IGNORED

Duggar-related Shitstorm on Vyckie Garrison's public Facebook

Et Moi

12 minutes ago, Walking Cat Bed said:

Oh, what's his name. Bruce something-starting-with-a-G. Former fundy Baptist style preacher, now fundy atheist, still sexist but denies it. Here's a do not link to his contributions. 

Thanks.  I think I'll save that potential hate read for a snow day. :pb_lol:

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Et Moi said:

Bruce is just not a particularly good writer. I don't think I've read any of his pieces all the way through.

He is definitely a "fundamental atheist" -- same attitude, different focus. And he is also very anti-women; the world exists for men. I can't remember what exactly but he once came to FJ and posted a few posts after his name had been brought up (maybe by me, I can't remember all the details, and I think it was in the Yuku days and I find Yuku impossible to search).

12 minutes ago, Walking Cat Bed said: Oh, what's his name. Bruce something-starting-with-a-G. Former fundy Baptist style preacher, now fundy atheist, still sexist but denies it. Here's a do not link to his contributions. 

Thanks.  I think I'll save that potential hate read for a snow day. [emoji14]b_lol:

I have a snow day! But, then, I know too many of these atheist guys who are misogynistic and narrow minded. They think I'm weak for being agnostic, weak for being a liberal arts student (instead of glorious computer science or something), weak for being a feminist, and a liar when I say I'm a nerd. I have so many of them in my logic class, being such smartasses, and then only confusing themselves.

19 hours ago, Walking Cat Bed said:

Oh, what's his name. Bruce something-starting-with-a-G. Former fundy Baptist style preacher, now fundy atheist, still sexist but denies it. Here's a do not link to his contributions. 

Oh, yes.  That asshole.  I decided not to bother with him again after reading "Why Would Any Woman Want to be an Evangelical Christian?" a couple of years ago.  Yuck.

It doesn't look as though he has improved.

On 1/12/2016 at 8:07 AM, apple1 said:

Gah.

Another internet personality with an overly high opinion of herself (who previously self-destructed right on FJ -- and no, I can't link to it. It was bad enough that FJ admin had to move the thread to a hidden space).

She is another one who wrote super long posts that most people probably skipped over.  And yes, she thinks very highly of herself but showed her true side here and it isn't pretty. 

I ran across another retort as I was looking up content for the FJ FB the other day. I'll have a nose around and see if I can find it. This is really all a mess and the people who really lose out are the survivors.

54 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

She is another one who wrote super long posts that most people probably skipped over.  And yes, she thinks very highly of herself but showed her true side here and it isn't pretty. 

IIRC, she was undermuchgrace on yuku and then changed her name and posted over here a few times?

I completely missed her exit.  So much goes over my head and that is probably a good thing.

6 hours ago, apple1 said:

He is definitely a "fundamental atheist" -- same attitude, different focus. And he is also very anti-women; the world exists for men. I can't remember what exactly but he once came to FJ and posted a few posts after his name had been brought up (maybe by me, I can't remember all the details, and I think it was in the Yuku days and I find Yuku impossible to search).

I prefer to call them Fedora Atheists because invariably they all own fedoras which they like to tip to milady. 

14 minutes ago, Et Moi said:

I prefer to call them Fedora Atheists because invariably they all own fedoras which they like to tip to milady. 

I've always called them Angstheists. :pb_lol: But Fedora Atheist is damn good too! 

22 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

IIRC, she was undermuchgrace on yuku and then changed her name and posted over here a few times?

I completely missed her exit.  So much goes over my head and that is probably a good thing.

There's kind of a summary in this thread -- without getting into the details that led to the original mess have to be hidden.

35 minutes ago, Et Moi said:

Fedora hate always makes me sad. I've owned a fedora for 15 years. A REAL fedora, wool felt, not a trilby. I love that hat. 

BUT I don't wear it to appear "classy" or a "gentleman" or to show off that I'm a "nice guy". For one thing, I'm a ladyperson.

12 minutes ago, apple1 said:

There's kind of a summary in this thread -- without getting into the details that led to the original mess have to be hidden.

Oh, good grief.  That is bad even in the summary.  I didn't read the whole thing.

I remember that Hephzibah House thread and Brainsample's contributions.  FFS. Somehow  I never made the connection with UMG.   Say no more. 

And I need some of this.  :brainbleach:

2 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

Oh, yes.  That asshole.  I decided not to bother with him again after reading "Why Would Any Woman Want to be an Evangelical Christian?" a couple of years ago.  Yuck.

It doesn't look as though he has improved.

I seem to recall that the "Second Generation" NLQ folks challenged his presence on NLQ (as it was advertised as a resource for *women* getting out of fundamentalism, and he's very anti-woman) and Suz basically said "I want him to write for me, suck it, whiners". 

I'd tried to read his posts but they were just so ugly and confrontational and mean. Now, with the realization that NLQ really isn't "meant" for the Second Generation so much as the parents who dragged their families into fundamentalism, blamed their kids for any problems, and only left when THEY (the parents) had a bad experience, I get it. It really is very consistent. VG is narcissistic and will manipulate her own child for control; Suz is a two-faced control freak; Bruce is still mean, but without religious affiliation; Cindy can ramble and attribute "expertise" in anything to her medical career. They're still the shitty parents who decided to inflict fundamentalism on their children, and they're mad that the "children" aren't playing along anymore.

@Walking Cat Bed It is food for thought.  Why were people attracted to the mindset in the first place?  Why were they so compliant with sacrificing their children's well-being to the cause? 

I've spent more time trying to figure out Jen Fishburne than the others, but yes.  The similarities are definitely there.  It seems to me that the decent people who get out (and there are many) are too busy healing themselves and their children to want to be "stars" in the movement and throw their weight around.

It's like the scum rising to the top in the survivor pond, if you will forgive the expression. 

Like my Mom. She feels responsible for her part in getting our family entrenched, but she also had problems with the group we were attached to (and tried to get us out several times before she was successful). 

BUT Mom found her own "healing" on her terms, and out of the public eye. And she's made an effort to "make amends", as it were, with my siblings and I. 

Dad, on the other hand, was made to feel important and valuable until he started asking questions, at which point my parents and younger brother (my sister left as soon as she physically could, and I'd found a different church -- not much better, but I wasn't the only teenager) were thrown out. So he tends toward the angry and anti-religion. 

4 hours ago, apple1 said:

So what, she was arguing that somebody was trans because of childhood abuse? That doesn't even make sense.

So are these posts by Cindy K. also about this? Because it kind of looks that way. I think she's saying that the people who didn't think you should speculate about Duggar kids' sexuality are exhibiting black and white thinking.

undermuchgrace.blogspot.com/2016/01/black-and-white-thinking-after-exiting.html

undermuchgrace.blogspot.com/2016/01/emotional-self-regulation-adventures-in.html

NLQ has a post online concerning HA. To me, it simply seemed unnecessary. And sounded a bit like Vyckie was some kinda saint. Retaliation came to my mind. Bad taste anyways. Can somebody explain why they were so openly "critical" (more like bashing) HA?

19 hours ago, Et Moi said:

So are these posts by Cindy K. also about this? Because it kind of looks that way. I think she's saying that the people who didn't think you should speculate about Duggar kids' sexuality are exhibiting black and white thinking.

undermuchgrace.blogspot.com/2016/01/black-and-white-thinking-after-exiting.html

undermuchgrace.blogspot.com/2016/01/emotional-self-regulation-adventures-in.html

8 hours ago, Iamhispurity said:

NLQ has a post online concerning HA. To me, it simply seemed unnecessary. And sounded a bit like Vyckie was some kinda saint. Retaliation came to my mind. Bad taste anyways. Can somebody explain why they were so openly "critical" (more like bashing) HA?

I just checked NLQ, although I'm not feeling much like giving them clicks at the moment.  The black and white thinking post is on there as part 1 of 2.  I haven't done much more than glance at it so far.  The usual verbosity.

I think this is proof positive that Cindy K. has picked the NLQ side of the fence in this particular Survivor war. 

And, surprise, surprise, Heather Doney's emotional self regulation adventures post cross-posted on NLQ is also on UMG.

So Heather Doney has left HA because they behave like bullies.  Vyckie is the cat's miaow and HA has lynch mob mentality.  She has a right to her opinion, of course.  However, this sounds as though Heather is channeling Calulu/Suzanne's opinion of FJ.  Written to order?

@Iamhispurity Yes, retaliation and very bad taste.  The Survivor Wars are on!

I think the second generation has stayed fairly quiet since pulling their stuff from NLQ.  They would do well to maintain a dignified silence on this, IMO, and let the old bats rant on.

However, I haven't checked social media yet.  I'm not good with Instagram, Twitter and all that stuff.  Could someone take a look to see what is happening if they have time?

I'd usually put that popcorn icon on a post like this, but Survivor Wars make me sad.

Cindy K. is now on her 5th post in this series, not counting the survivor wars post or the one about young people being post modern. Since none of the second gen people seem to be responding, at what point does this become shouting into the wind?

On 1/13/2016 at 1:35 PM, Walking Cat Bed said:

3 minutes ago, Et Moi said:

Since none of the second gen people seem to be responding, at what point does this become shouting into the wind?

It doesn't look like her blog is open for comments.

5 minutes ago, Et Moi said:

Since none of the second gen people seem to be responding, at what point does this become shouting into the wind?

1 hour ago, Jezzable said:

It's not, but they've all got their own blogs and social media presences and best I can tell, nobody has said a word. The only comments any of the second generation people have made were the two blog posts saying they'd asked for their posts to be pulled from NLQ.

2 hours ago, Et Moi said:

, at what point does this become shouting into the wind?

Better than pissing in the wind,

Or against the wall for the matter.

Archived