IGNORED

2016 Resolvers: Fitness Support

FundieFarmer

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Woooo @Destiny I sent you a FR! 

Do we have a MFP group too? That could be fun if people have that/not fitbit/both.

I didn't know they had groups. If you make one, I'll join.

How I've flipped this week: Stayed within my calorie range all days and made it to the gym 2x so far, hopefully have 2 more workouts to complete.

What I plan to do next week: Starting my Whole 30 tomorrow, got my "box" last night from the local service, so ready to go!

Is there a Sparkpeople group?

There's an old group on mfp that isn't active. I think I'm a member and can dig up a link, if anyone wants, or I'll join a new group if people prefer to start fresh.

There's an old group on mfp that isn't active. I think I'm a member and can dig up a link, if anyone wants, or I'll join a new group if people prefer to start fresh.

I'm good either way. I vaguely remember there being one, but I was being cagey about my real name back then.

5 minutes ago, halcionne said:

I can't figure out how to join.

You have to answer why you want to join. Whatever, that's too much work for me. 

2 hours ago, halcionne said:

I can't figure out how to join.

You have to do it from a real browser, while logged in to MFP. I sent a request a few min ago.

5 hours ago, Destiny said:

I have to invite you. I'll do so now. :)

I accepted your friend request and also would like to find the challenge you set up. 

17 minutes ago, church_of_dog said:

I accepted your friend request and also would like to find the challenge you set up. 

I sent you an invite. You should see it in the challenges section of the fitbit app.

37 minutes ago, Destiny said:

I sent you an invite. You should see it in the challenges section of the fitbit app.

I can't find a challenges section.  But when I go to settings/notifications I see that I have it set to receive challenge invites via email, so I'll see if something arrives (hasn't yet).  But when I searched I found this:

HOW DO I START A CHALLENGE?

To start a challenge you'll need the Fitbit app for iOS, Android, Windows Phone, or Windows 10. After you open the app, just tap the Challenges tab to get started.

and none of those apply to me (on a Mac) so maybe I can't do challenges with my version?  Seems odd, but odder things have happened...  

Sorry to need such babysitting here but I am totally out of my element.  It took me twenty minutes to realize that the reason I didn't see any change after accepting a few friend requests, is because I didn't have the "friends" tile active.  Sheesh.  I don't see a Challenges tile though.

Quick question: for those without Fitbit (and those with, but you guys have a meeting place) would anyone be interested in doing a private Facebook group? I've been trying to figure out a good way to work in accountability into my day without needing to buy a Fitbit but being able to do it in a social setting (where I currently live I have basically 4 friends, so actual people are a little out of the question besides the husband). I feel like on Facebook everyone could link in their Fitbit, strava, MFP, whatever you gegaw or widget of choice may be. Just a thought, feel free to hate the idea

ETA never mind, I didn't realize MFP had a social media type component, I always just used the calorie tracker. Disregard 

I clicked the link for MFP, it doesn't give me an option to join the group anywhere?

26 minutes ago, Mrsaztx said:

(snip)

ETA never mind, I didn't realize MFP had a social media type component, I always just used the calorie tracker. Disregard 

I clicked the link for MFP, it doesn't give me an option to join the group anywhere?

I"m not willing to join a facebook group, because I feel like I'm already "out" enough. Other people's mileage may vary.

In order to join the group, you have to log in to MFP from a real computer -mobile doesn't appear to work. On a real computer, the link FF posted will have a join group button.

35 minutes ago, Mrsaztx said:

I had the same problem until I realized I wasn't logged in.

I just went to the Fitbit help page and it seems that it's true, Mac users can't see challenges.  :cry:

They're considering adding that ability.  Oh well.

2 minutes ago, church_of_dog said:

I just went to the Fitbit help page and it seems that it's true, Mac users can't see challenges.  :cry:

They're considering adding that ability.  Oh well.

Do you not have the app installed on your phone? how are you syncing without the app?

4 minutes ago, Destiny said:

Do you not have the app installed on your phone? how are you syncing without the app?

I don't have a smartphone.  I sync to my Mac laptop.

Just now, church_of_dog said:

I don't have a smartphone.  I sync to my Mac laptop.

Ah. It's been so long since I synced to anything but my phone I forgot you could sync to a computer. Sorry. :(

Just now, Destiny said:

Ah. It's been so long since I synced to anything but my phone I forgot you could sync to a computer. Sorry. :(

S'ok.  If you knew me, you'd be surprised I have a cell phone (flip phone) at all -- I'm really rather a Luddite, although a Luddite with an internet addiction... :my_blush:

I guess I'll miss out on the challenges for now, but just having friends attached to my fitbit account will be new and inspiring for me to see how everyone's doing and challenge myself to make y'all proud...

I just got invited to a wedding at the end of March, so I am now inspired. Especially since there are going to be a lot of people I haven't seen in a long time there. 

I have pretty much sucked all this week, somewhat by design. Mister Destiny is starting a diet next week, and i am going to attempt to play along, which means I have been eating the crap out of my beloved bread since I won't get any for weeks while I am being supportive. Next week, I'll be dragging mister around for all the things, so I should do better.

Accomplishments: 

Completed 3/4 scheduled runs.

Made it to my long group run, despite being tired and staying up late. 

Added another swim practice.

Stayed under my calorie goal 5/7 days. On the days I went over, didn't go over my TDEE

Failures:

Missed a group run because "tired."

Didn't get on the bike at all.

Poor meal prep.

Sandbagged the swim time trial because I didn't feel like I belonged in the faster lane.

Forgot HRM and used that as an excuse to avoid the bike trainer.

Improvements:

Will plan meals better. 

Will attend group speed work class I skipped last week. 

Bike at lunch?

Work on attitude towards "where I belong."

On January 9, 2016 at 3:12 AM, Maggie Mae said:

Doe anyone want to be Strava friends? 

I didn't know about this site before. I think it's  beyond my fitness level at this point, but my husband is more of a distance runner, he might like it

• FundieFarmer locked this topic
  • choralcrusader8613 unpinned this topic

Archived