IGNORED

Duggars soliciting fans to contact TLC

Buzzard

Guys, would it be morally wrong to use 3 different email addresses for this?

Just wondering.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, ShepherdontheRock said:

Guys, would it be morally wrong to use 3 different email addresses for this?

Just wondering.

Yes, but we would forgive you :)

Just now, Jingerbread said:

I complied with their request for comment.  They wouldn't like what I said.

Me neither. I may have said that continuing to show the Duggar family on TV shows approval of physical and sexual abuse.

I need them to explain what else is there to show. The last three episodes reflected everything they had left. Going to a petting zoo or getting wisdom teeth taken out has been done ten times. We don't need to see it again. We have seen multiple courtships, weddings and births. What new are they going to bring that we haven't seen? Since the Duggars don't watch TV, maybe they are not aware that shows end when there are no more stories to tell and your audience has moved on. 

On 12/30/2015 at 8:58 AM, Buzzard said:

I'm putting this as its own thread because I know that not all of us read the mega threads.  This was posted on the Duggar blog yesterday

solicit.thumb.jpg.71b33d09b253dc5b56a936

http://www.duggarfamilyblog.com/2015/12/send-your-feedback-to-tlc.html

Of course, we know that it wasnt "written" by the Duggars, but it most certainly was blessed by them.  

NO, we do NOT want to see an entire series of 'counting on!'  You guys know what to do, the link to Discovery communications is below so you dont have to click on their site.

https://corporate.discovery.com/contact/viewer-relations/

Done!

Oh boy did I ever reply. Requested a response too!

I had no issue using my postcode (Canada) My fingers flew, I think I may have dropped a wall of text on them...

OOps..

So if you want to be Canadian here are some postcodes.. M1J 2N9- M5B 2P7, m5g2c2  all Toronto all within the area of Rogers Cable

OR

93108 Santa Barbara 10012 NY 90210 Bev Hills..lol

Can you just imagine all the people who are "praying" for them, so many comments of support.

I weep for this earth :my_sick:

Thanks for the link, Buzzard!

I just sent TLC a wall of vexed text. Hopefully they actually listen to those of us who are not leg humpers...

On December 30, 2015 at 4:16 PM, HarryPotterFan said:

I can't help but wonder what ratio of leg humpers to "haters" is needed to prevent this from turning into a series. 

Oh hell, I forgot to add the point that these people are more boring than watching paint dry.  

I wrote in my message that I intended to follow up with advertisers.  Now I have to remember to do it. 

2 hours ago, Catey said:

. . . .

So if you want to be Canadian here are some postcodes.. M1J 2N9- M5B 2P7, m5g2c2  all Toronto all within the area of Rogers Cable

I am glad you included the cable company.  I suspect they may discount the messages where the zip code and the tv service do not match.

I was thinking about all this probably too much.  I think if TLC decides to float the idea of continuing to infect the airwaves by showcasing this dangerous and harmful "lifestyle" and belief system (or if they actually do so), TLC will be hearing from myself and others on a consistent basis.  Particularly if they continue to glorify or try to normalize this horrific parenting style based on the beliefs of Gothard.  If they decided to totally change tactics and air programs that show the true sordid underbelly of this Duggar way and/or showed the family members taking positive steps to denounce this dangerous and harmful bullshit and make constructive changes in their lives, I may feel different.  I have several friends and family members on board with the plan should it be necessary.

I seriously can't even begin to understand why a channel that ever went by the slogan The Learning Channel would continue down the road they are traveling.

How long can TLC keep putting on shows where there are minimal sponsors? Based on I have seen here, some people only saw TLC commercials and others had a few real sponsored commercials. Even here in souther California there were way more TLC commercials than regular sponsors. Most of the breaks had only TLC commercials. How does TLC make money off this? Granted JIll and Jessa wouldn't be paid as much as Jim Bob was for the original show but if you cannot get big time sponsors, it's not worth it. TLC can make more money off another show without all the controversy and fresh stories. The cash cow that was the Duggars is over.  

I haven't a clue how TV world works but if they have to beg people to write in for them, it sounds as if it wasn't a handshake deal after the "specials". I would think that means Discovery/TLC isn't just going to give them their show back.

I have a couple of speculations on the "Why would TLC air this?" train:

- TLC already had footage in the can that predated the cancellation, so they wanted to get some use out of it.

- TLC already had financial commitments to crew/editing/JB and decided to put their contracts to use rather than pay penalties or whatever. (I'm less sure about this.)

- Since they already had the footage, it was easy to put together the specials to test the waters and see what the REAL response to an AIRED show was.

- They were running low on new material to air, so the specials didn't take up slots better used for other shows.

I think these specials were actually a success for them, given the viewer numbers. Whether or not they will tape another special, with the blowback and the lack of sponsors, is a different question; it's worth separating the two issues when discussing it.

They may have been a success based on eyeballs, but the duggars are a corporation's worst nightmare.  The few advertisers that ran during the show faced swift and very loud backlash.  I dont know that anyone would place themselves in the middle of that target again.  Its just not worth it. 

8 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

They may have been a success based on eyeballs, but the duggars are a corporation's worst nightmare.  The few advertisers that ran during the show faced swift and very loud backlash.  I dont know that anyone would place themselves in the middle of that target again.  Its just not worth it. 

I agree. I believe they thought if they showed a couple of shows that made the public "feel" their pain of all of Josh's transgressions we would fee sympathy for all they have been through.

The birth of Spurge did better than the other two shows as birth stories always go well and people already knew there had been a 911 call and were curious. But, to continue is really not financially feasible. They were hoping the public had "forgotten" but have realized and the sponsors also that the public does not want this train wreck back on TV. Now, there are articles out about Jill and Derrick and their form of discipline of Izzy. The hole the Duggars are in seems to just keep getting deeper rather than going away. I, also think there is more on Josh to come out and probably some other hidden gems as well.

It is the Duggars own fault. They built their brand on a pile of lies and it is starting to disintegrate before their very eyes. I know JB must be at wit's end (that is if he has a brain) watching his kingdom go down in the shitter.

Even with the lack of sponsers, TLC is still supported by everyone who has TLC in their cable bundle, even if the subscribers never watch TLC. I wonder if requests by customers to the cable company to cancel cable would have a more definitive impact? It's a bold move though ...

I left a very scathing comment to and go the same generic auto reply.

15 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I finally got mine.  I wonder if someone is sitting there with a chalkboard tallying pro v con emails

Oh, surely not a chalkboard.  Everything is dry erase these days because chalk dust is not good for electronics.:kitty-wink:

I wouldn't even mind if a spin-off happened. The Duggars' reputation is already shot to hell with the public at large - I think more exposure would just invite more scrutiny, and possibly more skeletons will fall out of the closet. At best, the Duggar daughters will be revealed as the boring, uneducated lumps they are. But I'd bet money on Jessa making some incredibly offensive religious-political statement and there being even more backlash against the family. If they want to self-destruct... hey, go for it. 

5 minutes ago, hockeymoo said:

I wouldn't even mind if a spin-off happened. The Duggars' reputation is already shot to hell with the public at large - I think more exposure would just invite more scrutiny, and possibly more skeletons will fall out of the closet. At best, the Duggar daughters will be revealed as the boring, uneducated lumps they are. But I'd bet money on Jessa making some incredibly offensive religious-political statement and there being even more backlash against the family. If they want to self-destruct... hey, go for it. 

You pose a good point here. You can keep trying to DRIVE a train wreck, but it's not going to work forever! ;)

I came rushing over to this forum to post my boring response only to find a carbon copy of it already posted.

Gutted.

Well not really, I do wonder if they are even paying attention though, I have a sinking feeling that they got more sun than shade for the Duggars though.

Dear Viewer:

Thank you for contacting Discovery Communications.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts and concerns with us regarding our programming. Please know that your comments will be forwarded to our program management and executives and will be taken into consideration.  

Comments such as yours are very important to us, as viewer opinions tell us what we can improve on and what our audience enjoys.  It is these types of comments that contribute to creating change and improving our programming.

Thank you again for expressing your interest in our programming.

Sincerely,

Viewer Relations
Discovery CommunicationsA reply to this message will not be answered.  If you have additional questions or comments, please go to our webform at http://corporate.discovery.com/contact/viewer-relations/

ETA: I noticed that they used the word concerns, I wonder if the anti's got the concern letter and the pro's got a compliments version?

Archived