IGNORED

Duggars soliciting fans to contact TLC

Buzzard

I'm putting this as its own thread because I know that not all of us read the mega threads.  This was posted on the Duggar blog yesterday

solicit.jpg

http://www.duggarfamilyblog.com/2015/12/send-your-feedback-to-tlc.html

Of course, we know that it wasnt "written" by the Duggars, but it most certainly was blessed by them.  

NO, we do NOT want to see an entire series of 'counting on!'  You guys know what to do, the link to Discovery communications is below so you dont have to click on their site.

https://corporate.discovery.com/contact/viewer-relations/

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the Discovery site is overwhelmed because the captiva box is just rendering and not showing me something to type in to show I am not a robot.

Here is my idea for a message, take it leave it, add to it...etc. :

Spoiler

Please do not continue with any Duggar show. The Duggar's need to concentrate on their own family and the needs of their children. In addition to the Josh scandals, they also follow a religious leader that is being sued by several ladies for sexual harassment/assult. I suggest TLC takes time to read SpiritualSoundingBoard.com and recoveringgrace.org for the lawsuit and many other issues with the "education" that the Duggars and Bates (on UP) preach about. If you want a good show, do a series on fundamental cults, several shows could be devoted just to ATI and Gothard and the sex abuse allegations.
Please do not put the Duggars back on TV.

I submitted one right before I posted here.  It gave me a captiva box, but didnt respond to let me know that it was submitted etc.

I really hope they are overwhelmed with negative responses!

9 minutes ago, quiversR4hunting said:

I think the Discovery site is overwhelmed because the captiva box is just rendering and not showing me something to type in to show I am not a robot.

Here is my idea for a message, take it leave it, add to it...etc. :

Reveal hidden contents

Please do not continue with any Duggar show. The Duggar's need to concentrate on their own family and the needs of their children. In addition to the Josh scandals, they also follow a religious leader that is being sued by several ladies for sexual harassment/assult. I suggest TLC takes time to read SpiritualSoundingBoard.com and recoveringgrace.org for the lawsuit and many other issues with the "education" that the Duggars and Bates (on UP) preach about. If you want a good show, do a series on fundamental cults, several shows could be devoted just to ATI and Gothard and the sex abuse allegations.
Please do not put the Duggars back on TV.

I also had an issue with the captcha box. I'm going to just keep trying, though. I really want to make sure they are getting negative feedback for this nonsense.

I won't even watch the specials online illegally anymore. I watched the first one, and it made me feel too uneasy. They need to go back to being The Learning Channel. We don't need to see anymore conservative religious families or exploited children.  

The captcha box is also not working for me, though I will keep trying to send. This is what I wrote:

I do not want any additional programming featuring the Duggar family. Not only has this family covered up and lied about sexual abuse that was happening in their own home, they also promote dangerous, extremist beliefs, including a complete disregard for education and independent thought, a belief that women should be completely submissive to men, even when abused, that sexual abuse victims are to blame for their own abuse, that LGBT people are child molesters and predators (particularly hypocritical, since Josh Duggar was preying on his own sisters), and the completely erroneous belief that contraception is "murder." If a Muslim family believed half of what the Duggar family does, they would be considered dangerous extremists, but the Duggars are still considered "wholesome" with "family values," despite the recent scandals. It is appalling that a channel once known as the Learning Channel peddles such an anti-intellectual and extremist family as supposed role models. If you really want to educate the public, show them the truth about what the Duggars really believe, including the fact that their "Bible teacher" Bill Gothard is a sexual predator, just like Josh. This family does not need another television platform to spout off their lies and nonsense.

16 minutes ago, Cleopatra7 said:

I do not want any additional programming featuring the Duggar family. Not only has this family covered up and lied about sexual abuse that was happening in their own home, they also promote dangerous, extremist beliefs, including a complete disregard for education and independent thought, a belief that women should be completely submissive to men, even when abused, that sexual abuse victims are to blame for their own abuse, that LGBT people are child molesters and predators (particularly hypocritical, since Josh Duggar was preying on his own sisters), and the completely erroneous belief that contraception is "murder." If a Muslim family believed half of what the Duggar family does, they would be considered dangerous extremists, but the Duggars are still considered "wholesome" with "family values," despite the recent scandals. It is appalling that a channel once known as the Learning Channel peddles such an anti-intellectual and extremist family as supposed role models. If you really want to educate the public, show them the truth about what the Duggars really believe, including the fact that their "Bible teacher" Bill Gothard is a sexual predator, just like Josh. This family does not need another television platform to spout off their lies and nonsense.

:worship: 

Just tried to leave a comment and same problem with the captiva box.  I'll try again later.  I hope they aren't being overwhelmed by leg humpers.  Oh well, I'll still give my honest opinion.  My remarks basically explained that I had no desire to see a dangerous cult featured on tv.

It took about five tries, but I was able to get my comment through at last (FYI, I'm using Firefox on a Macbook Pro). Maybe Discovery is being inundated by leghumpers, although to be honest, I think a more likely reason for the form being down is that it's a badly designed website.

I kept refreshing and was finally able to submit. I first scrolled down to see if the Captiva was visible. I am using a PC with IE 11.

Then when I submitted I received this:

Capture.JPG

6 minutes ago, quiversR4hunting said:

I kept refreshing and was finally able to submit. I first scrolled down to see if the Captiva was visible. I am using a PC with IE 11.

Then when I submitted I received this:

Capture.JPG

Yep! Me too! Looks like the traffic is slowing down. I just hope that the haters outnumbered the leghumpers.

Whatever issues that site had, they've been resolved as I was able to submit my comment and got the message that it has been received. I basically said that I refuse to watch TLC as long as they have the Duggars on that channel. I'm using Firefox on a relatively new Mac.

Better get on it before the Duggars catch on and delete the page lol.

actually I may agree to the show if it exposed them and was about their buffoonery.

53 minutes ago, Marissap said:

If you were able to submit feedback, what browser did you use? I was trying with Safari and I wonder if it is a compatability issue

I used chrome.  It took about 15 minutes for the captiva box to load, but I finally got the received page.

I just got mine through - I am on a Mac in safari.  The first time I did not wait :embarrassed:, but the second time I hit submit it went through in under 15 seconds.

I believe mine went through. I hope it isn't a ton of leghumpers who are giving them all "Yes" answers as they are such a wholesome show to watch. I hope all those that feel these people need to go express that and don't assume everyone else is so one more comment doesn't matter. These people do not need to be on TV for so many reasons.

Thanks for posting this as I do not look at the Duggar facebook page and would have missed it.

22 minutes ago, Whoosh said:

I just got mine through - I am on a Mac in safari.  The first time I did not wait :embarrassed:, but the second time I hit submit it went through in under 15 seconds.

Mine went right through as well and I'm also on a Mac using Safari.  Hang in there and get your comments submitted!

1 hour ago, Marissap said:

I can't see the captiva box either so there's no way for me to actually submit

I had to go back several times to get it to go.  But  wanted to make sure my distaste of Duggar programming was known.

I tried twice. I'll try again later. I'm afraid it's probably the leg humpers, because not many other people would read that.

Sent using safari on the iPad. I'm assuming most of the US is currently asleep and traffic is low. It's early morning here in Australia.

Archived