IGNORED

Duggar-related Shitstorm on Vyckie Garrison's public Facebook

Et Moi

I don't understand why people are outraged that her power was cut off for non-payment 'in this day in age'

Don't we all have to pay for the shit we use? Or is she some kind of special?

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I read Vyckie's story some years back when someone talked about her on TWOP in the Duggar thread.  She's one that right off the bat triggered my WTF alarms.  I've had little sympathy for someone who 'fell' into that lifestyle by making that marriage to someone who quite clearly would not be able to support a family.  

17 hours ago, grandmadugger said:

So I didn't know who Vyckie was/is until after reading the shitstorm last night.  I did a quick Google search, she strikes me as a very black and white person.  So she was totally quiverful and that was the greatest thing and she trolled people who didn't think like her.  Now she is an atheist and says her favorite thing to do is troll Christians.  So she hasn't really changed at all.  

Didn't Vykie claim to be dabbling in "white power" when she was enrolled in Job Corps? That's what I remember, at least. She alternates between having her story up and then taking it down, depending on the situation. She seems to the sort of person who has to be on the drama llama 24/7, and that has to be exhausting for the people around her.

When was the whole power debacle?

As for Angel defending Vyckie, I am totally not surprised.  Narcissistic parents have a way of providing an absolutely shitty upbringing for their kids and still making the kids feel sorry for them.

ETA- okay, read the power thing and I am inclined to not believe her story.  Too many holes.  Pay your bills Vyckie, and stop acting outraged that the power company isn't prioritizing your children.  That's your job, and lord knows you've never been bothered with it. 

12 minutes ago, Et Moi said:

Oh, but she got embarrassed in front of Al Jazeera when the power went out. It can't be her fault.

Of course not!  Nothing in her life ever is.  They should be honored to provide her with power.  

On 1/4/2016 at 3:52 PM, ADoyle90815 said:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought that at first. As for the FB thread, I was able to "like" the comment, "What the fuck is a Duggar?"

I'm all full of answers of what exactly a Duggar is...

None of them very family friendly either.

5 hours ago, NeverAFundie said:

I'm a NE native, and while there is a shutoff law, you have to meet incredibly strict income guidelines.  Not many people qualify.

Vyckie is still a lying liar who lies, though.

In Kansas there is no income guidelines, they can't shut power or gas off Nov. 1 - March 1 unless the temp is forecasted to be above 40 for 2 days or something like that.  I just figured most were similar.  The story still has more holes in it than swiss cheese.

sstorm.png

7 minutes ago, grandmadugger said:

In Kansas there is no income guidelines, they can't shut power or gas off Nov. 1 - March 1 unless the temp is forecasted to be above 40 for 2 days or something like that.  I just figured most were similar.  The story still has more holes in it than swiss cheese.

Here's the relevant section from her power company:

The account shall be subject to disconnection after becoming delinquent except as to domestic subscribers and the District shall send a written advance notice of disconnection to the consumer by First Class or Certified Mail to the Name and Address shown on the District's billing ledger.

(emphasis added)

http://erppd.com/wp-content/uploads/3070-Payment-Policy.pdf

It's not happened often to me, but the times I have been late, I've always received written notification.  I find it hard to believe her ONLY contact was a single voice mail . . . 

At least the rest of the post-fundie bloggers aren't playing V's game.

LJF has, without naming names, shut the entire discussion down in her post today. As she tends to do with fundamentalism-related posts. 

1 hour ago, SpoonfulOSugar said:

Here's the relevant section from her power company:

http://erppd.com/wp-content/uploads/3070-Payment-Policy.pdf

It's not happened often to me, but the times I have been late, I've always received written notification.  I find it hard to believe her ONLY contact was a single voice mail . . . 

Yeah I couldn't believe only a voice mail.  But saying it was only a few days late, no written notice, it was below 20, etc makes a better story.

Oh, Vyckie. I'd forgotten how toxic and batshit she was.

Speculating on the sexuality of people raised in a cult environment where they would be considered evil for being gay is wrong. I don't care if they're 7 or 37. If you've been raised to believe you will be damned to hell and shunned by everyone in your circle for gay thoughts or being gay, you're not in an healthy environment and nobody should be discussing that shit online because it can hurt them.

I don't get why people would want to discuss anyone's sexuality (unless that person specifically opened a discussion about it), especially when they're under 18.

But why am I not surprised VG thinks it's totally cool?

I'm pretty sure that VG has claimed that we at FJ are totally okay with this kind of thing, and used it as a way to prove that NLQ is ~better~.

Bullshit.

And, for fuck's sake, the kids in these families can't even express normal heterosexual behavior! Michelle was furious because Jill front-hugged Derick! Any indication of non-heterosexuality...The J in question would be up shit creek and on their way to being "counseled" by Gothard.

2 hours ago, Walking Cat Bed said:

At least the rest of the post-fundie bloggers aren't playing V's game.

LJF has, without naming names, shut the entire discussion down in her post today. As she tends to do with fundamentalism-related posts. 

I was just about to bring her post up. As usual she lays it all out and make's a great point. She's my patron saint of ex-fundies, even if I don't agree with her on everything.

53 minutes ago, Walking Cat Bed said:

I'm pretty sure that VG has claimed that we at FJ are totally okay with this kind of thing, and used it as a way to prove that NLQ is ~better~.

Bullshit.

And, for fuck's sake, the kids in these families can't even express normal heterosexual behavior! Michelle was furious because Jill front-hugged Derick! Any indication of non-heterosexuality...The J in question would be up shit creek and on their way to being "counseled" by Gothard.

Even before there was a specific rule in place to forbid that kind of discussion, it was always shut down by regular members. I remember explaining on one occasion why it was offensive and the few who had engaged in that behaviour listened and appreciated having that explained to them (I wasn't the only one who said it, I just remember that instance in particular because I was involved).

VG loathes FJ and isn't above telling blatant lies about the group to serve her needs. It's a shame, because at one time NLQ was a great resource.  You know, before she went totally batshit and vouched for scammers.

I actually started reading FJ after the Razing Ruth implosion -- because of how VG and S refused to take any responsibility for promoting a scam. And, a lot like this, tried to turn it around on the people who were trying to suss out accurate information instead of trusting NLQ without question. And realized, very quickly, that FJ is not what they claimed.

10 minutes ago, Walking Cat Bed said:

I actually started reading FJ after the Razing Ruth implosion -- because of how VG and S refused to take any responsibility for promoting a scam. And, a lot like this, tried to turn it around on the people who were trying to suss out accurate information instead of trusting NLQ without question. And realized, very quickly, that FJ is not what they claimed.

That's pretty telling. I can't remember how long I've been here (certainly several years before the rapture, but I'm not sure how many) but back in my Yuku days I had a lot of respect for VG and for NLQ. I overlooked any doubts I had about her because I believed that ultimately her site was a force of good and I think at that time her relationship with FJ was decent.

I can't remember what it was that got her started on our asses, I think maybe members were questioning her story and criticising her behaviour (especially in regards to her kids, and even moreso with Angel in particular) and she felt like they were butting in and had no business discussing those things, even though she had made her issues public. I remember her being super pissed about that.

I think the final nail on the coffin was Ruth.

Back in the Yuku days 99% of us totally believed Ruth - and yes, I was one of those people - and the 1% who questioned Ruth got kind of dogpiled on. For a lot of us, whatever questions we had about her story were overshadowed by VG vouching for her. We knew that VG was a flawed person, but she was also a real person who was really against QF/ATI and so when she said she'd talked to Ruth and Ruth had proved her veracity we believed her.

When Ruth was proven to be a fraud and Vyvkie attacked us for wanting the truth (members had donated over $8000 to her over the years, so god knows they deserved an answer), I think that sealed the deal and made her really despise us. I'm not sure if it was because she didn't like being disagreed with, or if she was humiliated and felt we'd exposed her and thus she was under attack, but she doubled down on her defense and doubled down on hating us.

That's how I remember it, anyway. I might be wrong, it's been a long time since it all began.It says a lot to me that you were able to discern her bullshit without having been a FJ member beforehand.

I know that VG has her fans and I'll admit I've liked some of the posts at NLQ that were by folks other than her. However, VG herself reminds me in some ways of Jen from Jen's Gems. The need for attention, the absolutism in her thinking and sometimes even the tone of her posts all seem very similar to me.

29 minutes ago, Et Moi said:

So Vyckie actually claimed to have spoken with Ruth/vouched for her being a real person?

Yes. She straight-up said that she could confirm Ruth was real. That much I remember clearly.

I might have the details wrong, so better-informed FJites will hopefully correct me if I do, but I believe she told people she met Ruth in person and saw her ID (or something similarly irrefutable) and had spoken to her on the phone.

We know they couldn't have met in person, and she wasn't a real person so Vyckie couldn't have vetted her to the degree she claimed. I think most people believe she spoke to the scammer on the phone a few times and agreed to lie about having seen proof she was real because she personally believed Ruth.

Then, when it all came out she was fake she doubled down on the lies rather than admit she'd been taken in by a hoax and had agreed to lie about her veracity because she wanted to give her legitimacy because she believed Ruth needed the help. I don't think there would have been any shame in admitting that and accepting accountability for that decision. I'd have respected that.

Archived