IGNORED

2016 Resolvers: Fitness Support

FundieFarmer

Ok spending the day with my mom has motivated me to get my head out of my ass and do this. Going to come up with some reasonable goals by the end of the day. I am at the dentist right now.

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Found a great health food place that has a lunch counter near my office. This is a very, very good thing. 

I also got a lot of workouts in this week and am swimming this evening. Hoping to go for a run this weekend as  well a long yoga/strength workout. And next week should be slower, so more time for good, consistent workouts.

I need to find a scale and weigh myself though. 

Ok my goals for the week- I'm starting slow here. No S for the week (no snacks, sweets, or seconds) my mod is fruit and veg are okay to get me back on track. Weekend treats are allowed.

I will be having a crazy week and will be helping my mom a lot I don't know what my schedule will be like. I will workout 5 days. My default workout will be walking my dog as a warm up then a bare minimum of 15 minutes body weight training. This way I have no excuse for not working out. 

This morning I saw 139.6 pounds on the scale. This is the first time in at least 5 years I've been under 140. Sadly, some of this can be attributed to the stomach bug I've had the past couple days.

Hey guys, I'm joining in. Anyone here who's doing Jillian Michaels? I've started the 30 day shred. Today is only day three (kind of, first day I got interrupted by a phone call after 10 minutes and couldn't bring myself to complete afterwards) and I'm already feeling better, my body feels fitter and I'm not as tired. I can't bring myself to devote a whole hour to sports so her 20 minutes units come in really handy, another 5 minutes are for stretching and 5 minutes I need to take a shower. I guess a half hour per day is manageable. 

I can't do push-ups so I'm doing more side jacks instead. 

On 4/26/2016 at 4:43 AM, Pretzel said:

Holding yourself in correct push up plank form for a while can help build up all those muscles too and get you ready for pushups. 

And I hear you on getting distracted from the phone call. Whenever I use YouTube videos for workouts I always have distraction issues. "Oh let me go check my email real fast" or the infamous, "I'm just gonna glance at FJ before the ab workout." Yeah right...

On 26.4.2016 at 10:43 AM, Pretzel said:

Hey guys, I'm joining in. Anyone here who's doing Jillian Michaels? I've started the 30 day shred. Today is only day three (kind of, first day I got interrupted by a phone call after 10 minutes and couldn't bring myself to complete afterwards) and I'm already feeling better, my body feels fitter and I'm not as tired. I can't bring myself to devote a whole hour to sports so her 20 minutes units come in really handy, another 5 minutes are for stretching and 5 minutes I need to take a shower. I guess a half hour per day is manageable. 

Thanks for mentioning this. I am getting married in four weeks, and I've been stress-eating a little too much these past few months. So I'm thinking I want to try to lose four or five pounds before the wedding. When I read your post, I researched the 30-day shred and it's just what I need! :)

I don't think I'll find the time to do it every day, but I'll aim for three to four days per week (plus my usual 90-minute step aerobics class on Mondays). I've only done it twice now, but I'm sore all over, so I figure it must be working. ;)

59 minutes ago, JillyO said:

Thanks for mentioning this. I am getting married in four weeks, and I've been stress-eating a little too much these past few months. So I'm thinking I want to try to lose four or five pounds before the wedding. When I read your post, I researched the 30-day shred and it's just what I need! :)

I don't think I'll find the time to do it every day, but I'll aim for three to four days per week (plus my usual 90-minute step aerobics class on Mondays). I've only done it twice now, but I'm sore all over, so I figure it must be working. ;)

It's totally working and I figured that once I passed day 4 my muscles all of a sudden stopped being sore. After only 5 days I can already see and feel results. It doesn't take longer than half an hour and I do mine right after getting up in the morning. It's definitely worth a shot. 

ETA: I, too, was looking for something that I could do at home, wouldn't take up too much of my time, something I could download from iTunes and which showed quick results without me having to drink shakes or go on a diet. The 30-day-shred is my first Jillian Michaels and so far I'm loving it. 

• 2 weeks later...

Finally dragging my un-breathing butt to OTF today! How is everyone else doing?

I joined a pilates studio and while adding more things to my schedule is the last thing I need, I think it's a pretty nice start to the day. (I'll be rethinking that after solstice and the days start getting shorter again, I'm sure.) 

I'm still running MWS and swimming TTHF, but it's been raining and cold so I haven't been on my bike in any sort of consistent pattern. It's frustrating, to say the least. 

I have a sprint tri on Sunday and then one three weeks after that. I'm excited. :) 

I've slacked off on the food tracking and weight/strength/stretching exercises, and my weight loss is stalled halfway to my goal, but I'm doing great on increasing my distance and overall endurance!

I'm planning to join my friend on a 12ish-mile walk this fall, in honor of his 70th birthday.  So far, in preparation, I've upped my usual 2 mile walks to 3 miles and even 4 miles.  As long as I'm on flat ground, extending the distances doesn't seem to bother my foot (I had a neuroma removed last year but something's still going on and I'll figure that out eventually).

Tomorrow friend and I will do a 6 mile walk.  It's been years since I've walked/hiked that far in one day.  But having done a few 4-mile walks recently with no trouble, I know 6 is definitely doable.  Will be thinking of you all!  12k steps before lunch, wahoo!

I'm down to 138# and I've lost 1/4 inch off my waist. DH and I have been walking almost every day, I've really gotten into the daily yoga habit (about 15-20 every morning). The only thing I've been slacking off on is resistance training.

Now I'm about to ruin it all on a 3 week trip to central Europe! The FSM has purposed to send us on a river cruise and college roomate reunion vacation. There will be much wine, and strudel, and Sacher torte, and...

Stay tuned for new fitness goals in early June!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey cool kids, can I sit at your fitness table too? I want to lose a good chunk of weight and firm up what remains because I'm too young for stretch marks and I look like I've been mauled by a tiger.

Awww sockinshoe! I have them too. Join us!!!!

I'm officially a size six now...had my wedding gown fitting yesterday and it fit! I had taken a gamble and ordered a size smaller than I was and not only did it fit but it was large in the top! Woooo! I'm hoping to be a 4-6 by my late June wedding.

I need to get back to OTF. Goal: go at least once this week. Will report back!

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/22/2016 at 11:01 AM, FundieFarmer said:

Awww sockinshoe! I have them too. Join us!!!!

I'm officially a size six now...had my wedding gown fitting yesterday and it fit! I had taken a gamble and ordered a size smaller than I was and not only did it fit but it was large in the top! Woooo! I'm hoping to be a 4-6 by my late June wedding.

I need to get back to OTF. Goal: go at least once this week. Will report back!

Congrats! I found out my stretch marks are caused by a hormonal issue, so there's not much I can do other than lose weight and get the extra skin removed. So that's plan A right now. I'm doing well on diet.

I really struggle with fitness, so I have enlisted Papa Sock (the most wonderful father of all time) to be my drill sergeant. I'm working from a 15 minute workout for women book. It's okay. I hate it so much. But it's okay.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys! Sooo my Fitbit died and I couldn't find the charger so I couldn't count ANY of the steps from all of our honeymoon hikes, fml. BUT I bought some new ones & decided I wanted to keep the momentum going that we had on our honeymoon. Plus, I've resolved that I want to lose ten lbs in the next two months! Just a little over a pound a week.

This week I'm going to:

•Move my OTF home membership

•Go to 2 OTF classes

•Not cry when I do OTF

Anybody with me?

• 4 weeks later...

I'd like to throw my name into the fitness ring. I'm back on weight watchers (down 1.1 so far) and my goal is 7.5 in the next four weeks. Doing okay so far but right now I would kill for some freshly baked peanut butter cookies.

On 26/06/2016 at 0:49 PM, FundieFarmer said:

Hey guys! Sooo my Fitbit died and I couldn't find the charger so I couldn't count ANY of the steps from all of our honeymoon hikes, fml. BUT I bought some new ones & decided I wanted to keep the momentum going that we had on our honeymoon. Plus, I've resolved that I want to lose ten lbs in the next two months! Just a little over a pound a week.

This week I'm going to:

•Move my OTF home membership

•Go to 2 OTF classes

•Not cry when I do OTF

Anybody with me?

What's OTF?

• 2 weeks later...

I fell off the wagon a little bit this week with a stop at the Cheesecake Factory... and pizza for dinner one night ... But by some miraculous act I lost half a pound still. My goal for this week is at LEAST 5k steps every single day. I want to build up to 10 but it's so hard with desk jobs...

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Suz8710 said:

@Mela99 how do you like ww? I never thought I'd do it, but I need to try something different.

It's honestly the only thing that has ever made a difference for me. I lost 40 pounds for it before my wedding. I fell off the wagon and got back on. The system has changed a little but truthfully, you're never hungry. There's always something zero points available.

I had made it to 14 pounds down from my starting weight until about a month ago when excessive hot weather, serious butterscotch candy cravings, and then more recently new kittens have upset my walking schedule.  I've come back up about 3 pounds so only 11 pounds down from starting weight now.  Cooling weather starts tomorrow (theoretically, and who knows if it will last or if more heat is coming) and I'm ready to get back to longer walks again, and more of 'em each week.  

At 14 pounds lost, I was 6 pounds from my original goal, so now I'm 9 pounds away from my goal.  I started this project in late September last year and I would love to achieve my goal by the one year mark, but that will mean an intense month and a half to drop 9 pounds.  Can I do it?

I'll try to report in here frequently and hope y'all find yourselves inspired to action this month as well!

I've gone back to WW (in late June).  I go to meetings.  I had to do something since the left foot/ankle continues to be belligerent and achy.  I know what to do to lose weight - I just seem to need the accountability of showing up for a weekly meeting to weigh in.  

• FundieFarmer locked this topic
  • choralcrusader8613 unpinned this topic

Archived