IGNORED

Duggar-related Shitstorm on Vyckie Garrison's public Facebook

Et Moi

4 hours ago, Grimalkin said:

My tired brain thought it was Vicki Gunvleson from Housewives of OC. Two reality shows collided for a minute

Vicki Gunvalson would advise all of them to "get a jaaaahb!". 

Vyckie, on the other hand, seems nonplussed by the shitstorm on her page.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Could Vyckie have any less class that she does??

I may be old school, but I don't like seeing someone's mama and grandmother saying "yum" about their boyfriend on FB for the whole world to see.  Where I come from you just don't do that.

I never liked Vyckie for what she allowed to happen to her children, but I really soured on her when she publicly threw her daughter (Angel?) under the bus.  No class at all that one.

I loved Elizabeth Esther's comments. Really, listen to the kids. (Not that she's a kid now, but being raised in it.) They spent enough time being railroaded and picked over. Shouldn't they be the first concern? Not the source of vindictive humor. :562479528aee8_32(4):

Like, who thinks it's okay to go around speculating about sexuality of fundy kids who are still at home? And gets mad at people who question it?

I can't even imagine being a famous fundy kid and finding out half the internet thought I was gay. Especially if I actually was and was hoping nobody found out. I'd probably start looking for a bridge to jump off of.

Josh, Jill and Jessa are not children.  Jill and Jessa are putting themselves out there on their own reality show to keep the $$ rolling in, so knock yourselves out.  And Josh, what can one say about Joshley?  

Anyone 18 and under, just leave them the hell alone.  I hate people snaking on childrens' looks and whatever else. 

So I didn't know who Vyckie was/is until after reading the shitstorm last night.  I did a quick Google search, she strikes me as a very black and white person.  So she was totally quiverful and that was the greatest thing and she trolled people who didn't think like her.  Now she is an atheist and says her favorite thing to do is troll Christians.  So she hasn't really changed at all.  

7 hours ago, Grimalkin said:

My tired brain thought it was Vicki Gunvleson from Housewives of OC. Two reality shows collided for a minute

I did too. 

17 minutes ago, grandmadugger said:

So I didn't know who Vyckie was/is until after reading the shitstorm last night.  I did a quick Google search, she strikes me as a very black and white person.  So she was totally quiverful and that was the greatest thing and she trolled people who didn't think like her.  Now she is an atheist and says her favorite thing to do is troll Christians.  So she hasn't really changed at all.  

That's an accurate assessment. I wouldn't be surprised if she had diagnosible narcissistic traits. 

13 minutes ago, grandmadugger said:

Yeah, I had forgotten about her. Wasn't she somehow enmeshed in the Razing Ruth debacle? IIRC, she publicly vouched for "Ruth" and gave RR her first platform over at NLQ (which is why many initially viewed the story as legitimate). There was definitely some funny business with that -- either she was complicit or negligent, IMHO.

Bingo. She's the type who sees 'shiny' then goes running to live it. She gets off on the attention, I think as Koala said the reason this person disgusts me is because she takes none zero zilch responsibility for the effects her choices and wishes have made on her children. None.

Just as long as she gets to feel special or important somewhere. Atheist now huh? Wonder what next........ Because it will happen.

She was just an ignorant twat about the RR thing. Unsurprisingly.

4 hours ago, Koala said:

Could Vyckie have any less class that she does??

I may be old school, but I don't like seeing someone's mama and grandmother saying "yum" about their boyfriend on FB for the whole world to see.  Where I come from you just don't do that.

I never liked Vyckie for what she allowed to happen to her children, but I really soured on her when she publicly threw her daughter (Angel?) under the bus.  No class at all that one.

And Angel has appeared on the second Vyckie post virulently defending her mother. How ironic.

Vyckie makes me sick. She is a poor excuse for a human, and I can see why people such as Cynthia are furious she actually seems to get paid from time to time to represent, or at least speak about, the effects of QF.

2 hours ago, OkToBeTakei said:

Bingo. She's the type who sees 'shiny' then goes running to live it. She gets off on the attention, I think as Koala said the reason this person disgusts me is because she takes none zero zilch responsibility for the effects her choices and wishes have made on her children. None.

Just as long as she gets to feel special or important somewhere. Atheist now huh? Wonder what next........ Because it will happen.

She was just an ignorant twat about the RR thing. Unsurprisingly.

What happened to her kids?  I found a gofundme type of page where they were raising money to stay in their home.  It mentioned one of the kids having a bone disorder but that's about as far as I got.

I so got the famewhore vibe.  She won some Atheist of the year award, found the link on her twitter.  It felt more for the attention than she truly doesn't believe in Heaven and Hell anymore.  Just like the "They shut my power off and I was only a few days behind and my bill was only $45."  BULLSHIT times eleventy.  Cold weather rule is in effect, that can't shut the power off.  I can't imagine Nebraska doesn't have that program in place.

2 hours ago, Natalie22 said:

Would someone mind posting what Cynthia was saying?  I just feel way too lazy to scroll through facebook.

Cynthia made quite a few posts in reply to people, so I guess you might have to look yourself.

So what is the deal with Angel anyway? I've mostly lurked for ages and have seen people reference it but never could figure out what happened.

Poor Angel. She's alternately Vyk*ie's golden child and her biggest disappointment, depending on whether Angel is playing her mother's game to V's standards. 

I guess she's in her mother's graces for the moment.

The lack of compassion for indoctrinated and mistreated children is stunning. I don't care if their parents put them on TV, you don't start rumours about things that could cause them suffering.

Total shitstorm is a good description for all of this.

At best, I would say Vyckie was naive to post and expect things to go well.  I cannot really imagine what she was thinking when she posted.  

I would liken it to starting a small fire.  Maybe you wanted to create a little warmth, maybe you wanted to bring in some light.

But if you walk away and ignore it, you should not be surprised to come back and find your house has burned down and the surrounding neighborhood is blazing away.

568be85dc28e2_Vyckiecomments.png.c14632e

I find it highly ironic that her daughter tells someone to fuck off and then demands that her mother be respected.

The whole thing is rather sad.

"She has never been truly happy or treated well" 

I don't know. That kind of sounds to me like Angel is being manipulated into feeling sorry for her mom. I know Vyckie's marriage was unhappy. But it's been a while since. How long? *Never* been happy? 

11 hours ago, grandmadugger said:

Cold weather rule is in effect, that can't shut the power off.  I can't imagine Nebraska doesn't have that program in place.

I'm a NE native, and while there is a shutoff law, you have to meet incredibly strict income guidelines.  Not many people qualify.

Vyckie is still a lying liar who lies, though.

Man, I'm going to have to do some catch-up. I used to read NLQ pretty regularly about a decade ago and don't remember thinking Vyckie was terrible, actually found her interesting/sympathetic. But clearly I've missed a few things since then!! 

44 minutes ago, onlyme said:

"She has never been truly happy or treated well" 

I don't know. That kind of sounds to me like Angel is being manipulated into feeling sorry for her mom. I know Vyckie's marriage was unhappy. But it's been a while since. How long? *Never* been happy? 

http://www.salon.com/2009/03/14/joyce_quiverfull/

She started the No Longer Quivering site in early 2009 (after she had left her second husband, who was the father of most of her children). That is seven years ago.

Archived