IGNORED

What has become of the Rovirosa Family?

Buzzard

Well, I do personally wonder: If our opinions are worthless, why even dignify them with a response?

• Upvote 12

12 minutes ago, Alexrneb said:

There's a big difference between calling out wrong and making personal attacks.

I am simply pointing out the idiocy of you attempting to "rid the world of injustice" when you are doing exactly what you are attacking.

I actually agree. Though I am hardly perfect at avoiding it, I do try to stick to discussing the beliefs instead of going for personal attacks. The snark on your mother's decorating style and things like that stemmed from how she used this fake version of the past to support her repressive views on women.

• Upvote 12

4 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

Like it or not - your family is a cautionary tale.  I'm sure it hurts to know that.  

Like I said despite what we have been through our family is leagues better than any other on this site and I guarantee people like yourself and formergothardite know that your lives are miserable as you've shown to spend as much time as all of you have to attack a woman who while wrong was simply stating her beliefs and never went after all of you like you've done to her.

• Downvote 3

I've been posting with Palimpsests for a long time and she seems pretty damn happy with her life. I'm hardly a pile of misery. Some one let me know if I come off that way. I am a bit miffed at the school nurse. And Hunter's mom annoyed me this afternoon. But I picked strawberries yesterday and canned jelly and then I got all crazy and made my own all natural fruit roll-ups. And I can't wait till blueberries are ready. 

Alex, you are angry and I know that you are lashing out at us because of your anger. I hope one day you can realize that your mother also hurt a lot of people with her blog and that she taught really dangerous things and you can understand where people here were coming from. 

• Upvote 14

6 minutes ago, Alexrneb said:

Like I said despite what we have been through our family is leagues better than any other on this site and I guarantee people like yourself and formergothardite know that your lives are miserable as you've shown to spend as much time as all of you have to attack a woman who while wrong was simply stating her beliefs and never went after all of you like you've done to her.

Are you opposed to the proper use of punctuation?  Or merely unfamiliar with the concept?

Edited by EmmieJ
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, EmmieJ said:

Are you opposed to the proper use of punctuation?  Or merely unfamiliar will th the concept?

Please not another grammar nazi....

Edited by Alexrneb
  • Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, Alexrneb said:

I'm actually very happy with my life.  I also don't think I've ever attacked your mother.  Pointing out erroneous thinking and strange and destructive beliefs is not unfairly attacking.

Young man - please get a grip on reality.  You are obviously hurting.  I'm sorry for that.

• Upvote 8

2 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

Young man - please get a grip on reality.  You are obviously hurting.  I'm sorry for that.

Said by the person with over 4,000 posts on an anti fundy forum lol I think you're the one who is hurting.

• Downvote 1

First of all, I am very happy. I got married last year to a wonderful man.

Second, I have zero sympathy for fundies. Why? Because when the walls come tumbling down in your hateful, dangerous little world, it's all about you and you pain. Rarely is there remorse for the people YOU have have hurt.

So, yeah I take great pleasure in snarking on fundies and exposing them for what they are. I also get a little pleasure when they fall from grace. It's what they deserve.

• Upvote 5

Just now, Alexrneb said:

Said by the person with over 4,000 posts on an anti fundy forum lol I think you're the one who is hurting.

I was hurt by a quasi-fundy missionary father.  I'm doing very well now, many years later, but thanks for your concern.  

Posting on a forum dedicated to alerting others to the dangers of Fundamentalism is, I believe, almost a public service.  Yes, some of us are very snarky - but there is also a lot of good information here.

We can agree to disagree - but after what your family went through perhaps you might want to join us not yell at us.

Think about it.  You admit that you have changed your mind.  Do you want others to suffer - or are you happy to think you can "move on" with no responsibility to help others out of similar situations?

• Upvote 21

7 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

I was hurt by a quasi-fundy missionary father.  I'm doing very well now, many years later, but thanks for your concern.  

Posting on a forum dedicated to alerting others to the dangers of Fundamentalism is, I believe, almost a public service.  Yes, some of us are very snarky - but there is also a lot of good information here.

We can agree to disagree - but after what your family went through perhaps you might want to join us not yell at us.

Think about it.  You admit that you have changed your mind.  Do you want others to suffer - or are you happy to think you can "move on" with no responsibility to help others out of similar situations?

If this site was truly dedicated to helping people out of it I would definitely join but I won't be joining sides with people that sit around and tear other people down in an attempt to make them fell better about themselves.

Edited by Alexrneb
  • Downvote 1

Eh, I came upon freejinger to talk shit about the Duggars. I don't have delusions I'm doing a service to anyone but myself and my boredom. 

P.S. I wouldn't even have seen this thread or heard about your family if you hadn't bumped it. 

• Upvote 15

There has been a lot of discussion here lately about attacking ideas and not people. But, you need to first accept that your mother wrote a very hurtful and bad blog and that is why she was discussed here. 

• Upvote 14

23 minutes ago, Alexrneb said:

Please not another grammar nazi....

It's not being a grammar nazi to suggest some basic punctuation in a post. Using the occasional comma and period makes your comments infinitely more readable and, more important, understandable. You do want to be properly understood here, I take it?

• Upvote 9

1 minute ago, formergothardite said:

There has been a lot of discussion here lately about attacking ideas and not people. But, you need to first accept that your mother wrote a very hurtful and bad blog and that is why she was discussed here. 

And like I said there is a difference between calling out what's wrong and tearing someone down which 95% of the posts in this thread have been but you either refuse to or won't see that so I'm done but hopefully you all see what your doing soon cause karma is a bitch.

• Downvote 1

10 minutes ago, Alexrneb said:

If this site was truly dedicated to helping people out of it I would definitely join but I won't be joining sides with people that sit around and tear other people down in an attempt to make them fell better about themselves.

Fair enough.  There is a lot of crap here - but I try focus on the threads that attempt to explore what makes people vulnerable to destructive beliefs and not the facile stuff.  

I don't think we will ever be able to help people out on an online forum.  We can alert people to dangerous beliefs and talk to each other to try to make sense of it all. 

None of this makes me feel better about myself.  It is more - there but for the grace of the FSM ...

Edited by Palimpsest
  • Upvote 1

I resent that Internet forums are seen as some pathetic waste of time. Is it any worse than watching tv or movies for hours? Or playing candy crush saga? Or posting pictures all over social media? Or blogging your enormous family's daily life for hours on end? 

• Upvote 21

9 minutes ago, Alexrneb said:

And like I said there is a difference between calling out what's wrong and tearing someone down which 95% of the posts in this thread have been but you either refuse to or won't see that so I'm done but hopefully you all see what your doing soon cause karma is a bitch.

I do wish you the best.

Karma, much like hell is something I don't believe in. I wish karma existed, so nasty people did get their comeuppance. It would make life easier. 

• Upvote 14

49 minutes ago, EmmieJ said:

Are you opposed to the proper use of punctuation?  Or merely unfamiliar with the concept?

I think we have a SOTDRT graduate in the house today. Off to the prayer closet with me! TTFN. I'll be back with a Diet Coke and a tub of popcorn. 

Edited by divadivine
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Alexrneb said:

Please explain to me how my mom's former views on how one is to live their life is similar to a belief that one race of people is better than another.

You're right; espousing to one-half of the world's population that they are lesser than and must subjugate themselves to the other half has no similarities in any way to a belief that one race is better than another. <sarcasm>

Yup, encouraging other women to submit to a patriarchal ideology, albeit a pink one, was not harmful at all.

• Upvote 20

1 hour ago, Alexrneb said:

Looks like the judgy little apple did not fall far from the sanctimonious tree. Congratulations, You've now told all us evil harpies what's what and why your mother is so much better than people like us. Not unlike your mother did for years on her blog. Which absolutely no one was actively discussing anymore until you and your equally charming sister decided to...what, exactly? Feel some delayed umbrage about a dead thread on a message board?   

just out of curiousity, is one of you starting a new "mission"? Writing a tell-all? MLM business? This smacks of misguided self promotion.

• Upvote 18
  • Downvote 1

28 minutes ago, meda said:

Looks like the judgy little apple did not fall far from the sanctimonious tree. Congratulations, You've now told all us evil harpies what's what and why your mother is so much better than people like us. Not unlike your mother did for years on her blog. Which absolutely no one was actively discussing anymore until you and your equally charming sister decided to...what, exactly? Feel some delayed umbrage about a dead thread on a message board?   

just out of curiousity, is one of you starting a new "mission"? Writing a tell-all? MLM business? This smacks of misguided self promotion.

And don't forget entitled self-indulgence.

• Upvote 8

Ah. I see. So when bad things happen to other people, it's because they deserved it, karma in action. When bad things happen to your family, it's because... ?

Personally, I prefer to not throw around blame when bad things happen, because that's not really how it works. Tornadoes aren't lying in wait taking notes about who's a jerk on the internet. Car accidents don't stop and ask "wait, but did you REALLY donate at the office?" Sweet little kids die of cancer and wicked rich old men die in the back of limousines, every day. Sometimes the bad things that happen to us have someone clearly at fault, but a lot of the time, maybe even most of the time, it isn't that clear-cut.

And if there's someone at fault in what happened to your family, which there might be, I wasn't there... I feel pretty confident it wasn't meanies on the internet. Why don't you take it up with whoever is actually to blame?

• Upvote 21

13 hours ago, Season of life... said:

You're right; espousing to one-half of the world's population that they are lesser than and must subjugate themselves to the other half has no similarities in any way to a belief that one race is better than another. <sarcasm>

Yup, encouraging other women to submit to a patriarchal ideology, albeit a pink one, was not harmful at all.

This, all of it. I understand Alexander is hurting and had a ton of shit fall on his head recently, but his complete confusion as to how misogyny can be as dangerous as racism shows he has not made many steps away from fundamentalism yet, tank tops and social media aside. 

Alexander, does your mother's divorce not show you firsthand how women being subjugated and dependent on men is dangerous and debilitating for women? She did everything to be a faithful wife and good mother, and when your father had a whim to be with another woman, she lost her marriage, her financial standing, and her entire identity because of his decision. She had no autonomy in her life and could be disposed of like an object. 

She seems like a nice enough person and a parent who really loves her children, and so I think she's worth more than that. I think all women are worth more than that, which is why I despise the misogynistic views your mother used to promote. 

• Upvote 24

This family is the perfect example of why the lifestyle she preached doesn't work and why her blog was so dangerous. It wasn't just a fluffy little blog documenting her family life, she was telling women that the key to a happy marriage is to be submissive. 

I still can't figure why they are now popping up to tell us we are all big meanie heads. 

• Upvote 14