• Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Sign in to follow this  
Kira

Discovery Wants To Grow Up......

Puzzled
Fascinated

Yeah, if Discovery is the circus, TLC is the freak show. 

JHeathen

" But TLC, the network argues, fills its own important niche. Zaslav, wearing blue suede shoes and sitting in a director’s chair in his airy corner office overlooking midtown Manhattan, said the “misunderstood” TLC provides thoughtful storytelling designed for American families beyond the hoity-toity coastal elite.

“TLC is a very powerful and heartfelt Middle America brand. When we look at TLC, we basically say, ‘F--- New York and L.A.,’ ” Zaslav said. “Most of the media is not speaking to Middle America. So what are the shows we can put on [for] 42-year-old mom who gives her husband and two kids dinner, and then puts the TV set on? What is she going to watch that she can relate to, that’s going to be entertaining and fun for her?”

“When people go to TLC to get nourished,” he added, “there’s a certain kind of content they’re looking for." "

This  makes me really angry...as if no one outside of NY & LA has a brain?  This 46-yr-old mom of two kids who feeds them and her husband is sickened by what TLC puts on the air...and FWIW, I left NYC 15 years ago.

RosyDaisy

Discovery can kiss this redneck gal's ass! The only reality show I ever liked was "Storm Chasers". That is until the focus of the show stopped being about storm chasers doing actual scientific research.

Discovery obviously fails to do it's homework before green lighting shows. HBB and 19 KAC weren't the only shows with awful scandals.

Meh
manda b

I miss the good ole days. When animal planet was about animals, TLC was The Learning Channel and The History Channel wasn't about aliens.

browncoatslytherin
I miss the good ole days. When animal planet was about animals, TLC was The Learning Channel and The History Channel wasn't about aliens.

and courttv wasn't trutv and had interesting series and documentaries instead of clip shows and reality shows

Waffle Time
OldFadedStar

I've had cable for the past three weeks and I've ended up on TLC a time or two...

I feel like it's gone downhill drastically since I last had cable in 2012.

FloraKitty35
On 1/5/2016 at 3:49 PM, browncoatslytherin said:

and courttv wasn't trutv and had interesting series and documentaries instead of clip shows and reality shows

Don't forget when A & E used to have Biography, America's Castles, etc...

religiouslyconfused

I sometimes wonder if it is even worth having cable. 

MatthewDuggar
20 hours ago, religiouslyconfused said:

I hope that in the near future my cable provider will allow for " a la carte" selection for channels with appropriate pricing. 

19 cats and counting
20 hours ago, religiouslyconfused said:

I replaced cable with Netflix and Amazon prime and don't miss it (I gave it a month experiment in June 2014).

What I do miss is the tablet I would watch my shows on (it died on New Years eve).

Depressed
Maggie Mae

I haven't had cable in years. The only thing that we watch live is football, and I'm not going to elaborate on that. 

I don't miss it. I especially don't miss the bill. 

Pixiedust1960

I think about giving up cable but other family members not so much. 

browncoatslytherin

any form of media we watch, if we don't physically have it, we just stream it. it's so much better than dealing with cable. plus, at this time in the election process, no political ads! hurrah!