IGNORED

Videos from Preparing to be a Helpmeet

SheWoreLemon

Debi Pearl (who has borrowed Michelle Duggar's maternity shirt) and a-maiden-in-waiting discuss preparing yourself to marry whoever God has chosen for you. Will he be a priest, a prophet or a king??? (Bonus points if you can guess which one Michael Pearl is). Watching the whole videos are good, but I put time markers in if you're short on time.

Priest 2:00-5:25

http://www.nogreaterjoy.org/audio-video ... rstendebi/

A Prophet-- 2:14 on check out Debi's great comment at the end

A King--Kings are forceful and commanding... watch from 1:45 to 4:15 (though it's even better if you go to the end)

That woman's voice gives me a headache... But lol at the girl "You need to have your own hobbies while he does his own thing, that way you can learn to take control...NOT control...even if he's really good at math, don't expect him to teach math....hire a tutor!"

I also love how the girl starts out every video saying, "I don't think I'd like to marry a (insert personality type here)." Then Debi pipes up with all the good things about being married to such a man, and what it would like being married to him. And at the end the girl is like, "You know, I guess I wouln't mind being married to (so and so) after all."

Maiden, maybe you just don't want to get married yet! You can say no, you know.

The young lady in this video is cute, charming, sweet! I'm not talking just about her looks. It's her attitude, her gentle intelligent trusting honest spirit. Maybe it's that she stands in such stark contrast to the average modern female. I have my mate so I'm good but I melt and am so refreshed in seeing this innocence and purity and honor and healthy pride.

This was one of the comments under the youtube video. It sounds a bit creepy.

It's strange that on one hand, Debbi tells the wifes of prophets to be independent. She gives this advice not because women should be their own individual but to make life easier for this type of man. It's all about the husband, not if the woman wants to be independent.

The young lady needs to run now!

Michael Pearl is a king and command man. In other words, he is a selfish, controlling brat.

under the king video the girl says what if I get up early and make a breakfast but my husband says he doesn't want it. Am I supposed to make something else. Debbi says, "YES." No, girl, tell him to get off his ass and make his own damned breakfast.

Debbi says that the command man is a jerk but you should respond to him with "How may I please you." Debbi says that 'You are the helpmeet. God is going to give you to the man. He doesn't give the man to you."

Under the king video it sounds as if Debbi is trying to break that girl's will so she will accept any husband.

The Clampets get religion! If more people saw and heard this woman fewer would follow her teachings. Sorry--her HUSBAND's teachings! She's only the little helpmeet (that word makes me gak)

Any one else think "Helpmeet" is wrong because back in, say, 1641, a printer couldn't find another "A" so figured an E would do just fine?? And these idiots keep giving it some special meaning when it's just a typo.......

The Clampets get religion! If more people saw and heard this woman fewer would follow her teachings. Sorry--her HUSBAND's teachings! She's only the little helpmeet (that word makes me gak)

Any one else think "Helpmeet" is wrong because back in, say, 1641, a printer couldn't find another "A" so figured an E would do just fine?? And these idiots keep giving it some special meaning when it's just a typo.......

Back in 1641 there was no standardized spelling. So yeah...

The prophet guy--the one Debi describes as a visionary who gets messages from God to go out and do great things and how you as the helpmeet are supposed to go along with it, even though you think it sounds really crazy? That's totally Gabriel Anast (Debi's son-in-law).

My understanding is that it is not a typo. It's an archaic idiom. A help meet for him means a helper suitable for him.

meet 2 (mt) adj.

Fitting; proper: "It seems not meet, nor wholesome to my place" (Shakespeare).

There is no such thing as a helpmeet or a helpmate. The fundies (once again) misread their own scriptures.

My understanding is that it is not a typo. It's an archaic idiom. A help meet for him means a helper suitable for him.

meet 2 (mt) adj.

Fitting; proper: "It seems not meet, nor wholesome to my place" (Shakespeare).

There is no such thing as a helpmeet or a helpmate. The fundies (once again) misread their own scriptures.

I thought hopewell was talking about "help MEAT", which definitely implies moulding and puppetry... Much more appropriate in this case. ;)

I watched all three of those videos. Can I have my IQ points back, please?

I loved how the girl was visibly trying to edit out every other thing she said because she knew that it didn't come off as suitably "sweet." No wonder Debbie decided she "needed instruction"! Run, nice girl in the video! Run far, far away, before it's too late!

Archived