disagreed with her.

Seriously!?! Did she say this? What is your source for this juicy bit of info?

I remember when she had the kids (as part of a SOTDRT art project) make How to Get Saved tracts to hand out to strangers they encountered. So, no, I don't doubt for a moment she'd make pamphlets for her fellow church goers.

I started to feel bad for Candy...then I remember the things she would say in her Meez or whatever gathering place.  I'm very much guessing that no one had issues with her because she was an "Aspie" (I don't accept the diagnosis of Dr. Candy Brauer via an internet quiz), I'm guessing people had issues with her because she told them their deceased non-True Christian relatives were burning in hell, told the non-headcovering women that they would be raped by demons, and insisted that people's Catholic friends and family were sacrificing infants and having Black Mass on Sabbath.

Turns out most people don't like that.

• 2 weeks later...
On 09/01/2016 at 6:34 PM, Florita said:

Seriously!?! Did she say this? What is your source for this juicy bit of info?

I remember when she had the kids (as part of a SOTDRT art project) make How to Get Saved tracts to hand out to strangers they encountered. So, no, I don't doubt for a moment she'd make pamphlets for her fellow church goers.

Sorry, haven't been on FJ since I posted this. Candy loves her research. She c&p the text from her "why I keep my kids with me in church and if you try to suggest  they go to the children's class instead, you're clearly a kiddie-fiddler" pamphlet to her blog. It had  alot of bible  quotes/references as well as Candy's translations of those quotes.

Found the article on her blog, http://eyes2jesus.blogspot.co.uk/2012/02/childrens-church-is-it-scriptural.html?m=1

She mentioned on her last blog that she printed these to hand out to anyone who invited the kids to go to Sunday school.

Archived