IGNORED

Fundie preachers just have to have 1st class or private jets

47of74

Fundie preachers Kenneth Copeland and Jesse Duplantis explained Tuesday that they just had to have either first class or private jets in order to be protected and to be able to talk to God;

The conversation took place on Tuesday during a broadcast of The Believers Voice of Victory. The two preachers were seated at a folksy table when Duplantis recounted his personal conversation with the Lord Almighty while riding in his private jet.

The Lord apparently opened with, “Jesse, do you like your plane?”

Although the conversation sounded suspiciously like Duplantis talking to himself, Ken Copeland chimed in, saying, “You couldn’t have done that on an airline,” and that “Private jets are sanctuary that protect the anointed.”

Copeland went on to say that commercial airline travel was impossible for preachers in a “dope filled world” and that riding coach was like “getting in a long tube with a bunch of demons.”

Yeah Kenny, speaking as one of the demons I'd rather not fly with you either.  Makes me fucking sick - there are people who will be sleeping out in the cold and these two supposed men of God are going about flaunting their wealth. 

Well, those are arguments for private plane ownership that I haven't heard before.  I did have a rather rollicking discussion with a family member about how hypocritical it seemed that Joyce Meyers could fling about the $$ that she did for planes, homes, furniture, you name it.  If Jesus could advise a man to give away the clothes on the man's back, that would seem to preclude owning a jet.

These assholes either don't know or don't fucking care how much damage that they do to Christianity with their talk of private jets.  Non-Christians don't have trouble seeing the hypocrisy and neither do many Christians.  I think both Kenneth and Jesse need to go back and read the parable of the Sheep and the Goats in Matthew 25: 26-31.

These people have clearly never read the story of the widow's mite, either.

Things like this convince me they don't remotely believe in the God / Jesus  Heaven/Hell  they preach about, or they would fear for their very souls for acting like this in His name.

It's true, though. I flew to Florida today on a *gasp* commercial plane. I swear all the old folks pre-boarding in their wheelchairs were high as kites. And the demons!  I sat next to a couple of those, in their Christmas sweaters clutching the armrests in fear. It was a dope filled nightmare of a flight, let me tell you. 

Reminds me of how apparently Mother Teresa and her people apparently all flew first class.

So much for "easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle"

It's jerks like these who give Christians and Christianity a bad name.

Back around 1990, some prosperity-gospel televangelist was heard to say that "God didn't want [him] riding around in some little Honda." My tween said with scorn, "JESUS rode around on a DONKEY."

23 minutes ago, Hane said:

Back around 1990, some prosperity-gospel televangelist was heard to say that "God didn't want [him] riding around in some little Honda." My tween said with scorn, "JESUS rode around on a DONKEY."

Francis at least used little Fiat 500Ls for ground transport while here in the states - he requested simple and modest for cars that would be used to drive him and not some big ass limos.  Say what you will about the Catholic Church and I can say a lot, but at least that's a start.

1 minute ago, Toothfairy said:

Why aren't we taxing the churches?

Tax exemption for churches started in the US back in colonial times, when the responsibilities of the church and government overlapped in terms of social welfare services--when public schools, hospitals, and aid for the poor weren't widespread. As time went by and the line of demarcation between government and church social services became more apparent, churches maintained their tax-exempt status--even though many religious bodies do little to support the needy.

i belong to a church, and agree that churches and other religious bodies should no longer be tax exempt.

3 hours ago, Toothfairy said:

Why aren't we taxing the churches?

I hope only autoplays have to be behind a spoiler tag because I pasted the link, it turned into that, and I can't get it behind a cut.

John Oliver goes over taxation and problems with not doing it, and shows how easy it is to start a legal church by starting Our Lady of Perpetual Exemption that could take donations, which went to Doctors Without Borders because he's not an asshole.

I remember way back in the late 70s, early 80's, about a presentation given at my father's branch of the VFW about starting one's own church for the tax benefits.  I guess my father wasn't as gullible as some of the other members since he didn't go to that "infomercial."

John Oliver goes over taxation and problems with not doing it, and shows how easy it is to start a legal church by starting Our Lady of Perpetual Exemption that could take donations, which went to Doctors Without Borders because he's not an asshole.

Yeah I remember him doing that a few years back. I'm glad the money went to a good cause.

6 hours ago, Hane said:

There's a video on YouTube with Bob Tilton thundering "Those nice new cars weren't made for the devil and his kids, they were made for GOD AND HIS KIDS!!!" :boom:

I agree that these wahoos are nuttier than a Christmas fruitcake, and not to pick a nit, but Copeland and Duplantis are not what I would call fundie by any stretch of the imagination.  They are full-on name it and claim it prosperity gospel, "Word of Faith". Copeland's wife preaches as much as he does.  They give wifely submission lip-service but there isn't any of it going on, that's for damn sure.

Well of course preachers want private jets! Xgay Greg grew beyond the motorcoach and decided he needed a jumbo jet to get his message out.

1 minute ago, Toothfairy said: Why aren't we taxing the churches?

Tax exemption for churches started in the US back in colonial times, when the responsibilities of the church and government overlapped in terms of social welfare services--when public schools, hospitals, and aid for the poor weren't widespread. As time went by and the line of demarcation between government and church social services became more apparent, churches maintained their tax-exempt status--even though many religious bodies do little to support the needy.

i belong to a church, and agree that churches and other religious bodies should no longer be tax exempt.

At least having to report spending like other non profits. They don't have to justify how money is spent and we can see those results.

Wow. I thought these high and mighty preachers knew what to do about demons. Seriously, I learned demons are supposed to flee at the name of Jesus. If they can't handle demons, then why on earth are they preaching?

(Don't answer that, we all know it's about the grift.)

4 hours ago, Peas n carrots said:

Well of course preachers want private jets! Xgay Greg grew beyond the motorcoach and decided he needed a jumbo jet to get his message out.

And of course who can forget Creflo Dollar who wanted a $65 million dollar Gulfstream G650...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/steve-siebold/the-biggest-scam-of-all-p_b_7521170.html

10 minutes ago, 47of74 said:

And of course who can forget Creflo Dollar who wanted a $65 million dollar Gulfstream G650...

A grifty grifter who grifts. He's a charlatan and pimp preacher. Can't stand him and I do not understand those who support his "ministry". Ugh, barf.:Grrrrr:

Archived