IGNORED

What has become of the Rovirosa Family?

Buzzard

22 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

This family is the perfect example of why the lifestyle she preached doesn't work and why her blog was so dangerous. It wasn't just a fluffy little blog documenting her family life, she was telling women that the key to a happy marriage is to be submissive. 

I still can't figure why they are now popping up to tell us we are all big meanie heads. 

Because it is easier to be mad at us than to be mad at someone you love (like your parents) or yourself for what they/you did.  

We aren't the ones they are mad at, and I think deep down they know that.  But we are much safer to vent against.  

• Upvote 16

16 hours ago, Alexrneb said:

Please not another grammar nazi....

The Nazis systematically exterminated millions of innocent people. Please don't use that term to dismiss someone who disagrees with you.

• Upvote 17

2 hours ago, ladyamylynn said:

Thank the FJ gods, I was all ready for a boring day at work! Hi Alex!

I'm afraid Alex #2 has left the building.  Is he even 18?  I meant to ask him.

The two Alexes are right little rays of sunshine aren't they?  I get that their lives have turned up-side-down and that it is easier to yell at strangers on the internet than at the people really responsible.

I agree with @formergothardite and @meda.  Why this sudden flurry of activity and bumping old threads?

• Upvote 9

Its really odd how we are evil miserable harpies for discussing a blog in real time, when the actual things were posted, yet she is forgiven because her thoughts have changed.  Its a funny thing, time is.  When I post this at 2:15 PM on Thursday, it does not become next week if you read it at that time.

What Sherry posted on he blog is/was dangerous.  I'm quite glad that they have broken away from that world.  It does not change that those writings were dangerous at the time we discussed them.  Should we recant our thoughts simply because she did?  I dont understand why we are so ebil for writing things that she now seems to agree with.

I'm terribly sorry that I didnt rend my clothes and cover myself in ashes for shame of what I wrote.  

• Upvote 13

Just a thought- When we were discussing Cheryl (Treasures From A Shoebox / The Long Way To Go), it was her daughter (who she grossly mistreated) who came to defend her.  Now two of Sherry's adult children have arrived to defend her.  I think I even remember Angel coming to speak out on Vyckie's behalf (am I remembering that correctly?).  

Anyway, why is it that these women who have no qualms telling the internet how it should be, are suddenly incapable of speaking up in the face of FJ?  Surely they aren't sending their adult children here to defend them....

Edited by Koala
  • Upvote 14

On 4/29/2016 at 2:48 AM, meda said:

She told women to keep sweet, stay thin, submit, and give sex to their husbands on demand.

Alexander & Alexandra: your mother's former blog, with its "teachings," was extremely harmful. Please don't tell me she didn't mean what she said, because it was clear she did. She wasn't a victim then; she was a (co-)perpetrator in pushing the culture of Christianist patriarchy. I read her pontifications (as summarized by Meda, above) so please don't try to tell me otherwise.

If she were to come here & apologize for her former (?) views it might be one thing, but you two making excuses for her doesn't cut it, in my book. Let her speak for herself if she actually regrets these things.

In the meantime, give the FJ-bashing a rest, and maybe think really hard about what's happened and why.

• Upvote 14

I'm kind of wondering exactly what Alexander thinks a woman should be to be happy.  Being a good fundie doormat was clearly not sufficient.  Being an outspoken career woman, as many of us are, also doesnt cut it.  So, what is the "new and improved" version of how a Rovirosa family female should behave? 

Should we clutch our pearls and ignore things we see as abhorrent in the hopes that in a decade the poster would change their minds?

• Upvote 6

On May 31, 2016 at 8:36 PM, Alexrneb said:

Said by the person with over 4,000 posts on an anti fundy forum lol I think you're the one who is hurting.

This is called an Ecological fallacy. Which means you're giving inferences about the nature of specific individuals based solely upon statistics collected for them to which those individuals belong.

Considering that this community represents a very wide, highly diverse set of interests, a single statistic such as that indicates very little - much less quality of life.

I'm genuinely curious (and I know very little about either you or your mother). Did she ever apologize to you over matters? My own mother never actually has.

Also, and this is the most important question of all: Do you prefer waffles or pancakes?

• Upvote 7

21 hours ago, Koala said:

Just a thought- When we were discussing Cheryl (Treasures From A Shoebox / The Long Way To Go), it was her daughter (who she grossly mistreated) who came to defend her.  Now two of Sherry's adult children have arrived to defend her.  I think I even remember Angel coming to speak out on Vyckie's behalf (am I remembering that correctly?).  

Anyway, why is it that these women who have no qualms telling the internet how it should be, are suddenly incapable of speaking up in the face of FJ?  Surely they aren't sending their adult children here to defend them....

Angel did come here.  Possibly more than once, but the one time I saw her, she did not act like Alex.  She did somewhat defend Vyckie, however overall she was fairly even-handed and was at times critical.  Really, I felt she acted similarly to how I would have acted if my mother was snarked on here (which she would be if she knew how to use the internet):  slightly defensive, because this is my mother and my family and I don't like to see them insulted, but also willing to admit that many criticisms do have merit.  It was Angel who said her mother just liked "causes", and that when Vyckie won Atheist of the Year, it was just the same as when she won QF Family of the Year.  

I am more than willing to admit that I did not see much of Angel's time here, but what I did see, I was impressed with.  

As for the Alexes/Alexii/2 Alexes, I think they may actually be beginning the process of exploring what their parents did to them.  And step 1 was a google search, which lead them to an old thread here, which made them angry and caused them to bump the thread.  We talk all the time about how this lifestyle creates emotionally immature individuals, and here we have case #123198473874: Alex finds a thread that makes them mad and acts 13. 

13 year olds act this way because generally this is the point in development where they begin to step out of their sheltered childhood bubble and actually start to come in contact with positions that are critical or contrary with what they were raised to believe.  They handle it poorly, but over time with continued exposure and guidance, they learn to handle it better.  Due to the sheltered Rovirosa lifestyle, the kids may just now be starting to find critical or contrary positions, and moreover, they were raised with a double portion of what most 13 year olds have: pride, conviction, and lack of any sort of doubt that you are completely correct in every way.

It's a recipe for....well...this.  We MUST be miserable, ugly, jealous, old hags because the only other option is that we might be RIGHT.  And, well, we can't have that.  

• Upvote 13

I'll also say that from his Facebook he looks very, very young. He may still be in high school. While I think his behavior is childish for an 18 year old, I've met teenagers that age who are still very defensive and unable to deal with criticism.

• Upvote 5

Yes, Angel has visited us at least twice, perhaps more than that.  I think she has a very complicated relationship with her mother.  She probably loves her and can't stand her at the same time.  She has been very critical of her but has also defended her strongly - see the Facebook ruckus and feud with HA recently over speculation about Duggar children's sexual identities.

As far as the Rovirosis - Alexandra (Alex1) and Alexander (Alex2): I don't find either of their appearances here terribly odd or what they said either surprising or offensive.  I found them rather typical in their reactions, to be honest.

Alexandra, if you look back a couple of pages, responded to a drive by here (Sadie) who said something very bitchy about her mother.  She was correcting the record before she drifted off into telling us we were superficial.  I didn't find her angry or irrational at all.  I thought Alex1 sounded quite balanced.  I don't expect any family members ever enjoy Free Jinger snark. 

Then we got another ugly drive by.  I wondered whether it was Dad.  

Alex2 was only interesting in that he went after us and completely ignored the drive bys.  As it happens, my conscience was quite clear when it came to Alex2.   I don't think I ever snarked on Sherry.  I didn't remember her (still don't) although I can't imagine why or how I missed her.  Perhaps I was overloaded on pinkness by Lady Lydia.

I hate pink with a deadly passion - so there! 

I think it is possible that Alex2 is younger than 18.  He sounds very young.

• Upvote 5

• 3 years later...
  • 3 years later...

So Sherry randomly popped up in my thoughts this morning, and I did some searching to see what's she's been up to, and it seems she's back in a new form! 😮

Screenshot2023-10-19at11_49_42am.thumb.png.07a553723cea713b74e6ce6d8b49a275.png

Screenshot 2023-10-19 at 11.50.11 am.png

Edited by truthseeker

Honestly, this sort of thing bothers me a lot. I’m glad she’s no longer fundie but this is damaging too. Ugh. She just can’t help but tell the world about her toxic beliefs.

C7FF23F4-5F74-4447-8A11-39181DEB536F.jpeg

1 hour ago, truthseeker said:

it seems she's back in a new form! 😮

Either that or she got a copy of Photoshop. 

Girlfriend should take some classes in photo-editing if sheʻs going to keep posing for her business materials. 

• I Agree 1

Since it’s obvious she enjoys plastic surgery (I have no issue with people using plastic surgery so I’m not shaming her), I can’t imagine people taking weight loss advice from her. Because people probably assume she a got her hour glass figure through plastic surgery. And most people in the US can’t afford it. 

405E2CBC-3BB6-4BA3-8B46-87347EE882D3.jpeg

• I Agree 1