IGNORED

Jill & Jessa Special, Part 2: The Spurgening

keen23

TLC can only do so many shows without sponsors. I am not sure the three episodes were enough to make sponsors think it is a good idea to come back. Sponsors can find a spot for their commercials in during other shows and not deal with the fallout. It isn't as though any show on TLC is truly a highly rated hit thay sponsors are paying big bucks to have their commercial air. It's a third rate basic cable network where if it their shows were on network television they would all have been cancelled for low ratings. Does something like Johnson & Johnson or any family type sponsor really want to air during the Duggar show? It is no longer a wholesome show. It's all lies and coverups.

Had they handled the molestation correctly when it first occurred and not have also spread hate toward those not like them, they would still be on the air because people would have empathized with their pain. The cheating would have been a blip. The Duggars are now toxic and at some point TLC will have to let them go because they will never again have the same type of sponsorship.

17 minutes ago, socalrules said:

TLC can only do so many shows without sponsors. I am not sure the three episodes were enough to make sponsors think it is a good idea to come back. Sponsors can find a spot for their commercials in during other shows and not deal with the fallout. It isn't as though any show on TLC is truly a highly rated hit thay sponsors are paying big bucks to have their commercial air. It's a third rate basic cable network where if it their shows were on network television they would all have been cancelled for low ratings. Does something like Johnson & Johnson or any family type sponsor really want to air during the Duggar show? It is no longer a wholesome show. It's all lies and coverups.

Had they handled the molestation correctly when it first occurred and not have also spread hate toward those not like them, they would still be on the air because people would have empathized with their pain. The cheating would have been a blip. The Duggars are now toxic and at some point TLC will have to let them go because they will never again have the same type of sponsorship.

IDK- I know if they had handled it correctly from the get go, the records would be buried, but it appears too many people outside the family knew what had happened. It still floors me that JB had the balls/audacity to sell his family as so Godly and wholesome; better than most when the family had this in their past- and so many people knew.

On 1/4/2016 at 2:22 PM, Bad Wolf said:

Will they ever ne able to eat sturgeon without feeling silly?

They named their kid Spurgeon.  I don't think they're capable of feeling silly.

3 hours ago, Kira said:

Did the specials have sponsors? I thought someone had a list of ads that ran during the specials?

I don't think they really had sponsors... I think the few commercials that showed were from local cable networks that put whatever they wanted in them. I say that because of the variety of sponsors that people shared.

11 hours ago, OldFadedStar said:

I don't think they really had sponsors... I think the few commercials that showed were from local cable networks that put whatever they wanted in them. I say that because of the variety of sponsors that people shared.

yeah, i watched it online from comcast and i have to say that's the first time i've ever watched a comcast show online without an ad. 

11 hours ago, OldFadedStar said:

TLC ran ads from some companies without permission.  I cancelled my plated and graze account after their ads ran.  Plated has written back to me repeatedly that they did not intentionally place the ads.  Graze pretty much said "fuck off."  Tons of companies have pledged that they will not air ads, and the ones who had ads air have seen blowback.  I dont think anyone is going to step into the middle of that anytime soon, there's just no reason to.  There are plenty of other mid grade cable shows to air their tampon ads for that wont risk drawing negative opinions of the product.

I was just using a generic ad, but no, I dont think that fundies are allowed to "insert" anything other than their properly ordained husband's penis. 

Of all the creepy things in the name of religion, this is one of the creepiest to me. Religion that dictates feminine hygiene rules???? So out of my realm of understanding. smh

When it was time for the first Jill and Jessa special to air, my mom had pen and paper ready to write down the companies doing advertising so she'd be sure to never shop there ever again. Quickly, she realized it was pointless since all the promos were for TLC's own shows. Call it a pleasant surprise for both of us. We were ready to do battle that night, and then the other side (the advertisers) never showed up.

Archived