IGNORED

Duggar-related Shitstorm on Vyckie Garrison's public Facebook

Et Moi

I was checking up on my favorite fundies and ex-fundies Facebook pages and came across a massive shitstorm currently in progress on Vyckie Garrison's Facebook wall. She started a thread about 2016 Duggar predictions, a bunch of people started speculating about the sexuality of Duggar kids, a bunch of ex-fundy kids asked them to stop and well, it goes downhill from there. 

(I posted here instead of the Duggar Snark because it's more about Vyckie, but mods, feel free to move it)

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Et Moi said:

I was checking up on my favorite fundies and ex-fundies Facebook pages and came across a massive shitstorm currently in progress on Vyckie Garrison's Facebook wall. She started a thread about 2016 Duggar predictions, a bunch of people started speculating about the sexuality of Duggar kids, a bunch of ex-fundy kids asked them to stop and well, it goes downhill from there. 

(I posted here instead of the Duggar Snark because it's more about Vyckie, but mods, feel free to move it)

She or someone has deleted most of the comments. :( 

10 minutes ago, grandmadugger said:

She or someone has deleted most of the comments. :( 

Most of the comments are in nested discussions. That might be why you're not seeing them. You've got to expand the nested posts.

Just now, Et Moi said:

Most of the comments are in nested discussions. That might be why you're not seeing them. You've got to expand the nested posts.

I did and it was just one person talking to themselves like what she was responding to had been deleted.

17 minutes ago, grandmadugger said:

I did and it was just one person talking to themselves like what she was responding to had been deleted.

Weird. Whose comments were showing up?

4 minutes ago, Et Moi said:

Weird. Who's comments were showing up?

This time more loaded I was only seeing Jennifer talking to herself.  My FB must of glitched.

Hmm, this is weird. I just opened the Facebook page in an incognito tab to make sure my browser wasn't caching anything and I still see everything. Is there maybe a commenter that has you blocked?

1 minute ago, Et Moi said:

Hmm, this is weird. I just opened the Facebook page in an incognito tab to make sure my browser wasn't caching anything and I still see everything. Is there maybe a commenter that has you blocked?

I don't know who, I'm not in any fundie circles.  I highly doubt any of those people would block me unless they just randomly look for people on FB to block if they think they are heathens.  I'm sure my belly dancer pics could piss off a fundie.

6 minutes ago, grandmadugger said:

I don't know who, I'm not in any fundie circles.  I highly doubt any of those people would block me unless they just randomly look for people on FB to block if they think they are heathens.  I'm sure my belly dancer pics could piss off a fundie.

Weird. Try opening the link in incognito mode. I did that and can see everything even though I'm not logged in to Facebook in incognito.

Oh, I bet I know what the problem is. There's like 500 some comments, 170 some odd are nested under one person's comment, it's probably overloading your browser if you're low on memory on your computer. It takes forever to load the whole thing.

8 minutes ago, Et Moi said:

Oh, I bet I know what the problem is. There's like 500 some comments, 170 some odd are nested under one person's comment, it's probably overloading your browser if you're low on memory on your computer. It takes forever to load the whole thing.

Yeah when I closed some of the 20 tabs they started loading.  I'm in the fight thread where physical threats are being talked about and some internet stalking.  This is batshit crazy.

8 minutes ago, grandmadugger said:

Yeah when I closed some of the 20 tabs they started loading.  I'm in the fight thread where physical threats are being talked about and some internet stalking.  This is batshit crazy.

Yeah, that's peak shit storm. I don't know how in the world someone thinks the appropriate response to someone disagreeing on Facebook is to offer to fight them.

interesting that cynthia jeub commented. the smallness of the fundie (and ex-fundie) world!

Of course Vyk*ie is going to let people get ugly and threaten each other (and talk about how FJ is a cesspool) and not say a damn thing about it.

And start a conversation that involves victim-blaming and being abusive and ugly about children. 

There are several reasons I don't communicate with Vyk*ie, and this shit right here is, like, five of them.

I just thought it was funny that someone said, "What the fuck is a Duggar?" 

:laughing-rolling:

My tired brain thought it was Vicki Gunvleson from Housewives of OC. Two reality shows collided for a minute

It's disgusting. The Duggar kids are still people and they can't help how their parents run things. I'm all for exposing the mind set, and even shaming the perpetrators a bit (or at least trying to) but the kids shouldn't have this crap aimed at them. I haven't paid attention, much, to Vyckie, but I've seen her referred to here as a fame whore, and here I can totally see why. 

3 hours ago, Grimalkin said:

My tired brain thought it was Vicki Gunvleson from Housewives of OC. Two reality shows collided for a minute

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought that at first. As for the FB thread, I was able to "like" the comment, "What the fuck is a Duggar?"

And now at the bottom of the thread, ex-fundy blogger Elizabeth Esther has waded in to the fray, calling out the mocking of Duggar children.

Plus, Vyckie has started a new thread, about the old thread, which is rapidly turning into another shitstorm. And people are asking for their posts to be removed from NLQ over this.

https://www.facebook.com/vyckieg/posts/10152836781663039?pnref=story

Archived