IGNORED

What has become of the Rovirosa Family?

Buzzard

I'd expect

2 hours ago, Joyleaf said:

No mention here either:
http://www.passantinobros.com/home/index.cfm/obituaries/view/fh_id/13851/id/3367198

I wonder if she went back to her maiden name (if she still lives), and whether it is Heiman or Foster.

If she died recently I'd expect there to be an obituary and condolences & references to grief on the children and spouse's FB's. I'm not seeing any on the links I browsed although some posts might not be public.

Her sister's obituary is online and based on that I'd guess the maiden name is Heiman, because the parents and two sisters are listed as Heimans. Unless Sherri is a halfsibling.

Wasn't the mouse torturer from this family?

Found in google cache:

Her pinterest page used to have the heading

140 × 140 - Sherry Rovirosa | I am a Christian wife and homeschooling mother of 12 blessings. These boards are all my ideas for decorating our dream home someday!

Now it says:

These boards are all my ideas for decorating my dream home someday!

It points to a divorce IMO.

• Upvote 5

7 minutes ago, Furious said:

Wasn't the mouse torturer from this family?

No, but I think we might have found the mouse torturer through this blog. The MT is named Anna, I think. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

No, but I think we might have found the mouse torturer through this blog. The MT is named Anna, I think. 

found this post on the MT, but this isn't the thread I was thinking of: http://www.freejinger.org/topic/24087-lets-go-down-the-fj-fundie-rabbit-hole/?do=findComment&comment=1015454

Who is sitting in the passenger seat in this pic?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=511550705692933&set=pb.100005140235630.-2207520000.1451481983.&type=3&theater

Here's another pic that seems to indicate they are living with the lady on the bottom right (perhaps Sherri's mom):

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=460329387481732&set=pb.100005140235630.-2207520000.1451482077.&type=3&theater

"When the snows fall and the wind blows, the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives."

I was able to spend the weekend back at the den with my pack. My siblings and I have been through a lot together, but we haven't let it break us apart. I'm blessed to be part of this pack.
 — with Jonathan 

Here's another:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=458148297700668&set=a.102603699921798.3705.100005165043701&type=3&theater

Is that Sherri? Kinda sorta looks like her....

Edited by Koala

I think thats her.  She seems to have also gotten into the self tanner.  She's come a LONG way from the long, blonde hair.  Is this the family that would "practice" going to the supermarket by lining the children up like a train?

pinterestpic.thumb.jpg.bf350ec97d19120c1

rovirosafamilypic.thumb.jpg.209a7ea1bfb0

Does she have a mohawk?  And is that a TANK TOP? I really, really want to know what happened in this family!

• Upvote 2

I gave my life to raising my children, caring for their every little need

:pb_lol:

Right...unless they needed her at night.  Or during the 2 hours they were required to spend in their room.  Or when the nanny was spending hours holding her crying baby.  

Just fell down that FJ rabbit hole.   I think I know this family.  They live in my area and I'm pretty sure I've met a few of the kids and maybe dad.  Yikes..did not know the whole FJ history.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Joyleaf said:

Interesting.
So Sherry filed the divorce and Ignacio agreed to pay $2,000 per month?

Looks like it which suggests to me that Ignacio bailed on the marriage.

Also looks like the divorce was finalized prior to the death of Ignacioʻs mother which explains why Sherry isnʻt mentioned in the obit linked above.

• Upvote 2

It appears that she filed, yes.  There are records that it went through mediation but in the end, they have joint custody of the minor children and she gets 2K/month.  They dont have the decree scanned so we dont know what happened to the house and other property.

Timothy died in utero in February of 2011

Her sister Died in August of 2011

The church closed and the blog went dark in 2013

Alexandra blogged for a while, but moved to facebook primarily.. 

Whatever happened must have seriously shaken the family. 

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Buzzard said:

Whatever happened must have seriously shaken the family. 

Sounds similar to the implosion of the Voeller family after Patriarse Jim took up with his then-secretary & ditched the fam, but not quite as public.

• Upvote 2

I was looking for the beginning of the rabbit hole (its on Yuku so its hard to find) and found this thread here:

Considering the divorce its pretty clear that there were issues dating way back in the marriage.  She was blaming herself and trying to "fix" it.  Its too bad that her blog doesnt appear to be archived anywhere. 

• Upvote 1

From that link it is obvious their marriage had massive issues and she was trying to fix it with the Lori solution of "submit moar!" and "10 minutes and some lube". Didn't work. 

• Upvote 3

I think that Sherry has a sister still living so that could be her in one or both of the pictures - it deffo looks like Sherry in the photo in the car though!  She looks relaxed and happy too!  If it is her, she looks like leaving the life of pink frilly homeschooling perfection may have been good for her.

Awww, this makes me sad for Sherry. Sure, I thought she was a bit kooky and definitely didn't agree with her on ... well, pretty much anything... but it seemed like she really thought she was the True Biblical Wife and had the formula for the Perfect Biblical Marriage (TM). The divorce must have been heartbreaking for her.

Also, she didn't seem overtly hateful like Zsu/Lori (to me, anyway; but I didn't follow her for very long), so I guess I had a little soft spot for her. I hope she is happy and doing well now, and I'm glad some of her older kiddos are living normal lives.

• Upvote 3

Thanks for starting this thread Buzzard! I'd been wondering what happened to them. I suspected divorce because there were Facebook pictures of a wedding over a year ago, and it seemed Sherry wasn't there but Ignacio was.  Now I'm curious if they all dumped the fundy lifestyle. I hope so!

You know in retrospect,  it's clear she was trying so damned hard to be Perfect Wife under all  that pink,  lace and hair bleach. 

Sad because she wasn't  one of the more hateful ones, just notable for her total WTFuckery.

• Upvote 2

Oh wow. I hadn't heard of this family before and what an interesting rabbit hole to tumble into!.

Ugh! That blog design is incredibly awful. So sickly, so pink, so stuffed with images. And as you read her posts, the background doesn't move, and because it's patterned (of course it is!), when you scroll down, the words scroll over the background and it is so annoying to read!.

She was very much a "Barbie Doll" type though, that's for sure. This photo is from her post on 22nd June 2012 and they'd been away for their 25th anniversary. So it all must have ended a year or so later?

IMG_7988_pp_pp.JPG

Edited by DaffyDill
Added a bit
  • Upvote 1

I was always an Alexandra fan.  She had so much life, was clearly intelligent despite her education, and had an actual desire to seek the outside world.  I'm really glad that she has broken out of her gender roles of nannying and is pursuing the life that she wants, assuming that being a stylist is what she wants.  I wonder what life it like for the minor children, are they still homeschooled or did the divorce allow them to break out of that world and receive a real education?  Ignacio has clearly moved on.  I can only hope that Sherry is able to pick up her life, accept that whatever happened is not her fault for failure to spread her legs enough, and have the life she deserves.

• Upvote 4

What was the deal with Ignacio's church?  I'd always assumed that he was a properly trained minister and part of a 'real' church which had chosen to send him on a mission.  Reading the other comments on this thread, I'm geting the impression that he had set up his own church?  

If so I'm gobsmacked at the lifestyle his family was able to live.  Apart from the umpteen children, they had a big house full of victoriana, frilly dresses, sewing supplies, Sherry's beauty treatments etc etc.  I remember Sherry posting at length about how thrifty they had to be and how her prayers for vintage plates for teaparties were answered by a gift but still!